23 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BrimstoneOmega  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2022 8:17:14 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Laudanum Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: thedeadjester Go to Quoted Post

Gotcha, and let me say that I think I understand why you went with a larger geograft (I assume to avoid the need for a morph to enlarge the hip area for the internals on extreme penetration). I don't want to come across as completely negative on the product before it is even out. Can you tell me if you tried it with Zev0's Aging morphs for the G8F? I use that product quite a bit for aging women and for the stretchmarks, cellulite that adds another touch of realism to my still renders. A lot of these effects could be accomplished with normal maps, bump maps in iray but DAZ decided to lock that behind a partner wall so unfortuntely that's how I have to get that effect (outside of sculpting and baking my own normals/bumps in blender). I believe I can safely assume the product won't support those, if your product is going to have it's own solution here I would be interested in hearing about that and an expectation of when something like that might come out? Also, there are certain clothing morphs that add "soft body" effects for items like garter belts and stockings that I assume won't work with the product, is that the case or am I wrong here?

Thanks! :) 

Don’t worry about it. It’s a perfectly legitimate concern and you have every right to ask about a product to make sure that its right for you.

With that being said, you’re right about aging morphs. The HD details will not transfer over to Advance Pussy which will stay perfectly smooth. I have an expansion pack plan for Advance Pussy called Advance Pussy Designer which will add textures and morphs made from real world example. I’ll consider adding effects like cellulite and such.

You mentioned soft body effects on garter belts and stockings. I assume you mean dforce. If so, conforming clothing with dforce works great with Advance Pussy but only to an extent. There will always be some product that won’t work well with it.

The "soft body" stuff they are talking about are morphs for tight-fitting clothing, like a bikini strap biting into her hips. This would be a morph, not an actual interaction, so I'm assuming this would be fine because the morph would just transfer over to the graft

Laudanum  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2022 7:22:57 AM(UTC)
Laudanum

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 103 post(s)

Originally Posted by: BrimstoneOmega Go to Quoted Post

The "soft body" stuff they are talking about are morphs for tight-fitting clothing, like a bikini strap biting into her hips. This would be a morph, not an actual interaction, so I'm assuming this would be fine because the morph would just transfer over to the graft

Oh, I see.

Well, if it’s a HD morph than it won’t work. Otherwise it should work just fine.

Sanaa  
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 4:59:05 AM(UTC)
Sanaa

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

This sounds like a great mod and the full hip might make the position of the pussy more accurate on some custom models.

But what about women with tails or fur? You know we love fantasy stuff.

Laudanum  
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 7:46:50 AM(UTC)
Laudanum

Originally Posted by: Sanaa Go to Quoted Post

This sounds like a great mod and the full hip might make the position of the pussy more accurate on some custom models.

But what about women with tails or fur? You know we love fantasy stuff.

That’s a good point.

Well, it depends on the tail. If it’s a geograft than it probably won’t work since you can’t have overlapping geografts in DAZ Studio. If it’s a conforming figure with fur it shouldn't be a problem.

I’ll do some testing of my own and try to improve Advance Pussy for tail support.

Masterstroke  
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 12:56:48 PM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 171 post(s)

I am sorry to tell you that Genesis 9 has been announced. 
Your ADVANCED PUSSY is promising to honor its name easily. To bad, once your product has been released, you might find yourself in updating it for Genesis 9.
looking forward to it

Laudanum  
#46 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 1:26:39 PM(UTC)
Laudanum

Originally Posted by: Masterstroke Go to Quoted Post

Your ADVANCED PUSSY is promising to honor its name easily. To bad, once your product has been released, you might find yourself in updating it for Genesis 9.
looking forward to it

Being a content developer at daz, I have an early copy of Genesis 9 and started development on a Gen9 version of Advance Pussy. Also a Gen9 Cock-O-Rama Genitalia Core.

I will also make a Genesis 3 version of Advance Pussy.

thanks 7 users thanked Laudanum for this useful post.
Ciaran on 9/22/2022(UTC), Rojas on 9/22/2022(UTC), Masterstroke on 9/23/2022(UTC), Bumper2 on 9/23/2022(UTC), vagans on 11/27/2022(UTC), ZenMaster3D on 12/10/2022(UTC), Akirael on 12/21/2022(UTC)
Chaosophia  
#47 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 1:43:38 PM(UTC)
Chaosophia

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)

Awesome. Looking forward to it. Is Gen9 really hard on resources from what you have experienced with the 8k maps? I am curious cause I want to dev stuff once it's available and am curious as to the amount of strain it puts on the memory.

