Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bumper2  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2023 1:49:26 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 139 post(s)

Hey everyone!

Last year about this time I proposed a 'First Render Day', to inspire new artists and show that everyone started somewhere. It was a rousing success! Many of us Old Guard contributed. We can't really do that again so now I propose International Re-do a Render Day!

Did you ever upload some art that felt great at the time, but now you look at it and cringe? Anything you felt was lacking in terms of your skill, experience, and assets? Something you felt had a bunch of good ideas but didn't pan out? Let's re-do them! Let's show how much we've grown by remaking old pictures in our current style and abilities.It can be as simple as loading up the old file and changing some things, or as indepth as making it from scratch in whatever way you want. On, say, March 20th we can post them all up. Just label it as '(Name) Re-do a render 2023' and give a link in the description to the original!

You don't have to comment on this saying which picture you're doing.

I'll be redoing my Don't fuck with a witch picture at least. I'm also going to offer to remake up to four other pictures as well, just let me know which ones you'd like to see redone! Also, it would be in poor taste to ask an artist to redo pictures unless they specifically offer. Mind their time and energy unless they ask.

Here's to this!

thanks 2 users thanked Bumper2 for this useful post.
GCXX on 3/11/2023(UTC), ZenMaster3D on 4/4/2023(UTC)
Redsup  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2023 2:38:27 AM(UTC)
Redsup

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)

I've left up in my gallery what I believe was only my second render ever. It's terrible.

The reason I leave it there is to show exactly that, to show how far I've come with my rendering ability and to encourage newer artists that with patience and practice it's possible to get far better with their images.

I don't know about re-doing it, I'd have to consider it.

The Curator of Downworld.
thanks 1 user thanked Redsup for this useful post.
Bumper2 on 4/6/2023(UTC)
ZenMaster3D  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 4, 2023 10:44:31 AM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 97 post(s)

Sorry for a belated reaction, been a bit on and off as of late.. rough start of the year for me so far.

Anyway, yes, I definitely do ;) Though I don't really cringe in horror (though, now that I looked at it again...) but I do think that I can do better now.

https://www.renderotica....p;artistname=zenmaster3d

The stiffness in those poses? I think I spent more time on trying to get that banner folded around the girls hips than the actual poses, lol!

To my defense... this render is 6 years old, so... hmm ;)

(edit)

Know what?  I'm going to take the Bumper "redo a render" challenge! 

Tomorrow evening I'll have some "zen time" and I have the perfect render in mind to try and re-do:

https://www.renderotica.com/gallery/shorturl/352752/Food-for-lioness?page=6&artistname=zenmaster3d

^ That one could benefit from an upgrade I think. I'll be using the same props (pole, chain, tiger and "a female figure") but perhaps a different background scenery and render engine. 

Edited by user Tuesday, April 4, 2023 12:41:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: It's on ;)

thanks 1 user thanked ZenMaster3D for this useful post.
Bumper2 on 4/6/2023(UTC)
Bumper2  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2023 6:17:48 AM(UTC)
Bumper2

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing it, and glad you're back!
thanks 1 user thanked Bumper2 for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 5/19/2023(UTC)
ZenMaster3D  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2023 10:31:26 AM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 97 post(s)

Well, it took me a little while (I'm a little on/off right now so to speak) but I think it worked out nice enough...  this one was obviously inspired by this thread (and my previous render 6 years back) but having recently seen Barbarella with my gf I couldn't help thinking about some of those scenes as well.

So instead of a tiger we now have carnivorous birds:

I think it came out decent enough. That's definitely a damsel in distress if I ever saw one ;)

thanks 1 user thanked ZenMaster3D for this useful post.
Bumper2 on 5/28/2023(UTC)
davo  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2023 11:35:48 AM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 165 post(s)

Here's my redo of my very first render.  I decided to make a new Bondage Furnishing item to mimic the first prop I made for Poser.  Hope you enjoy!

Davo

davo attached the following image(s):
redo.jpg
thanks 2 users thanked davo for this useful post.
Twisted_Pencil on 4/23/2023(UTC), Bumper2 on 5/28/2023(UTC)
Bumper2  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2023 12:57:58 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

I haven't been on 'rotica much lately, life's been busy, so I didn't see either of these until now. They look superb! Thank you both so much, not only for the pictures but for your time and energy in both the community and your products!