14 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3feetwolf  
#141 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 9:12:15 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 259 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Thanks to simontempler and MidnightWatcher for the good ideas, some of which I didn't expect, lol.
The method I am trying these days is to add dforce dynamic surface to the p hair, and then add wind nodes to the scene to simulate the pressure of underwear on the p hair.
In theory, this method should be able to quickly make p hair stick perfectly to the surface of the skin, so no matter what kind of underwear, p hair can match it.
However, it may be due to too many polygons of p hair, my graphics card driver kept crashing during the simulation.
So it seems that this method does not work. Next, I will try the ideas you provide.
MidnightWatcher  
#142 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 1:08:46 AM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)

I often will move your gens into Blender and sculpt tweak them. When giving really large majoras and using Mike's pubes the bottom hangs really far down. So I open geometry edit, select lasso, highlight all the hanging bits and delete them. It's also a good way to get rid of unwanted internal hairs.

thanks 1 user thanked MidnightWatcher for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 6/2/2021(UTC)
Stephan69  
#143 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2021 12:37:24 PM(UTC)
Stephan69

I have a problem with 8.1 not updating.. I have redownloaded and it seemed to work for a month now it no longer works, I redownloaded again and all 8.1 figures fail to update.
3feetwolf  
#144 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 9:01:45 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Stephan69 Go to Quoted Post
I have a problem with 8.1 not updating.. I have redownloaded and it seemed to work for a month now it no longer works, I redownloaded again and all 8.1 figures fail to update.

Hi, I will help you resolve this problem. Could you please describe the problem you encountered in more detail? It would be more helpful if there are some screenshots. 

rjsquirrel  
#145 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2021 10:17:02 AM(UTC)
rjsquirrel

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

DAZ has a new product by Hamster called HS Hip and Breast V2. I'm not sure who to address here, but when you use HS Hip, it doesn't play well with New Genitalia. While your product is added to the model, the HS Hip product can be seen through the openings, i.e. adding New Genitalia doesn't cut out the mesh and replace it as a graft, it just layers it on top of the HS Hip mesh. Should I be contacting you or Hamster on this?

3feetwolf  
#146 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2021 7:37:11 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: rjsquirrel Go to Quoted Post

DAZ has a new product by Hamster called HS Hip and Breast V2. I'm not sure who to address here, but when you use HS Hip, it doesn't play well with New Genitalia. While your product is added to the model, the HS Hip product can be seen through the openings, i.e. adding New Genitalia doesn't cut out the mesh and replace it as a graft, it just layers it on top of the HS Hip mesh. Should I be contacting you or Hamster on this?

Hi, I will see what I can do about this issue, but I can't make any guarantees. NGV8 is a product from many years ago, after all. 

It is possible that some conflicts between it and the new product cannot be corrected. 

Kognor  
#147 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 12:27:04 PM(UTC)
Kognor

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Hi, I will see what I can do about this issue, but I can't make any guarantees. NGV8 is a product from many years ago, after all. 

It is possible that some conflicts between it and the new product cannot be corrected. 

I hope you can figure something out. I tried to make a transmap for the cutout option for the dforce hip to leave a "hole" for the newgen, but for some reason, the transparency took randomly across the entire hip and thigh area instead of just the genital area. 

rjsquirrel  
#148 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 9:09:31 AM(UTC)
rjsquirrel

Originally Posted by: Kognor Go to Quoted Post

I hope you can figure something out. I tried to make a transmap for the cutout option for the dforce hip to leave a "hole" for the newgen, but for some reason, the transparency took randomly across the entire hip and thigh area instead of just the genital area. 

Funny, because I tried the same thing with the same results 

3feetwolf  
#149 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2021 7:10:42 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Kognor Go to Quoted Post

I have purchased and tested HS dForce Breast V2.
HS dForce Hip is actually a geo-grafting prop, it can be added to the character together with NGV8 but they will block each other. The current version of DS cannot handle this problem.
I also tried to make a hole on dForce Hip with transparent map, and the preliminary rendering results seem to be acceptable. But I'm not sure if I can get decent results when the character is put in various poses. 

Kognor  
#150 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 7:50:21 AM(UTC)
Kognor

I have purchased and tested HS dForce Breast V2.
HS dForce Hip is actually a geo-grafting prop, it can be added to the character together with NGV8 but they will block each other. The current version of DS cannot handle this problem.
I also tried to make a hole on dForce Hip with transparent map, and the preliminary rendering results seem to be acceptable. But I'm not sure if I can get decent results when the character is put in various poses. 

I'm guessing the only real solution would be to make the newgens a geograph on the dforce hips instead of G8F. But that would likely mean redoing all the morphs and thus, it would be a new product rather than an update.

thanks 1 user thanked Kognor for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 11/26/2021(UTC)
Slashed_999  
#151 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 11:27:51 AM(UTC)
Slashed_999

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hi, 

I had a issue with the expansion on G8.1F. I think you may help me a bit.

First, the texture generation script sometimes read the wrong character name. So for some character it was only "Genesis 8.1 female". This some time may cause conflict. But it was rare.

Secondly, after applying. The render on "Genitalia" surface seems weired. Some part seems overlapping.

3feetwolf  
#152 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2021 10:22:18 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Slashed_999 Go to Quoted Post

Hi, 

I had a issue with the expansion on G8.1F. I think you may help me a bit.

First, the texture generation script sometimes read the wrong character name. So for some character it was only "Genesis 8.1 female". This some time may cause conflict. But it was rare.

Secondly, after applying. The render on "Genitalia" surface seems weired. Some part seems overlapping.

We have communicated via email. 

dance2xtc  
#153 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2021 2:24:54 PM(UTC)
dance2xtc

Hi there,

I´ve got a problem with NGV8 and EasyPants (Geoshell Pants). I am doing the following:

First I load Genesis 8 Female and aplly all Body and Face morps of Vika to it.
Then I apply NGV8 via the Expansion Pack.
After that I apply the geoshell of Easy Pants, and to that I apply the Easypants Texture.
The "Genitalia" region of the Easypants Geoshell stays transparent, as well as "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus"
and "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia" regions.
Next I copy the Torso Surface of the Easypants shell and paste it to the "Genitalia" region - and voi la, the texture of the pant appears. When i do the same to "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" and "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia" regions, nothing happens.
While in the "Genitalia" region the texture map automatically switches to "easypants", in the two other regions it says "Victoria7", here I could choose of many maps, but not the easypants map, it´s not available in the dropdown.

Is there a way to get the Easypants map into "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" and "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia" regions, somehow?

The second girl in the image is the same character without genitals, here the geoshell pants work normally.

thanx for the great asset, any help will be appreciated!

Edited by user Wednesday, December 29, 2021 2:29:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dance2xtc attached the following image(s):
Issue.jpg
BrotherHades  
#154 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2021 6:37:52 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 303 time(s) in 240 post(s)

Originally Posted by: dance2xtc Go to Quoted Post

Hi there,

I´ve got a problem with NGV8 and EasyPants (Geoshell Pants). I am doing the following:

After that I apply the geoshell of Easy Pants, and to that I apply the Easypants Texture.
The "Genitalia" region of the Easypants Geoshell stays transparent, as well as "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus"
Next I copy the Torso Surface of the Easypants shell and paste it to the "Genitalia" region - and voi la, the texture of the pant appears. When i do the same to "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" and "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia" regions, nothing happens.
While in the "Genitalia" region the texture map automatically switches to "easypants", in the two other regions it says "Victoria7", here I could choose of many maps, but not the easypants map, it´s not available in the dropdown.

Is there a way to get the Easypants map into "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" and "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia" regions, somehow?

The second girl in the image is the same character without genitals, here the geoshell pants work normally.

With easy pants using its own UV the only option I know of would be 3feetwolf would have to create a separate UV file for New Gens to match the New Gens to the Easypants UVs (Similar to the work required on the Genesis 3 era characters which all had separate UV maps.)

thanks 2 users thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 12/30/2021(UTC), dance2xtc on 1/1/2022(UTC)
dance2xtc  
#155 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 9:07:12 AM(UTC)
dance2xtc

I´m not shure if this will work.

If I make a geoshell of a body, as far as I understand this, the geoshell covers the entire geometry of the body, including the genitalia. This would lead to pants with labia.

I made a test: I unhid the geometry that is hidden by 3feetwolfs geograft, and so the pants geoshell had not only the pussy geometry but also the geometry beyond it, without the pussy. When I then applied the torso texture to the non pussy crotch geometry of the geoshell everything was like I wanted it, despite the fact, that the pussy of the girl then interferes with the unhidden non pussy geometry of the girl itself. So: to get this to work, I need to do exactly that, and additionally to hide the non pussy geometry of the girl itself. But I dont know how to do this without hiding it on the pants geoshell - Is there a way? In my opinion this would be the only way to overcome this problem.
What u get in the end then would be exactly what one wants: A defined pussy on the girl, and a perfectly mapped color non pussy geometry on the pants. The only thing I had to do was to increase the offset of the pants geoshell to 0.55 to cover the labia of the girls pussy.

The other thing I tried was: I made a pants geoshell on the girl with no geograft, and translated it to the body of the girl with the pussy, then parented it to this girl, it fitted perfectly with the same offset of 0.55, but I could not get it to move with the girl who has the pussy, it still moves with the girl it was made for, even if it is parented to the girl with the pussy.
3feetwolf  
#156 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 10:48:17 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi there,

Hi, 

If I understand correctly, you seem to want the crotch of the pants to show the shape of the private parts when the character puts on the pants? If this is the case, I think it would be more convenient to make a private part shape morph for G8F. 