Laudanum  
#48 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 1:52:05 PM(UTC)
Laudanum

Originally Posted by: Chaosophia Go to Quoted Post

Awesome. Looking forward to it. Is Gen9 really hard on resources from what you have experienced with the 8k maps? I am curious cause I want to dev stuff once it's available and am curious as to the amount of strain it puts on the memory.

Let’s just say that I’m not impressed with Genesis 9.

If you only have one character loaded into your scene, the 8K maps are not too bad but if you have more than one at a time than it is a strain on your memory.

thanks 2 users thanked Laudanum for this useful post.
Masterstroke on 9/23/2022(UTC), Klutz on 10/28/2022(UTC)
Optika  
#49 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 1:54:50 PM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)
As Gen9 is not out until mid of October I hope we can soon start to play with AP for Gen8 in the meantime!
Laudanum  
#50 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 1:57:59 PM(UTC)
Laudanum

Originally Posted by: Optika Go to Quoted Post
As Gen9 is not out until mid of October I hope we can soon start to play with AP for Gen8 in the meantime!

I'm almost done with Advance Pussy...

Should release in a week or two.

simontemplar  
#51 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 2:02:36 PM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
It's more than a "strain" on memory, it's a real killer. These morons at Daz are not thinking at all, they only see their cash register.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
Twisted_Pencil  
#52 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 2:59:56 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)

Female genitalia constructed with bones is not exactly new to be fair but it looks like you have taken it to a whole new level, love the way it can eat more than just round stuff, I'm in.
I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
Masterstroke  
#53 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 12:45:42 AM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Originally Posted by: Laudanum Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Chaosophia Go to Quoted Post

Let’s just say that I’m not impressed with Genesis 9.

If you only have one character loaded into your scene, the 8K maps are not too bad but if you have more than one at a time than it is a strain on your memory.

G9 will have pros and cons. I think we will have to get used to having an alternative 4k material set available.
They have a tool in their store, that reduces texture sizes for a scene. Comes in handy, when creating scenes with a lot of actors.
Just check that out.

Velshtein  
#54 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 1:19:38 AM(UTC)
Velshtein

Was thanked: 321 time(s) in 308 post(s)

And here I figured the announcement was gonna be for Aiko2. Been waiting for them to get on the stick and release that figure....

Masterstroke  
#55 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 1:54:17 AM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Originally Posted by: Velshtein Go to Quoted Post

And here I figured the announcement was gonna be for Aiko2. Been waiting for them to get on the stick and release that figure....

And how many more indistinctive anime characters do we need? 

Sanaa  
#56 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 3:11:50 AM(UTC)
Sanaa

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

looking forward to it

I'm already mad about all the gen 8.1 only characters, which ignore most of my gen 8 purchases of emotions.

Now gen 9 is coming out to ignore much more? I'm sure a lot of morphs won't work, too.

Masterstroke  
#57 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 5:20:36 AM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Originally Posted by: Sanaa Go to Quoted Post

looking forward to it

I'm already mad about all the gen 8.1 only characters, which ignore most of my gen 8 purchases of emotions.

Now gen 9 is coming out to ignore much more? I'm sure a lot of morphs won't work, too.

I wouldn't be mad at G9, more at G8.1, which was completely useless. G8.1 was more about giving something to the impatiently waiting community.
People are buying stuff, as if they are forced to buy stuff. 
Nobody is forcing you to upgrade to G8.1 or G9. If you don't like it, don't do it.

simontemplar  
#58 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 5:32:48 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I don't think I will even consider G9 until it has a full ecosystem.Then we'll see... but if that figure puts my system to its knees, then it's a no go.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
Optika  
#59 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 7:48:15 AM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I was day one with G3, G8 and even G8.1. Will get the Gen9 essentials but will definitely wait at least 1year to start embracing G9. I have a huge (G8) library which is already no longer fitting on a 2TB external with many products hardly used. So there is by far enough to keep me occupied. Just hope that Laudanum, Meipe & Co will stay on G8 for a little longer.

Plus Vicky 9 & Co seem to be even more pricey than previous generations. So it can do no harm to wait until the ecosystem grows, converters get developed and the initial batch of Gen9-stuff becomes available with better discounts.
Laudanum  
#60 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 9:22:49 AM(UTC)
Laudanum

Gen9 doesn’t have nipples and a navel, which sucks.