4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WizArt  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 4:16:39 AM(UTC)
WizArt

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Will you release an update for Golden Palace for G8.1?

Akirael  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 7:25:59 AM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Yeah, an update would be fine. But with the new shader and all the extras. I don't know if that is an easy task. But till Meipe decides if it will be an update or an all-new product, we can adjust everything manually. The Geoshells seem to work fine in and on itself.
Blake_Stronge  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 8:53:59 AM(UTC)
Blake_Stronge

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 8 post(s)
My tests so far show that the geografts I have tried work fine. What doesn't work though is the material transfer script. This seems partly because the transfer script is looking for G8 but is finding G8.1 and giving me an error message, but also, 8.1 has new material zones. the Torso zone has been renamed as Body, and the head and neck are now Head. Geografts can be used but materials will need to be reasigned manually. With Golden Palace I simply copied the material from G8.1 Body and pasted it to all the Golden Palace material zones and reset the UV to Base female. Adding the labia Geometry shells will also give you issues as the shell applies with no info on what to do with the new Body and Head material zones. You can simply select these zones on the Geometry shells and set the cutout oppacity to zero.
ghosty001  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 9:45:48 AM(UTC)
ghosty001

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Blake_Stronge Go to Quoted Post
My tests so far show that the geografts I have tried work fine. What doesn't work though is the material transfer script. This seems partly because the transfer script is looking for G8 but is finding G8.1 and giving me an error message, but also, 8.1 has new material zones. the Torso zone has been renamed as Body, and the head and neck are now Head. Geografts can be used but materials will need to be reasigned manually. With Golden Palace I simply copied the material from G8.1 Body and pasted it to all the Golden Palace material zones and reset the UV to Base female. Adding the labia Geometry shells will also give you issues as the shell applies with no info on what to do with the new Body and Head material zones. You can simply select these zones on the Geometry shells and set the cutout oppacity to zero.

I found that I did not have to go to that extent.. All I did was create a torso/body shader file, then selecting the Golden Palace Gens in the scene and highlighting all the surfaces in the surfaces tab I ran the shader file and was all done, and as far as I can tell no problems.. :)

The thing is that the G8.1F torso texture is pretty much the orginal G8F torso texture with just a few changes around the head and neck area..  The hip, crotch and thigh area are the same as original G8F texture, they left that untouched..

But yes I see what you mean they changed the name from Torso to Body which is a nuisance, but creating a shader file of the torso gets around that for now until Meipe releases a G8.1F update..

Edited by user Wednesday, January 20, 2021 10:01:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Doctorgym  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 10:26:19 AM(UTC)
Doctorgym

Can anyone do a step-by-step to get Golden Palace to work on V8.1? (for novices such as myself). Thank you in advance.
Jy3d777  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 12:50:35 PM(UTC)
Jy3d777

in the shaders section under iray there was a skin shader already added. I just apply that to the genitals and copy and paste the body materials.. seems to work mostly
thanks 1 user thanked Jy3d777 for this useful post.
Meipe on 1/21/2021(UTC)
Blake_Stronge  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 1:15:12 PM(UTC)
Blake_Stronge

Originally Posted by: Doctorgym Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone do a step-by-step to get Golden Palace to work on V8.1? (for novices such as myself). Thank you in advance.

Load G8.1 into your scene and apply your character texture. G8F Materials should automatically convert to suit the new G8.1 UV Set. (Using the new V8.1 texture is a little more complicated and requires you copy the new shader to apply to GP later)

Make sure G8.1 is selected and load Golden Palace gens attachment as usual.

Open the surfaces tab and either use the surface selection tool or expand the menu tree, and select G8.1's Body material zone.

Right click in any of the parameter sliders and select Copy Selected Surface(s) from the menu that opens.

Select Golden Palace Gens from the scene tab or by the surface selection tool.

In the surfaces tab, highlight ALL the Golden Palace material zones.

Right click on any of the parameter sliders and select Paste to Selected Surface(s)

If things don't look right, scroll down through the parameter dials until you find UV Set and change it to Default UV's. (I found mine was set to Golden Palace 2)

The G8.1 materials should now be applied to the Golden Palace gens. Now to add the geometry shells. (I have made extensive changes to the way my shells load so may or may not be the same as yours)

Select G8.1 in your scene tab.

Apply the Golden Palace Shell. Your torso will probably go white, this is because there is currently no Body or Head materials assigned to the shell (there is no Torso Material zone).

Go to the scene tab and select the Golden Palace Shell (not the attachment itself)

Go to the surfaces tab and select the Body and Head material zones.

Set the Opacity Strength slider to zero.

Repeat for the Labia Majora Shell

thanks 10 users thanked Blake_Stronge for this useful post.
marble51 on 1/20/2021(UTC), samson1111 on 1/21/2021(UTC), Meipe on 1/21/2021(UTC), Doctorgym on 1/21/2021(UTC), Norman_67 on 1/22/2021(UTC), mstg2000 on 1/31/2021(UTC), TheBitterGent on 2/8/2021(UTC), paperdreaming on 3/2/2021(UTC), Acran on 6/5/2022(UTC), gideonhayes on 6/8/2022(UTC)
Doctorgym  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 1:48:29 PM(UTC)
Doctorgym

Load G8.1 into your scene and apply your character texture. G8F Materials should automatically convert to suit the new G8.1 UV Set. (Using the new V8.1 texture is a little more complicated and requires you copy the new shader to apply to GP later)

Open the surfaces tab and either use the surface selection tool or expand the menu tree, and select G8.1's Body material zone.

