14 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3feetwolf  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 9:00:37 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 254 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Hi everybody, please post your questions here or email me if you need support :)
[email protected]
marble51  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 10:45:56 PM(UTC)
marble51

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I'm wondering whether I'm doing something wrong because I can't get the "wet" option for the lab-min to make any difference (or only a very slight difference). I've tried different lighting and lighting angles but it still looks dry to me. The only success I've had is to remove the mask applied to the surface in the surfaces tab. To do this I had to select the Effect Layer object in the scene and then find the "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia" in the Surfaces tab, under New Genitalia for Victoria 8. There is a mask image for Glossy Reflectivity which I remove to get the actual wet look.

Edited by user Monday, September 25, 2017 10:48:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

marble51  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 11:07:36 PM(UTC)
marble51

Ah - now I'm confused. If I set the colour/effects back to defaults by using the Update Material option, and then re-apply the wet option, it seems to work. Sorry - don't know what happened there.
3feetwolf  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:20:20 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi marble,
The labia minora of NGV8 is wet by default. If you render immediately after you apply NGV8 to your character, then you should be able to see that the labia minora is wet.
After using "Labia Minora Wet Off" to turn off the wet effect of the labia minora, you will get a dry labia minor when you render again.

In addition, when I designed the wet effect of the labia minora, my principle is that the water flows downwards. So the high light you see in the rendering results lies between the folds of the labia minora.

If you feel that this moist effect is not strong enough. You can select "New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Color Layer" in the Scene pane and go to the Surfaces pane, select "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia". Left-click on the texture icon of "Glossy Reflectivity" and then select "Image Editor ...". Set "Invert" to On. Rendering again, you will see a different moist effect, the position of high light on the labia minora will change.
3feetwolf attached the following image(s):
wet1.jpg
wet2.jpg
thanks 5 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Guttersnipe on 9/27/2017(UTC), simontemplar on 9/27/2017(UTC), Masterstroke on 9/27/2017(UTC), billyben on 9/27/2017(UTC), marble51 on 9/29/2017(UTC)
simontemplar  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:47:39 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Since we are talking about wetness, Mr Wolf, here's another one: how about a wet setting for the anus? It's bound to get slicky
after a while, if Genesis has such inclinations as to use this orifice :3
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
3feetwolf  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:27:34 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
Since we are talking about wetness, Mr Wolf, here's another one: how about a wet setting for the anus? It's bound to get slicky
after a while, if Genesis has such inclinations as to use this orifice :3

Sure, I will add this feature to the next update :)

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
billyben on 9/27/2017(UTC)
marble51  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:39:53 AM(UTC)
marble51

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Hi marble,
The labia minora of NGV8 is wet by default. If you render immediately after you apply NGV8 to your character, then you should be able to see that the labia minora is wet.
After using "Labia Minora Wet Off" to turn off the wet effect of the labia minora, you will get a dry labia minor when you render again.

In addition, when I designed the wet effect of the labia minora, my principle is that the water flows downwards. So the high light you see in the rendering results lies between the folds of the labia minora.

If you feel that this moist effect is not strong enough. You can select "New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Color Layer" in the Scene pane and go to the Surfaces pane, select "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia". Left-click on the texture icon of "Glossy Reflectivity" and then select "Image Editor ...". Set "Invert" to On. Rendering again, you will see a different moist effect, the position of high light on the labia minora will change.

Thank you - that looks like a good tip. I'll give the "Invert" option a try.
Seven-ol  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 2:07:54 AM(UTC)
Seven-ol

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
About wetness, it seems still complicated to apply Victoria wet body iray on G3 with NGV8 plus the headlights.
Is it simpler with the new geoshells on NGV8 ?

Thank you for your implication on this unique product !
simontemplar  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:50:44 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

I've been wonderin, is the geometry on NGV8 "simpler" (as in less polys) than on NGV7? Outstretching beyond the normal range seems not to work
as well :)
deathD58  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 11:25:12 PM(UTC)
deathD58

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

In my first tests of this, I am pretty impressed. It seems to work out of the box with NGS2 shader setup well.Haven't really tried anything naughty with it just yet, just tried on the few G8/V8 girls I have so far, looking for skin match and seams and stuff. So far so good man, thanks for making this.

thanks 1 user thanked deathD58 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 10/2/2017(UTC)
Akirael  
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 7:49:12 AM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 25 post(s)

I have a little bit of trouble here. Everytime I try to apply the wet on for labia major the are around the genitals and the pubis becomes very dark. I didn't run into this, with the effect for the labia minor or the colorations..

