14 Pages«<1011121314>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3feetwolf  
#221 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2023 8:42:50 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: TZO3K1 Go to Quoted Post

HA, well I'll be damned!

Being wrong never felt so right!

Thanks for the quick answer, and I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

Yeah, like an idiot, I was still using the file you uploaded as a quick pre-release of the official one in the forums, instead of deleting my installation for a new one,

and it works!

What originally threw me off was the UV drop-down list, as I did not see any Genesis 8.1 clone, so I just installed, and readied the PBR iray on the genitals,

and set it to base female instead of default UVs and viola, it now works!

Again thanks for your valuable Sunday time, and again, sorry to have wasted it!

NOW I can't wait to snag your G9 version, well, as soon as UNBM comes out, as 9 looks like shit without it!

It's okay, you can contact me anytime if you have any questions : )

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
TZO3K1 on 5/16/2023(UTC)
TZO3K1  
#222 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2023 9:41:09 AM(UTC)
TZO3K1

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for saying so, very generous of you, if only actual corporations were like Daz's content creators/PAs… :) :P
druc  
#223 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2023 5:16:53 AM(UTC)
druc

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hi, I have just purchased RawArt Cyclops Thea for G8F and for the first time, NGV8 script wont texture the gens. They are white. Please see attached images.

druc attached the following image(s):
NGV8.jpg
BrotherHades  
#224 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2023 5:46:11 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: druc Go to Quoted Post

Hi, I have just purchased RawArt Cyclops Thea for G8F and for the first time, NGV8 script wont texture the gens. They are white. Please see attached images.

Do you have any Geoshells being used? Because it looks like the shells added surface issue at first glance. 

druc  
#225 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2023 7:01:46 AM(UTC)
druc

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Do you have any Geoshells being used? Because it looks like the shells added surface issue at first glance. 

That fixed it. There doesn't seem to be a Shell fix script in NGV8, there is in GP and that worked.

BrotherHades  
#226 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2023 6:38:32 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

That fixed it. There doesn't seem to be a Shell fix script in NGV8, there is in GP and that worked.

Sadly it is just the way shells work. When a figure is loaded in the shell adds all active surfaces on the figure and all attached grafts. A lot of the shells will load in with all the normal extras turned off by default. However if there are other surfaces added from grafts, the shell doesn't know they're supposed to be off, and there is no textures info for those added surfaces, so it loads them in to the default of on, and a base color of 1.00  1.00  1.00 with no map in the channel. So you end up with a white surface. So your options are to disable the extra shell surfaces (usually the easiest option and what the shell fix script will do) or you can set the shell surfaces closest to the new surfaces via copy and pasting (On genitals the closest surface will be body or torso) so you make sure the new surfaces use the same Shader as the shell (If not go ahead and set the correct shader) then go to torso surface of the shell right click and copy selected surface(s) now select the Added surfaces right click and Paste to Selected Surfaces, this should add the shell torso surface to the new surfaces (this method while more complex is best for situations for all body shell overlays like clothing, dirt shells, wet shells, tan line shells)   

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 8/12/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#227 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2023 9:28:56 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi, 
I have written a script called Compatible_with_Geometry_Shell8.1.dsa. If the problem is caused by the geometry shell then it can fix that. The usage of this script is as follows: 
1. Apply NGV8 to your character

2. Apply geometry shell props to your character

3. Select geometry shell props node in the Scene pane and then run this script

If you didn't find this script in 'People > Genesis 8 Female > Anatomy > New Genitalai For Victoria 8' in Content Library, please download the zip file I have attached and copy the script file inside to the folder mentioned above. 

File Attachment(s):
Compatible_with_Geometry_Shell8.1.dsa.zip (2kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
druc  
#228 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2023 9:36:26 PM(UTC)
druc

Thank you. I have just downloaded your script. I may have missed a product update as I didn't have the material update script either.
3feetwolf  
#229 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2023 10:32:57 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Thank you. I have just downloaded your script. I may have missed a product update as I didn't have the material update script either.

Hi,

Hope the script solves this problem. If you find out that the problem is not caused by geo shell please let me know. 
And you may want to re-download the full installation package of NGV8, all the updates, including the material update script have been integrated into this package. 

druc  
#230 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2023 8:08:43 AM(UTC)
druc

Thank you. Sorry for the delay, been away for a week holiday. I will re-download so I can pick up any other updates.
druc  
#231 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2023 8:09:38 AM(UTC)
druc

Love your products, by the way. And your support.
thanks 1 user thanked druc for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 8/20/2023(UTC)
druc  
#232 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2023 9:12:03 PM(UTC)
druc

I have a question in relation to the Expansion pack and textures. When I use the Customize genitalia the results are magnificent with the one exception, there is no option to choose "skin colour" for the clitoris hood. In the Materials 02 Labia Minora Color then 025 Customize there is, but I can't work out how to use both.

