5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pushee-Ri  
#21 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2023 9:20:27 AM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 187 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Hi G315t

"Whats wrong with "old clothed dude accompanied by half naked 21 year old girl?" I also have an image like that in my Gallery. :-D

It just shows the reality of that business"

Do you mean your "Richard Party Time" picture? The guy is really old ... but the girl/woman is not half or fully naked - she is clothed. And you are right: the picture has the intention to show the reality of that business. So pictures like yours were certainly not meant when I wrote my comment :-)

topspin  
#22 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2023 2:24:32 PM(UTC)
topspin

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 36 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Finister Go to Quoted Post

Poser and DAZ had a learning curve, but with AI someone just needs to add text inputs. the text inputs have their own creative uniqueness perhaps.

You hear people _say_ that -- but if you want to do anything at all interesting, get two figures doing something to each other for example, particularly something sexual -- that's hours of work.

The technology is now evolving incredibly quickly, and the biggest new thing is "ControlNet", which basically allows you to pose "figures" (although figures don't really exist in Stable Diffusion) to guide the models to the kind of pose you want.

Its a different way of doing things to Daz or Blender, with strengths and weaknesses.

Like both of them, the uninspired and the lazy will load up something that they got from somewhere else, click "render" and get something mediocre. Getting something more than mediocre, that requires a lot of wrangling.

For Poser veterans, particularly those vendors who own and sell valuable assets -- its time to at least consider looking at how to sell variations of those assets into the Stable Diffusion community. There are lots of folks selling "prompts" for a lot of money, also folks selling models (which are not 3D models, more a statitiscal model of imagery).  There's money to be made there, and there's money to be made in precisely the categories of imagery that Renderotica vendors have been selling -- but its going to need getting acquainted with the technology and figuring out what and how to sell.

thanks 1 user thanked topspin for this useful post.
Pushee-Ri on 2/21/2023(UTC)
Pushee-Ri  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2023 12:29:45 AM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 187 time(s) in 171 post(s)

Originally Posted by: topspin Go to Quoted Post

The technology is now evolving incredibly quickly, and the biggest new thing is "ControlNet", which basically allows you to pose "figures" (although figures don't really exist in Stable Diffusion) to guide the models to the kind of pose you want.

That sounds very interesting. If only I had more time ... but my 3D to-do list is getting longer instead of shorter

One of the main reasons I started 3D a long time ago was the - very specific - idea for a graphic novel. OK - the other reason is: I love semi-nude and wet erotica

When AI eventually becomes more controllable - and my to-do list smaller - I'll definitely take a closer look and try to realize my idea with a mix of Blender, DAZ, PhotoShop, FilterForge etc.

Thank you for your interesting post(s)

thanks 1 user thanked Pushee-Ri for this useful post.
topspin on 2/21/2023(UTC)
Fixer  
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2023 11:27:47 AM(UTC)
Fixer

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 61 post(s)

Personally I'm not bothered about it, just as long as they are labeled as such, which they seem to be at the moment, with a separate category, which there is. For me, it will only become an issue if someone tries to pass it off as Poser or DS, or their own work....Relying on people's honesty isn't always rewarded...

topspin  
#25 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2023 7:19:50 PM(UTC)
topspin

Originally Posted by: Fixer Go to Quoted Post

Personally I'm not bothered about it, just as long as they are labeled as such, which they seem to be at the moment, with a separate category, which there is. For me, it will only become an issue if someone tries to pass it off as Poser or DS, or their own work....Relying on people's honesty isn't always rewarded...

Hard to see why anyone would try to pass it off as Poser or DS . . . the quality is so much better. And the difference in quality is pretty obvious -- its only a very few people who can do 3D rendering with image quality comparable to Stable Diffusion (a few can, obviously . . . but not many).

I've been mucking around in 3D for a long time, and with a lot of time and effort I can almost, sometimes, get an image that I like out of Poser and Daz. iRay was a huge improvement, obviously.

