7 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Darkseal  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 4:15:19 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 95 post(s)

I just opened the original object file in Maya... what a mess. I am scared.

Everywhere you see a thick line, that is not the edge of the uv map, is unwelded vertices. They may weld in program, but when you simply import the obj to maya all of these are separate group objects.. 😥 This should not pass testing.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 5, 2023 4:52:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Darkseal attached the following image(s):
Original verticies issues non welded.JPG
Original verticies issues non welded2.JPG
thanks 1 user thanked Darkseal for this useful post.
Centenox on 12/5/2023(UTC)
Darkseal  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 5:20:13 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

well, if I try to use the geograting method posted, I'm hoping it won't matter. Pushing on
day 2 uv and clean1.JPG
day 2 uv and clean2.JPG
day 2 uv and clean3.JPG
thanks 2 users thanked Darkseal for this useful post.
Centenox on 12/5/2023(UTC), Fixer on 12/20/2023(UTC)
Centenox  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 5:34:21 PM(UTC)
Centenox

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Everything looks perfect you're amazing!
I dunno if is the final structure of the vagina or still on the way.
But over the clint i dont reach to see the clint hood part covering the clint maybe is the angle or that features will be available as morphs like vaginal checks puff styles to create fat pussy etc?...

The clint hood reference:

https://cdn-prod.medical...ng-the-clitoral-hood.jpg

Edited by user Tuesday, December 5, 2023 5:38:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Centenox for this useful post.
Darkseal on 12/5/2023(UTC), Fixer on 12/20/2023(UTC)
Darkseal  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 5:53:46 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

The hood is there, probably just the bad lighting and no texture. I am making faster progress than anticipated, I had hoped to get more feedback before this, but here we are. I used the replace body part with option, I think it worked well. There is at least one full body morph that has become unusable, and probably a few more for the thighs. All in all the surgery so far has been a success.
aftergeograft.JPG
Centenox  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 6:13:59 PM(UTC)
Centenox

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 25 post(s)

This looks really nice! There's so many sceptic people about this advance.
Many Daz users are silent and watching too. But I have all my faith that will be a
success! This is the 1.0 for a model who nobody have guts to touch and there you go.
This is just the beginning so maybe later you could end creating a La Femme 2 Dickstoyer too.
They are silent but watching. 100%
thanks 2 users thanked Centenox for this useful post.
Darkseal on 12/5/2023(UTC), Fixer on 12/20/2023(UTC)
Darkseal  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 9:19:58 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

It's not easy. The automated tool to swap the hip with the prop left unwelded parts in the back by the butt. It also messed up the normals. If this clean up works she "should" be better than she started. It's no picnic though. All the unwelded uv islands because the vertices weren't welded. This is a common zbrush export issue that takes time to clean up. I know it's not me cause i only imported the hip (and tested the original). Wish me luck.
Bwldrd  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 9:42:09 PM(UTC)
Bwldrd

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Looking good, watching with interest :D

thanks 3 users thanked Bwldrd for this useful post.
Darkseal on 12/5/2023(UTC), Centenox on 12/5/2023(UTC), Fixer on 12/20/2023(UTC)
Darkseal  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 9:52:37 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

Glad to hear Bwldrd!

I think I'll need to rest for today. I got a lot done. I still need to edit more than half the maps to make them my own. I've done a few already though. That being said, we're not even close to being finished... it's only the end of day 2. Tomorrow I will probably paint the maps, after that ...... it's morphin time.

Day 2 posing verification3.jpg
Day 2 posing verification2.jpg
Day 2 posing verification.jpg
Hellboy  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 10:24:18 PM(UTC)
Hellboy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 77 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Centenox Go to Quoted Post

This looks really nice! There's so many sceptic people about this advance.
Many Daz users are silent and watching too. But I have all my faith that will be a
success! This is the 1.0 for a model who nobody have guts to touch and there you go.
This is just the beginning so maybe later you could end creating a La Femme 2 Dickstoyer too.
They are silent but watching. 100%

I for one, am definitely watching. Well, I watch all active threads because there's not that much traffic anyway, but LaFemme is always an interesting topic.

UserPostedImage
DAZ STUDIO USER SINCE 2006
thanks 2 users thanked Hellboy for this useful post.
Darkseal on 12/6/2023(UTC), Centenox on 12/6/2023(UTC)
Darkseal  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2023 2:17:41 AM(UTC)
Darkseal

By the way, I fixed the base mesh before re-importing,

Before and after here. 33,500 vs 49,500 vertices, 65,000 vs 75900 edges, etc... So, it's a "cleaner" mesh. I know most people won't care how the sausage is made.... but some content creators might like to know the differences that this mesh will have vs. the original.

