14 Pages«<11121314>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RumplePops  
#241 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 2:11:52 PM(UTC)
RumplePops

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Thanks so much for responding! Really awesome that you're still active. Overall an incredible product! In order to deliver a file you can actually open on your end, I've recreated my scene using generic GF8 models & materials. The backlight burn effect is not as pronounced on the generic models as it was on the custom ones, but it is still there, visible both in renders and the iray viewport. Below is a Dropbox link with the scene file, the HDRI file, and renders from both this generic scene and my original scene. Let me know if you have any issues with the files. Thanks so much for taking a look!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/leimvn9pkwvjx1egao0bf/h?rlkey=vp9wbj53s6e6s9l8pocviecll&dl=0

RumplePops attached the following image(s):
Cyclers-Pubic-Glitch01-Original-Scene-Custom-Models.png
thanks 1 user thanked RumplePops for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 10/24/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#242 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2023 8:36:17 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: RumplePops Go to Quoted Post

Thanks so much for responding! Really awesome that you're still active. Overall an incredible product! In order to deliver a file you can actually open on your end, I've recreated my scene using generic GF8 models & materials. The backlight burn effect is not as pronounced on the generic models as it was on the custom ones, but it is still there, visible both in renders and the iray viewport. Below is a Dropbox link with the scene file, the HDRI file, and renders from both this generic scene and my original scene. Let me know if you have any issues with the files. Thanks so much for taking a look!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/leimvn9pkwvjx1egao0bf/h?rlkey=vp9wbj53s6e6s9l8pocviecll&dl=0

Hi, Thank you for the files. Unfortunately, I haven't found the cause of the problem yet. But I found a way to significantly reduce those red spots.

P hair has 4 morphs: 
060-Move inside-Mons pubic bone
061-Move inside-labia majora
062-Move to the inner thigh
063-Move inside-anus
Depending on where the red dot appears, we can set the value of these four morphs, or some of them, above 20%. This way the number of red dots in the rendering result will be very small. If the camera is far away from the character, such as Camera 1 in your scene, the red dot will not be visible at all in the rendered result. 
The disadvantage of this method is that it will cause the pubic hair to look sparse, which I don’t know if you can accept. 

haruchai  
#243 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2023 12:04:05 PM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

Hi, hope you don't mind me weighing in on this. I downloaded the test scene as I was curious. It happens that I had the BETA version of DAZ Studio open at the time. I rendered the scene and was surprised to find I had no red spots. I closed the BETA and opened up the Public build. I rendered the same scene and there were the red dots. So it appears to be something in the way the render engine is behaving in the current Public build and has been 'fixed' in the BETA.

Full Scene (cropped for upload) and then Camera 3 to show that the results are able to be reproduced.

Public build -Top

BETA build (4.21.1.80) - Below

Edited by user Tuesday, October 24, 2023 12:30:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Attach images

haruchai attached the following image(s):
DS421.png
DS421BETA.png
DS421Camera3.png
DS421BETACamera3.png
thanks 1 user thanked haruchai for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 10/25/2023(UTC)
RumplePops  
#244 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2023 1:06:18 PM(UTC)
RumplePops

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Really appreciate the responses here!

Playing around with those Move to Inside morphs definitely helps on a case-by-case basis. A good work-around for some camera angles.

Crazy about the Beta vs Public results. That may imply an issue deeper within Daz or iray than anything specific to NVG8.

I have noticed the problem is more pronounced with models that are skinnier around the hips than the default GF8 figure, especially petite supermodel-type bodies, if that helps at all. My original bicycle scene featured the Eulalia and Ludovica models from iSourceTextures.

https://www.daz3d.com/isourcetextures#filtered=1     

thanks 1 user thanked RumplePops for this useful post.
haruchai  
#245 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2023 1:45:01 PM(UTC)
haruchai

Crazy about the Beta vs Public results. That may imply an issue deeper within Daz or iray than anything specific to NVG8

If you really want to see what is crazy, download both closeup images. If you have the ability to open them in an image viewer software where you can 'flick' between them you will see that the Genesis 8 figure in the BETA image has a thinner hip. How that is happening with the same camera in the same scene rendered in two variations of the same program is waaaaaayyyyy beyond my knowledge.

