2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
khoover  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2023 4:00:39 PM(UTC)
khoover

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Preprocess Character Textures file will not run -- Error

Excerpt from log file: Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 9/Anatomy/HD Nipples for Genesis 9/01 - Preprocess Character Textures.dse
2023-04-28 14:53:38.023 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 705
2023-04-28 14:53:38.023 [WARNING] :: TypeError: Result of expression 'oMap' [null] is not an object.

Hope this helps.

Oxidation1988  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2023 4:29:21 PM(UTC)
Oxidation1988

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

When I load in a character and have gen9 model selected I double click preprocessing and got the error "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more detail."

** EDIT **
The error stems from Victoria 9. I loaded in other models and they work just fine. I'm not sure if it effects other models other than Victoria 9. I'll list anymore I get this from.

Victoria 9,

HH Belle

Also good job 3feetwolf. The breast morphs from other creators like Breast Control from Zev works really well.

Edited by user Friday, April 28, 2023 7:59:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Oxidation1988 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 4/28/2023(UTC)
khoover  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2023 4:44:06 PM(UTC)
khoover

That's exactly the same error message I get. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
thanks 1 user thanked khoover for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 4/28/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2023 10:07:22 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Hi,
Thank you all for the feedback. After testing, this problem occurs on characters with detail maps. The code that handles these detail maps has a bug, which I have fixed. I will update the package later. Now you can download the attached script and overwrite the old one.
@khoover
@Oxidation1988
File Attachment(s):
script.zip (11kb) downloaded 50 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Oxidation1988 on 4/29/2023(UTC)
khoover  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2023 2:51:32 AM(UTC)
khoover

Thanks so much.
Oxidation1988  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2023 10:15:12 AM(UTC)
Oxidation1988

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
Thank you all for the feedback. After testing, this problem occurs on characters with detail maps. The code that handles these detail maps has a bug, which I have fixed. I will update the package later. Now you can download the attached script and overwrite the old one.
@khoover
@Oxidation1988

you rock :D

Planetshady69  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2023 2:44:44 AM(UTC)
Planetshady69

I have NGG9 which has been installed and loaded to my character but keep getting the error "You need to install New Genitalia for G9 (NGG9) first to continue running this script. Any ideas?

Have been using Julia 9 HD with no success...

Edited by user Sunday, April 30, 2023 3:15:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Matari81  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2023 12:14:36 PM(UTC)
Matari81

If they are installed to same directory have you tried applying the NG9 first then the HDN.  I loaded in that order and never had an issue.  Honestly don't think that should matter but ya never know.  

Edited by user Sunday, April 30, 2023 12:23:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Matari81 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 5/3/2023(UTC)
Planetshady69  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2023 4:31:06 PM(UTC)
Planetshady69

Originally Posted by: Matari81 Go to Quoted Post

If they are installed to same directory have you tried applying the NG9 first then the HDN.  I loaded in that order and never had an issue.  Honestly don't think that should matter but ya never know.  

Weird...I reinstalled it...overwrote the files and it now works...

btw @3feetwolf - once I got the colours right they look AMAZING - very happy with this purchase.  Well done.

Edited by user Sunday, April 30, 2023 4:38:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3feetwolf  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2023 9:55:46 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Planetshady69 Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Matari81 Go to Quoted Post

Weird...I reinstalled it...overwrote the files and it now works...

btw @3feetwolf - once I got the colours right they look AMAZING - very happy with this purchase.  Well done.

Thank you, I'm happy that you like it : )

gmretoica623  
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2023 7:00:07 PM(UTC)
gmretoica623

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 30 post(s)

Thank you for your product. I am running into a little dilemma here because I prefer the shape of your HD Nipples (as it basically matches the shape of the genesis 9 body) but I like the textures of breastacular better. I imagine it is possible that others feel the same, so I would like to humbly ask if you can create a few additional UV sets.

First, a UV set that basically matches exactly the base UV set of Genesis 9. I see that the "chest" surface basically has that except that the inside parts are cut out. If you could provide a UV set that keeps those inside parts in that, that would help. One reason I would like this is because I tried transferring the 8k detail maps from genesis 9 to HD Nipples by putting it as the diffuse map on gen 9 body surface before using the "preprocess character textures" on hd nipples. It did transfer the maps but I wasn't personally satisfied with the results - very blurry. 

Secondly, I would like a UV set that can use breastacular's textures. Then, I can make a geoshell that uses the UV set. 

I think if this can be achieved users can make the best of both worlds and will also make your product more attractive. Thank you.

3feetwolf  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2023 6:08:23 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: gmretoica623 Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for your product. I am running into a little dilemma here because I prefer the shape of your HD Nipples (as it basically matches the shape of the genesis 9 body) but I like the textures of breastacular better. I imagine it is possible that others feel the same, so I would like to humbly ask if you can create a few additional UV sets.

