Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OdinVonD  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2022 7:21:56 PM(UTC)
OdinVonD

Hey all,

Once again, thanks Meipe for the wonderful products! 

Sorry if this has been asked before (I looked and didn't see anything) but I'm wondering if it's possible to get clothing to follow the movement of Breastacular? 

What I mean by this is that if I were to put a bikini top (for example) on a character using Breastacular and then have the breasts move from side to side using the Breastacular controller, the bikini top stays in place. 

Is there any way that I can get those to work together? 

Thanks! 

BrimstoneOmega  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2022 7:13:31 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)

The first thing I would try is to set the "Fit-To" from your character to Breatacular on the bikini top. Sometimes this works, other times it still works, but not so nice looking.

You'll find this in the Parameters tab under General

Edit: wording

Edited by user Wednesday, August 10, 2022 7:52:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked BrimstoneOmega for this useful post.
Meipe on 8/9/2022(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2022 7:16:05 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Like so...

BrimstoneOmega attached the following image(s):
Screenshot 2022-08-08 191625.png
Screenshot (24).png
Meipe on 8/9/2022(UTC)
OdinVonD  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2022 11:22:52 PM(UTC)
OdinVonD

Thanks, makes sense, but I can see why there would be cases where it wouldn't work. I'll give it a go. Thanks again!
BrimstoneOmega  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2022 10:31:17 AM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Similarly, you can also change the collisions for a quick fix; same thing, select the bikini, then in the parameters tab change the collision object from your character to her boobies. This helps with little things where changing the whole fit isn't necessary, or impractical due to it clipping with the character now.

When messing with characters like we are doing, cutting out parts of the mesh and slapping on new body parts, we're making the clothing try to do stuff it wasn't designed for. There are fixes that are quick and easy, but these are just kinda like bandaids; help staunch the bleeding, but still leaves the user quite in need of healing (or fixing things in our case) on their own. The actual way to fix this would be to probably go into the bikini itself and make morphs for it to follow Breastacular, JCMs or whatever their equivalent would be in the clothing/prop terminology.

I'm not smart or good enough to do that stuff, so I play with what's available in the Studio program itself, like these quick easy bandaids.

Another option (also out of the ordinary for what I would do, but have I the past for somethings) is to make two renders and superimpose one over the other in post and blend them together, taking the breasts or whatever from the one render and placing it over the other render with the correct pose.

Not something I would want to do a lot, but a tool that you can use from time to time.

Just keep in mind that this is, again, not what the figures were designed for, so clothing makers can't really make things work with every after-market body part a user might slap on their character. Something like this isn't an issue with Breatacular but something that needs to be fixed on the clothing side, because the clothing doesn't know it's covering the Breastacular graft. As far as the bikini top is concerned the graft doesn't exist.
Meipe on 8/13/2022(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2022 10:43:37 AM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Another thing you can try, for little poke-throughs and such is to make a blank Geoshell and don't do anything with it other than make it invisible (click the little eyeball in the Scene Tab). Then set collisions of clothing to the shell and leave the Fit-To with your character. Since the shell will cover everything, this can give an added layer of "push" away from the character's body and sometimes get rid of small poke-throughs that we sometimes get from adding new body parts. The nice thing about a geoshell is we can set that "push" or Offset Distance ourselves. I don't think this would work the best for your question because it would still be trying to follow the character's original breasts that you chopped off and replaced.

It helps to try to not think of these things as real objects and see them for what they are, just wire mesh stacks of geometry with flat textures painted over them. There are sets of constraints that these wire meshes work under, and it's all just an illusion when the final render finishes.
Meipe on 8/13/2022(UTC)