. . . but what I'm able to in Stable Diffusion so far exceeds anything I've ever done in Poser/DS . . .

Ironically, Larry Weinberg's "Poser" was originally a concept for posing models for artists - for Stable Diffusion, you can now use ControlNet to take a "pose" from DS and apply it in Stable Diffusion. Expect to see this workflow integrated into posing software very quickly.

The speed of advance is so fast . . . look at the Daz images and basically, they could be renders from ten years ago. Folks still using V4 for a lot of things.

When you think about it, folks have been using basically the same imaging technology with qualitative iterations, for a very long time (V3 2002, V4 2006 -- in  lot of situations V4 is still pretty much as good as Genesis figures, given the extensive history of content for V4.)

ZenMaster3D  
#26 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2023 9:28:16 PM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 97 post(s)

I think all of this is hilarious.

Here you are, thinking that you've come up with someting new and yet... had you bothered to dive into this thing more thoroughly...

It's nothing new!

(edit): Search youtube for: "reason a-list guitarist".

^ Here's "AI" playing an accoustic guitar 8 years ago.

(edit): Search youtube for "ni electric sunburst".

^ There's "Electric Sunburst", electic guitar AI playing 5 years ago.

awwww, crap... external URL's are a no no here, it's all youtube but... I respect them rules.

Thing is: we've been here before, digital audio is way more static than people think. Seriously: the hits of this century? I hear familiar 808's, 909's and familiar percussion patterns. Some things don't change. And yet...  ^ see above. 10 years ago we already had efforts to automate background percussion, background jams and .. even more. HECK, Synths themselves should have taught you that...   NOPE.

AI is overhyped, just like it has been 10 years prior within the field of digital audio.

Not to mention... ChatGTP?  It's not that much different from chatterbots back in the 90's. Seriously...   it responds to keywords and in return presents you with a text. Been there, done that. The main difference: bigger databases with stuff to respond to.

No personal offense intended but you're delusional if you think that this is going to change anything. HECK, men and women still have differences to understand each other sometimes, and unless you manage to solve THAT no AI is gonna fix anything.

topspin  
#27 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 3:01:26 PM(UTC)
topspin

Originally Posted by: ZenMaster3D Go to Quoted Post

I think all of this is hilarious.

Here you are, thinking that you've come up with someting new and yet... had you bothered to dive into this thing more thoroughly...

It's nothing new!

(edit): Search youtube for: "reason a-list guitarist".

^ Here's "AI" playing an accoustic guitar 8 years ago.

(edit): Search youtube for "ni electric sunburst".

Its changing everything. Right now.

No offense, but its a revolution, and I've been following AI generated art for a long time. What you're referring to are mediocre images posted quite a long time ago. They were mediocre, but that ain't what's being rendered today, and we already know that there's a pipeline of further dramatic improvements coming,

The reason I've gone to the trouble of alerting folks is that the quality of AI in the last six months, rather like the quality of other AI applications, has seen explosive growth

If you haven't looked at AI generated imagery done _recently_  - then you haven't looked at AI generated imagery.

Just take a look at what I've been posting as an example of a _beginner_ in using Stable Diffusion. For reference -- I started out in 3D in the 1990s, worked in 3D Studio, Lightwave, Poser, Blender and Daz -- and I couldn't begin to produce the quality of images at this speed and and with this kind of creative capability.

Take a look at, say, this - did it last night. Was fun to do - took a while to get it just how I wanted, but there's simply no way I'd have gotten to this point, ever, in Daz or Blender. So, yeah, this is changing everything, and very quickly. What's being done today knocks my socks off everyday, and the list of what's coming is astonishing. Not to mention that there's ferocious competition between the biggest players - Google, OpenAI, Midjourney, Nvidia and more - amounts of money and talent that dwarf even Adobe, much less Daz.