First, a UV set that basically matches exactly the base UV set of Genesis 9. I see that the "chest" surface basically has that except that the inside parts are cut out. If you could provide a UV set that keeps those inside parts in that, that would help. One reason I would like this is because I tried transferring the 8k detail maps from genesis 9 to HD Nipples by putting it as the diffuse map on gen 9 body surface before using the "preprocess character textures" on hd nipples. It did transfer the maps but I wasn't personally satisfied with the results - very blurry. 

Secondly, I would like a UV set that can use breastacular's textures. Then, I can make a geoshell that uses the UV set. 

I think if this can be achieved users can make the best of both worlds and will also make your product more attractive. Thank you.

Hi, no problem, I can create the UV sets you need. 
For the breastacular UV set, I need its uv template or an obj file with this uv. 

gmretoica623  
#13 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2023 8:36:28 AM(UTC)
gmretoica623

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 30 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: gmretoica623 Go to Quoted Post

Hi, no problem, I can create the UV sets you need. 
For the breastacular UV set, I need its uv template or an obj file with this uv. 

Thanks, PM sent

Planetshady69  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2023 10:58:29 PM(UTC)
Planetshady69

Question, I may be thick but how do you apply a geoshell eg a layer of dirt to the HG NG9? I apply it to the body but can't figure how to apply it to the nipples. I end up with a very dirty body and very clean breasts... which doesn't really fit with my scene🤔
3feetwolf  
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2023 8:32:51 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Question, I may be thick but how do you apply a geoshell eg a layer of dirt to the HG NG9? I apply it to the body but can't figure how to apply it to the nipples. I end up with a very dirty body and very clean breasts... which doesn't really fit with my scene🤔

Hi, plese try this: 
Download the G9 UVs file of HD Nipples and copy it to
\data\3feetwolf\HD Nipples for Genesis 9\HD Nipples for Genesis 9\UV Sets\3feetwolf\Base
When you apply the geo shell props to the character + HD Nipples, you can switch the uv set of the shell node's surfaces related to the HD Nipples to G9 UVs. In this
way, the textures of the geo shell will be displayed correctly. 

File Attachment(s):
G9 UVs.zip (11kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
thanks 2 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
haruchai on 7/20/2023(UTC), Planetshady69 on 7/20/2023(UTC)
Planetshady69  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2023 7:03:17 PM(UTC)
Planetshady69

Hi 3fleetwolf,

Appreciate the prompt solution! It worked a charm!

I acknowledge your exceptional dedication to customers. Your commitment to going above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction is truly commendable. Thank you for making us feel valued and happy with your outstanding products.

Will happily continue to support you and your products.
thanks 1 user thanked Planetshady69 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 7/21/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#17 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 10:01:01 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi 3fleetwolf,

Appreciate the prompt solution! It worked a charm!

I acknowledge your exceptional dedication to customers. Your commitment to going above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction is truly commendable. Thank you for making us feel valued and happy with your outstanding products.

Will happily continue to support you and your products.

Thanks, I will continue to do my best to serve my customers : )

lurkb  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2023 8:53:51 AM(UTC)
lurkb

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Love the product, works well on most of my models but am seeing texture issues on a couple of ones with darker skins, which looks like a visible join. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

- E3D Prisha https://www.daz3d.com/e3d-prisha-hd-for-genesis-9 it's subtle but there.

IST Ellandra https://www.daz3d.com/ist-elilandra-hd-for-genesis-9 it's much more obvious.

BrotherHades  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2023 4:14:00 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

I hate to say this as it may likely just come off as sounding like an ass, but if you adjust the lighting are the problem areas still there. On Prisha especially to me it looks like a bad highlight placement. Just moving Dome rotation 5-10 degrees might fix it. I mean both are likely highlight, specular, glossiness, or other surface setting issues, or like I said previously even the lighting hitting in a bad spot to make the line appear. Also not sure why it is showing mainly on darker skins, other than just greater contrast between skin tone and highlights.

But I'm not sure right off on Eliandra, as the why it is creating a triangular area that is shades lighter than the skin highlight, I just don't know what setting would cause that.

I can guarantee it isn't a join issue (As the seams on the body of Genesis 9 run along the back and join along the spine) but there is definitely something off there. There are occasionally painted on shading and highlights added to the under breast line by the vendors that can make the breast area look off, but I don't think that is what you're dealing with here.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 8/4/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2023 8:51:13 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: lurkb Go to Quoted Post

Love the product, works well on most of my models but am seeing texture issues on a couple of ones with darker skins, which looks like a visible join. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Hi, I'll test these characters to see what the cause of the problem is. Could you be more specific about where this problem occurs?