7 Pages«<4567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
montyblue88  
#101 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2022 4:43:25 PM(UTC)
montyblue88

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

So one way that I found to get a LIE preset to show up, is to apply it to the body before loading HD Nipples 2. So this is what I'd like to do:

- save 2 material presets, one with the default skin, one with the LIE preset (so after this point, I'm dealing with 2 material presets, no LIE textures anymore I think).

- on the default body, this allows me to freely switch between the two material presets.

- I would like to then apply HD Nipples 2, and still be able to switch between the two material presets.

So what I found is that while the main body gets updated with the material preset I've selected, the chest area is stuck with the material that was on the body when HD Nipples 2 was loaded in. Is there a way to load a material on HD Nipples 2?

Right now a workaround is to delete and reapply HD Nipples 2, so it uses the new material on the body. Screenshots for reference:

Body with tattoo material preset:

Loaded default material on body:

Zeppelin  
#102 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2022 8:56:00 AM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 95 post(s)

Im having trouble as well. When I follow the instructions on the PDF and apply the  Adjust rigging to base shape, it changes the size of the lower chest and it looks odd.

Zeppelin attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 2.40.24 PM.png
3feetwolf  
#103 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2022 3:50:39 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zeppelin Go to Quoted Post

Im having trouble as well. When I follow the instructions on the PDF and apply the  Adjust rigging to base shape, it changes the size of the lower chest and it looks odd.

Hi,
I sent you an email before, maybe it failed to reach your mailbox.
Please send me the duf file of this scene and I will open it in my daz studio to see if I can find out the cause of the problem.
montyblue88  
#104 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2022 7:40:50 PM(UTC)
montyblue88

Not sure if that was already answered somewhere in the thread, but is getting multiple "ring" artifacts around the breast normal? I can see it both in the normal viewport, as well as Iray render.

Here, I loaded up Pei (https://www.daz3d.com/pei-and-pei-suit-for-genesis-8-female), and loaded HD Nipples 2 on her:

https://i.imgur.com/fnT2WCO.png

Here is my custom character, viewport and Iray views:

https://i.imgur.com/QcdsUVO.png

https://i.imgur.com/3jLXIVn.png

This "ringing" doesn't happen on the default G8F figure. What's up with that?

Also, gentle bump on my last question, so it doesn't get lost: https://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&m=517708&#post517708

Edited by user Sunday, August 14, 2022 7:43:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

s_j_gregory  
#105 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2022 8:08:14 PM(UTC)
s_j_gregory

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I might have missed the fuller discussion but would a Hierarchical Mat Preset do what you're after
thanks 2 users thanked s_j_gregory for this useful post.
montyblue88 on 8/14/2022(UTC), 3feetwolf on 8/16/2022(UTC)
montyblue88  
#106 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2022 8:39:57 PM(UTC)
montyblue88

Originally Posted by: s_j_gregory Go to Quoted Post
I might have missed the fuller discussion but would a Hierarchical Mat Preset do what you're after

So a product like MD Hierarchical Material Suite Pro? It sounds like what I'm after. If 3feetwolf could chime in and advise if that product would work, I can go ahead and buy it.

A summary of what I'm looking for: being able to switch between a base skin material, and a skin material with tattoo's applied, without having to delete and reapply HD nipples 2.

EDIT: I totally missed that there's a daz built-in called Hierarchical Mat Preset. I'll check it out and edit this post if it does what I need or not.

EDIT2: Thanks s_j_gregory! The Hierarchical Mat Preset does exactly what I want:

Material 1: https://i.imgur.com/EuBOQ90.png

Material 2: https://i.imgur.com/NVNsSXL.png

And I can freely switch between them!

The only limitation it seems, is that the HD textures cannot be generated if there's no HD Nipples 2 on the figure, so the HD textures will go on top of any LIE textures. I don't suppose there's any way around this other than going into the texture files and doing a whole bunch of manual work?

Edited by user Sunday, August 14, 2022 9:09:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

s_j_gregory  
#107 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2022 1:48:39 PM(UTC)
s_j_gregory

Good for you. I think the limitation you make reference to above makes sense. The prop might be necessary anyways for there to be sufficient geometry in order to get the HD MATs to work especially if they use displacements. I'd be more definitive but my machine has shit the bed.

About the concentric rings about the breast, I have seen that as well and have not been able to figure it out. There is a lot about grafts (and geoshells) that escapes me. Just a shot in the dark, have you tried a bit of Smoothing Modifier. I have had instances when it resolved a problem and others were it seemed to hang, in a loop, and never stop, so tread carefully.
3feetwolf  
#108 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2022 9:22:26 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: montyblue88 Go to Quoted Post

Not sure if that was already answered somewhere in the thread, but is getting multiple "ring" artifacts around the breast normal? I can see it both in the normal viewport, as well as Iray render.

Here, I loaded up Pei (https://www.daz3d.com/pei-and-pei-suit-for-genesis-8-female), and loaded HD Nipples 2 on her:

https://i.imgur.com/fnT2WCO.png

Here is my custom character, viewport and Iray views:

https://i.imgur.com/QcdsUVO.png

https://i.imgur.com/3jLXIVn.png

This "ringing" doesn't happen on the default G8F figure. What's up with that?

Also, gentle bump on my last question, so it doesn't get lost: https://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&m=517708&#post517708

Hi, 
This is a compatibility issue, it happens to a few characters. 
Part of it is that the topology of the HD Nipples model is inconsistent with that of the G8F Base Female. 
Another part of the reason, according to my guess, should be related to the full body morph of these characters, but I haven't been able to figure out the pattern. 

montyblue88  
#109 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2022 8:03:57 PM(UTC)
montyblue88

Where do I need to rename Genesis 8.1 Female so that I can create new unique nipple textures? Just renaming the character in the scene view isn't enough, and asks me if I want to recreate the textures. I'm just using Genesis 8.1 Female as a base for a new custom character.

edit: even if I save the current material as a new preset, and apply it, it still won't count as a "new" material. Usually when I apply another character's material preset, or add a LIE texture (and save that as a mat preset), I'm able to generate completely new nipple textures.

Edited by user Friday, August 19, 2022 1:44:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

s_j_gregory  
#110 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2022 7:20:06 PM(UTC)
s_j_gregory

This might not be the correct place for this but I am hopeful someone here can help me out. I feel that I have missed out on some fundamentals along the way (and in so many places I might know a process but have no idea why or even what I am doing).
So, I have a lot of grafts, from a lot of creators, for a range of generations, in multiple editions. And I have a variety of characters most recently G8 and G8.1 with a mixture of shaders, surfaces and UVs. I think it is quite impressive that anything works at all well - but it does and I am thankful and quite amazed.

It seems, from time-to-time, I still have to open the hood to change a UV, copy a shader from one surface to another, or hide some surfaces or another because a fix has not worked. Other times i'm up to my eyeballs because a creator has used settings out of range in their skin shader or something and I have a soup sandwich or I am trying to match a graft and skin more closely and I have resorted to trial and error of randomly tweaking settings in the shader. But that is a reality for me; maybe all of us.

What I am hoping to get help with is the step or steps after that; after I have spent sometimes hours trying to get the skin of a character (and its grafts) sorted.

I think I have three or more situations:
- when the f^&%$king thing crashes,
- when I save a scene, and
- when I save a character as a scene subset.

I believe, in each of the situations, the MAT copy results are not following. Or said differently, everything is lost. I think someone might tell me that MAT copy scripts generate images in the temp folder and that I have to save the MAT when I save the character as a scene subset or I save a scene. I guess this seems odd to me.
So every time I create a character I need to save the MAT or, if there are grafts, a hierarchical MAT whether that is for a character I wish to reuse or if is a character that only 'lives' in one scene if I was to ever want to use the scene again.

And I suppose that applies as well if I was to use the LIE to apply makeup, tattoos or tan lines. Or for clothing if I tinkered with any images for them.

So, is that the reality or is there a more obvious/elegant solution.
montyblue88  
#111 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2022 7:40:13 PM(UTC)
montyblue88

Hope you're doing ok 3feetwolf!

I've looked through the script (NGV8 script, but it shares the same issue) since my last post, and it looks like in the following function, g_charName is what I would like to change for my new character (well, the name that gets used to create that string anyway).

Where can I access this property inside of Daz? I tried changing the label name of the character with Edit->Figure->Scene Identification->Node Label, but it didn't do anything, I still cannot generate new textures.

EDIT: I think I figured it out. I need to create a new head morph for my custom character, and then the script will pick it up as a new character. I tested it out on a character I created NGV8 textures for already. When I removed the existing head morph, and added a different head morph I got the option to create new textures (instead of re-creating them). It's a bit roundabout way of doing things, but if my understanding is correct, creating two identical figures, with 2 different texture sets can be achieved by creating two head morphs with different names.