Hope you like the result Hellboy! Thanks for following the progress.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 6, 2023 2:22:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

original mesh.JPG
base has been fixed.JPG
Centenox on 12/6/2023(UTC)
Hellboy  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2023 4:00:48 AM(UTC)
Hellboy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 77 post(s)

I though you were doing a geografting hip with genitals. Are you "remastering" the whole figure? Because I can't imagine how to just update the mesh of a full figure with all the vertices changes.
I have no idea how the figure was released with all those unwelded sections. Just subdividing or using the smooth brush in ZBrush could open some nasty gaps.

UserPostedImage
DAZ STUDIO USER SINCE 2006
thanks 1 user thanked Hellboy for this useful post.
Darkseal on 12/6/2023(UTC)
Darkseal  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2023 11:22:13 AM(UTC)
Darkseal

Hellboy, Yeah, the "geografting" in poser is not Daz. Once the hip was switched out it broke all JCM that traversed the hip. (edit: I can't very well sell a hip on the market, tell people "how to geograft it", and then break all the JCMs in that area. Also, it would not have any morphs on it. I have to add it to the figure to supply. But I can't give it to anyone broken! It's just not the same as daz... Besides, it's going to be way more fun with some extreme morphs.)

Also, the verticies act welded in poser and on export to Zbrush, but the matter remains that they all have their extra verticies. So, in a program like Maya, it will show you the "real" state of the objects, which is that they are all separate. Some programs let you weld without removal... but are not "really" welded. This is the same case with the uvs, since the points exist, the uvs exist on mapping. It is "behind the scenes" stuff that doesn't effect the end user unless they go to try to make content. Then the troubles can arise. But for the 98% of the consumer base they'll never know. Again, it's "how the sausage is made" stuff most people don't care about.

Yes......... unfortunately after opening this can of worms it requires a remaster. Because I know it's there, it had to be fixed 😭 How? Blood, sweat, and tears. And copy joint zones from button. That, at least, gets me the weights that are still valid.

98% of the figure has transferred. Facial morphs, jcm's on most of the body all seem fine on first inspection. What I'm missing is a few JCM on the hip/thigh area. Once the hip was replaced with the prop all bets were off in that area. It's ok. I can make them from scratch.

Updates later, once there is something to show for today. I've got the original texture loaded in Zbrush and will start painting. There is a seam that has appeard in the leg/hip area... I don't know how THAT happened since I didn't touch the UVs there.... sus..... VERY SUS....

It's only day 3, I think it's humming along!

Edited by user Wednesday, December 6, 2023 12:03:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

painting day3a.jpg
Centenox on 12/6/2023(UTC), Fixer on 12/20/2023(UTC)
nerd  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2023 2:50:51 PM(UTC)
nerd

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi this is Nerd3D, I've apparently had this R'otica accoutn since before I added the "3D"

Not sure how you ended up with all those unwelded verts but that's definitely not the base geometry as shipped. The vertex counts are wrong. That's going to break all morphs and weight maps when you go back to Poser. You'll be doing a total do-over of the figure. During figuer development we're careful to maintain the welding vecause we use Zbrush to make many of the morphs.

I don't have Maya to test with but I know 3DS Max does something similar when importing OBJ with groups. Even though the base OBJ is welded the importer creates a separeat object for each group in the OBJ. Max simply doesn't seem to have the same notion of a facet groups as Wavefront did.

When building content never work from an OBJ exported from a Poser scene. Weird shit will happen. Alwasy start from the OBJ in the Runtime\Geometries folder. It's easy to see open welds if the original OBJ is imported into Poser and viewed in "Outline" display mode. Every un-weld will be outtlined. If you do the same thing with an exported OBJ the un-welds are obvious.

LF2 has 30503 vertexes and 29952 facets.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 6, 2023 3:14:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Kain't espul or tpye

thanks 1 user thanked nerd for this useful post.
Darkseal  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2023 3:37:21 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

Hi Nerd3D,

I went to download LaFemme2 lite from the website where I had to put in my key for my version of poser. I downloaded and then installed LaFemme2. I then opened the folder in the \Runtime\Geometries\RPublishing\LaFemme2\ LaFemme2.obj ... I use that obj, since it's the source file. Here I went to drag and drop again, for science. It's just my experience as I go. Documenting along the way. Cheers!

(like I mentioned in a previous post, some programs pretend like they have "welded them for you".... they have not. This is why I import the original obj that ships with the product... just drag and drop.)

