7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bwldrd  
#121 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2024 5:21:29 AM(UTC)
Bwldrd

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Quick video tutorial here.

youtu.be/nE9PtExwebE

thanks 2 users thanked Bwldrd for this useful post.
Darkseal on 1/8/2024(UTC), Centenox on 1/9/2024(UTC)
Darkseal  
#122 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2024 2:56:52 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 94 post(s)

You the best Bwldrd! Now I just have to update the product to the store.

edit: updated. Just has to go through testing.

Thanks again!

I didn't think geo actually lived in that for those... but I guess I didn't look hard enough. geomCustom is always embedded geometry, what was I thinking?! I

Edited by user Monday, January 8, 2024 3:19:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Darkseal for this useful post.
Centenox on 1/9/2024(UTC)
Centenox  
#123 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2024 10:55:04 PM(UTC)
Centenox

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Excellent!

I’m just waiting for this update and the morphs upgrade to start playing!

>\\\|/<
|_"""_|
(O) (O) +----OOO--(_)--OOOo-----+

thanks 1 user thanked Centenox for this useful post.
Darkseal on 1/10/2024(UTC)
Darkseal  
#124 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2024 1:39:50 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

I'd start playing now... I add a ton of morphs in that base figure, like a ton. At this time, there has not been nearly enough sales to justify spending another 2 weeks on the figure. I'd love to see it reach triple digits of support. I know it's a catch 22, more morphs could get more support, but I was hoping for more people to be interested in this figure.
Centenox on 1/10/2024(UTC)
Centenox  
#125 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2024 5:07:40 PM(UTC)
Centenox

Originally Posted by: Darkseal Go to Quoted Post
I'd start playing now... I add a ton of morphs in that base figure, like a ton. At this time, there has not been nearly enough sales to justify spending another 2 weeks on the figure. I'd love to see it reach triple digits of support. I know it's a catch 22, more morphs could get more support, but I was hoping for more people to be interested in this figure.

As well you already add a ton of beautiful morphs but the character face needs some eye close/apart, up/down, arrange eye shape twist and size morphs, nose up/down arrage, nose size, mouth up/down arrage, mouth size morphs to create character face variations with the actual default version...

I was waiting for some facial morphs first so could be more versatile for creators and vendors to make different characters far from the default face but as well I can promote it anyways on many AVN creator forums.

Also you can create a morph extra pack so we can buy it separately or place a link for donations with paypal or credit card to support this and same for upcoming projects is faster to reach almost triple digits.

The La Femme 2 regular UV maps are compatible with La Femme DL?

Edited by user Wednesday, January 10, 2024 5:32:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Darkseal on 1/11/2024(UTC)
Darkseal  
#126 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2024 1:51:04 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

The existing UV's were all kept the same except for the new geometry. The new vaginal parts have a new material and map, which you can download from the "free files" section of the product itself. I figured that was the easiest way to distribute it without editing the zip, but now I should have just stuck it in there. Next time, if I remember, I'll just add it to the textures. But, for now, it can be downloaded from the products page. More than likely, when /if I do make morphs, I will add it to the base product to show love for existing support. I'll probably just raise the price a few bucks. I rather not nickle and dime "product support", and give everyone a complete package figure that is full of features straight out the box. I was just hoping to get more action on the product, hoping to see larger numbers of people that were interested in this figure. Unfortunately, at the moment, I cannot trade another 2 weeks of time for "tens of dollars". *insert gif of raining money* (i wish we could meme in this forum, no gifs allowed)
Centenox on 1/11/2024(UTC)
arrow1  
#127 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2024 4:10:38 PM(UTC)
arrow1

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Darkseal, I think the product needs more promotion .I do not know why but shouldn't it be under "Naughty Bits" as well? Also be featured now and again! Cheers
thanks 2 users thanked arrow1 for this useful post.
Darkseal on 1/11/2024(UTC), Centenox on 1/11/2024(UTC)
Darkseal  
#128 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2024 5:51:51 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

Ah, maybe I have it in the wrong category? Unfortunately I don't know how to market my products very well i guess.
Centenox  
#129 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2024 9:44:07 PM(UTC)
Centenox

Ah, maybe I have it in the wrong category? Unfortunately I don't know how to market my products very well i guess.

I already do some promo on some groups on fb with a link to your store and have some likes. There is no way to grant if they will buy but you could see. Now Im doing some short animations with LaFemme2 DL mixed with your promo images to create a promo video so I can upload it on some sites dedicated to 3d adult animations & adult game developers with your store link too. Maybe this could help a little more. Lets see how it goes
Let me know how sales goes time to time and I will help as much as needed.

As for the LaFemme2 DL if you decide add lots of morphs extra sounds great I could pay even $50 for a version with the enough extra morphs almost closer to the list of reference I've already sent. The first one needs the basic face morphs for your standard version upgrade but will be great to see a La Femme 2 DL pro (take all my money)
Darkseal on 1/13/2024(UTC)
Seven-ol  
#130 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2024 11:38:16 AM(UTC)
Seven-ol

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I looked at renders done with poser 13 firefly and the very meager catalog at rendo :
While I admire your attempt, is it really worth it ?
I should suggest you to make a poll to see the potential audience for this product.
Sorry to be a buzzkill ...
thanks 2 users thanked Seven-ol for this useful post.
Centenox on 1/12/2024(UTC), Darkseal on 1/13/2024(UTC)
Centenox  
#131 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2024 4:01:33 PM(UTC)
Centenox

Originally Posted by: Seven-ol Go to Quoted Post
I looked at renders done with poser 13 firefly and the very meager catalog at rendo :
While I admire your attempt, is it really worth it ?
I should suggest you to make a poll to see the potential audience for this product.
Sorry to be a buzzkill ...

In my thinking, I appreciate your opinion and understand your concerns. However, I believe it is important to remember that the original product has already proven to be popular among many people. This new version offers more content aimed at adult content creators that has the potential to attract an even larger audience. I partly agree that a survey could provide useful information but it would have to be done on various platforms, especially those of interest in erotic 3D, but this version being too new I also believe that good proper promotion could be equally effective in determining public interest. I don’t see this as being a buzzkill, but rather as an additional opportunity to improve and grow.

Fixer on 1/12/2024(UTC)
Darkseal  
#132 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2024 3:12:23 AM(UTC)
Darkseal

Thank for the words Centenox, but that's just not how I usually do things. I don't make a figure and then release extra morphs as a seperate product. I update the figure to have the morphs as a complete product. When I do add ons it's clothing/items/etc... If a $16 product, that started out as just being a genitalia, can't be sold then there is NO WAY I'm updating the product and raising it to $50. This was supposed to be a vagina. Now it's a full fledged figure with 130 extra morphs sold for less than half of the mainline pro figure at the other place. It's difficult to see a world where adding more to the figure and raising the price makes a lot of sense. You yourself said you are waiting until it gets more face morphs, but again, this was a vagina prop. A prop that got a huge expansion. A prop that turned into a whole figure to simply try to accommodate one solid piece of geometry, which I think turned out pretty well in the end. I don't know what more I could do to make a customer happy for a genitalia. If this was JUST a vagina at this price point I thought it would have sold more.

A reminder, you can hide everything but the hip and parent it to the original figure to use the original figures facial morphs if it has more support than this version. But I did add plenty of nose morphs along with cheek and chin and more, as well as the facial bones that you can physically move to make thousands of changes. You could also use these while making a new dial to teach to set up your own faces. I can understand wanting some presets, but anyone could pose those bones and save the face pose, or make a dial and teach those bones. Making morphs to do what can already be done feels very counter intuitive to me. Now, if it was celebrity faces or something I could understand. But I don't even know if that's allowed here. I was told if I get one more dmca I would be cancelled, so I'm not playing with fire.

