10 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3feetwolf  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2022 11:42:04 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 258 time(s) in 144 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Akirael Go to Quoted Post

hence this is the support thread and I don't want to clutter information all over the place, so I am writing here.

The "flattening" of the Labia Majora I'm talking about:

For example, when she sits in an examination chair and the thighs are spread apart. Then the skin becomes stretched and the lips are appearing flat. The same goes for some sitting poses in general, where the outer lips become more smoothed out, so to say. I hope that makes it clearer, what I mean by "flatten".

For some body shapes, the dial needs to be a little bit more cranked up, thanks to unbuild deformations. So it would be nice to have a deliberate morph or multiple morphs for that kind of movement behaviour.

Hi, 

I think I see what you mean, and I've made some attempts in NG9 to simulate this real-world situation.
If you only open the left and right thighs to the sides (Side-Side, no Bend), you will see the entire gens become "flattened" by the automatic morph.
However, if the thighs are not only open to the sides but also bend, the situation becomes very complicated and the automatic morph does not work well.
I made an additional Actor morph called "0008 - Rotation When Thighs Open", which is to try to make the shape of the gens less obtrusive in the above situation. Please see if it fits your needs. 

3feetwolf  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 12:00:25 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Visioneer Go to Quoted Post

3FeetWolf, I absolutely love your products (I have nearly all of them).  Is there any way that you could be convinced to make an "advanced" version if these gens with more topology around the labia minora and majora?  I tend to make my own morphs for your products for more "shaping" and having more topology to work with would make it much easier to more realistic morphs and shapes for ladyparts.  I'm hoping this might be possible.  Thanks for your time.

I understand. When I was making actor morphs for NG9, I more than once wished that the model has more polygon to allow me to make finer morphs. 
However, since this change will greatly affect other aspects of NG9, the current topology is a compromise result. 
If you are making morphs just for your own use, I would suggest you to try daz studio's HD morph tool, which allows you to morph directly from subdivided model. In this way, regardless of NG8 or NG9, you can make very realistic morphs for them, which is very convenient. The disadvantage is that this tool can only be obtained by becoming a PA of daz3d...

Mino96  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 3:40:19 AM(UTC)
Mino96

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Mino96 Go to Quoted Post

it happens with every figure which i have converted with morphloader and this video:

i thank it has to do with the female G8 clone which has another size than the G9 figure

and also with the weight maps from this items perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jROlY34tNNU&t=916s

Sorry for the inconvenience, please see my explanation on #1 about the occurrence of this problem. 

I will check this video to see what I can do. 

thank you so much, i am sure it has something to do with the g8clone. it would be very nice if you can help, because a large number of users convert their figures from g8 to g9 in this way, and than the pussy is comming out because the g8f has other high and proportions and than the gens are useless, but this product is so nice and we all want to use it also on our g8 clones :-)

the pictures are our normal Geocraft in the normal g9 form and the second with a morph generated with the video by using the g8 clone. you can reproduce this a little, if you use the clone morph fpr G8 under hidden.

Thank you so much for your help.

3feetwolf  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 9:07:05 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

it happens with every figure which i have converted with morphloader and this video:

i thank it has to do with the female G8 clone which has another size than the G9 figure

and also with the weight maps from this items perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jROlY34tNNU&t=916s

Sorry for the inconvenience, please see my explanation on #1 about the occurrence of this problem. 

I will check this video to see what I can do. 

thank you so much, i am sure it has something to do with the g8clone. it would be very nice if you can help, because a large number of users convert their figures from g8 to g9 in this way, and than the pussy is comming out because the g8f has other high and proportions and than the gens are useless, but this product is so nice and we all want to use it also on our g8 clones :-)

the pictures are our normal Geocraft in the normal g9 form and the second with a morph generated with the video by using the g8 clone. you can reproduce this a little, if you use the clone morph fpr G8 under hidden.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi, 

I followed the steps in the video and managed to get the Genesis 9 the body shape of the G8F character (I didn't continue to fix the joints because I thought they were outside the scope of our problem). 

In order for NG9 to still maintain a decent shape when applied to such a g9, I modified some of these steps: 
1. Before creating a G8F shape morph for Genesis 9, go to the Parameter panel, select "Genesis 9 -> Actor -> People -> Victoria 9", dial it to 100%, and then use Morph Loader Pro to create the G8F shape morph for Genesis 9. 
2. Every time you use this G8F shape morph, remember to also dial the Victoria 9 morph to 100% before applying NG9. 

Since Victoria 9 and G8F characters have roughly the same lower body shape, I think this method should work for most G8F characters. Please test it to see if it solves your issue.

