14 Pages«<89101112>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Slashed_999  
#181 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2022 12:07:11 AM(UTC)
Slashed_999

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I think I understand what he's talking about. 

The answer for this question I think is no and yes.

No - means there's no specific script to apply to the NGV8 to collision. But,

Yes - my practice is you can apply smooth modifier to main instance of NGV8 and have it collision setup to your G8M genital and have it work.

thanks 1 user thanked Slashed_999 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 6/13/2022(UTC)
dogcatbfg9000  
#182 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2022 5:40:13 AM(UTC)
dogcatbfg9000

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: dogcatbfg9000 Go to Quoted Post

Hi 3feetwolf,

I hope that this is the right thread to reply to. I couldn't anything on the web.

Is there any collision script (or something else) to assist with penetration of objects or G8F male genitals?

Thanks,

Yoni

Hi, 

I do not quite understand what you mean. Could you please describe your needs in more detail? 

I want a G8M genitals and G8F NGV8 to fit in a penetration.

I have to work really hard posing both characters so it will look natural.

3feetwolf  
#183 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2022 9:43:39 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 258 time(s) in 144 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Slashed_999 Go to Quoted Post

I think I understand what he's talking about. 

The answer for this question I think is no and yes.

No - means there's no specific script to apply to the NGV8 to collision. But,

Yes - my practice is you can apply smooth modifier to main instance of NGV8 and have it collision setup to your G8M genital and have it work.

I see, thanks for the explanation. 

3feetwolf  
#184 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2022 10:02:29 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: dogcatbfg9000 Go to Quoted Post

I want a G8M genitals and G8F NGV8 to fit in a penetration.

I have to work really hard posing both characters so it will look natural.

I'm afraid this is difficult because it is influenced by many factors. I can't think of a better way to improve your work efficiency at the moment than using mesh smoothing.  

Downjonsie  
#185 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 7:39:17 AM(UTC)
Downjonsie

I'm having an issue not typical of geoshells. The color and effects geoshell surface pane has NO texture parameter. Literally none. I can't copy/paste working geoshell surface parameters to it. And I refuse to restart because I've spent so much time perfecting her shape. Is there ANY possible solution? Perhaps a fix script I've been missing out on? To clarify, they were working just the other day.

Edited by moderator Tuesday, June 28, 2022 4:57:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Community Policy Violation - underage imagery

seismeec  
#186 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2022 6:54:47 AM(UTC)
seismeec

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hi all,

stumbling onto this problem with 8.1 models (previously, I could use NG w/o any problems on 8.1, maybe this has changed w/ the latest vers. 4.20.0.17?): After I apply NG, the color shell goes dark:

>>>see file G8.1F_with_Color_shell.png

(here w/ an arbitrary G8.1 model, also tested w/ V8.1).

When I disable the color shell, it looks like this:

>>>see file G8.1F_no_color_shell.png

Any idea how to fix this behavior? I'd love to get the colors back.

Thanks!

seismeec attached the following image(s):
G8.1F_with_Color_shell.png
G8.1F_no_color_shell.png
BrotherHades  
#187 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2022 3:40:49 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 239 post(s)

Originally Posted by: seismeec Go to Quoted Post

Hi all,

stumbling onto this problem with 8.1 models (previously, I could use NG w/o any problems on 8.1, maybe this has changed w/ the latest vers. 4.20.0.17?): After I apply NG, the color shell goes dark:

>>>see file G8.1F_with_Color_shell.png

(here w/ an arbitrary G8.1 model, also tested w/ V8.1).

When I disable the color shell, it looks like this:

>>>see file G8.1F_no_color_shell.png

Any idea how to fix this behavior? I'd love to get the colors back.

Thanks!

Check to see what shader is being used on the color shell? If it is applying PBRSkin Shader that may be the issue as I believe the color shell uses transparency (Hence the black around the colored parts on the map, as normally when transparency is used in DS what is black on the map, is telling the render engine that it needs to be transparent) and for some reason the PBRSkin shader disables transparency (Even though the transparency dial is there it is disabled) So you may have to at the least change the Shader on the color shell to Iray Uber. If that doesn't work you may have to switch textures to an IRay Uber based one.

thanks 2 users thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
seismeec on 6/29/2022(UTC), 3feetwolf on 6/29/2022(UTC)
seismeec  
#188 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2022 4:07:47 PM(UTC)
seismeec

First - thanks @BrotherHades for your reply, much appreciated!

