14 Pages«<56789>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
seismeec  
#121 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 4:52:13 PM(UTC)
seismeec

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

So I followed the instructions at DAZ forums (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/467201/step-by-step-using-the-new-pbr-skin-on-genesis-8), i.e. applied the PBR shader, re-ran the update materials script - no luck.

Same result.

Tried completely from scratch again - same result.

Would be great if somebody who got this working could explain how it's done. Thanks.

3feetwolf  
#122 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 10:28:49 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 258 time(s) in 144 post(s)

Originally Posted by: seismeec Go to Quoted Post

So I followed the instructions at DAZ forums (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/467201/step-by-step-using-the-new-pbr-skin-on-genesis-8), i.e. applied the PBR shader, re-ran the update materials script - no luck.

Same result.

Tried completely from scratch again - same result.

Would be great if somebody who got this working could explain how it's done. Thanks.

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I compared the installation package on my pc with the installation package on Renderotica, and found that the installation package on Renderotica is still the old version. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience...

I will try to upload the latest installation package again. Before that, you can download the NGV8 script file from the link below and replace the old file with it. 

https://mega.nz/file/M7gTgYqL#PVmWKKj0K_VwbXwtF7p6EHnJFlDi2ZetMmzYISqUCu8

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
seismeec on 3/4/2021(UTC)
BrotherHades  
#123 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 10:59:59 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 300 time(s) in 239 post(s)

Here is the step by step of how I've gotten it to work most of the time so far. 

Load V8.1

Load NGV8

Run Material Update script if needed

Select NGV8 in Scene Tab

Open Surfaces Tab (It helps if you have it set to Editor sub tab)

Select New Gens in Surfaces so that both surfaces are highlighted

Apply Daz Iray PBRSkin  

thanks 2 users thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
seismeec on 3/4/2021(UTC), 3feetwolf on 3/6/2021(UTC)
DimitarCCenev  
#124 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 1:39:44 AM(UTC)
DimitarCCenev

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Is there any news about G8.1F version of expansion pack? There is different material script that may solve most of people problems.
seismeec  
#125 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 5:17:39 AM(UTC)
seismeec

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Here is the step by step of how I've gotten it to work most of the time so far.

Load V8.1

Load NGV8

Run Material Update script if needed

Select NGV8 in Scene Tab

Open Surfaces Tab (It helps if you have it set to Editor sub tab)

Select New Gens in Surfaces so that both surfaces are highlighted

Apply Daz Iray PBRSkin  

Thanks very much, this worked for the non-HD V8.1 at my site, but for whichever reason not for the HD version.

Anyway, after using 3feetwolf's shared file, everything worked even w/o running the update material script out-of-the-box 

Happy to got back support for my favorite gen implementation.

Thank you both!!!

3feetwolf  
#126 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2021 9:28:19 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: DimitarCCenev Go to Quoted Post
Is there any news about G8.1F version of expansion pack? There is different material script that may solve most of people problems.

I have checked the product list, the g8.1f version is still under review.

DimitarCCenev  
#127 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 3:04:12 AM(UTC)
DimitarCCenev

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The new version of expansion pack is available now....however in my opinion it not works well with G8.1F. when i try to apply the genitalia it apply it but without any textures. Also texture generation script seems to generate textures at wrong place and then they are searched also at wrong place.
I believe getCharName functions are wrong in both scripts.
3feetwolf  
#128 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 10:22:50 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: DimitarCCenev Go to Quoted Post
The new version of expansion pack is available now....however in my opinion it not works well with G8.1F. when i try to apply the genitalia it apply it but without any textures. Also texture generation script seems to generate textures at wrong place and then they are searched also at wrong place.
I believe getCharName functions are wrong in both scripts.

Hi,
I have test the expansion pack scripts, they run properly in my daz studio. 

I also compared the installation package uploaded to renderotica. The files in it are all correct versions. 

Could you please tell me the path of the wrong directory? I will try to reproduce this problem on my pc. 

3feetwolf attached the following image(s):
Untitled-1.jpg
simontemplar  
#129 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 12:10:32 PM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Which addon are we talking about?
Also, since I'm passing by: Pubic Hair for New Gens, (on V6) was great. It generated some nice bushes. Any chance we ever see
something that works in a similar way for generation 8 one day, in a curlier way? :3
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
thanks 1 user thanked simontemplar for this useful post.
Akirael on 4/5/2021(UTC)
BrotherHades  
#130 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 5:10:39 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post

Also, since I'm passing by: Pubic Hair for New Gens, (on V6) was great. It generated some nice bushes. Any chance we ever see
something that works in a similar way for generation 8 one day, in a curlier way? :3