Right click in any of the parameter sliders and select Copy Selected Surface(s) from the menu that opens.

Right click on any of the parameter sliders and select Paste to Selected Surface(s)

If things don't look right, scroll down through the parameter dials until you find UV Set and change it to Default UV's. (I found mine was set to Golden Palace 2)

The G8.1 materials should now be applied to the Golden Palace gens. Now to add the geometry shells. (I have made extensive changes to the way my shells load so may or may not be the same as yours)

Apply the Golden Palace Shell. Your torso will probably go white, this is because there is currently no Body or Head materials assigned to the shell (there is no Torso Material zone).

Go to the scene tab and select the Golden Palace Shell (not the attachment itself)

WOW!  Thank you so much Blake - I'll try this ASAP!  

Doctorgym  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 3:49:42 PM(UTC)
Doctorgym

Got to the end of adding Labia Majoria Shell application but the Mat copy doesn't seem to work because the script is looking for a G8F figure.  Any work around on this?  Thanks so much again Blake!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 20, 2021 3:59:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Blake_Stronge  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 4:39:19 PM(UTC)
Blake_Stronge

The Labia Majora shell is part of the Pussy Wizzard add on, so if you don't have that then ignore that step. If you do have that add on applying the Labia Majora Shell shouldn't require the use of the Mat Copy tool as it loads with its own texture. This texture can be changed via the colour options installed in the Pussy Wizard add on section.
matt  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 8:49:20 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

A question for those of you that dove in and installed 8.1, does it create a separate figure, or does it replace G8 entirely? The reason I ask is because I have a ton of premade 'ready to go' figures saved as scene subsets with hair, gens, clothing, etc, and if I install this and it breaks all of them, well...that's a fresh hell I don't feel like descending into. 

Doctorgym  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 9:06:22 PM(UTC)
Doctorgym

Thanks again Blake, but I'm struggling to get the geoshell to match the color of the surrounding skin. Again, appreciate all your generous help and time.
BrimstoneOmega  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 9:16:27 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)

Originally Posted by: matt Go to Quoted Post

A question for those of you that dove in and installed 8.1, does it create a separate figure, or does it replace G8 entirely? The reason I ask is because I have a ton of premade 'ready to go' figures saved as scene subsets with hair, gens, clothing, etc, and if I install this and it breaks all of them, well...that's a fresh hell I don't feel like descending into. 

It gives you a whole new figure. 

thanks 1 user thanked BrimstoneOmega for this useful post.
matt on 1/21/2021(UTC)
matt  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 9:58:54 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

Originally Posted by: BrimstoneOmega Go to Quoted Post

So it won't have any effect on my existing creations? I can still load them and use them as I did before? 

marble51  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 10:57:32 PM(UTC)
marble51

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)

Originally Posted by: BrimstoneOmega Go to Quoted Post

So it won't have any effect on my existing creations? I can still load them and use them as I did before? 

Your existing G8F characters, including your own morphed creations, are unaffected by the new 8.1 update. You can carry on using G8F to make more characters and ignore 8.1 altogether. You can also transfer your G8F character to a new 8.1 base figure - there are probably several ways to do this but I created a Character Preset of my original, morphed G8F character and then loaded that on to the 8.1 base figure. It doesn't bring any geografts with it, however, so I'd be interested to know if there is a better way.

thanks 1 user thanked marble51 for this useful post.
matt on 1/21/2021(UTC)
Blake_Stronge  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 3:17:59 AM(UTC)
Blake_Stronge

Thanks again Blake, but I'm struggling to get the geoshell to match the color of the surrounding skin. Again, appreciate all your generous help and time.

That is precisely why I modified mine. I modify all my characters skin materials, then have to waste time messing around with the colour of the geoshell to fit with the new skin. The Pussy Wizard add on made it easier to blend the textures as it contains a lot more options but it was a lot of trial and error finally after modifying the textures in photoshop I have a set of geoshells that work on almost every charcter I own that load with one click. I have also just modified a geoshell for GP that will load onto G8 AND 8.1 with no white bits anywhere, even when loading onto Breastacular, Fender Bender, and Lickalicious grafts, since those are the ones I use most.

ghosty001  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 7:22:52 AM(UTC)
ghosty001

Creating a torso/body shader file of the specific character can help speed up a lot of that as it stores all the relevant information..

Blake_Stronge  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 8:23:27 AM(UTC)
Blake_Stronge

Originally Posted by: ghosty001 Go to Quoted Post

Creating a torso/body shader file of the specific character can help speed up a lot of that as it stores all the relevant information..

True, but you have to create the texture in the first place, and then a texture for each character you use. To save time when loading my most often used characters I save them as a scene subset with textures, hair, clothes, and grafts already done so loads clomplete with one click.

Doctorgym  
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 9:26:33 AM(UTC)
Doctorgym

Originally Posted by: ghosty001 Go to Quoted Post

True, but you have to create the texture in the first place, and then a texture for each character you use. To save time when loading my most often used characters I save them as a scene subset with textures, hair, clothes, and grafts already done so loads clomplete with one click.

Are there any videos or step-by-steps on how to do this?  Thank you!

Sanaa  
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 1:26:40 PM(UTC)
Sanaa

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

I think i will just wait for the updates. Iven if there is tha Step by step way. I add a lot of material enhancings of shaders layers and more. Without the one click material texture script it will be just to annoying and long to use them on g 8.1 for me. 

thanks 1 user thanked Sanaa for this useful post.
DEstey on 2/21/2021(UTC)