11 Pages«<91011
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3feetwolf  
#201 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2024 2:39:35 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 259 time(s) in 144 post(s)

Originally Posted by: piorn2 Go to Quoted Post
Hello:-)

you can't see the lines so well because of the resolution, I'm trying to improve it... I've now found a solution, unfortunately the displacement of the Minora also disappears... and the transitions are better with the Genesis 9 normals Daz...

Thankyou for help

And a nice day

Thank you for the pictures, I will try to find out where is the problem and get back to you as soon as possible :-)

3feetwolf  
#202 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2024 4:25:08 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 259 time(s) in 144 post(s)

Originally Posted by: piorn2 Go to Quoted Post
Hello:-)

you can't see the lines so well because of the resolution, I'm trying to improve it... I've now found a solution, unfortunately the displacement of the Minora also disappears... and the transitions are better with the Genesis 9 normals Daz...

Thankyou for help

And a nice day

Hi, as you have already discovered, the problem is with the displacement effect, which causes tiny gaps between the different surfaces of the NG9.
Normally, among the three surfaces of NG9, only Genitalia surface has a displacement map to show the details of the labia minora and other parts. Moreover, in the palces where Genitalia surface is connected to other surfaces (such as Body surface), the color values of the displacement map are (128, 128, 128), that is, 50% gray. This color will not generate a displacement effect. In other words, in principle, there will be no gaps between different surfaces of NG9.
Now, however, these gaps have indeed appeared. I couldn't find the cause of the problem, but I thought of a workaround:
Please download Fake Disp Map.jpg from the link below, it is an image filled with 50% gray.
https://drive.google.com...pzE-/view?usp=drive_link
After downloading this image, go back to daz studio, open your scene, and find the Body surface under New Genitalia for Genesis 9 in the Surfaces panel. Assign Fake Disp Map.jpg to the Displacement Strength of the Body surface, and then make the values of Displacement Strength, Minimum Displacement, Maximum Displacement, and SubD Displacement Level consistent with the values of the same name in the Genitalia surface.
Render again and the gap will disappear. 
Hope this workaround works for you