Seven-ol: Yes. I thought this thread was a kind of proof that the desire for such a product existed on a larger scale. It is possible it is simply my skill that has not polished this figure enough to be worthy of want. The renders were done with superfly, not firefly. You saw images of a woman jumping out of a pussy of another woman on Rendo??! All the images are in this thread too, but not all the images are posted on rendo. But again, it is more probably it is my lack of sales ability to make this figure move, or my lack of skill upgrading her, or both.

All in all, if I can't move the figure for $16, I doubt any number of faces included could allow me to raise to $50. I mean, should I have just priced this at $35 to start? Would everyone respect the figure more if the price was higher?

thanks 3 users thanked Darkseal for this useful post.
Sutut on 1/13/2024(UTC), Centenox on 1/14/2024(UTC), Fixer on 1/16/2024(UTC)
arrow1  
#133 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2024 4:29:26 PM(UTC)
arrow1

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi Darkseal, Where do I go to get this? "The new vaginal parts have a new material and map, which you can download from the "free files" section of the product itself" Cheers
thanks 1 user thanked arrow1 for this useful post.
Darkseal on 1/15/2024(UTC)
Centenox  
#134 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2024 5:06:38 AM(UTC)
Centenox

All in all, if I can't move the figure for $16, I doubt any number of faces included could allow me to raise to $50. I mean, should I have just priced this at $35 to start? Would everyone respect the figure more if the price was higher?

It may sound strange, but there are many people who think that expensive things are more attractive and they distrust low prices.Maybe sounds like something without sense but is a sad truth. In my opinion, I think that the work you did in this version, even though its emphasis was only the vagina, turned out to be better than expected, the introductory price is too low. I could suggest that the current price has an expiration date and then $35 would be a fair price for the effort, quality, and dedication in such a short time. In this way, even if the sale is a bit slow at the beginning, at least your work would be respected and you would get that equivalent that you expect in return.

Hellboy  
#135 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2024 2:13:56 PM(UTC)
Hellboy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 77 post(s)

Darkseal, after all your dedication, I don't think it's fair you blame yourself for something that is out of your control.

We even talk about this on the first page, LaFemme is a very niche product, and the number of people who will buy an alternate version for the genitals is going to be even lower.

Maybe more exposure outside of Renderotica would help, but don't be harsh on yourself.

UserPostedImage
DAZ STUDIO USER SINCE 2006
thanks 1 user thanked Hellboy for this useful post.
Darkseal  
#136 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2024 6:43:42 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

arrow1, I don't know where the image is for the UV map. I updated it. I was asked by the staff if I was sure I wanted it that way, because "everyone would be able to download it", and I was like "yes please". I know the map isn't great... I should have spent more time laying out uvs, but in my defense I paint in zbrush/3d viewport. Sorry for all you painting in 2d!

Centenox, It's a bit late now. Maybe next time. But if I price a figre too high I would blame myself for that being the reason.

Hellboy, thanks, I'll try not to get myself down about it. The products that seem to make me the most in return are the ones that take the least amount of time to make.

edit: Ok, it seems it's on the cgbytes page and not on the otica page. rip. You all got the Updated 1.1 version with chips, right?

Edited by user Monday, January 15, 2024 6:51:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Darkseal attached the following image(s):
LaFemme2 DL Gen UV.jpg
Centenox on 1/16/2024(UTC)
Darkseal  
#137 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2024 7:42:41 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

Making a quick animation using LaFemme 2 DL as the character. Nothing fancy, just some fun. I really haven't made many animations, I can see how much I am lacking in this skill. The poser animation splines don't make things very easy.

This is GID: Barred To Wall using the pose included on LaFemme 2 DL. Works perfectly. With Green Imp and Universal Tool and the Backrooms Builder Kit.

Damn it.. I just realized I forgot to set the Brows Move Z for octane rendering. easy enough to do and rerender. She's looking great in Octane. Maybe I should add a few images in octane once this is done.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 16, 2024 10:56:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Darkseal attached the following image(s):
Octane samples 1000 elapsed 00-00-21.png
Octane samples 1000 elapsed 00-00-24.png
frame00027.png
frame00107.png
frame00258.png
Centenox on 1/17/2024(UTC)