3feetwolf attached the following image(s):
03.jpg
04.jpg
thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Akirael on 12/21/2022(UTC)
Mino96  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 11:15:18 AM(UTC)
Mino96

thank you so much, but sorry, i dont understand at what stage i have to do this,

1:first i bring in gen8 and gen9,

2: then i use the clone (hidden) on g9 to to have the same shape, (if i use the victoria morph here, i dont have the same shape)

3:then i export this as Object, then i import it make a figure from the object with the transfer utility,

4: then i morph the g8 which morphs also the binding g9,

5: then i export the g9 as object and bring it in on a new g9 with morph loader.

at which stage i should use the victoria dial?

and what can i do, if the character is already finished or if i have the morph from another vendor which has used this method to create a G9 Version from an G8 Character? 

Akirael  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 1:56:24 PM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Akirael Go to Quoted Post

hence this is the support thread and I don't want to clutter information all over the place, so I am writing here.

The "flattening" of the Labia Majora I'm talking about:

For example, when she sits in an examination chair and the thighs are spread apart. Then the skin becomes stretched and the lips are appearing flat. The same goes for some sitting poses in general, where the outer lips become more smoothed out, so to say. I hope that makes it clearer, what I mean by "flatten".

For some body shapes, the dial needs to be a little bit more cranked up, thanks to unbuild deformations. So it would be nice to have a deliberate morph or multiple morphs for that kind of movement behaviour.

Hi, 

I think I see what you mean, and I've made some attempts in NG9 to simulate this real-world situation.
If you only open the left and right thighs to the sides (Side-Side, no Bend), you will see the entire gens become "flattened" by the automatic morph.
However, if the thighs are not only open to the sides but also bend, the situation becomes very complicated and the automatic morph does not work well.
I made an additional Actor morph called "0008 - Rotation When Thighs Open", which is to try to make the shape of the gens less obtrusive in the above situation. Please see if it fits your needs. 

I'm already using this morph and it works to a certain degree. And I really believe that I can use NGG later for photorealistic work. But right now I have to choose the used character morphs and camera angles very carefully if I need this kind of effect. 

Oh and a little suggestion for either an add-on product or a later update. A posable/adjustable uterine and anus would be nice as well. Some of my works use transparent and or hollow toys as well, so it would be nice if I  could use NGG for those as well. xD I'm not very proficient with Blender or Hexagon so I mostly rely on Meshgrabber, and this tool is too limited to play nice with NGG. Keep up the good work.

thanks 1 user thanked Akirael for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 12/21/2022(UTC)
billyben  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 2:37:31 PM(UTC)
billyben

Was thanked: 1504 time(s) in 1278 post(s)

After seeing the comments from, 3feelwolf on the first post of this thread, I decides to test every female character I own.  Except for Victoria 9, all characters had varying amounts of distortion of the Pubis Mons and clitoral hood area.  Most distortion was a minor flattening ot the Pubis mons area with varying degrees of clitoral hood protrusions or flattening distortion.  A couple were downright WTF?  HTH

Characters with minor distortion:

CB Arceli
CB Marli
E3D Biddie
HID Nora
Josie 9
MSO Lorienne (significant flattening of the clitoral hood).
MW Elisabeth
P3D Rowan Teen

Characters with moderate distortion (clitoris starting to stick out)

Genesis 9 Feminine
MSO Peppa

Characters with severe distortion

BJ Tyler
Minerva 9

Bill
I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused
thanks 2 users thanked billyben for this useful post.
Akirael on 12/21/2022(UTC), 3feetwolf on 12/21/2022(UTC)
schlongborn  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 3:23:00 PM(UTC)
schlongborn

Is this not compatible with 4.16 at all? I tried it out and it works in 4.21 but in 4.16 I get an error about not being able to run the scripts. Any chance looking into making this compatible with 4.16?

Oxidation1988  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 9:19:32 PM(UTC)
Oxidation1988

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Originally Posted by: LupineGhost Go to Quoted Post

So nobody else is reporting my issue , which means its probably something wrong at my end ,but i seem to be getting lump just prior to the root of the clitoris  . As im not seeing it in the promos pictures im guessing its a oddity and this is based on a GEN 9 Base Female figure , i cannot randomize the issue out either but it does change its size . Other wise the product is a very good one but not sure why im hitting this issue ( Im not using any morphs on the GEN 9 that could cause this that i can see ).

*EDIT * After further investigation it seems to be related to the NGV9BASEFeminineC parameter . increasing or reducing this seems to reduce or remove the bulge , but remove it fully and add the another body shape and the issue seems to return  ,so NGV9BASEFeminineC ( Hidden) has to be applied or modified to remove the bulge Issue . So this may or may not be a feature . 