https://imgur.com/a/EmdICAa
https://i.imgur.com/iGUAOJl.jpg

yakitoo on 2/27/2023(UTC)
davo  
#28 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 8:38:24 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 167 post(s)
I love the look and feel of the AI stuff, it's more akin to graphic art and I look forward to seeing how I can use AI to apply an art style I like (rather than create a new image entirely). I hate photo-real and skip over 99.9 percent of the bondage art that's 3d. I have to embrace DS because it's the community standard but can't stand trying to make things so photo realistic. I grew up on the likes of Frazetta and Boris Valejo and love their style to this day, even some of the anime styles I like, if AI can convert a rendered image to that new style without changing anything else about the image, I'm looking forward to that.
thanks 2 users thanked davo for this useful post.
Fixer on 2/27/2023(UTC), yakitoo on 2/27/2023(UTC)
Velshtein  
#29 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 9:50:24 PM(UTC)
Velshtein

Was thanked: 321 time(s) in 308 post(s)

Originally Posted by: davo Go to Quoted Post
I love the look and feel of the AI stuff, it's more akin to graphic art and I look forward to seeing how I can use AI to apply an art style I like (rather than create a new image entirely). I hate photo-real and skip over 99.9 percent of the bondage art that's 3d. I have to embrace DS because it's the community standard but can't stand trying to make things so photo realistic. I grew up on the likes of Frazetta and Boris Valejo and love their style to this day, even some of the anime styles I like, if AI can convert a rendered image to that new style without changing anything else about the image, I'm looking forward to that.

The artworks of Frazetta and Boris rocks. Good choices to be inspired by Davo. 

thanks 1 user thanked Velshtein for this useful post.
Fixer on 2/27/2023(UTC)
davo  
#30 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 10:20:17 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 167 post(s)
I think those 2 artists set the standard for modern fantasy art. If anybody remembers NVIATWAS that was what those 3d enthusiasts were trying to do. I really do wish this site tried to embrace more artistic style artwork rather than photo real, that's where the artist comes out IMHO.
topspin  
#31 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2023 2:31:46 AM(UTC)
topspin

So, it can't 'convert a rendered image to a new style without changing anything else"  - because the artist never painted that exact picture. It can get close, but it takes a lot of work. That's one of the things folks don't understand about these applications - if you're trying to do something in the style of, say, Norman Rockwell or Andrew Wyeth - just saying "Wyeth style" won't cut it. You'll get something . . . but if you want it to really fit, you have to understand the kinds of subjects Wyeth did and didn't paint, and so on. The essence of a good pastiche means understanding plausible subject matter.

It also means having a good eye and rejecting a lot of things. Think of Stable Diffusion as a being a capricious but talented commercial artist - it'll do what you tell it, but you have to understand something about art to get anything good out of it; basically, you're the art director. If you just say "most beautiful girl in the world, big tits like a Playboy model, trending on *deleted*"- you'll get that. It'll look pretty much the same as the zillions of other people who type the same prompt.

Getting something that's genuinely good - that reminds you of the spirit of Frazetta or Vallejo - that means tossing out a %99 of what gets produced, taking the %1, inpainting and outpainting till you get something that's satisfactory. Its actually a lot more like the process in commericial illustration.

Folks who imagine that its a "click and art magically happens" thing . . . haven't done it. Its easy to produce bad AI art, just as its easy to produce Poser dreck.

. . . to produce good images, takes a lot of engagement, and to work in an artist's style, that takes a lot of aesthetic understanding.

Edited by moderator Monday, February 27, 2023 1:27:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Community Policy - Underage Imagery

thanks 2 users thanked topspin for this useful post.
Fixer on 2/27/2023(UTC), yakitoo on 2/27/2023(UTC)
topspin  
#32 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2023 4:16:39 PM(UTC)
topspin

I think those 2 artists set the standard for modern fantasy art. If anybody remembers NVIATWAS that was what those 3d enthusiasts were trying to do. I really do wish this site tried to embrace more artistic style artwork rather than photo real, that's where the artist comes out IMHO.

I've started taking a look at Vallejo and Frazetta. The short form is -- its going to be hard. The thing of it is -- they're good artists, and they used their talents with a lot of discretion, even though it looks very over-the-top, they actually modulate tone. I generated a pile of these to with varying prompts and feedbacks -- none of them rate as finished product, obviously - but this gives you an idea of how Stable Diffusion works in an artists hands. its not "magical prompt and now you have art" -- its "get some pieces, and then sttch them in Photoshop, and then send them back to Stable Diffusion with new iterated prompts" --  that's how you get some interesting things.

But since folks may be interested in seeing what "the raw material" is like coming from some of these prompts, here is it is. One of the thing I noticed was that nearly any mention of men and muscles gives rise to a lot of homoerotic material - nothing wrong with that, but if you're going for, say, Conan - you're skating this very fine edge . . . Frazetta and Vallejo merge into Tom of Finland really easily. You can also see that other than hints of particular images, the style isn't really all that distinct from other fantasty artists, Hildebrandts, Barry Windsor Smith and so on. So that's just one of the many reasons why the folks who're trashing AI art don't know what they're talking about -- to get something good, you have to really understand what art is about. It ain't just click a button "make art" - there is a button, but if you don't do anything more with it, what you get is pretty much the same as image that just got clicked. Like loading V4 into Poser and clicking "render"

All of these  have major things wrong -stylistically, anatomically and compositionally. But they also all have some things that are right . . . so that's how you do AI art, the interesting kind anyway. Generate ideas, stick them in your sketchbook, think about how they might work in a composition, rework the stuff that doesn't work and so on. So I think we'll see these again, but I have to figure out what to do with them first

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

yakitoo on 3/1/2023(UTC)
Darkseal  
#33 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2023 1:02:32 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 95 post(s)

I've put in the work these last 9 month with ai. I did a commission for a client that took 4 days to make. The work has shifted for content creation, that is all. I'm not going to go into any detail about my thoughts, I dont think I'll change anyone's mind here. As a content creator for the markeplaces for some time, my main hope is that, since it and the derivitives of, are all 100% legal and, depending on license can be commercial free, My main hope is that places that I've been making content for over a decade could find a way to open an ai marketplace. This is the result of some work I've done for a client. Not the girls, the ball gag harness. These renders take me about 10 seconds on 8gb 2070. I would never get these results in octane, the plugin I use for poser. You feel me?

Animation still needs work, but the workflow to stablize that exists, just  don't have $300 for divinci software for their "deflicker". I have other more fun video conversions. I wish it was accepted here with open arms. I have so much to show you all.... if you'd only welcome it.

Edited by user Friday, March 17, 2023 1:10:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Darkseal for this useful post.
Sutut on 3/17/2023(UTC)
topspin  
#34 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2023 10:10:23 PM(UTC)
topspin

Originally Posted by: Darkseal Go to Quoted Post

I've put in the work these last 9 month with ai. I did a commission for a client that took 4 days to make. The work has shifted for content creation, that is all. I'm not going to go into any detail about my thoughts, I dont think I'll change anyone's mind here. As a content creator for the markeplaces for some time, my main hope is that, since it and the derivitives of, are all 100% legal and, depending on license can be commercial free, My main hope is that places that I've been making content for over a decade could find a way to open an ai marketplace. This is the result of some work I've done for a client. Not the girls, the ball gag harness. These renders take me about 10 seconds on 8gb 2070. I would never get these results in octane, the plugin I use for poser. You feel me?

No argument from me. I'm all in on AI.  I'm still using Daz to do things like pose hands, and Blender to model some things . .. but this is a tidal wave, and the incredible thing is that the rate of change is increasing, just look at the Midjourney 5 developments today. Sadly Midjourney ain't friendly to NSFW, but you're already seeing Midjourney like models in Stable Diffusion.

Darkseal  
#35 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2023 12:51:23 AM(UTC)
Darkseal

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 95 post(s)

I tried out the node based gui, it's nice and simple. The animation tool that are coming are INSANE!!! And yes th new midjourney looks nice but I'll just wait for the open source model that gets trained from it's .datasets :P Honestly the rate of growth is wild. I've got over 300gb of models and over 100gb of loras and I have probably deleted half of them!

BoobsAcademy  
#36 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2023 4:36:08 AM(UTC)
BoobsAcademy

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Finister Go to Quoted Post

What do you all think about AI art?

I did not think this fully through yet, but my main concern is, that with this little effort AI will produce such numbers of "art" that the single piece becomes meaningless.

You had this already with the step from analog to digital photography. The whole internet is flooded and the really good stuff ist hard to find.

In some cases artist are succsessful to make a brand on their person, but this doesnt mean quality.

thanks 1 user thanked BoobsAcademy for this useful post.
Darkseal on 3/22/2023(UTC)
topspin  
#37 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2023 1:07:02 PM(UTC)
topspin

Originally Posted by: BoobsAcademy Go to Quoted Post

I did not think this fully through yet, but my main concern is, that with this little effort AI will produce such numbers of "art" that the single piece becomes meaningless.

Rest assured -- it won't

Most AI artists -- can't do anything but "render pretty girl"

You can spew out a zillion "render pretty girl" - and folks get pretty bored of that.

In my own work that I post, I no longer do any AI that doesn't have an interesting setting, characters interacting with each other in an interesting way, or an aesthetically interesting stylization. And now I'm trying to all those things in one image.

So now I'm working on the current "Alien Invasion Challenge"  . .. but that's like, work.

That is, there's no prompt that gets you a whole coherent story . . . I've got bits and pieces, a death ray, a tentacle wrapped around a girl, a fleet of space ships . . . but pulling them together into a coherent image that tells a story and makes you say something more than "wow, another pretty girl, but this time she's green" --  the AI doesn't do that.

Think of it like a commercial artist, and you as an art director. It'll do what you tell it, more or less, but it won't figure out what your image is supposed to be.

So yeah . . . just as we're drowning in zillions of porn images from big studios  . . . . pornpen will produce a trillion versions of "Hot blonde milf, cutest ever, big boobs".

My aim is to post things that are in some way different, that have a mood and/or action that's unusual, that you don't look at and say "thanks for the 10 zillionth copy of something marginally different than what I've seen before"

. . . but its been that way with Poser and Daz . . . you _can_ render out as many images of a naked Posette as you like. With iRay and a modern Nvidia card, its very efficient. Set up the scene nicely, with a good HDRI, load a model that someone else made and - hey presto-- a thousand images a day, if anyone wants to look at them. Of course, no one does, not even the folks who made them.

thanks 2 users thanked topspin for this useful post.
BoobsAcademy on 3/21/2023(UTC), Darkseal on 3/22/2023(UTC)
BoobsAcademy  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 7:14:22 AM(UTC)
BoobsAcademy

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)

Originally Posted by: topspin Go to Quoted Post

Rest assured -- it won't

Most AI artists -- can't do anything but "render pretty girl"

You can spew out a zillion "render pretty girl" - and folks get pretty bored of that.

In my own work that I post, I no longer do any AI that doesn't have an interesting setting, characters interacting with each other in an interesting way, or an aesthetically interesting stylization. And now I'm trying to all those things in one image.

So now I'm working on the current "Alien Invasion Challenge"  . .. but that's like, work.

That‘s the right attitude! I am curious what you come up with in the contest to see what AI is capable of at its best.

Hopefully someone will develop also an AI algorithm to clear the million "pretty girls" from our screens.

thanks 1 user thanked BoobsAcademy for this useful post.
slack71  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 11:16:08 AM(UTC)
slack71

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
So, while I do consider AI images a form of art and have seen some very interesting pieces, I do not think it should be on a site for 3d art even though it can create art that imitates 3d, it really is not. They should not be allowed for the contests and if AI is continued to be allowed here, there should be someway to separate it completely from actual 3d rendered images. Just because one thing looks like another does not mean it is actually the real thing. AI Art is going to destroy this site as I have already begun coming here less and less as the AI art grows. I am sure I am not the only one. I have noticed not as many new images are getting posted to the gallery and most of the ones that do get posted are AI Art. Not even going to enter the Alien contest because I see obvious AI art already entered.
thanks 3 users thanked slack71 for this useful post.
dbxxx on 3/21/2023(UTC), Darkseal on 3/22/2023(UTC), Meipe on 3/22/2023(UTC)
topspin  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 3:39:13 PM(UTC)
topspin

Originally Posted by: slack71 Go to Quoted Post
So, while I do consider AI images a form of art and have seen some very interesting pieces, I do not think it should be on a site for 3d art even though it can create art that imitates 3d, it really is not. They should not be allowed for the contests and if AI is continued to be allowed here, there should be someway to separate it completely from actual 3d rendered images. Just because one thing looks like another does not mean it is actually the real thing. AI Art is going to destroy this site as I have already begun coming here less and less as the AI art grows. I am sure I am not the only one. I have noticed not as many new images are getting posted to the gallery and most of the ones that do get posted are AI Art. Not even going to enter the Alien contest because I see obvious AI art already entered.

What I'd say is look at little harder at the subject.

There's a lot of bad, lazy AI, just as there's a lot of bad, lazy 3D art. Lots of folks can't be troubled to even try to light a scene, for example . . . this is years after HDRI and iRay revolutionized the possibilities for Daz/Poser art.  Much of what I see produced by Daz/Poser artists looks like the crude renderings you might have had of V4, almost 20 years ago.

. . . but of course, other folks invest huge energy in posing, lighting, materials -- and they come up with something completely original.

AI is like that . . . I suppose with the exception that some some entering a prompt "hottest girl ever, 4K, 8K, model, movie star, big tits, photorealistic" -- they'll get a competent boring photograph of the subject.

. . . but in general, bad lazy work without any idea -- pretty much is all boring.

AI is now implemented as plugins in Blender and Photoshop, and I imagine it will be in Daz too, I would bet on "any minute now"

It can be used in all sorts of ways. Daz users can use it simply to style an image, or to alter it slightly. As an example, here's the one remaining Daz image that I have posted here, and then some variations I generated on it from Stable Diffusion. You'll see the opportunity here -- I had an image that I kinda liked, but which had problems- stiff arms, no hair (though that was the idea at the time).

UserPostedImage

- that was %100 Daz, not really very impressive - a model, a set, about the only real creativity there is an unusual camera angle and nice lighting, but I never got the hair the way I wanted it, so I left it off.

Now I can generate a zillion variations on that image, fuel for tweaks, changes to styles and materials

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

. . . so that's just one way that Stable Diffusion can improve the output from your Daz images. It can, of course, do much much more. [None of these are things that I'd post -- all have little gotcha that need fixing - but look at how good it is in generating a consistent lighting and texture scenario across a scene, and how well the hair gets added.

. . . or you can produce a zillion crappy renders of a poorly posed, badly lit and textured model.

So it all really comes down to having a critical eye for your content - "what's good enough to be worth showing to someone else"?

Stable Diffusion rendering has already been implemented in Blender as a plugin, and I imagine it will arrive in Daz very soon . . .

So its not "3D or AI" - its "how do you use these tools to make interesting images"

- just as folks buy $3000 cameras and produce crap photos . . . so too these tools, its about what you do with the possibilities as much as the technology. . .

. . . this variation, which rendered it as a watercolor and changed a lof ot materials and lighting, I liked. You _can_ do non photorealistic rendering in iRay or Daz, of course, but Stable Diffusion route is so much faster, offers stylisitc consistency, generates lots of variations to consider.

UserPostedImage

. . . and here are two more versions, where I "loosened" the parameters (CFG and denoising) and "pushed" Stable Diffusion towards a different angle. Its much easier to quickly iterate through options like this in SD, vs Daz - but the essentials of the pose from Daz still remain, even if a lot has changed

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

Edited by user Tuesday, March 21, 2023 5:00:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified