4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
haruchai  
#41 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 3:57:33 PM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Thanks for the updated script, really appreciated.
Casps  
#42 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 10:33:23 PM(UTC)
Casps

Could someone please help me out? I downloaded Meipe's updated Golden Palace assets for Genesis 8.1, but when I run the script I'm still getting this result: 

Casps attached the following image(s):
screenshot.png
MidnightWatcher  
#43 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 4:56:48 PM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Casps Go to Quoted Post

Could someone please help me out? I downloaded Meipe's updated Golden Palace assets for Genesis 8.1, but when I run the script I'm still getting this result: 

Click on the shell and then parameters tab, turn off Body, Head.

thanks 1 user thanked MidnightWatcher for this useful post.
Sub on 8/28/2023(UTC)
johnjohn808  
#44 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 10:49:33 PM(UTC)
johnjohn808

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Originally Posted by: MidnightWatcher Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Casps Go to Quoted Post

Click on the shell and then parameters tab, turn off Body, Head.

This easily fixed everything for me thank you!!!!!

mstg2000  
#45 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 5:18:40 PM(UTC)
mstg2000

Thanks for the walk through! it worked great!

Hopefully Meipe will release an update for 8.1 soon 

Originally Posted by: Blake_Stronge Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Doctorgym Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone do a step-by-step to get Golden Palace to work on V8.1? (for novices such as myself). Thank you in advance.

Load G8.1 into your scene and apply your character texture. G8F Materials should automatically convert to suit the new G8.1 UV Set. (Using the new V8.1 texture is a little more complicated and requires you copy the new shader to apply to GP later)

Make sure G8.1 is selected and load Golden Palace gens attachment as usual.

Open the surfaces tab and either use the surface selection tool or expand the menu tree, and select G8.1's Body material zone.

Right click in any of the parameter sliders and select Copy Selected Surface(s) from the menu that opens.

Select Golden Palace Gens from the scene tab or by the surface selection tool.

In the surfaces tab, highlight ALL the Golden Palace material zones.

Right click on any of the parameter sliders and select Paste to Selected Surface(s)

If things don't look right, scroll down through the parameter dials until you find UV Set and change it to Default UV's. (I found mine was set to Golden Palace 2)

The G8.1 materials should now be applied to the Golden Palace gens. Now to add the geometry shells. (I have made extensive changes to the way my shells load so may or may not be the same as yours)

Select G8.1 in your scene tab.

Apply the Golden Palace Shell. Your torso will probably go white, this is because there is currently no Body or Head materials assigned to the shell (there is no Torso Material zone).

Go to the scene tab and select the Golden Palace Shell (not the attachment itself)

Go to the surfaces tab and select the Body and Head material zones.

Set the Opacity Strength slider to zero.

Repeat for the Labia Majora Shell

DEstey  
#46 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2021 1:56:10 AM(UTC)
DEstey

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Originally Posted by: matt Go to Quoted Post

A question for those of you that dove in and installed 8.1, does it create a separate figure, or does it replace G8 entirely? The reason I ask is because I have a ton of premade 'ready to go' figures saved as scene subsets with hair, gens, clothing, etc, and if I install this and it breaks all of them, well...that's a fresh hell I don't feel like descending into. 

The 8.1 is installed in addition to hte 8.0, so you have both. What is great about 8.1 is that using the head with Power Pose you can get all sorts of expressions, eye positions, mouth settings, super easily. You simply move the mouse and you actually can see the change instantly. It's so much better than anything in the past.

Go ahead and update, you will still have the old 8.0.

thanks 1 user thanked DEstey for this useful post.
matt on 2/1/2021(UTC)
matt  
#47 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2021 10:53:29 AM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

Originally Posted by: DEstey Go to Quoted Post

The 8.1 is installed in addition to hte 8.0, so you have both. What is great about 8.1 is that using the head with Power Pose you can get all sorts of expressions, eye positions, mouth settings, super easily. You simply move the mouse and you actually can see the change instantly. It's so much better than anything in the past.

Thanks! One final question if you don't mind. I have a ton of assets for G8. Do they transfer over to 8.1, such as character morphs, body shapes, musculature? I don't need a new base figure that I have to start buying assets for once again, I'll wait for G9 for that. 

BrotherHades  
#48 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2021 1:37:15 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: DEstey Go to Quoted Post

Thanks! One final question if you don't mind. I have a ton of assets for G8. Do they transfer over to 8.1, such as character morphs, body shapes, musculature? I don't need a new base figure that I have to start buying assets for once again, I'll wait for G9 for that. 