Had this same thing happen with Rowan Teen for the adult model. I should note that it was fine until I saved the scene and came back later to it. Then I came across this. As you mentioned though I searched for the femine body and just jacked it up and it mostly fixed it.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 21, 2022 9:47:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3feetwolf  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 10:05:38 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

thank you so much, but sorry, i dont understand at what stage i have to do this,

2: then i use the clone (hidden) on g9 to to have the same shape, (if i use the victoria morph here, i dont have the same shape)

3:then i export this as Object, then i import it make a figure from the object with the transfer utility,

5: then i export the g9 as object and bring it in on a new g9 with morph loader.

and what can i do, if the character is already finished or if i have the morph from another vendor which has used this method to create a G9 Version from an G8 Character? 

Hi, 

Please do the extra process in step 5, do it before "bring it in on a new g9 with morph loader". 

For finished character, I am thinking the resolution, please give me some time. 

Akirael on 12/22/2022(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 10:13:26 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: billyben Go to Quoted Post

After seeing the comments from, 3feelwolf on the first post of this thread, I decides to test every female character I own.  Except for Victoria 9, all characters had varying amounts of distortion of the Pubis Mons and clitoral hood area.  Most distortion was a minor flattening ot the Pubis mons area with varying degrees of clitoral hood protrusions or flattening distortion.  A couple were downright WTF?  HTH

Characters with minor distortion:

CB Arceli
CB Marli
E3D Biddie
HID Nora
Josie 9
MSO Lorienne (significant flattening of the clitoral hood).
MW Elisabeth
P3D Rowan Teen

Characters with moderate distortion (clitoris starting to stick out)

Genesis 9 Feminine
MSO Peppa

Characters with severe distortion

BJ Tyler
Minerva 9

Thank you very much! This post is very helpful to me. 

billyben on 12/21/2022(UTC)
billyben  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 10:23:02 PM(UTC)
billyben

Was thanked: 1504 time(s) in 1278 post(s)

Thank you very much! This post is very helpful to me. 

You,re welcome.

Bill
I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused
Optika  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 11:52:13 PM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)

With regards to adopting NGG9 for macOS @3feetwolf:

Task would be to have the files in data/3feetwolf/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/Resources work on Mac. As far as I know you could try to come up with an bash script (.sh) doing the same on mac as the batch file (.bat) on windows. That would also require to convert the preprocessing.exe (guess it mainly does simple image operations) to a mac .app application file. 

Problem might be to invoke all this from within studio and to overcome potential security issues on mac which would probably prevent users from simple running the bash script or the .app.

A potential alternative could be using the automation app for the mac which is called shortcuts. It should be potentially possible to do the image processing actions you do on windows with it. Find a short article about using shortcuts for image processing here: https://teng.pub/technical/2022/1/7/develop-for-shortcuts-to-process-images

I don't know how everything works on windows (could one do a screen movie for the "01 - Preprocess Character Textures.dse"?) and rather doubt that it may work as seemlessly on mac. But I would say it should be feasible to provide the same functionality through a mac bash script/application or shortcuts action the user has to trigger outside of studio to prepare the textures.

If you would share insights about the image processing with NGG9 I'd be glad to look into shortcuts for a mac equivalent as long as the process is not too complex for my little shortcuts knowledge. Simply PM. For more advanced development you might need to hire a mac developer. 

3feetwolf  
#34 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 9:52:49 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Optika Go to Quoted Post

With regards to adopting NGG9 for macOS @3feetwolf:

Task would be to have the files in data/3feetwolf/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/Resources work on Mac. As far as I know you could try to come up with an bash script (.sh) doing the same on mac as the batch file (.bat) on windows. That would also require to convert the preprocessing.exe (guess it mainly does simple image operations) to a mac .app application file. 

Problem might be to invoke all this from within studio and to overcome potential security issues on mac which would probably prevent users from simple running the bash script or the .app.

A potential alternative could be using the automation app for the mac which is called shortcuts. It should be potentially possible to do the image processing actions you do on windows with it. Find a short article about using shortcuts for image processing here: https://teng.pub/technical/2022/1/7/develop-for-shortcuts-to-process-images

I don't know how everything works on windows (could one do a screen movie for the "01 - Preprocess Character Textures.dse"?) and rather doubt that it may work as seemlessly on mac. But I would say it should be feasible to provide the same functionality through a mac bash script/application or shortcuts action the user has to trigger outside of studio to prepare the textures.

If you would share insights about the image processing with NGG9 I'd be glad to look into shortcuts for a mac equivalent as long as the process is not too complex for my little shortcuts knowledge. Simply PM. For more advanced development you might need to hire a mac developer. 