3feetwolf  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 8:21:10 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Akirael Go to Quoted Post

I have a little bit of trouble here. Everytime I try to apply the wet on for labia major the are around the genitals and the pubis becomes very dark. I didn't run into this, with the effect for the labia minor or the colorations..

Hi :)

Could you post some screenshots to show this problem in more detail? Or if you have difficult in uploading the images, you can send them to me via email.

3feetwolf  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 8:38:27 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I've been wonderin, is the geometry on NGV8 "simpler" (as in less polys) than on NGV7? Outstretching beyond the normal range seems not to work
as well :)

Yes, the geometry on NGV8 is much simpler than on NGV7 :)

But I don't quite understand the meaning of "Outstretching beyond the normal range seems not to work as well".

Could you please describe this problem in more detail?

3feetwolf  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 8:46:56 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: yvesab Go to Quoted Post
About wetness, it seems still complicated to apply Victoria wet body iray on G3 with NGV8 plus the headlights.
Is it simpler with the new geoshells on NGV8 ?

Thank you for your implication on this unique product !

I am also trying to resolve this issue, but haven't made good progress.

Frankly, I think that wet body + NGV7 can give you better results.

simontemplar  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 3:54:11 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Yes, the geometry on NGV8 is much simpler than on NGV7 :)

But I don't quite understand the meaning of "Outstretching beyond the normal range seems not to work as well".

Could you please describe this problem in more detail?

Well, let's take the anus as an example, since it's a simpler opening. If we crank up or even disable the limits on the

"Anus Open" dial, the result is very different between NGV7 and NGV8. On NGV7, the hole stretches in diameter.

On NGV8, the hole itself won't really change that much , it'll be the area around it that stretches. In NGV7, the stretching

remains circular. In NGV8, the stretching mostly happens laterally.

Example below:

UserPostedImage

3feetwolf  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:46:41 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Well, let's take the anus as an example, since it's a simpler opening. If we crank up or even disable the limits on the

"Anus Open" dial, the result is very different between NGV7 and NGV8. On NGV7, the hole stretches in diameter.

On NGV8, the hole itself won't really change that much , it'll be the area around it that stretches. In NGV7, the stretching

remains circular. In NGV8, the stretching mostly happens laterally.

Hi, ,sorry for the late reply, because my family is ill I need to take care of her. 
Thank you for your explanation and picture, this difference is caused by the number of polygons. 
Since the number of polygons of NGV8 is small, some morphs, such as "Anus Open", can not be achieved by simply adjusting the model of NGV8. 
In fact, when you dial "Anus Open", it will activate the corresponding body morph, so the buttocks of character will be "open" at the same time. 
However, due to limitations of the spine, this "open" is uneven, which resulted in the phenomenon you see. 

Optika  
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 9:38:32 AM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)

Cannot get the wet effect to work at all although having all the updates installed. Anybody may help how the settings of the effect layer need to be for it to work. Or does one have to have specific lights to make it work. I'm currenty using Colm Jacksons lighting (Render Studio). Texture of the figure should be fine. I get glossy lipstick effect without a problem so the light should actually not be the problem here.

Akirael  
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 6:26:24 PM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Hi :)

Could you post some screenshots to show this problem in more detail? Or if you have difficult in uploading the images, you can send them to me via email.

I could recreate the Problem. But now, the color of the genitals is red instead of dark brown.

The first picture is the default setting. The second with wet preset. This Time, nothing was added to the Geoshell. The Pubic hair is part of the skin MAT of the character.

Edited by user Saturday, October 7, 2017 6:29:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Akirael attached the following image(s):
default.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg
3feetwolf  
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 10:52:14 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Optika Go to Quoted Post

Cannot get the wet effect to work at all although having all the updates installed. Anybody may help how the settings of the effect layer need to be for it to work. Or does one have to have specific lights to make it work. I'm currenty using Colm Jacksons lighting (Render Studio). Texture of the figure should be fine. I get glossy lipstick effect without a problem so the light should actually not be the problem here.

Yes, I also think that the light should not be the problem. Did you see any error or warning message when you run the scripts such as "Labia Majora Wet On"?

3feetwolf  
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 11:18:58 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I could recreate the Problem. But now, the color of the genitals is red instead of dark brown.

The first picture is the default setting. The second with wet preset. This Time, nothing was added to the Geoshell. The Pubic hair is part of the skin MAT of the character.

Thank you very much for the pictures.

This issue is very strange, and I could not reproduce the problem on my computer temporarily.

Please tell me the product links of the character and the light you are using, I will do further testing.

p.s. Does this character has displacement maps?