14 Pages«<910111213>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BrotherHades  
#201 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2022 12:59:11 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 300 time(s) in 239 post(s)

Originally Posted by: montyblue88 Go to Quoted Post

@ MissC

You can use shell script fixes from those other products on NGV8, all of them should work. Personally I use Shell Fix v2 from Futalicious.

Alternately you can apply the nearest material match from the wet body shell to the added surfaces in the shell, How Daz has shells working and what you are running into, is when a graft is added to a figure, the graft surfaces are added to the shell, in this case the shell has no material information for the New Gens surfaces, so it defaults to a plain white setting. There are two fixes copy and past from the nearest area to the new surfaces (Usually will be torso or body surfaces) from the wet shell surfaces, to the added new gens surfaces on the shell, the other option is simply going in to the shell, scrolling to the new gens surfaces and turning them off (If the shell fix script doesn't work, as the shell fix is set to turn of the extra surfaces)

Edited by user Tuesday, October 25, 2022 1:10:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Further thoughts added

thanks 3 users thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
Akirael on 10/26/2022(UTC), MissC on 10/26/2022(UTC), seismeec on 10/28/2022(UTC)
MissC  
#202 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2022 4:21:17 PM(UTC)
MissC

@ MissC

You can use shell script fixes from those other products on NGV8, all of them should work. Personally I use Shell Fix v2 from Futalicious.

OMG well then I guess I have some renders to redo now that I can do it with the shell properly and with NGV8 attached haha!

You are a lifesaver!!!

Thanks!!!!

MissC  
#203 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2022 4:53:31 PM(UTC)
MissC

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

@ MissC

Alternately you can apply the nearest material match from the wet body shell to the added surfaces in the shell, How Daz has shells working and what you are running into, is when a graft is added to a figure, the graft surfaces are added to the shell, in this case the shell has no material information for the New Gens surfaces, so it defaults to a plain white setting. There are two fixes copy and past from the nearest area to the new surfaces (Usually will be torso or body surfaces) from the wet shell surfaces, to the added new gens surfaces on the shell, the other option is simply going in to the shell, scrolling to the new gens surfaces and turning them off (If the shell fix script doesn't work, as the shell fix is set to turn of the extra surfaces)

So I've messed around with it more, and indeed I see all it is doing is just fixing the skin colour so it isn't white in the geoshell but the geoshell effect is still not being applied to NGV8 when I use the shell fix included in futalicious or golden palace

But I also have this asset in use on a character; www.renderotica.com/store/sku/63017_Lifelike-Nipple-Graft-For-Genesis-8-Females
And it includes something very different it includes a geoshell fix for the nipple graft rather than for the geoshell that is being applied

Meaning it actually adds the geoshell wet effect onto the nipple graft rather than just exclude the nipple area from the geoshell and fix the skin colour.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 25, 2022 4:57:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrotherHades  
#204 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2022 7:39:57 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Originally Posted by: MissC Go to Quoted Post

@ MissC

So I've messed around with it more, and indeed I see all it is doing is just fixing the skin colour so it isn't white in the geoshell but the geoshell effect is still not being applied to NGV8 when I use the shell fix included in futalicious or golden palace

But I also have this asset in use on a character; www.renderotica.com/store/sku/63017_Lifelike-Nipple-Graft-For-Genesis-8-Females
And it includes something very different it includes a geoshell fix for the nipple graft rather than for the geoshell that is being applied

Meaning it actually adds the geoshell wet effect onto the nipple graft rather than just exclude the nipple area from the geoshell and fix the skin colour.

To get the wet effect like I said you'll have to copy and paste the materials from the shell's torso or body surface to the added New gens surfaces on the shell. All the Shell fix scripts will do is turn off tha added surfaces making them invisible Which if the graft materials are being added to various shells is usually what you want., however in this case since you want the wet effect you'll need to copy the materials to the added surfaces. 

I don't have the graft you mentioned so I'm not sure how it works. 

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
MissC on 10/26/2022(UTC)
MissC  
#205 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2022 6:26:18 PM(UTC)
MissC

-----

To get the wet effect like I said you'll have to copy and paste the materials from the shell's torso or body surface to the added New gens surfaces on the shell. All the Shell fix scripts will do is turn off tha added surfaces making them invisible Which if the graft materials are being added to various shells is usually what you want., however in this case since you want the wet effect you'll need to copy the materials to the added surfaces. 

I don't have the graft you mentioned so I'm not sure how it works. 

Ah my apologies, I'm a beginner on Daz3D so I thought the instructions you gave would just fix the skin colour but not apply the wet effect to the area

As I'm a beginner I'm not entirely sure how you do those steps you mentioned to copy and paste the surface to apply the wet effect.
How do I copy and paste the surfaces? Where do I do this? What surface do I need to copy from and where do I paste it to?

As for how the script works on the graft I mentioned now with what you've explained above I think I understand how the script works on that graft bundle;

1- First I have to select the G8F figure that has the nipple graft on it (as opposed to the gen fix scripts which have you select the wet effect geoshell)
2- When you then run the script it asks you for every geoshell on the G8F you've selected that isn't the nipple graft geoshell if it affects the nipple area or not

3- If you say no then it simply excludes the area from the geoshell
4- If you say yes then it copies the texture in the way you have said

Nifty little script, I think even for advanced users it is a handy time saver and for beginners like me it is a must as we don't know Daz3D so well yet just shame the script only works for the nipple area. A universal script like this would be super handy would definitely be willing to pay for it even as a standalone asset!

BrotherHades  
#206 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2022 8:58:11 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Okay to copy and paste 

• Select the Wet Shell in the scene Tab
  • Go to surfaces tab
  • Look for Torso Surface
  • Select it
  • Right Click 
  • Click on Copy Selected Surface(s)
  • Locate new_gens_V8_1840_Anus and new_gens_V8_Genitalia surfaces
  • Select them
  • Right Click
  • Click on Paste to Selected Surface(s)

If everything worked right the wet shell material should be covering the area where the New Gens is located. If that doesn't work you can additionally try changing the UV set on the New Gens surfaces, 

Changing UV set

• Select the Wet Shell
  • Got to Surfaces Tab
  • Look for  new_gens_V8_1840_Anus and new_gens_V8_Genitalia surfaces
  • Select them
  • In the surfaces material box scroll down all the way
  • Locate UV Set
  • Click on it, in the pop up list look for Base Female
  • Click on Base Female

This should make it where the shell covering the gens should be textured correctly.

Hope this helps.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
seismeec on 10/28/2022(UTC)
montyblue88  
#207 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2022 9:04:10 AM(UTC)
montyblue88

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

@ BrotherHades

What about when a surface doesn't have any associated Genesis UV set? This isn't an issue for NGV8 since it has those UV's, but for HD Nipples 2.0 (also from 3feetwolf) all the surfaces only have default and hd UV's, no base female UV's.

Is there a way to force those UV's on a surface? It would be nice to be able to use some of the geoshell products I have alongside higher fidelity geometry.

BrotherHades  
#208 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2022 6:52:15 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

@ BrotherHades

What about when a surface doesn&#39;t have any associated Genesis UV set? This isn&#39;t an issue for NGV8 since it has those UV&#39;s, but for HD Nipples 2.0 (also from 3feetwolf) all the surfaces only have default and hd UV&#39;s, no base female UV&#39;s.

Is there a way to force those UV&#39;s on a surface? It would be nice to be able to use some of the geoshell products I have alongside higher fidelity geometry.

The default UVs would be for the surfaces added to the shells from the grafts. However Genesis 8.1 adds an issue where a lot of the geoshells surfaces and materials presets don't contain the surfaces that were added ie torso was split to body, and head surfaces. So again the shell will show as white, but the fix for using G8 shell materials with G8.1 is a little more drawn out. You'll need to load a Genesis 8 figure, add a geoshell, apply materials presets, and the copy torso surface from the G8 shell to the body and head surfaces on the G8.1 shell. You may again need to change the UVs to get the surface from the shell to show up.
montyblue88  
#209 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2022 11:38:57 AM(UTC)
montyblue88

@ BrotherHades

Turns out I was copying the wrong surface, that's why I had issues. Once I copied the right surfaces everything worked correctly. That said, the UV's on HD Nipples 2.0 surface (that is, the surface that got inherited by the geoshell dirt product), only has the 2 UV's shown below. Well, at least everything works.

guywiththeeyes  
#210 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2022 2:15:29 AM(UTC)
guywiththeeyes

I am having this exact issue. Has there ever been a fix? The NGV8 Gens install fine, look great initially, but by the time I'm done with the scene, this is happening: 

Originally Posted by: DeshlabTD Go to Quoted Post

Has this NGV8 mat issue occurred and what is the fix please. I noticed a couple of the torso trans were @ 2048 and resized them to 4096, but still didn't help. So I did the reinstall several times (several combinations, followed the correct update order, etc) with the same outcome. I have uninstalled every 3fleetwolf product to be certain that this is an isolated thing, as I have the V7 version also (which worked fine). I have installed each update (wish the old were just removed/replaced), but I still can't get the textures to load properly. Has done my head in since purchasing it. Just can't use it til this is resolved. I am seeing it working fine in this forum, so it has to be a simple fix. Any clue would be helpful.

Not sure how to upload a screenshot (this won't paste).... what's the chances of that happening? it worked! :)

montyblue88  
#211 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2022 8:47:05 AM(UTC)
montyblue88

@ guywiththeeyes

Are you applying NGV8 normally or throught the expansion pack? Also, if you select the geometry editing tool, it'll make NGV8 look very weird, but not quite like in the screenshot. That's not what's happening to you, is it?

3feetwolf  
#212 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2022 9:05:40 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 258 time(s) in 144 post(s)

Originally Posted by: guywiththeeyes Go to Quoted Post

I am having this exact issue. Has there ever been a fix? The NGV8 Gens install fine, look great initially, but by the time I'm done with the scene, this is happening: 

For some reason I can't open the attached image. Could you post it again and please include your steps and product information for your character.

AnthorBrightstone  
#213 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 2:05:26 PM(UTC)
AnthorBrightstone

Hi Mr. Wolf

I have a problem with the morphs for NGV8. Simply put, they are missing.

I tried both Victoria 8 and Genesis 8 models. I followed the instructions, and the genitals do show up fine on the models. However, when I select the NGV8 object in the scene tab, there is no Actor section in the Parameters tab as described in your tutorial text file. I expanded all options in the list.

I also re-downloaded the package for a reinstall, same behavior.

Attached screenshot.

AnthorBrightstone attached the following image(s):
nomorphs.png
MidnightWatcher  
#214 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2022 1:34:33 AM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Originally Posted by: guywiththeeyes Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: DeshlabTD Go to Quoted Post

Has this NGV8 mat issue occurred and what is the fix please. I noticed a couple of the torso trans were @ 2048 and resized them to 4096, but still didn't help. So I did the reinstall several times (several combinations, followed the correct update order, etc) with the same outcome. I have uninstalled every 3fleetwolf product to be certain that this is an isolated thing, as I have the V7 version also (which worked fine). I have installed each update (wish the old were just removed/replaced), but I still can't get the textures to load properly. Has done my head in since purchasing it. Just can't use it til this is resolved. I am seeing it working fine in this forum, so it has to be a simple fix. Any clue would be helpful.

Not sure how to upload a screenshot (this won't paste).... what's the chances of that happening? it worked! :)

Possible solutions.

1. Check your UV's are default for graph.

2. Check your material tiling is 1x1

Check not only the graph materials for these, but your character Genitalia shader option as well.

If you have a geoshell(s), displacement, or normal. turn those all off 1 by one and see if it fixes it.

If all that fails, and maybe you have some weird morph or corrupted/custom uv. Load a base stock figure and apply pussy graph. Does it still happen? 

Edited by user Thursday, November 17, 2022 1:38:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked MidnightWatcher for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 11/18/2022(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#215 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2022 9:33:21 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: AnthorBrightstone Go to Quoted Post

Hi Mr. Wolf

I have a problem with the morphs for NGV8. Simply put, they are missing.

I tried both Victoria 8 and Genesis 8 models. I followed the instructions, and the genitals do show up fine on the models. However, when I select the NGV8 object in the scene tab, there is no Actor section in the Parameters tab as described in your tutorial text file. I expanded all options in the list.

I also re-downloaded the package for a reinstall, same behavior.

Attached screenshot.

Hi, 

Looks like daz studio could not load the ngv8's morphs correctly. Can you send me some detailed screenshots showing how you installed it? Please send these screenshots to my email ([email protected]). I got covid last week and had to suspend all the works. I'll write back to you as soon as I feel more better. 

Auron3d  
#216 Posted : Saturday, April 8, 2023 11:21:48 PM(UTC)
Auron3d

Hi guys, I am having this issue with Victoria 8.1 and other characters 8.1, how can I fix it? The textures are not matching. Thank you.

3feetwolf  
#217 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2023 8:19:35 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Auron3d Go to Quoted Post

Hi guys, I am having this issue with Victoria 8.1 and other characters 8.1, how can I fix it? The textures are not matching. Thank you.

Hi, I did some tests and I can successfully apply ng8 to Victoria 8.1 on my computer.

I also don't see any problem from your photos for the time being.

So I would need more information about this issue, could you share your steps in more detail?

TZO3K1  
#218 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2023 6:24:00 PM(UTC)
TZO3K1

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

We NEED G8.1 UVS in order to USE G8.1 textures!

Why was this neglected in the first place?  As you cannot use G/V 8.1 textures and 3FW's genitalia without it.

If there's a workaround, yeah that's fine, but we shouldn't have to use one, I'm surprised this isn't more of an issue as G8.1 textures are completely nonfunctional without it.

3feetwolf  
#219 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2023 9:56:37 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: TZO3K1 Go to Quoted Post

We NEED G8.1 UVS in order to USE G8.1 textures!

Why was this neglected in the first place?  As you cannot use G/V 8.1 textures and 3FW's genitalia without it.

If there's a workaround, yeah that's fine, but we shouldn't have to use one, I'm surprised this isn't more of an issue as G8.1 textures are completely nonfunctional without it.

Hi, both NG8 and NG8 Expansion Pack support G8.1 female characters.  

Maybe when you apply NG to a character, some textures are not handled correctly? 

Please tell which character you are using and I will try to resolve these issues for you. 

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
TZO3K1 on 5/16/2023(UTC)
TZO3K1  
#220 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2023 10:55:23 PM(UTC)
TZO3K1

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

HA, well I'll be damned!

Being wrong never felt so right!

Thanks for the quick answer, and I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

Yeah, like an idiot, I was still using the file you uploaded as a quick pre-release of the official one in the forums, instead of deleting my installation for a new one,

and it works!

What originally threw me off was the UV drop-down list, as I did not see any Genesis 8.1 clone, so I just installed, and readied the PBR iray on the genitals,

and set it to base female instead of default UVs and viola, it now works!

Again thanks for your valuable Sunday time, and again, sorry to have wasted it!

NOW I can't wait to snag your G9 version, well, as soon as UNBM comes out, as 9 looks like shit without it!

Edited by user Sunday, May 14, 2023 11:00:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified