10 Pages«<78910>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3feetwolf  
#161 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 7:49:36 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: StoneFaces Go to Quoted Post

Issue with MGAB Daria. Is there a guide on how we can make our own corrective morphs and maybe share with the community for more compatibility?

Hi, 
This looks like it's caused by the currently activated tools of daz studio. You just need to switch the currently active tool to solve this issue. This is because when the currently activated tool is Genometry Editor or Node Weight Map Brush, DAZ Studio will display geo-grafting props and figures separately in the Viewport to facilitate your observation. If you render at this point, they will also be separated in the rendered result, as shown in your picture. 

G3Renderworks  
#162 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 8:46:33 AM(UTC)
G3Renderworks

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: StoneFaces Go to Quoted Post

Issue with MGAB Daria. Is there a guide on how we can make our own corrective morphs and maybe share with the community for more compatibility?

Hi, 
This looks like it's caused by the currently activated tools of daz studio. You just need to switch the currently active tool to solve this issue. This is because when the currently activated tool is Genometry Editor or Node Weight Map Brush, DAZ Studio will display geo-grafting props and figures separately in the Viewport to facilitate your observation. If you render at this point, they will also be separated in the rendered result, as shown in your picture. 

Thanks, that solved the issue. 

Grimmblight  
#163 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 3:01:16 PM(UTC)
Grimmblight

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Any chance we could get 

New Gens For Victoria 8 - Expansion Pack SKU: 60820

for Gen 9 ? 

3feetwolf  
#164 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2023 8:44:53 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Grimmblight Go to Quoted Post

Any chance we could get 

New Gens For Victoria 8 - Expansion Pack SKU: 60820

for Gen 9 ? 

Hi, in terms of texture creation, NG9 has better capabilities than the NG8 expansion pack. If you are referring to the liquid effect of expansion pack, it is a pity that NG9 cannot do it...

seismeec  
#165 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 3:22:55 AM(UTC)
seismeec

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hi all,

Just wanted to report that I am not able to use NG G9 on V9 successfully in renders. Can somebody reproduce this:

1. Windows 10 (v10.0.19045 Build 19045)

2. DAZ Studio 4.22.0.15

3. NVidia driver 546.33 (Studio)

Hardware is more than sufficient (256 GB RAM, 14 core i9x CPU, 2x RTX Titan w/ 24 GB VRAM each).

Installed NG G9 in a separate library (same as NG G8), then - after deleting all caches - in the main DAZ directory (as per readme).

Rendering V9 w/o NG G9 works fine, including standard gens or the alternate gen product in the catalog.

Applying NG G9 with the standard procedure:

1. Preprocess

2. Customize (defaults confirmed)

3. Apply

4. Update materials

This generally works fine, no seams or else in texture preview.

When starting a simple render, the last message I receive is "Updating geometry" and then... DAZ just hangs and becomes completely unresponsive. I finally need to kill the DAZ process.

As said, this only happens after applying NG G9, all other combinations render just fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

3feetwolf  
#166 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2023 6:35:31 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: seismeec Go to Quoted Post

Hi all,

Just wanted to report that I am not able to use NG G9 on V9 successfully in renders. Can somebody reproduce this:

1. Windows 10 (v10.0.19045 Build 19045)

2. DAZ Studio 4.22.0.15

3. NVidia driver 546.33 (Studio)

Hardware is more than sufficient (256 GB RAM, 14 core i9x CPU, 2x RTX Titan w/ 24 GB VRAM each).

Installed NG G9 in a separate library (same as NG G8), then - after deleting all caches - in the main DAZ directory (as per readme).

Rendering V9 w/o NG G9 works fine, including standard gens or the alternate gen product in the catalog.

Applying NG G9 with the standard procedure:

1. Preprocess

2. Customize (defaults confirmed)

3. Apply

4. Update materials

This generally works fine, no seams or else in texture preview.

When starting a simple render, the last message I receive is "Updating geometry" and then... DAZ just hangs and becomes completely unresponsive. I finally need to kill the DAZ process.

As said, this only happens after applying NG G9, all other combinations render just fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

According to your hardware configuration, it is unlikely but I would still recommend to try to change the values of the following parameters to see if the problem is solved: 

1. Render SubD Level of the character. 
     Select the character in the scene, double-click the name of the character in the Parameters pane, select "General > Mesh Resolution", and find "Render SubD Level (Minimum)" in the parameter list on the right. 
2. SubD Displacement Level of NG9. 
     Select NG9 in the scene, then go to the Surfaces pane, and select "Genitalia" under New Genitalia for Genesis 9. "SubD Displacement Level" can be found in the parameter list on the right. 

You can assign above parameters smaller values and and then render again. If the problem persists, lower the values of these parameters again until rendering is successful. 

TexSin  
#167 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2024 12:23:51 AM(UTC)
TexSin

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: crikett Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to 3feetwolf's great support, I have things working again! Just to fill in some details here, in case anyone else winds up with similar issues:

I am 99% sure the preposessing.app isses are likely related to permissions - I wound up solving by restoring the earlier version. I would've likely been able to identify the exact changes needed, but given the lack of changes in the app, this is the obvious culprit.

The rendering issue is still a bit more perplexing, though I do have a workaround at the momen. While the Character shaders are PBR, the copied shaders on the New Gens are just the regular Uber... and while there are supposedly checks for this, for whatever reason, mine is only giving Uber now! Even when choosing the 04 - Update Gen Material. I am still not sure on the fix here, or why this is happening, though the fact that others are not reporting this does make me think it is something specific to me... in any case, I have worked around this by applying a PBR texture to the New Gens, and then doing the update... when applied over the PBR shaders, everything comes out as would be expected!

Thanks again to 3feetwolfd for the product and the support!

Kind of a noob to Daz, can you explain how did the work around in a little more detail please? I've having this same issue too

3feetwolf  
#168 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2024 9:27:42 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: TexSin Go to Quoted Post

Kind of a noob to Daz, can you explain how did the work around in a little more detail please? I've having this same issue too

Hi, 

Did you install NGG9 recently? Or the NGG9 that worked for you before is now having problem? 

TexSin  
#169 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2024 4:56:02 AM(UTC)
TexSin

Hi, 

Did you install NGG9 recently? Or the NGG9 that worked for you before is now having problem? 

It was previously working great the handful of times I used it, its a new issue thats popped up

42snoopy  
#170 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2024 6:11:42 PM(UTC)
42snoopy

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi, 

It was previously working great the handful of times I used it, its a new issue thats popped up

Did you upgrade your OS, if so from what version to what version?

Did you make any changes to security settings?

Did you install any other apps/plugins to your system or to Daz? 

TexSin  
#171 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2024 12:59:15 AM(UTC)
TexSin

Originally Posted by: 42snoopy Go to Quoted Post

Hi, 

Did you upgrade your OS, if so from what version to what version?

Did you make any changes to security settings?

Did you install any other apps/plugins to your system or to Daz? 

Did you upgrade your OS, if so from what version to what version? Nothing other than standard Windows 11 updates

Did you make any changes to security settings? No

Did you install any other apps/plugins to your system or to Daz? Only scripting one I can think of is Octane, but I uninstalled it 

3feetwolf  
#172 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2024 8:54:39 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Did you upgrade your OS, if so from what version to what version? Nothing other than standard Windows 11 updates

Did you install any other apps/plugins to your system or to Daz? Only scripting one I can think of is Octane, but I uninstalled it 

Sorry I initially thought you were using the Mac version, could you post more detailed information about the issue? Such as your steps and screenshots of error messages. 

TexSin  
#173 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2024 8:28:44 PM(UTC)
TexSin

Sorry I initially thought you were using the Mac version, could you post more detailed information about the issue? Such as your steps and screenshots of error messages. 

I don't get any errors, I just follow the steps and it processes the meshes without issue. Once I apply (Step 3) it looks like they're wearing shorts 

3feetwolf  
#174 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2024 6:21:24 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I don't get any errors, I just follow the steps and it processes the meshes without issue. Once I apply (Step 3) it looks like they're wearing shorts 

Hi, 

I noticed that the character you are using is Victoria 9 HD, I tested this character in my DAZ Studio and had no issues.
Based on your renderings, it looks like some of the NG9's material parameters are failing to be consistent with the Victoria 9 HD's skin material parameters, but I'm not sure how it happens yet.
Can you save your scene and send me its duf file? I'll try to identify the problematic material parameters and then work through them to figure out the cause of the problem. 

BrotherHades  
#175 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2024 6:44:38 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

If you can show the surfaces tab, it might be easier to help us determine issue. As it is, it could be a shader mismatch, or could even be as simple as you applied a translucency preset after running the material script, and the material on NewGens didn't update.

Using Victoria 9 HD can also cause issues, as to use grafts with HD characters and having it properly match all the HD morphs/settings would require the graft to also be HD, but so far Daz wont release the HD toolkit to anyone but their PAs, and even then the PAs can only sell HD characters on Daz's store. So 3rd party vendors don't have access to the tools needed to HD their grafts. So you will end up with a situation where the HD morphs will stop along the edge of the graft.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 2/2/2024(UTC)
TexSin  
#176 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2024 12:13:48 AM(UTC)
TexSin

Hi, 

I noticed that the character you are using is Victoria 9 HD, I tested this character in my DAZ Studio and had no issues.
Based on your renderings, it looks like some of the NG9's material parameters are failing to be consistent with the Victoria 9 HD's skin material parameters, but I'm not sure how it happens yet.
Can you save your scene and send me its duf file? I'll try to identify the problematic material parameters and then work through them to figure out the cause of the problem. 

Sent via DM

TexSin  
#177 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2024 12:26:32 AM(UTC)
TexSin

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

If you can show the surfaces tab, it might be easier to help us determine issue. As it is, it could be a shader mismatch, or could even be as simple as you applied a translucency preset after running the material script, and the material on NewGens didn't update.

Using Victoria 9 HD can also cause issues, as to use grafts with HD characters and having it properly match all the HD morphs/settings would require the graft to also be HD, but so far Daz wont release the HD toolkit to anyone but their PAs, and even then the PAs can only sell HD characters on Daz's store. So 3rd party vendors don't have access to the tools needed to HD their grafts. So you will end up with a situation where the HD morphs will stop along the edge of the graft.

I didn't realize that, I assumed she was the most "universal" one (again all still new to me). These are with a base G9 which produced the same "shorts" issue 

thanks 1 user thanked TexSin for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 2/2/2024(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#178 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2024 10:15:39 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Sent via DM

Thanks, 
I tested the scene and found the following: 
1. When loading the scene, the Missing Files window pops up and I need to manually specify the location for these texture files. Usually if we both install Victoria 9 HD, this issue will not happen. 
2. The Shader of the Victoria 9 HD skin material is PBRSkin. If NG9 is correctly applied to Victoria 9 HD, its Shader should also be PBRSkin. But in your scene the material Shader of NG9 is Iray Uber. This indicates that there was some anomaly in the process of NG9 being applied to Victoria 9 HD. And this is the direct cause of the wrong rendering result, I guess it is related to the first discovery. 

But to solve this problem is very simple(at least it works for me), you just need to select Victoria 9 HD in the scene panel and double-click "04 - Update Genitalia Materials". 

3feetwolf attached the following image(s):
Missing Files.png
TexSin  
#179 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2024 12:24:40 AM(UTC)
TexSin

Sent via DM

Thanks, 
I tested the scene and found the following: 
1. When loading the scene, the Missing Files window pops up and I need to manually specify the location for these texture files. Usually if we both install Victoria 9 HD, this issue will not happen. 
2. The Shader of the Victoria 9 HD skin material is PBRSkin. If NG9 is correctly applied to Victoria 9 HD, its Shader should also be PBRSkin. But in your scene the material Shader of NG9 is Iray Uber. This indicates that there was some anomaly in the process of NG9 being applied to Victoria 9 HD. And this is the direct cause of the wrong rendering result, I guess it is related to the first discovery. 

But to solve this problem is very simple(at least it works for me), you just need to select Victoria 9 HD in the scene panel and double-click "04 - Update Genitalia Materials". 

Interesting, maybe those two I mentioned defaulted my skins to uber. I'll have to look into how I can fix that. I appreciate you taking the time to help me solve this, I'll give your advice a go and see if I can get it to work now that I know what to look for. 

MrRogerSmith  
#180 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2024 12:14:28 PM(UTC)
MrRogerSmith

Hello, I just purchased the NG9 a couple of days ago.  I'm getting the lines on the thigh problem.  I've tried turning off the character's HD details as suggested in earlier posts but the problem persists.  Can you suggest where else I might try looking for a solution?

The base character is Riley from Raiya but there are a number of different morphs active.

Edited by user Saturday, March 30, 2024 5:55:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MrRogerSmith attached the following image(s):
Screenshot 2024-03-30 101118.png