41 Pages«<2526272829>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billyben  
#521 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 8:55:11 PM(UTC)
billyben

Was thanked: 1504 time(s) in 1278 post(s)
Did a forum search but didn't find anything so here goes.  Getting the following error when I try to apply the Material Example for NGV7.

I have downloaded a fresh copy of NGV7 abd the karren update and reinstalled and also downloaded and ran the script tool and still get the same error message when I click  on the Materials Example to apply it.  Not sure what I did wrong.

TIA,

Bill
Bill
I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused
therat1200  
#522 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 2:26:20 AM(UTC)
therat1200

Was thanked: 1456 time(s) in 1452 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Guttersnipe Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: therat1200 Go to Quoted Post
...One thing I've noticed with NGV7, which I still think is the best gen for V7 out there,  is that the anus texture is just about always too pale. And it looks particularly unrealistic on the darker skined girls. Now I haven't poured over the read me file to a great extent,so maybe I've missed something, but it would be great if there was an easy way to make it darker.
At the moment, I go into photoshop & edit the temporary d2 & d3 textures, which often takes me at least an hour, which is OK as long as I remember to save the finished texture somewhere other than the temporary folder.

I normally just open up the texture in the Daz layered art editor and switch the anus colour layers off (there are two of them). There's probably a more elegant solution though...

Thanks Guttersnipe. I just had a quick play & found I can alter the colour quite easily in LIE. No more bright assholes for me!

3feetwolf  
#523 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 7:51:10 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Senilis Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for making 3feetwolf Pubic Hair for NGV7. I see Guttersnipe has already submitted a request for Monique uv/texture. I ditto his request.

And to be anatomically correct will there also be "curly tight" pubic hair for those African heritage models? Majority of the lineage from Africa do not have straight pubic follicles.

Could you give me an example picture? I will try to use the existing shaping morphs to create the hairstyle you need. If I fail, I will make a new morph.

3feetwolf  
#524 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 8:31:19 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: billyben Go to Quoted Post
Did a forum search but didn't find anything so here goes.  Getting the following error when I try to apply the Material Example for NGV7.

I have downloaded a fresh copy of NGV7 abd the karren update and reinstalled and also downloaded and ran the script tool and still get the same error message when I click  on the Materials Example to apply it.  Not sure what I did wrong.

TIA,
Bill

Hi, you didn't do anything wrong.
It was my bad, I'm sorry that in this material preset, the file path of "GensMapNM_1009" is wrong.
But this error won't have any effect on the other functions of NGV7.
I have created a new material example, you just need to download and use it to overwrite the existing file:
https://www.dropbox.com/...20for%20Victoria%207.duf

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Guttersnipe on 12/11/2016(UTC)
Senilis  
#525 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 7:22:53 PM(UTC)
Senilis

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Senilis Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for making 3feetwolf Pubic Hair for NGV7. I see Guttersnipe has already submitted a request for Monique uv/texture. I ditto his request.

And to be anatomically correct will there also be "curly tight" pubic hair for those African heritage models? Majority of the lineage from Africa do not have straight pubic follicles.

Could you give me an example picture? I will try to use the existing shaping morphs to create the hairstyle you need. If I fail, I will make a new morph.

Sent via PM
thanks 1 user thanked Senilis for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 12/10/2016(UTC)
binkz  
#526 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 7:07:41 PM(UTC)
binkz

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi 3feetwolf!

I need some help again. I managed to change the color of the anus and the labia minora. (even though I had to change the color via the translucency color for some reason?)
But I just can't figure out how to change the color of the clitoral hood area. (as seen here: http://i.imgur.com/3RkfZQT.png)

Thanks a lot for all your efforts and best regards!
tattooedillusions  
#527 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 4:34:24 AM(UTC)
tattooedillusions

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hood area is part of the Torso section of the gens. What I do is just drop the opacity for that layer down a little bit until there's a decent blend. There could very well be a better way to do it but haven't messed with it too much. Just quicker for me to do it that way.
thanks 2 users thanked tattooedillusions for this useful post.
binkz on 12/12/2016(UTC), 3feetwolf on 12/13/2016(UTC)
binkz  
#528 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 8:56:37 AM(UTC)
binkz

Originally Posted by: tattooedillusions Go to Quoted Post
Hood area is part of the Torso section of the gens. What I do is just drop the opacity for that layer down a little bit until there's a decent blend. There could very well be a better way to do it but haven't messed with it too much. Just quicker for me to do it that way.

Thanks for the response and the idea, haven't thought of that yet! But the more I drop the opacity of the layer it gets a more and more red-ish tint. See here: http://i.imgur.com/LYO0heL.png
I'm still new to all this, but I think it might have something to do with the translucency color? But when I do change that the whole torso gets a different tint. 

Thanks and best regards!
3feetwolf  
#529 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:13:34 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: binkz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tattooedillusions Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the response and the idea, haven't thought of that yet! But the more I drop the opacity of the layer it gets a more and more red-ish tint. See here: http://i.imgur.com/LYO0heL.png
I'm still new to all this, but I think it might have something to do with the translucency color? But when I do change that the whole torso gets a different tint. 

Thanks and best regards!

Edit:
I think we can open the texture of Translucency Color with LIE, and then also lower the opacity of "GensMapSSS_1009" layer, so that the color of the hood will not be so red.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:39:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
tattooedillusions on 12/26/2016(UTC)
binkz  
#530 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:20:44 PM(UTC)
binkz

Edit:
I think we can open the texture of Translucency Color with LIE, and then also lower the opacity of "GensMapSSS_1009" layer, so that the color of the hood will not be so red.

Yes, that was it! Awesome, thank you both so much, again. Forgive me for having so many questions, haha.
KristinF  
#531 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 7:08:53 AM(UTC)
KristinF

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Guttersnipe Go to Quoted Post

I normally just open up the texture in the Daz layered art editor and switch the anus colour layers off (there are two of them). There's probably a more elegant solution though...
Brilliant tip Guttersnipe!

"The higher and more advanced the civilisation, the more perverted the sex" Aldous Huxley
3feetwolf  
#532 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:47:39 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Mrduck Go to Quoted Post
I am having a problem with http://www.daz3d.com/fan...aces-nargol-the-half-orc the gens do not have a texture on some of her skins

Hi Mrduck, sorry for the late reply.
I think I have finally found the problem.
In the script of NGV7, I use two functions, getTypeByName and getTypeByProperty, to identify the type of texture.
The script first calls 'getTypeByName', it will call 'getTypeByProperty' only when 'getTypeByName' does not recognize a texture.
When we run the script to apply new gens to Nargol, 'getTypeByName' incorrectly treats some of her diffuse textures as specular textures.
This causes the script to incorrectly use GensMapS_1009.jpg instead GensMapD_1009.jpg as the diffuse map of Labia Minora surface. So you can see the color of labia minora is gray.

I've modified the script of NGV7, it now use 'getTypeByProperty' to identify the texture only and it works fine on Nargol.
Please download the new script from the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k66ka2zbevyrrv9/New%20Genitalia%20For%20Victoria%207.dsa

3feetwolf  
#533 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:52:34 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: binkz Go to Quoted Post

Edit:

Yes, that was it! Awesome, thank you both so much, again. Forgive me for having so many questions, haha.

Not at all :)

Sae  
#534 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:57:32 PM(UTC)
Sae

Hi 3feetwolf,

Thank you for making Public Hair for NGV7. Now you probably busy working on Monique7 update.
Please find a time to make UVs support for V6 Legacy, I can't finish converting my models without it.

Thanks.
3feetwolf  
#535 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 9:57:27 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: nightwolf1982 Go to Quoted Post
Any word on Nata 3?

Uh, I'm very sorry for the delay, I have finished making the textures, but haven't begun to make correction morphs yet. I will release the Nata 3 free update after the pubic hair prop.

Cool, will be much appreciated when it comes out! 

Hi nightwolf :), I have finished the Nata 3 update, please go to the first page to download it.

3feetwolf  
#536 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 10:07:26 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Sae Go to Quoted Post
Hi 3feetwolf,

Thank you for making Public Hair for NGV7. Now you probably busy working on Monique7 update.
Please find a time to make UVs support for V6 Legacy, I can't finish converting my models without it.

Thanks.

Oh, I'm so sorry for making you wait such a long time...
I have never forgotten this work and have begun making the V6 update, I promise to finish it as soon as possiblepray

nightwolf1982  
#537 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:49:15 AM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Any word on Nata 3?

Uh, I'm very sorry for the delay, I have finished making the textures, but haven't begun to make correction morphs yet. I will release the Nata 3 free update after the pubic hair prop.

Cool, will be much appreciated when it comes out! 

Hi nightwolf :), I have finished the Nata 3 update, please go to the first page to download it.

3feetwolf, you are officially THE MAN!!!!  Many thanks indeed!

DoctorJellybean  
#538 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 11:05:54 AM(UTC)
DoctorJellybean

=======================================================================
Free updates:

https://www.dropbox.com/...4ajqr/update_for_G2F.zip

That appears to be for G3F, not G2F
3feetwolf  
#539 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:33:05 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: DoctorJellybean Go to Quoted Post
=======================================================================
Free updates:

https://www.dropbox.com/...4ajqr/update_for_G2F.zip

That appears to be for G3F, not G2F

Hi :) 
Sometimes you might want to use G2F textures on G3F, there is a tool called 'Legacy UVs G2F' can help you do this. After applying the G2F textures to a G3F character, this update allows you to add NGV7 to her.

3feetwolf  
#540 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2016 8:09:06 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Sae Go to Quoted Post
Hi 3feetwolf,

Thanks.

Hello :), V6 update has been uploaded, please go to the first page to download it.

thanks 3 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
tattooedillusions on 12/26/2016(UTC), Sae on 12/28/2016(UTC), amid152 on 12/30/2016(UTC)