Pubic Hair for New Gens V8 has been out for quite a while, though I don't know how well it compares to the set for V6 (It is one of the small amount of 3Feetwolf's products I don't have)

simontemplar  
#131 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 5:22:52 PM(UTC)
simontemplar

They don't work the same way, for all I know. the V6 version generated the hair geometries on the fly, while the G8 uses prebuilt bushes.
3feetwolf  
#132 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 10:34:14 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Although I haven't tried it yet, I believe that DAZ Strand based hair can now be used to create p hair. I'm not sure if there is already such a product in the store

simontemplar  
#133 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 11:37:56 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Somehow, your V6 product gave a result that I prefer to what strand based hair can provide. The strand based hair thing creates hair that looks very rigid.
The tuning options for curling, inward and outward extension were really great :)
3feetwolf on 3/12/2021(UTC)
firedragon19  
#134 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2021 1:35:32 AM(UTC)
firedragon19

Hi

I need some help with combining nvg8 and aeon soul's dirt skin layer. The problem is when I add the skin layer to the gen 8 model (with nvg8), the genitalia area goes white. After that, I switched off the surfaces of the ngv8 in the dirt layer paramaters tab and now at least the white part is off now but the genital area still doesn't match the skin.

Is it possible to apply the dirt layer correctly to the genital area?

Any help will be appreciated. 

simontemplar  
#135 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2021 3:43:40 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Which dirt set is it? "Skin Effects: Dirt elements for Genesis 3 and 8 Females"?
BrotherHades  
#136 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2021 10:28:46 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Originally Posted by: firedragon19 Go to Quoted Post

Hi

I need some help with combining nvg8 and aeon soul's dirt skin layer. The problem is when I add the skin layer to the gen 8 model (with nvg8), the genitalia area goes white. After that, I switched off the surfaces of the ngv8 in the dirt layer paramaters tab and now at least the white part is off now but the genital area still doesn't match the skin.

The dirt layer shell doesn't contain map/material information for the new gens, so when it loads even though the surfaces will show up under the Dirt Shell, the information isn't there so you get white on those surfaces, usually you are correct in turning those surfaces off. However in this case what you want to do is to manually copy and paste the torso surface from the shell to the new gens surfaces on the dirt shell. You may have to apply the shader to match the torso surface on the dirt shell to the new gens dirt shell surfaces first, by default unused surfaces like that will have the daz studio default shader (3delight) used rather than Iray Uber. And where a materials preset will change the shader, copying and pasting from one surface to another will not change the shader, so it will need changed manually.

thanks 3 users thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 3/25/2021(UTC), Akirael on 4/5/2021(UTC), megagearx on 7/15/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#137 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 9:23:11 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: firedragon19 Go to Quoted Post

Hi

BrotherHades is right. If you encounter difficulties in manual modification, you can also try the script I wrote. But I only tested it on a few geometry shell props, not sure if it will work for you. 

1. Apply NGV8 to your character

2. Apply geometry shell props to your character

3. Select geometry shell props node in the Scene pane and then run this script

File Attachment(s):
Compatible_with_Geometry_Shell8.1.dsa.zip (2kb) downloaded 43 time(s).
simontemplar  
#138 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 3:14:54 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

If I may add my pinch of salt there, and assuming that I understood everything properly:
marccollins, you want to have pubes on your character's lovebits and make her wear panties over that. If the pubes are to be entirely
covered by the undergarment, then switching the pubes visibility will work well. If you want to have some parts of the pubes still visible
around the edges of the panties, then, the Geometry Editor tool is your friend. You can use it to select all of the pubes that need to be
hidden and attribute it a new surface. Then, in your surface tab, you can set this surface to have zero opacity.
Of course, this will not adress a csituation where see-through underwear would leave pubes partially visible underneath but it's a start :)
3feetwolf on 5/23/2021(UTC)
MidnightWatcher  
#139 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 3:20:00 AM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
If I may add my pinch of salt there, and assuming that I understood everything properly:
marccollins, you want to have pubes on your character's lovebits and make her wear panties over that. If the pubes are to be entirely
covered by the undergarment, then switching the pubes visibility will work well. If you want to have some parts of the pubes still visible
around the edges of the panties, then, the Geometry Editor tool is your friend. You can use it to select all of the pubes that need to be
hidden and attribute it a new surface. Then, in your surface tab, you can set this surface to have zero opacity.
Of course, this will not adress a csituation where see-through underwear would leave pubes partially visible underneath but it's a start :)

Right, there are actually a number of ways to address this, form mesh grabber, dformer, geometry hide, texture opacity maps, fit controls, blender, zbrush take your pick.

thanks 1 user thanked MidnightWatcher for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 5/23/2021(UTC)
simontemplar  
#140 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 3:30:04 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Zbrush scares the bejezas out of me :D It's not 3d, it's not 2d... it's lovecraft's non-euclidian geometry :)