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
dance2xtc on 1/1/2022(UTC)
dance2xtc  
#157 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2021 8:11:45 AM(UTC)
dance2xtc

Hi 3feetwolf,

thanx for chiming in here! (I hoped for that). No, that´s what I want to avoid, I want the pants to show just the normal crotch without the "private parts", while the body has them.(Just like it is in the real world). In the last post I described 2 ways to achieve that, while showing the correct textures on both, the Female private parts and the crotch of the pants.
But that is not easy, because ether way I try to achiever that, there is a problem:

when I take a girl without the private parts, the pants work normally, but then girl doesent have them
when I take a girl with the private parts, the pants will show no texture (be transparent) on those two parts: "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" and "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia", on the bigger part, the "genitalia" (the part that covers the front and back of the legs and stomach) I am able to copy in the the torso texture and chose the easy pants mapping, so this part works, but the "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" and "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia" parts won´t work, becaus here I don´t get the easypants mapping.
So I made 2 "workarounds" to achieve the "normal look" (private parts with textures on the girl, normal crotch on the pants with correct pants texture):

workaround nr1: I create an easypants shell on the girl without the private parts, here it works correct, then I copy the pants shell to the character with the private parts and parent it to that character, but even when I parent the shell to the girl with the private parts it still will follow the morphs and poses of the character without the private parts (the character it was initially made for). So in short: A sort of shell transfer between characters won`t work.

workaround nr2: I create an easypants shell on the girl with the private parts, which then shows no texture on those two surfaces: "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" and "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia, what means that the private parts of the girl are visible despite she wears pants, becaus these two regions of the pants are transparent.(like on the screenshot I added to my first post)
So I unhide the girls geometry that is hidden by your geograft (the crotch without the private parts), then I am able to texture that part on the geoshell of the pants and everything looks correct on the pants now (with a shell offset of 0.55), but on the girl I have now both geometries visible, the crotch with the private parts and the crotch without the private parts, which I obviously don´t want.
If I could hide the standard crotch on the girl without hiding it on the geoshell of the pants, this workaround would work, but I don´t know how to do that, maybe you know a way?

dance2xtc  
#158 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2022 3:01:45 PM(UTC)
dance2xtc

First of all I´d like to wish You all a pleasent NEW Year and all your dreams come true!

Second:
I almost got everything to work now as I intended. I made a transparency map for the Genitalia Area of your geograft and put it into the cutout opacity slot. It does indeed hide the standard crotch on the Girls skin, leaving only the "private parts" visible. But theres also a drawback: It does - why so ever - something wired to the "Genitalia" area of the body: It scatters the transparent area all across the geometry of the "Genitalia" area of your geograft. Can somebody tell me how to do this right? When I put the transparency map into the diffuse slot of that area, everything semms to be as it should, but as soon as I put it into the cutout transparency slot, it messes all up.

Fast-Fertig.jpg
Fast-Fertig_pants.jpg
3feetwolf  
#159 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2022 10:25:24 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

First of all I´d like to wish You all a pleasent NEW Year and all your dreams come true!

Second:
I almost got everything to work now as I intended. I made a transparency map for the Genitalia Area of your geograft and put it into the cutout opacity slot. It does indeed hide the standard crotch on the Girls skin, leaving only the "private parts" visible. But theres also a drawback: It does - why so ever - something wired to the "Genitalia" area of the body: It scatters the transparent area all across the geometry of the "Genitalia" area of your geograft. Can somebody tell me how to do this right? When I put the transparency map into the diffuse slot of that area, everything semms to be as it should, but as soon as I put it into the cutout transparency slot, it messes all up.

Hi, 

Thank you for your detailed explanation and wish you a happy new year. I will get the pants for testing to see if I can find a solution for you. 

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
dance2xtc on 1/2/2022(UTC)
dance2xtc  
#160 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2022 11:19:02 AM(UTC)
dance2xtc

Hi,

Thank you for your continued interest in this topic, that´s very kind of you!

As I said I´m very, very close, and today I got even closer, after doing a lot of research and testing. What I did was the following:

I sacrificed a small polygon between the toes (which I even don´t find anymore) to unhide the crotch with no private parts hidden by NGV8.
Then I made a new surface of the previous hidden polygons and named it private parts standard, which appeared then in the surfaces of Vikka - on this surface I set the cutout opacity to 0 to hide it again, this time via the shader, instead of hiding the polygons.
Because I did this, on the geoshell of the pants I got a transparent area as well in which I copied the surface of the Torso of the pants geoshell - and voi la - everything looked and worked as desired!
Only at the front and the back of your geograft (your private parts) two small artifacts appeared, which I can´t imagine where they come from.

If you give me an e-mail address of yours I could supply you the easypants stuff for testing....(cause Upload here does not work for me)

Edited by user Sunday, January 2, 2022 11:43:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Artifacts-one.jpg
Artifacts-two.jpg
Artifacts-three.jpg
Artifacts-four.jpg