I actually changed the shader to Uber Iray Base but got lost. What exactly do you mean w/ "transparency"/"transparency dial"? I actually cannot find it in the "Surfaces" tab (see screenshot), neither before nor after applying the Iray Uber Base Shader... Do you mean opacity? That, at least, didn't change anything.

I actually ***do*** want using the PBR shaders as I think they look more realistic. Wouldn't that be possible with NG at all?

seismeec attached the following image(s):
G8.1F_Uber_no_transparency.png
3feetwolf  
#189 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2022 8:51:16 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I actually changed the shader to Uber Iray Base but got lost. What exactly do you mean w/ "transparency"/"transparency dial"? I actually cannot find it in the "Surfaces" tab (see screenshot), neither before nor after applying the Iray Uber Base Shader... Do you mean opacity? That, at least, didn't change anything.

I actually ***do*** want using the PBR shaders as I think they look more realistic. Wouldn't that be possible with NG at all?

Hi, 

NGV8 has been upgraded to support PBR shaders. Please download and install the latest version of NGV8 to see if the issue is resolved.

If the problem persists, please tell me your character's product page and I'll test it to find out the real cause of the problem. 

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
seismeec on 6/30/2022(UTC)
BrotherHades  
#190 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2022 9:33:08 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Yeah, they keep changing names of dials and channels with different shaders. In Iray Uber it is Cutout Opacity,(Which only activates when you plug in the transmap, but afterward everything on the transmap that is black will disappear, greys will become partly see through, and white stays solid) Which isn't there in PBRSkin so if you have an item with a trans map like a lot of shells and grafts tend to use it doesn't work with PBRSkin unless I'm guessing you have to remove said trans map from the equation (I know Meipe was discussing the PBRSkin lack of transparency recently when someone pointed out his shells were using Iray Uber and not PBRSkin) for the most part when dealing with the body/torso maps it isn't a problem, but if dealing with something like a shell that requires transmaps it will mean either re texturing so that the trans map isn't needed, or using a different shader that accepts transmaps. 

Like 3feetwolf said though he has updated the product to work with PBRSkin, so I would say update your download as a first step and see if it fixes the problem.

I've not had any problems using New Gens for V8 on any G8.1 based figures so I can only really guess at what the problem is.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
BrotherHades  
#191 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2022 11:42:04 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

seismeec By all that what I meant to say is looks kind of like the shader script mistakenly put a transmap into the diffuse channel on some surfaces of NG but put the regular texture maps on the labia surfaces, at least transmap being added to the diffuse channel of the torso surface is the only thing I can think of that would turn it black like that, other than it simply stripping all maps from those surfaces and applying black under Base Color in Iray Uber or PBRSkin. Which again it shouldn't be doing either one, but it is certainly doing something odd when it is being loaded on your system.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
seismeec  
#192 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 3:03:36 AM(UTC)
seismeec

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Hi, 

NGV8 has been upgraded to support PBR shaders. Please download and install the latest version of NGV8 to see if the issue is resolved.

If the problem persists, please tell me your character's product page and I'll test it to find out the real cause of the problem. 

Thanks very much for your reply, 3feetwolf. Actually I did use the latest version of NGV8, nevertheless I re-downloaded it and tried it again - no luck.

The problem occurs basically on every 8.1 model (e.g. V8.1) and it did not occur before DAZ Studio 4.20.0.17 (I know - this could only be a coincidence, not the root cause).

If it doesn't occur at your side, I guess it must be related to my setup (W10 latest, NVidia 511.09, perhaps the drivers?).

I can clearly say it did not occur before as I saved several figures w/ NGV8 to be ready for re-use and I created various scenes loading these pre-built figures w/o any problem.

If I now load such a figure, the problem occurs as well.

seismeec  
#193 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 3:07:13 AM(UTC)
seismeec

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

I've not had any problems using New Gens for V8 on any G8.1 based figures so I can only really guess at what the problem is.

Thanks for all your explanations, BrotherHades. So I understand you have no problems w/ PBR skin on the latest DAZ Studio version (4.20.0.17), correct? I guess, it must be a problem at my side then :-o

seismeec  
#194 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 3:23:36 AM(UTC)
seismeec

Problem solved: Basically the problem does not occur when doing a final render, but only in viewports with draw style of "NVidia Iray" (doh)!