Thank you for your post, I have read some information according to the direction you provided. Now I think that in Mac version, we don't need to call the python program through .bat file, but to call it through the method provided inside daz studio. Maybe it's easier to implement this way, but I'm not sure yet. I will PM you if necessary. Thanks again. 

3feetwolf  
#35 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 9:54:31 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Thanks everyone for your help, I just found a solution for the shape problem. Please download the attached update package and overwrite the old files with the same name with the files in this package.
After installing the update, start DAZ Studio and apply NG9 to your character. Select NG9 in the scene, then go to the Parameters pane. Under "Actor -> 07 - Figure Compatibility" you can see two new morphs, "OverallAdjustment" and "LowerAbdominalAdjustment". Among them, "OverallAdjustment" has been pre-assigned a value by the script. You can dial the values of these two morphs until NG9 matches your character.
I have tested this solution on some G9 characters, and I personally think the test results are satisfactory. But It obviously needs more testing, so you are welcome to test it and post feedback here. If it meets your needs, I will update the NG9 installation package.
thanks 4 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Korentin on 12/22/2022(UTC), Akirael on 12/22/2022(UTC), seismeec on 12/27/2022(UTC), blkcrow on 12/28/2022(UTC)
Mino96  
#36 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 1:42:35 PM(UTC)
Mino96

Thanks everyone for your help, I just found a solution for the shape problem. Please download the attached update package and overwrite the old files with the same name with the files in this package.
After installing the update, start DAZ Studio and apply NG9 to your character. Select NG9 in the scene, then go to the Parameters pane. Under "Actor -> 07 - Figure Compatibility" you can see two new morphs, "OverallAdjustment" and "LowerAbdominalAdjustment". Among them, "OverallAdjustment" has been pre-assigned a value by the script. You can dial the values of these two morphs until NG9 matches your character.
I have tested this solution on some G9 characters, and I personally think the test results are satisfactory. But It obviously needs more testing, so you are welcome to test it and post feedback here. If it meets your needs, I will update the NG9 installation package.

Does not work with my figure, This is the best result:

it only morphs around it and it becomes rounder, but in the middle everything remains the same and continues to stick out far too much!!!

Mino96  
#37 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 3:26:25 PM(UTC)
Mino96

Hi, 

Please do the extra process in step 5, do it before "bring it in on a new g9 with morph loader". 

For finished character, I am thinking the resolution, please give me some time. 

i have test this, but this doesnt help, genitals stand out like before and the Character has the wrong shape.

is it caused by your concept of weigt maps? :

mrvoll  
#38 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 6:13:13 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)

I've tried these on a couple of Genesis 9 characters, one being Vicky 9, and I can't get them to render. If I remove the gens the models render just fine, but when the gens are applied the render engine hangs about half way through that preprocessing it does before actually generating an image. I've only waited about 10 minutes before giving up each time and having to shut down Daz and restart the program, but without the gens the models start to render in under 30 seconds. It's like that problem with Genesis 8 where it hangs if the resolution is set to 4...

Looking forward to the new pubes, I hope you can include a wet hair pube like you did with the earlier ones, but this time with the anus hair looking better and not super straight... LOL

Oxidation1988  
#39 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 6:40:32 PM(UTC)
Oxidation1988

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Originally Posted by: mrvoll Go to Quoted Post

I've tried these on a couple of Genesis 9 characters, one being Vicky 9, and I can't get them to render. If I remove the gens the models render just fine, but when the gens are applied the render engine hangs about half way through that preprocessing it does before actually generating an image. I've only waited about 10 minutes before giving up each time and having to shut down Daz and restart the program, but without the gens the models start to render in under 30 seconds. It's like that problem with Genesis 8 where it hangs if the resolution is set to 4...

Looking forward to the new pubes, I hope you can include a wet hair pube like you did with the earlier ones, but this time with the anus hair looking better and not super straight... LOL

I think he mentioned about this before about the sub-division. Try lowering that, when it gets to high it causes problems. I hope this helps.

P.S to 3feetwolf wanted to really give you props on the design/morphs again I had a character laying on her side and the gens didn't clip and my eyes went O.O because that is always a huge headache to deal with in creator side.

thanks 1 user thanked Oxidation1988 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 12/22/2022(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#40 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 9:52:01 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

i have test this, but this doesnt help, genitals stand out like before and the Character has the wrong shape.

is it caused by your concept of weigt maps? :

Yes, I set the rigid group for NG9, it works like the picture below, the left picture is without rigid body and the right picture is with rigid body. 

I don't know if you can accept the result on the left. I'll remove the rigid body if you all think it acceptable. 

3feetwolf attached the following image(s):
07.jpg
06.jpg