8 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Spanko  
#41 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 10:23:03 AM(UTC)
Spanko

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
https://www.daz3d.com/fo...-at-the-same-time#latest
here you See ONE Problem. You can no longer open Daz3d 2x . I use that sometimes, like converting in a second instance clothes/poses and building in the other a scene or Render in one instance and playing around in the other (without touching iray).
simontemplar  
#42 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 10:52:01 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I have updated to that same version and noticed both some instability issues and a serious slowdown in loading scene subsets.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
daniel181  
#43 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 3:18:13 AM(UTC)
daniel181

No problems to me, actually it runs even better now that i have updated daz3d to the latest version..
Spanko  
#44 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 5:17:18 AM(UTC)
Spanko

https://www.daz3d.com/fo...5662806/#Comment_5662806
Another new report from Someone, using Man Fridays render queque (I just got it too, it helps to make longer Comics).
He have problems with the newest version using the Plugin.

I did hear from a lot places problems, so dont touch it, it is NOT STABLE, whatever daz3d official said...
Thunder-3D  
#45 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 6:40:27 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 159 post(s)

Just to be clear for anyone joining the thread late, USM has no stability issues, the issues being discussed are with the latest Studio update itself ;)

simontemplar  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 9:47:06 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I really hope to see the sweat option soon... with maybe some options for just facial sweat (the kind you get from being scared or nervous).
Also, an idea struck me. Not too hard, not to worry, my injuries are superficial...
Since this is a geoshell, it could do more things than provide "wetness". I was thinking... veins FX. For example, Bane-like veins. For those
unfamiliar with that enemy of Batman, Bane wears a pump that allows him to inject himself with "venom", a powerul sort of steroïd. One of
the symptoms as described in many comics and in the Rocksteady games is that veins seem to pop up here and there on his muscle, his
face and whatsits. Sometimes, those veins are even glowing green... some sets of displacement and on/off emission of veins that could be
brought up on the full body or on selected sections of it would look great! Imagine all the monsters we could create... it would also mix well
with the baby oil when used on muscle freak culturists for a beach scene or a competition scene.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
Thunder-3D  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 10:47:55 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
I really hope to see the sweat option soon... with maybe some options for just facial sweat (the kind you get from being scared or nervous).
Also, an idea struck me. Not too hard, not to worry, my injuries are superficial...
Since this is a geoshell, it could do more things than provide "wetness". I was thinking... veins FX. For example, Bane-like veins. For those
unfamiliar with that enemy of Batman, Bane wears a pump that allows him to inject himself with "venom", a powerul sort of steroïd. One of
the symptoms as described in many comics and in the Rocksteady games is that veins seem to pop up here and there on his muscle, his
face and whatsits. Sometimes, those veins are even glowing green... some sets of displacement and on/off emission of veins that could be
brought up on the full body or on selected sections of it would look great! Imagine all the monsters we could create... it would also mix well
with the baby oil when used on muscle freak culturists for a beach scene or a competition scene.

Sweat is in testing now! :)

Sweat adds 2 new shader styles to the General Tools folder, 3 shine brightness levels for face only (apply after general shine level) and 5 face only opacity adjustments (apply after full body opacity adjustment)

In the upcoming "body Blush" standalone shell, I did experement with and provide in the product, a "demon heat" preset that glows, so perhapse in a future blush add-on I can add some vampire veins and other types of glow :)

I do plan to do a special "dool skin" add-on for USM, I'm a big fan of the retro 80's Master of the Universe figures and developed a USM that gives your figure a plastic look complete with mold "seams", so maybe I can expand that to some other fun stuff like monster scales and veins, we'll have to see how it looks before I can commit to it being included in a pack :)

Thunder-3D  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 10:58:35 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

One quick thing to keep in mind, while the USM shell utilizes displacement, I try to make its use minimal since some characters need to use displacement in their shape.

Think of it like this, USM's shell will perfectly auto follow ANY mesh morph, so your HD figures with true HD mesh (wireframe) will always work.