Edited by user Friday, September 2, 2022 9:31:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mstep17  
#112 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 6:45:06 PM(UTC)
mstep17

Hello 3feetwolf and others 

I've read through the posts for the last six months or so looking to see if anyone has a solution for HD Nipple 2.0 and wet-based geoshells. I'm super digging the HD Nipples 2.0 and the authenticity if bring to my renders, but I'm now stuck on my of my time-sensitive projects where the model is in a bath tub and I need her to be wet. My go-to for this is to use Thunder-3d's USM 1.2 (https://www.renderotica.com/store/sku/62395_Ultimate-Skin-Moisture-v1-2-CORE-G8-8-1F). However, when app;ly it, I get the ever familiar white/ghosting that is typically of applying shells, which is usually fixed by adjust shell offset. However, that does not work with the grafts. I can get rid of the white by reducing the opacity to 0; however, that defeats the purpose of using the shell in the first place because now the graft does not have the wet appearance.  So, is there a wet skin product that looks good that also works with HD Nipples 2.0? Or, does anyone have a reliable workaround/fix. 

Many Thanks 

montyblue88  
#113 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2022 3:11:31 AM(UTC)
montyblue88

@ mstep17

Try copying the body material to the HD Nipples surface on the geoshell (not the figure itself).

For example, G8F->Surfaces->Body, to G8F->Geoshell->Surfaces->HD Breast For xxx

There are a couple HD Breasts surfaces, but they follow the above pattern. This technique isn't perfect because the area under the armpits isn't covered. Maybe with some UV editing this could be fixed. I haven't looked into that yet.

Here's my understanding as to why this issue is happening: HD nipples creates new surfaces on the figure, any geoshell will inherit those surfaces. The wet material you're trying to apply is only made for the default surfaces (body, arms, etc), it doesn't have anything that could be applied to the HD Breasts surfaces (that's why you get the white/grey material). I was able to get away with just copying materials over for NGV8, but for HD Nipples 2 it seems some UV work is needed for complete results.

montyblue88  
#114 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2022 11:16:34 PM(UTC)
montyblue88

Is it possible to create a completely flat character with HD nipples 2.0? It doesn't look like there's a morph for that, and using other chest morphs creates some really ugly artitifacting.

I was able to do this with HD nipples 1.0, but that's not compatible with G8.1, is it?

montyblue88  
#115 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2022 3:46:02 PM(UTC)
montyblue88

Shape 01 is a flat preset so that solves my previous question. But can anything be done about these reflections? It's like there is a material mismatch between the chest and the rest of the body:

3feetwolf  
#116 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2022 8:35:16 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Shape 01 is a flat preset so that solves my previous question. But can anything be done about these reflections? It's like there is a material mismatch between the chest and the rest of the body:

Hi, 

This should be the problem of not being able to handle the special texture of the character. I've figured out a way to deal with this kind of problem while working on NGG9. I will also improve the HD Nipples script when I am avaiable. 

montyblue88  
#117 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2022 10:51:17 AM(UTC)
montyblue88

Any chance you could release HD nipples 1.0 unencrypted? I wanted to edit the script to work with 8.1, but since it's encrypted I can't do anything.

3feetwolf  
#118 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2022 8:01:08 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Any chance you could release HD nipples 1.0 unencrypted? I wanted to edit the script to work with 8.1, but since it's encrypted I can't do anything.

Sure, here you are. 

File Attachment(s):
thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
montyblue88 on 12/7/2022(UTC)
montyblue88  
#119 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2022 10:31:00 AM(UTC)
montyblue88

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Sure, here you are. 

Thank you very much! I did a quick pass and got 1.0 to load on 8.1 (didn't get materials working yet though), and it confirmed my suspicion that 1.0 conforms better to the body shape than 2.0. It's best seen in the comparison shots below, but 1.0 works better for this character.

Would you also be able to share the unencrypted texture creation script? Without it I'll have to go through a 8.0 figure first just to create the textures, and then manually copy and rename them to create a 8.1 version.

Comparison shots:

Base figure:

HD Nipples 2.0 (a little bit of unwanted morphing of the ribs under the breast, as well as some kind of subtle ripple effect):

HD Nipples 1.0 (pretty much just conforms to the shape):

Also tested out if I can copy materials over from 8.0 and it worked well enough:

montyblue88  
#120 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2022 12:31:49 PM(UTC)
montyblue88

I think I got 80% of the way there. I can load 1.0 on 8.1 with materials now, and it seems to be working 100% on the default figure.

On my custom figure the materials are a bit wrong (it's like the materials are darkened), but I can circumvent that by copying the materials from a 8.0 figure.

I'll keep working on it, but I'm attaching what I came up with so far since it's usable (with 8.0 to 8.1 material copy workarounds). If I could also modify the texture creation script that would be rad.

File Attachment(s):
HD Nipples - 01 - Apply HD Nipples to 8.1.zip (24kb) downloaded 18 time(s).
thanks 2 users thanked montyblue88 for this useful post.
haruchai on 12/8/2022(UTC), 3feetwolf on 12/9/2022(UTC)