3feetwolf  
#233 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2023 7:41:06 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I have a question in relation to the Expansion pack and textures. When I use the Customize genitalia the results are magnificent with the one exception, there is no option to choose "skin colour" for the clitoris hood. In the Materials 02 Labia Minora Color then 025 Customize there is, but I can't work out how to use both.

Hi, 
I didn't take into account the need for the clitoral hood to use the character's skin color when I made the Expansion pack. 
However you can accomplish this by manually modifying the appropriate mask images. 
I have modified these images on my computer and successfully test them. 

Please download the attached mask files and copy them to "Runtime/Textures/3feetwolf/NewGenitaliaForVictoria8/ExpansionPack/Masks" to replace the original masks. 
Then, just regenerate the gens textures for your character. 

It's easy to modify these mask images and you can continue to improve them in image editing software until you get the desired result. But if you have any question in doing this, please let me know. 

File Attachment(s):
Masks.zip (339kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
druc  
#234 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2023 7:45:06 AM(UTC)
druc

Thank you, I will give it a try.
druc  
#235 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2023 10:07:46 AM(UTC)
druc

Your textures went 99% of the way. I like to test to the extreme so I used G8F BD Oshun. Please see attached. If I can get rid of the pink area pointed too I would be a very happy chappy.  

druc attached the following image(s):
NGV8.jpg
druc  
#236 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2023 10:14:53 AM(UTC)
druc

Oh and I forgot, is there a way to change the clitoris colour. I know, I am a pain in the neck. But you are wonderful.
3feetwolf  
#237 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2023 4:25:42 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Your textures went 99% of the way. I like to test to the extreme so I used G8F BD Oshun. Please see attached. If I can get rid of the pink area pointed too I would be a very happy chappy.  

Hi, 

This is the new mask. The places you have indicated have been changed to use skin color and  the clitoris' color will be red. 
It should be noted that based on my observation of the reference pictures, the places you have labeled in the pictures should belong to the mucous or where the mucous meet the skin, so I think the presence of red color in those places would look more natural. Of course this is just my personal opinion, just for reference :-P

File Attachment(s):
Masks.zip (194kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
druc  
#238 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2023 6:05:48 AM(UTC)
druc

On a lighter skin your first mask does a magnificent job. Unfortunately I have no personal experience with skin anywhere near as dark as Oshun. I intentionally used the darkest skin as a trial. Using it on Xochil (I am having a little North American first Nations moment) and I really like the results. Pink/red clitoris is wonderful thank you.
RumplePops  
#239 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2023 9:03:12 AM(UTC)
RumplePops

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Greetings! Not sure if this thread is still active, but I've got a render glitch involving Pubic Hair for NVG8 that is driving me crazy, and I can't find any other reference to it anywhere online. Sometimes when a GF8 model with NVG8 Pubic Hair is backlit by an HDRI, I get crazy bright spots and burn artifacts all around the pubic hair. It look like the hidden portion of the pubic hair material is still somehow causing specular highlights. This only happens with HDRI backlighting. I have tried messing with every possible setting of the pubic hair material, but nothing works. I've attached some renders, one with a custom pubic hair shape and two with default shapes. Has anyone encountered anything like this? Is it a problem with the material? With the HDRI? With iray settings? Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by user Sunday, October 22, 2023 9:06:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Cart-Cycle_Scn02_Pubes-Glitch-Test6.png (5,406kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
Cart-Cycle_Scn02_Pubes-Glitch-Test.png (5,197kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
RumplePops attached the following image(s):
Showcase-Adult-Ai-Chan_Scn01_v04_Camera - Copy.png
3feetwolf  
#240 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2023 9:11:47 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: RumplePops Go to Quoted Post

Greetings! Not sure if this thread is still active, but I've got a render glitch involving Pubic Hair for NVG8 that is driving me crazy, and I can't find any other reference to it anywhere online. Sometimes when a GF8 model with NVG8 Pubic Hair is backlit by an HDRI, I get crazy bright spots and burn artifacts all around the pubic hair. It look like the hidden portion of the pubic hair material is still somehow causing specular highlights. This only happens with HDRI backlighting. I have tried messing with every possible setting of the pubic hair material, but nothing works. I've attached some renders, one with a custom pubic hair shape and two with default shapes. Has anyone encountered anything like this? Is it a problem with the material? With the HDRI? With iray settings? Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, this does look weird. ng8's p hair is actually composed of polygons, and it should not be illuminated by backlight in any case... 
I need to test this issue, could you send me a scene with this backlight?