Some artists create the illusion of HD mesh by using the displacement material channel in a pretty extreme manner, this is why some monsters and robots don't wear clothing very well, because your clothing is trying to auto-follow and/or collide with the MESH, not the resulting displacement. Because of this, creating drastically raised veins and other textures may look great on a nude figure, but when you try to put clothing on it, those displaced areas will push up through the clothing.

The same will be true of USM shell, however intermediate or advanced users can simply copy the displacement maps from their figure to USM shell and it will work fine because it's using the exact same UV set as your figure.

So as much as I'd like to get really wild with USM, there are limits to what will actually work ;)
matt  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:53:49 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Thunder-3D Go to Quoted Post
One quick thing to keep in mind, while the USM shell utilizes displacement, I try to make its use minimal since some characters need to use displacement in their shape.

Think of it like this, USM's shell will perfectly auto follow ANY mesh morph, so your HD figures with true HD mesh (wireframe) will always work.

Some artists create the illusion of HD mesh by using the displacement material channel in a pretty extreme manner, this is why some monsters and robots don't wear clothing very well, because your clothing is trying to auto-follow and/or collide with the MESH, not the resulting displacement. Because of this, creating drastically raised veins and other textures may look great on a nude figure, but when you try to put clothing on it, those displaced areas will push up through the clothing.

The same will be true of USM shell, however intermediate or advanced users can simply copy the displacement maps from their figure to USM shell and it will work fine because it's using the exact same UV set as your figure.

So as much as I'd like to get really wild with USM, there are limits to what will actually work ;)

Would a script that copies the displacement settings from the figure to the shell be feasible?

BrotherHades  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 4:26:50 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 302 time(s) in 240 post(s)

Spanko wrote:
https://www.daz3d.com/fo...-at-the-same-time#latest
here you See ONE Problem. You can no longer open Daz3d 2x . I use that sometimes, like converting in a second instance clothes/poses and building in the other a scene or Render in one instance and playing around in the other (without touching iray).

It has been that way for at least two public builds and if you read the thread you point to, there is a work around to have multiple instances open at once even if it is not recommended.

Spanko wrote:
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5662806/#Comment_5662806
Another new report from Someone, using Man Fridays render queque (I just got it too, it helps to make longer Comics).
He have problems with the newest version using the Plugin.

I did hear from a lot places problems, so dont touch it, it is NOT STABLE, whatever daz3d official said...

It is always going to take longer for third party plug ins to be updated after a new public build is released, while it is an inconvenience it has been known to be a problem since Daz Studio came out of Public Beta and Daz Studio 1.0 released. Which is why a lot of users opt to keep using previous builds until X plug in is updated. I mean best practice is to check the Daz Studio Discussion Forum for the thread on the public build release, as there will almost always be the question as to what has changed in the new release and if any plug ins need updated to work with the build. Now this answer will usually gloss over the third party plug ins as those aren't Daz's responsibility to keep up to date, but if you see a listing that is showing a major change that requires a large amount of the add on plug ins to be updated, you can almost guarantee that the third party plug ins will also require updating. And of course there are always situations where a minor change can cause issues with only certain plug ins. In this particular instance Man Friday is aware there is a problem and is working on the fix.

Thunder-3D  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 4:29:37 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: matt Go to Quoted Post

Would a script that copies the displacement settings from the figure to the shell be feasible?

Meipe will be co-authoring the male version, so I'll ask him how easy/difficult that would be, he's the script expert :)

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
matt on 5/26/2020(UTC)
matt  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 6:54:19 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

Originally Posted by: matt Go to Quoted Post

Meipe will be co-authoring the male version, so I'll ask him how easy/difficult that would be, he's the script expert :)

It seems like the best option if it can be done, and since the shell uses the same UV's, it would make it a lot easier for less experienced uses to get the most out of the product. Hopefully Meipe agrees. :)

Thunder-3D  
#53 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 7:53:13 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Sweat Add-On is now available :)

The "Big Wet Bundle" has also been updated to the "Big Wet MEGA Bundle" and includes the new Sweat add-on.

