Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Giantsquid  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2023 10:30:27 AM(UTC)
Giantsquid

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 46 post(s)

I'm still around, just haven't had much time to do images and what not.  So I was wondering is people prefer single images or stories?  I like a good story, myself, but are single images better, or a mixture of both?

smallville14  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2023 10:30:32 AM(UTC)
smallville14

Was thanked: 2929 time(s) in 2483 post(s)

I like stories but looking at the general gallery it seems that single images are very popular. 

I think the answer to your question is a that mix of single images and stories is ideal. 

thanks 1 user thanked smallville14 for this useful post.
Giantsquid on 4/29/2023(UTC)
Firefly79  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2023 2:51:34 PM(UTC)
Firefly79

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I think, both are relevant and good. You have good stories and great single images. So I would agree with smallville14.
thanks 1 user thanked Firefly79 for this useful post.
Pushee-Ri  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2023 10:25:12 PM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 187 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Sometimes a single image tells a whole story ... and sometimes 3 or 5 pictures of a series (also with text/description) have less interesting things to offer than the hairdryer of my partner :)

It's all up to the artist - with writing skillse, good imagery, an interesting story and possibly a few cliffhangers over the weekend, stories work very well. You can see that in the comments in the gallery.

Of course, a more practical aspect - if you want to create stories - is that you are tied to some models, scenes, and environments over a long(er) period of time. I. e., even if you have 372 other scenes in mind, you'll have to keep working on the story to finish it.

But for the viewers of the gallery it doesn't matter - as smallville14 and Firefly79 already wrote - if you publish stories or single pictures. If you do it well, everything will be fine.

Good luck!
thanks 1 user thanked Pushee-Ri for this useful post.
Giantsquid  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2023 12:16:20 AM(UTC)
Giantsquid

Originally Posted by: smallville14 Go to Quoted Post

I like stories but looking at the general gallery it seems that single images are very popular. 

I think the answer to your question is a that mix of single images and stories is ideal. 

Yeah, probably. I only have a small amount of time to do my art sometimes, so singles are good or I just do stories over a greater period of time. Sometimes i'm in the middle of a story and I just get the urge to see another one of my models in action. lol. I'm not too interested in making something that looks technically real  like some are. But I do like to try and make images that I find seductive or just really hot.

Giantsquid  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2023 12:17:34 AM(UTC)
Giantsquid

Originally Posted by: Firefly79 Go to Quoted Post
I think, both are relevant and good. You have good stories and great single images. So I would agree with smallville14.

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words and am very glad you enjoy them!  I will keep plugging away at it and see what happens

Giantsquid  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2023 12:22:08 AM(UTC)
Giantsquid

Originally Posted by: Pushee-Ri Go to Quoted Post
Sometimes a single image tells a whole story ... and sometimes 3 or 5 pictures of a series (also with text/description) have less interesting things to offer than the hairdryer of my partner :)

It's all up to the artist - with writing skillse, good imagery, an interesting story and possibly a few cliffhangers over the weekend, stories work very well. You can see that in the comments in the gallery.

Of course, a more practical aspect - if you want to create stories - is that you are tied to some models, scenes, and environments over a long(er) period of time. I. e., even if you have 372 other scenes in mind, you'll have to keep working on the story to finish it.

But for the viewers of the gallery it doesn't matter - as smallville14 and Firefly79 already wrote - if you publish stories or single pictures. If you do it well, everything will be fine.

Good luck!

Yep!  I like to come up with a part of the story and then make a pic that describes it so I don't really need to edit them and add words to them.  And I like to keep the images as simple as I can so the sex is the star of the show as I just don't have the processing power to get too complex.  My images can take up to an hour sometimes for one, depending on what I have in them and the types of surfaces, bump maps and reflections and lighting involved.

thanks 1 user thanked Giantsquid for this useful post.
Pushee-Ri on 5/1/2023(UTC)