Most G8F stuff works fine with G8.1F the exceptions are some G8 expressions, some scripts if they are looking for G8F won't recognize G8.1F, Most of the grafts work fine, but material copy scripts require/required updating as 8.1 got rid of  the torso surface and split the maps to body and head surfaces (However a G8F UV is included so G8 textures can be used with G8.1F)

matt  
#49 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2021 2:24:07 PM(UTC)
matt

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Most G8F stuff works fine with G8.1F the exceptions are some G8 expressions, some scripts if they are looking for G8F won't recognize G8.1F, Most of the grafts work fine, but material copy scripts require/required updating as 8.1 got rid of  the torso surface and split the maps to body and head surfaces (However a G8F UV is included so G8 textures can be used with G8.1F)

So you're saying that the morphs are already loaded on 8.1? The data files transfer over?

matt  
#50 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2021 9:32:04 PM(UTC)
matt

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

So you're saying that the morphs are already loaded on 8.1? The data files transfer over?

Never mind, I just answered my own question. I downloaded and installed 8.1. Everything is there. Thanks!

jd641  
#51 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 10:49:52 PM(UTC)
jd641

Quick question:

If I reset my original GP downloads, would that download the update or is the only place to get the update from the dropbox link?

Meipe  
#52 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 12:53:56 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1233 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Malandar  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 8:55:54 PM(UTC)
Malandar

I must be doing something wrong, it is still telling me it is looking for genesis 8 female... where exactly is this patch supposed to go? I have tried putting it in the folder with 8.1 and tried putting it in the same folder with  golden palace... same result.

Torkvall  
#54 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 8:29:12 PM(UTC)
Torkvall

For those following along this thread I was doing custom material and shader work using face transfer and found that Golden Palace had given weird results with any UV selection.

As it turns out creating a custom material preset from the G8 figure and applying to the G8.1 and GP add on had somehow messed with the GP Addon so my solution was to create a custom Shader Preset (As Blake noted in the list) from the torso of the G8 figure, along side my existing Material Preset from the G8 figure. Applying both of these and ensuring I followed along the Blake_Strong walkthrough on page 2 of this thread has fixed any issues with this add-on.

Update: Found I was still trying to use the G8 script when there is a new section for the updated material script under a new G8.1 section in the GP folder.

Thank you Meipe, OP and Blake_Strong for all of the tech support you deserve high praise.

Edited by user Saturday, February 27, 2021 1:40:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jd641  
#55 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 10:06:22 PM(UTC)
jd641

Originally Posted by: Malandar Go to Quoted Post

I must be doing something wrong, it is still telling me it is looking for genesis 8 female... where exactly is this patch supposed to go? I have tried putting it in the folder with 8.1 and tried putting it in the same folder with  golden palace... same result.

I have the same problem. I just put the files where GP is installed but nothing changed and it's still looking for G8f.

jd641  
#56 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 12:01:41 AM(UTC)
jd641

Actually I take it all back. My problem was that I was looking for the updated script in smart content. Once I looked in the regular content folder I found the new material script and the materials worked on 8.1.
PredatoryBeasts  
#57 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 7:54:25 AM(UTC)
PredatoryBeasts

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Followed everything suggested and not sure if the update will help but before I do that, I just want to see if anyone else has an issue like mine.

PredatoryBeasts attached the following image(s):
GPprobs1.jpg
BrotherHades  
#58 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 10:19:35 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: PredatoryBeasts Go to Quoted Post

Followed everything suggested and not sure if the update will help but before I do that, I just want to see if anyone else has an issue like mine.

Looks like it might be a shader mismatch issue. Is this with V8.1?

I would check out the surfaces tab (You will have to look under the Editor sub tab) and see if the Golden Palace shader is set as Iray Uber or PBRSkin. Then compare to the base figure shader setting if there is a difference then change shader on GP to match the base figures shader.

I have noticed some of the updated scripts, while now doing a good job recognizing G8.1 based characters and surfaces, they are not scripted to update the shader, so you would need to change shader manually (I have set up the PBRSkin shader under the scripts menu to make things quicker) and since Victoria 8.1 uses the new PBRSkin shader, if the script is copying the materials from the body surface as an example it won't necessarily change the shader settings. So the shader may need changed manually. 

Another thought, if you changed Translucency on the figure after the material copy script was run, it can also cause a similar mismatch. If so you will need to rerun the material copy script

Edited by user Sunday, February 28, 2021 11:22:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Add further information

illrigger  
#59 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 10:21:58 AM(UTC)
illrigger

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Originally Posted by: PredatoryBeasts Go to Quoted Post

Did you see post #43 in this thread?

Torkvall  
#60 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 12:23:02 PM(UTC)
Torkvall

Did you try post #54 ?