3feetwolf  
#246 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 8:54:50 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: haruchai Go to Quoted Post

Hi, hope you don't mind me weighing in on this. I downloaded the test scene as I was curious. It happens that I had the BETA version of DAZ Studio open at the time. I rendered the scene and was surprised to find I had no red spots. I closed the BETA and opened up the Public build. I rendered the same scene and there were the red dots. So it appears to be something in the way the render engine is behaving in the current Public build and has been 'fixed' in the BETA.

Full Scene (cropped for upload) and then Camera 3 to show that the results are able to be reproduced.

Public build -Top

BETA build (4.21.1.80) - Below

Thanks to haruchai's discovery, so internal factors in different daz versions were the real cause of the problem! 

BrotherHades  
#247 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2023 7:51:34 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

I have noticed the problem is more pronounced with models that are skinnier around the hips than the default GF8 figure, especially petite supermodel-type bodies, if that helps at all. My original bicycle scene featured the Eulalia and Ludovica models from iSourceTextures.

Hmm I wonder if this could also be part of it. Don't get me wrong iSource is an amazing vendor when it comes to textures, but I've seen them use features of Shaders (even going as far as using custom Shaders or UVs) that break functionality of certain scripts and features of grafts and shells. I mean like I said terrific vendor, Just with some of the ways they set up textures and shaders doesn't always work well with others' products. 

I mean with Haruchi's testing it isn't 100% the problem, as there is obviously something changed internally in the current Public Release of DS compared to the current BETA release, but just kind of a warning that sometimes iSource does some odd things with the overall surface settings that can cause issues with other products working right with their textures (It usually boils down to copy material scripts not working or not working right though) 

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 10/27/2023(UTC)
haruchai  
#248 Posted : Wednesday, November 1, 2023 10:11:45 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Edit - so internal factors in different daz versions were the real cause of the problem! 

Quick update on this, DAZ has launched Studio 4.22. This problem no longer appears in the latest version.

3feetwolf on 11/3/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#249 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2023 6:48:31 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: haruchai Go to Quoted Post

Edit - so internal factors in different daz versions were the real cause of the problem! 

Quick update on this, DAZ has launched Studio 4.22. This problem no longer appears in the latest version.

That's great news, thank you for the update :-)

MC-Productions  
#250 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2023 7:04:55 AM(UTC)
MC-Productions

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello!

I got a little problem and I´m not sure if it´s me or NGV 8.
I´m trying to fit NGV 8 to a custom Genesis 8.1 figure and it works like a charm. But for some reason, I can´t use some of the scripts.
Changing the anus color for example leads to DAZ reminding me to select a Genes 8 figure.
Same thing happens for all the effect related scripts.
Did I mess up something during the update process or are some of the scripts simply not updated for Genesis 8.1?

Edited by user Monday, November 27, 2023 11:52:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3feetwolf  
#251 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2023 10:09:28 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: MC-Productions Go to Quoted Post

Hello!

I´m trying to fit NGV 8 to a custom Genesis 8.1 figure and it works like a charm. But for some reason, I can´t use some of the scripts.
Changing the anus color for example leads to DAZ reminding me to select a Genes 8 figure.
Did I mess up something during the update process or are some of the scripts simply not updated for Genesis 8.1?

Hi, these scripts require you to select a character in the scene before they can run correctly. If you select NGV8 or other nodes, they will remind you to select a character, such as G8F (including G8.1F) or G3F. 

MC-Productions  
#252 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2023 6:20:29 AM(UTC)
MC-Productions

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: MC-Productions Go to Quoted Post

Hello!

Hi, these scripts require you to select a character in the scene before they can run correctly. If you select NGV8 or other nodes, they will remind you to select a character, such as G8F (including G8.1F) or G3F. 

Thank you for replying and confirming that it should work with 8.1 figures!
Actually I´m aware of the fact that you have to select the figure itself for the scripts to run but for some reason I still get the error with 8.1 characters. So I asume I have borked something on my end. Probably a wrong installation order of the patches or something like that.
I just wanted to clarify that it should work before I reinstall all the files.

update: Looks like I really had some old files on my pc. Redownloading and reinstalling fixed any issues I had.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 28, 2023 7:40:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked MC-Productions for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 11/30/2023(UTC)
druc  
#253 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2023 8:00:20 AM(UTC)
druc

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hi, I am sorry to be a pain in the neck and coming back with a problem that I thought was solved. I think this may be caused by the creative ways vendors make their textures/materials. The ongoing issue I have seems to be with the "genital' surface the NGV8 Expansion pack creates in the character surfaces. Often, I can use the fix 3feetwolf provided a while back for G8.1F.  That didn't completely fix the issue. It's still been ongoing. Today I bought Sienna HD for G8F. Build the textures, apply NGV8 as per the Expansion and character is white (no texture for the torso surface) and added "genital" surface also white. After several goes, re-starting Dax Studio, re-booting PC. Trying other textures and copying texture images. All to no avail as I wanted Sienna's eyes, lips etc. and any time I tried to apply these, everything massed up. So I tried copying Sienna's torso texture. Applied NGV8. Copied the texture back to the torso and NGV8. I then used a successful NGV8 as a guide and copied he image files across for the NVG8 and new genital surface on the character. NGV8 looked as I wanted. Unfortunately, the legs didn't work. Please see attached images.   

druc attached the following image(s):
01.jpg
02.jpg
00.jpg
druc  
#254 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2023 8:05:36 AM(UTC)
druc

Sorry, I should have added. I don't mind manually adding image files. I would like to know what generated image files go where.
druc  
#255 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2023 8:16:29 AM(UTC)
druc

Here is an image after generating the textures and applying NVG8. Prior to adding/pasting back textures.

druc attached the following image(s):
03.jpg
Grimmblight  
#256 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2023 5:48:21 PM(UTC)
Grimmblight

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Tried NGV8 Expansion pack on Sienna with no problems.

in your images you have a texture surface selected.

when using NGV8 Expansion pack, you do not want to have any surfaces selected.

the only thing selected is the figure in the scene tab.
thanks 1 user thanked Grimmblight for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 12/15/2023(UTC)
haruchai  
#257 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2023 7:34:51 PM(UTC)
haruchai

Probably not the help you are looking for but I can only echo Grimmbright. I have just added NGV8 to Sienna HD using the Expansion Pack with no errors and everything worked as it should. I chose to add a colour to all surfaces in the pop up window to make sure it created all maps it could possibly do.

Methodology -
01 Load Sienna HD
02 With Sienna HD highlighted in the Scene tab run the 00 - Customize genitalia for current character
03 Wait for all maps to be generated
04 Run 01 - Apply NGV8 to current character

NGV8 loads onto character correctly. Settngs chosen and result below

haruchai attached the following image(s):
Screenshot 2023-12-14 003255.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-14 003356.jpg
3feetwolf on 12/15/2023(UTC)
druc  
#258 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2023 1:51:36 AM(UTC)
druc

Thank you both very much. I was not aware of the issue with having a texture selected in the surfaces tab would have that effect. My problem was I didn't like the line on the clitoral hood created by the way the torso texture was created, so I covered the line in Photoshop. Naturally, I used the surfaces tab to do this. I did have Sienna selected in the Parameters tab, but, as I have now discovered, it was still selected in the surfaces tab. I have re-loaded Sienna, converted the torso texture. Saved as a scene sub set. Re-loaded my saved character, rebooting Daz Studio, just in case it held data, and created and added the gens as per normal.

Once again, Thank you both and I have learnt something new and that is always a good thing.

3feetwolf  
#259 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2023 8:33:25 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I always need to go out during this days, away from the computer, super busy...

@Grimmblight
@haruchai
Thank you very much for your kind help :)

@druc
Has the problem been completely resolved?
druc  
#260 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2023 9:09:04 PM(UTC)
druc

Sure has, 3feetwolf. Happily rendering away with Sienna. Thank you for checking in. I hope you and your family have a happy and safe holiday period.