2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lurkb  
#21 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2023 9:36:07 PM(UTC)
lurkb

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

@3feetwolf - thanks!

@BrotherHades - No worries with how you came across, but the issue only appears after adding the HD Nipples, prior to that it's not there. No other settings are touched.

Yes I can work around it with lighting and/or post work in a 2D graphics program... but that's extra work I'd rather not have to do for every render. My current work around is to leave them as stock and not add HD Nipples to them, which is a shame as I like the look of 3feetwolf's HD Nipples much better than the stock ones.

lurkb  
#22 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2023 5:28:02 AM(UTC)
lurkb

@3feetwolf

From a fresh start of Daz 4.21:

Genesis 9 - Characters - double click and load either of the mentioned.

Select them, do the three step process for the HD Nipples leaving everything as default.

Zoom in a little and it shows up in the top part of the chest above the armpit level in NVIDIA Iray view mode or render.

Note, I'm also using New Gen for G9 and it's working perfectly and not showing any issues on the same characters.

thanks 1 user thanked lurkb for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 8/5/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2023 9:58:34 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: lurkb Go to Quoted Post

@3feetwolf

From a fresh start of Daz 4.21:

Genesis 9 - Characters - double click and load either of the mentioned.

Select them, do the three step process for the HD Nipples leaving everything as default.

Zoom in a little and it shows up in the top part of the chest above the armpit level in NVIDIA Iray view mode or render.

Note, I'm also using New Gen for G9 and it's working perfectly and not showing any issues on the same characters.

Hi, I've tested IST Elilandra and found that her material setup is a bit peculiar, which may be causing compatibility issues with HD Nipples. 
The following two steps will allow you to manually fix this issue in your DS. 
1. Go to 'Runtime > textures > 3feetwolf > HDNipplesforGenesis9 > Textures > Ist elilandra > IST Elilandra Body > Backup' to find IST Elilandra Body AO.png, then copy and paste this image to the upper level folder, 'IST Elilandra Body'. 
2. Open DS, load IST Elilandra, and apply HD Nipples to this character. Next, select HD Nipples in the Scene panel, go to the Surfaces panel, and select 'Breast L' and 'Breast R' of HD Nipples at the same time. Find 'Specular Lobe 1 Roughness' in the parameter list on the right, and set the texture of this parameter to None. 
Render again and the problem should have disappeared. 
I haven't had time to test another character yet (maybe tomorrow), you can try using the above steps on her if you have time and see if they work. 

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
lurkb on 8/5/2023(UTC)
jimbojones  
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2023 2:37:22 PM(UTC)
jimbojones

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

I tried using HD Nipple on MSO Christina G9 also MSO Danielle G9 along with Golden Palace G9. First I added golden palace and copy material. Then I added HD Nipple by going through the steps by step 3 applying it. Usually it works by that point and matches the figure but the base turns gray with MSO figures. The whole chest area. If I click 04 up date the materials, when I render it, the base color is just pink - white overall doesn't match.. when I look at it in the surface tab shows white color? I checked any shells and didn't see anything that needed a fix. I haven't had this issue with other figures. Is it because the mso skin mat's uber and pbr ? I can't update the base color in surface because the textures don't match.

Edited by user Saturday, August 5, 2023 2:42:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3feetwolf  
#25 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2023 9:15:31 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: jimbojones Go to Quoted Post

I tried using HD Nipple on MSO Christina G9 also MSO Danielle G9 along with Golden Palace G9. First I added golden palace and copy material. Then I added HD Nipple by going through the steps by step 3 applying it. Usually it works by that point and matches the figure but the base turns gray with MSO figures. The whole chest area. If I click 04 up date the materials, when I render it, the base color is just pink - white overall doesn't match.. when I look at it in the surface tab shows white color? I checked any shells and didn't see anything that needed a fix. I haven't had this issue with other figures. Is it because the mso skin mat's uber and pbr ? I can't update the base color in surface because the textures don't match.

Hi, please try the following method: 
Select the geo shell node of GP in the Scene pane, then go to the Parameters pane, select this shell node. Find the parameters related to HD Nipples in the parameter list on the right, HD Nipples for Genesis 9_1737_Breast L, HD Nipples for Genesis 9_1737_Breast R , HD Nipples for Genesis 9_1737_Chest, set their visibility to Off. This should be able to resolve the problem. 

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
jimbojones on 8/5/2023(UTC)
lurkb  
#26 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2023 9:24:07 PM(UTC)
lurkb

@3feetwolf All sorted thanks!

Your suggestion fixed up IST Elilandra.

When seeing if the same thing worked on Prisha HD I figured out what I'd done wrong, she has different Specular's that can be applied and I'd generated the Character Textures with a non standard one and then later changed my mind and gone back to normal one. But of course then the HD Nipples textures were now generated wrong. Had to deleted her folder and regenerated and now all is good.

Thanks again for all your fantastic products and prompt help!
thanks 1 user thanked lurkb for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 8/7/2023(UTC)
jimbojones  
#27 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2023 11:53:12 PM(UTC)
jimbojones

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: jimbojones Go to Quoted Post

Hi, please try the following method: 
Select the geo shell node of GP in the Scene pane, then go to the Parameters pane, select this shell node. Find the parameters related to HD Nipples in the parameter list on the right, HD Nipples for Genesis 9_1737_Breast L, HD Nipples for Genesis 9_1737_Breast R , HD Nipples for Genesis 9_1737_Chest, set their visibility to Off. This should be able to resolve the problem. 

Thank you for the suggestions. It still had the gray shade on the base when i turned off the those 3 in the parameters list. So I deleted the GP in the scene and the HD Nipples loaded. I had to go back to the figure and run the base mats again for the figure. Then loaded HD Nipple first instead of GP. I only had to start at step 2 with HD Nipple since it already had the preprocess loaded. Then loaded GP and geo shells. The shell fix then worked to clear any coloration. It seems when I loaded with GP first then HD I was getting the problem..

thanks 1 user thanked jimbojones for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 8/7/2023(UTC)