Edited by user Wednesday, December 6, 2023 4:34:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

drag and drop.JPG
Sutut on 12/6/2023(UTC)
Darkseal  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2023 4:41:21 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

The original textures seem to have little to no border padding. Most programs will play nicer with a small pixel border. The larger the textures, the larger in pixels that border needs to be. With a 4096px texture map, a 40-50 pixel border is needed when exporting from programs like Substance Painter... But, I'm not sure if it's there or not, which is why I'm seeing the seems in Zbrush when the textures are applied (only on the bump maps). No biggie. I've erased the seams and painted them again. I'll be faking that 50px border in photoshop later, since zbrush doesn't give any.

This isn't finished. Just taking a break. I put on a material that should show more shadow to "see" the bump better. I am keeping most of the texture as "default" as possible. All will get edited that I supply, they have to be, but I'll try to keep as much of the original flavor as possible. I'm just detailing the genitals, anus, nipples, and ever so slighty on the face (tiny tiny bit)

Edited by user Wednesday, December 6, 2023 4:43:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

innerday3a.jpg
innerday3b.jpg
innerday3c.jpg
Centenox on 12/6/2023(UTC), Sutut on 12/6/2023(UTC)
nerd  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2023 8:21:40 PM(UTC)
nerd

If you examine the actual OBJ file it has 30503 Vertexes. I'm not sure what Maya is doing to the OBJ when imported. Maybe if you resave the OBJ from something like UVMapper Pro it might prevent Maya from shredding the OBJ.

The textures included with LF are padded to the edge of the image. Not sure where you're getting the un padded maps from.

nerd attached the following image(s):
Femme Verts.jpg
LaFemme2_Head.jpg
Darkseal  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2023 8:46:29 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

I understand now. In Maya, there is an option to "import multiple objects". When this is false I can get the same behavior as you in UVMapper Pro. But, what you don't see, is that those vertices are not all welded. Like I had said a few times, some software will behave differently, "welding" when they are not welded. This is one of those softwares. What Maya is doing here is now grouping all separated objects to behave as one. In their folders we can see the extra separated poly surfaces that now make up the one objects "welding" the overlapping vertices for you.... but, if you were to separate the object..... a truly welded object will do nothing. An object like this will break apart into hundreds of pieces.

Again, it's more "how the sausage is made". At the end of the day, if it works, great. No harm, no foul. But most objects, figures, etc... "should" not do that just because of the option of create multiple objects true or false. My figures, for example, are all separate objects. I DO know "why" people do it this way, it has to do with unimesh. But, in this case, it's clear there was steps missed on the torso and limbs.

No biggie. My version is fixed now. Here is a snapshot of this behavior in Maya to mimic UVMapper Pro.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 6, 2023 8:54:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

messy obj.JPG
Sutut on 12/6/2023(UTC)
nerd  
#38 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2023 3:02:53 AM(UTC)
nerd

Seems like Blender's idea of an OBJ export and Autodesk's import of an OBJ are at odds. In 3DS Max the Blender exported OBJ imports with no facet groups (the "g" lines in an OBJ) It dumps all the facets into a single object regardless of the multiple object object setting. That's fine for morphs but not for rigging. If I resave the OBJ from UVMapper then Max sees the groups. I suspect a similar disagreement is affecting Maya.

I've examined the 2 OBJs and the only difference I see is that the smoothing groups ("s" lines) are before the facet groups in the blender save ... That really shouldn't matter.

Darkseal on 12/7/2023(UTC)
Darkseal  
#39 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2023 11:26:52 AM(UTC)
Darkseal

Oh well Nerd3D... next time I know, if I see those kind of un-welded uv's / vertices on a figure/ object, I should just either export from Poser and NOT take an original obj from the runtime, or edit my import settings in Maya. Too late now, but next time I'll be all set!

edit: painting textures are finished. I just need to do some editing on them in photoshop.

Edited by user Thursday, December 7, 2023 3:09:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

day4 painting textures almost finished.JPG
Darkseal  
#40 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2023 4:15:16 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

Textures are finished. The normal maps are acting up... I think I need to select smooth low res normals and generate again. I might pass on them and just create math node with bump to make a disp. These maps are disp maps anyway 😃

Please excuse the resting pose of the anus (and buttocks), will be adding a morph to reshape them. I just opened them up for modeling so no verticies would be crossing the X axis on the base model. More sausage tips.

Testing base pose with current figure.

If you've gotten to this post, thank you! Now I ask that you start listing suggestions for MORPHS you'd like to see included.

Edited by user Thursday, December 7, 2023 4:27:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

day4 painting textures 2.JPG
day4 painting textures 3.JPG
baseposetestwaitingm.JPG
Centenox on 12/7/2023(UTC), Sutut on 12/7/2023(UTC)