Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coolcool  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:57:21 AM(UTC)
coolcool

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi i don't know if this is the right place to ask this , but i was wondering how well do the comics and stories sell here would it be worth my time and money to make some , i know it would have to pass admin approvale before it hit sales but is there any real sales or is there enough vendors already with this type of stuff and not enough sales to make worth while.

shadoman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 12:09:46 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

You are in the right place.

As a new comic artist, you will need to create something that the masses of viewers and buyers want.

Raunchy Sex ( the more the better) Kink, including Bondage, and Women in Peril,  Futa or Dick Girl art  garnish a lot of the sales here.

For myself personally,  I always have money coming to me at the end of the month. Some months are better than others but remember I have a huge amount of material in the Renderotica store that has been posted for over 15 years

Send some content to the store for consideration when you are ready.  They will give you some basic guidelines to follow as to what is allowed and how many pages you need to submit. When you are ready, they will send you a PDF for uploading that must be followed to the letter. This includes the KB dimensions of your thumbnails Cover art and Samples, plus how large they can be

Graphic comics do well here and Series of images without text also do well  some of these are cover to cover sex and more sex where the picture simple says it all.  As for me, I like to tell a story using text that must be free of typo's to the best of your ability, A few can slip by the store editors but too many and you will be told to correct them.   Trust me I know.  My spouse is an English major and proofs all my work, once when she was ill I tried to post a story without her looking it over,  and the comic got tossed back at me,  Try as I did to make sure I had my spelling spot on,  I had over a dozen typo's .  So have a trusted friend, girlfriend or spouse, look over your work and point out typo's and when they are done fix them and then re-read your comic again as they might mix something. 

Software. If you are going to do actual graphic comic stories, I would pick up a copy of Comic Life.  It's downright cheap and it has a decent spellchecking library.

Create a Cover that will draw someones attention, and several samples so the buyers can get a taste of what will be between the covers and for your first comic,  keep the price modest  My first comic was $8 but now I base prices on page content 

Don't expect to get rich... but if your work is good enough to garnish a bunch of sales, it will be an indicator that you are doing something right and with more comics going into the store, you might get some extra change in your pocket.

Best of luck to you

Regards   Shadoman

PS  feel free to check out my store  www.renderotica.com/content-artists/shadoman/371  for Cover art and samples

and those of fellow artist Captain Trips,  Blackadder , hibbli3D, Gonzo and others

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
mjw  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 12:26:17 PM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
I vaguely considered creating comics, but then a simple issue arose in my mind. Say I earned 100 USD in my first month after the vendor site had taken its share. How does the tax and other bits work? I am in one country, and Rendo is in another. Payment is probably in a third country's currency..... How does one then declare such income for tax purposes?
Hum! Too much like hassle.
coolcool  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 4:44:37 AM(UTC)
coolcool

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Thanks Shadoman for the advice !   I've been thinking about it for some time now , i just was not sure if it' would be worth the time  and i never even thought about tax's and stuff i too an from another country, so i don't know how that would all work out.

Absinthe  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 7:29:22 AM(UTC)
Absinthe

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 103 post(s)

Originally Posted by: coolcool Go to Quoted Post

Thanks Shadoman for the advice !   I've been thinking about it for some time now , i just was not sure if it' would be worth the time  and i never even thought about tax's and stuff i too an from another country, so i don't know how that would all work out.

You can email me directly with 4 to 5 sample images for review. If they pass review I can let you know the next steps.  Here are some particulars for the sample images:

Please be sure to send your best quality images as they will be reviewed on Lighting, Posing, and Composition. If any dialog/text is on the images, please be sure that all spelling and grammar is correct.

Also note, your characters must CLEARLY be over 20 years old as we do not accept any imagery with with underage characters, incest or bestiality. If any of these are provided for review, your application will immediately be terminated.

send the images to store.manager @ renderotica.com

shadoman  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 11:06:34 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

I do not recall mentioning Taxes  and that does bring up a good point.

Not sure where Management is running things now but I know that under Andrew's watch the payments originated in Canada.  Since I live in the US, they were not obligated to send the Tax Data to my Governments Tax Collecting Agency AKA the IRS Internal Revenue Service

This does not mean I must neglect my Tax obligation because to do so and get caught means heavy fines.

So if Renderotica is still located in Canada, I cane assume Tax Data will not be forwarded to the IRS for fiscal year 2018..

If you live in the US and made any money as a vendor, claim your earnings and pay the proper tax due on your earnings.

As Absinthe referred to and I failed to mention some items are forbidden in our comics as posted in our TOS

Overall I had a decent year as far as sales went. as mentioned I never intended to get rich making comics, ,  What I do clear after taxes, is enough to pay for new props, occasional software, and hardware like Keyboards, Mice, and that occasional computer or external hard drives.

My computers hold up quite well as I have them made for me with onl the best cases, main boards  memory that comes with a lifetime warranty, and hard drives, video cards and Processor chip sets

I have one CPU that contains window XP that is going on 9 years with just a hard drive changeover about three years ago.

Regards   Shadoman

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
thanks 2 users thanked shadoman for this useful post.
mjw on 1/25/2019(UTC), banditcameraman on 1/26/2019(UTC)