Actually in viewports the problem also does not occur at my side when changing the value "Draw Settings"->"Drawing"->"Draw Mode" to anything except "Interactive (Biased)".

<sigh>. To me, this is quite an acceptable workaround ;)

Thanks again, BrotherHades and 3feetwolf for your support, I'm glad, I still can continue using NGV8 with PBR skins.

thanks 1 user thanked seismeec for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 6/30/2022(UTC)
BrotherHades  
#195 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 5:31:59 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Actually in viewports the problem also does not occur at my side when changing the value "Draw Settings"->"Drawing"->"Draw Mode" to anything except "Interactive (Biased)".

I keep Draw Mode/Render Mode set to photoreal, so that would explain why I wasn't seeing something like that. So basically the issue is somehow tied to Interactive (Biased) mode reading something differently using the same shader information. Weird.

Anyways good that you figured it out.

3feetwolf  
#196 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 8:00:18 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

I keep Draw Mode/Render Mode set to photoreal, so that would explain why I wasn't seeing something like that. So basically the issue is somehow tied to Interactive (Biased) mode reading something differently using the same shader information. Weird.

Anyways good that you figured it out.

I keep Draw Mode set to photoreal too. And I successfully reproduced the problem when I set it to Interactive (Biased). After testing, the problem seems to be related to geoshell. It seems there is a problem with the handling of geoshell when Draw Mode is Interactive (Biased)? I'm not so sure. 

rackmounted  
#197 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2022 11:54:42 AM(UTC)
rackmounted

Im not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if the anus coloring just doesnt work well. I followed the steps in the guide but the anus always comes out a very pale pink that just reminds me of a corpse. Ive tried the default, pink and brown. I think the color is changing in the texture-shaded view, but when I render it is still the same color. Ive seen pics in this thread with different colors, so I know it can be done. Ive removed and re-added the entire NGV8 parts at least 4 times now trying to find out what I am doing wrong.

Any tips for me getting a more pink/red/brown anus that doesnt look like corpse flesh?

(Edited to clarify, the "pale pink" I am getting looks more like a bluish grey, but you can tell there is a pinkish tone to it)

Also I forgot to note that I used the expansion and its instructions.

Edited by user Sunday, August 14, 2022 12:10:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3feetwolf  
#198 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2022 9:24:20 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: rackmounted Go to Quoted Post

Im not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if the anus coloring just doesnt work well. I followed the steps in the guide but the anus always comes out a very pale pink that just reminds me of a corpse. Ive tried the default, pink and brown. I think the color is changing in the texture-shaded view, but when I render it is still the same color. Ive seen pics in this thread with different colors, so I know it can be done. Ive removed and re-added the entire NGV8 parts at least 4 times now trying to find out what I am doing wrong.

Any tips for me getting a more pink/red/brown anus that doesnt look like corpse flesh?

(Edited to clarify, the "pale pink" I am getting looks more like a bluish grey, but you can tell there is a pinkish tone to it)

Also I forgot to note that I used the expansion and its instructions.

Hi, 
I remember that a customer had the similar problem.
The problem was related to his character's material settings, and I solved it by modifing the texture templates. 
I'm guessing you might encountered the same issue too. 
Please send the product information of the character you are using and screenshots of this issue to my email ([email protected]). 
I will see what I can do. 

MissC  
#199 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2022 9:07:44 AM(UTC)
MissC

I've searched these forums to see if this has been asked before already but did not find anything

On the NGV8 I don't seem to see a Geoshell fix script, the issue I'm having is that when I apply the NGV8 and then apply a full body geoshell (like this wet skin geoshell; https://www.daz3d.com/iray-wetfx-2 )

This happens;

Other gens such as golden palace include a geoshell fix script; https://www.renderotica.com/store/sku/57311_Golden-Palace-For-Genesis-8-Female

Does NGV8 have something similar that I am just being blind and missing, if not are there plans to add a geoshell fix script to the NGV8 similar to what other gens have?

montyblue88  
#200 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2022 10:43:58 AM(UTC)
montyblue88

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

@ MissC

You can use shell script fixes from those other products on NGV8, all of them should work. Personally I use Shell Fix v2 from Futalicious.

thanks 1 user thanked montyblue88 for this useful post.
MissC on 10/26/2022(UTC)