Please note that you will NOT be re-charged for previously purchased items in the bundle, so if you bought the previous "Big Wet Bundle"  and buy this version, you will only be charged for the new additions in the "Big Wet MEGA Bundle"! :)

Cheers!
Thunder-3D

Edited by user Thursday, May 28, 2020 7:57:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Spanko  
#54 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 7:59:50 AM(UTC)
Spanko

And how do you call it when you release a G8M version? Ultimate Mega bundle? :D

promo pics looks sexy.

Is it possible to let the sweet only appear at different regions? Cuz I love spanking *g* and a sweating ass would be cool, same for oiled :D a oiled sweating butt ^^.

Edit: Bought it now (FIRST?! ;D )

Edited by user Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:04:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Spanko  
#55 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:09:05 AM(UTC)
Spanko

" This bundle includes the Ultimate Skin Moisture CORE set as well [...]"

But why is then the Core pack as requirement listed? I assume there is some misstake for the Mega bundle ;)

Thunder-3D  
#56 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:15:36 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: Spanko Go to Quoted Post

And how do you call it when you release a G8M version? Ultimate Mega bundle? :D

promo pics looks sexy.

Is it possible to let the sweet only appear at different regions? Cuz I love spanking *g* and a sweating ass would be cool, same for oiled :D a oiled sweating butt ^^.

Edit: Bought it now (FIRST?! ;D )

I followed a pretty natural progression of "sweattyness" in the presets, so it starts off in preset 1 with just facial sweat, then preset 2 adds shoulders and chest, 3 adds breasts and upper arms, and so-on until preset 7 which is full body workout sweat. They all have breastacular enhanced versions for larger breasts also. I think you'll be pleased :)

Also this add-on kit adds some more control for face only so you can set up the full body opacity, then increase or decrease just the face :)

AND we added 2 new shader base options (must be applied AFTER material presets) Everything is hover tipped as before so it should be super easy to use :D

Thunder-3D  
#57 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:17:30 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: Spanko Go to Quoted Post

" This bundle includes the Ultimate Skin Moisture CORE set as well [...]"

But why is then the Core pack as requirement listed? I assume there is some misstake for the Mega bundle ;)

Yeah, bundles always list everything that required for the included products, even if the required product is already in the bundle :)

Spanko  
#58 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:17:34 AM(UTC)
Spanko

I did edit my post :) I think there is a missleading info in your Product that for the bundle is the core also needed.

You said shoulder, chest, arms, full buy.

But... is ONLY the butt/gens zone also possible? I use mainly the New Gens for V8.

Edit: Okay!

leegreen12  
#59 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 1:34:47 PM(UTC)
leegreen12

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Hello Thunder3D - thanks again for another fantastic product! I have just purchased your latest sweaty add-on for the USM Shell. I have no issues whatsoever on the base G8F character. However, when I apply the Shell to a Character from Digital Touch (DT-Giovanka Morph as purchased with no changes) from DAZ, I get some artifacting (looks like dirt) on the shell. I suppose this might be due to the displacement maps on the USM Shell not matching the Character? I am attaching an image of the same with only the USM shell loaded to DT-Giovanka and no material yet loaded to the USM Shell. Any guidance for confirming and/or correcting via manually copyng the character displacement (if that's the issue) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for your attention!

leegreen12 attached the following image(s):
Capture.PNG
Thunder-3D  
#60 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 1:41:38 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Hi Lee!

It could be displacement used in the figure's materials, that's my guess.

If you apply the "Displacement OFF" tool directly to the character, I believe it will switch off displacement on the character and not the shell.

The other option would be to replace the USM shell displacement with the displacement maps from the character manually.

Scripted copy of displacement from the character to the shell is something Meipe and I are planning to look at doing in an update as soon as we finish the graft compatibility kit. :)
thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
leegreen12 on 5/28/2020(UTC)