4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PredatoryBeasts  
#61 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 4:53:12 PM(UTC)
PredatoryBeasts

Originally Posted by: Torkvall Go to Quoted Post

Did you try post #54 ?

I don't have any idea what he's talking about in post 54. As for post 43, I'm pretty sure the geoshell is working just fine, its the actual gens that are not right. No matter what I do to the geoshell or turn off (Head/Body/Torso do nothing), nothing changes the appearance of the gens. The gens themselves only apply GP or Default UV's. Does the fix for V8.1 work for all models? This is a regular gen 8 morph/skin applied to an 8.1 model. The only thing that doesn't work is the gens. Even copying and applying and following the checklist on pg 2 ends with this result.

Thanks for the replies guys! Appreciate it. 

BrotherHades  
#62 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 6:46:30 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: PredatoryBeasts Go to Quoted Post

Did you try post #54 ?

I don't have any idea what he's talking about in post 54. As for post 43, I'm pretty sure the geoshell is working just fine, its the actual gens that are not right. No matter what I do to the geoshell or turn off (Head/Body/Torso do nothing), nothing changes the appearance of the gens. The gens themselves only apply GP or Default UV's. Does the fix for V8.1 work for all models? This is a regular gen 8 morph/skin applied to an 8.1 model. The only thing that doesn't work is the gens. Even copying and applying and following the checklist on pg 2 ends with this result.

Like I said it looks like a setting of some sort is mismatched. As far as I know the new script would cover all G8.1F based characters and the old script would cover all G8F based characters. I'm not sure if using G8F textures on G8.1F would affect which script to use. I know the G8F textures on G8.1F require changing the UVs on G8.1F but honestly I'm not sure what effect that would do to the material transfer script. You may have to manually copy and paste the torso or body surface settings from G8.1F to the GP surfaces. Though it really looks to me like the material settings are different where the texture maps were transferred successfully. Reminds me of times I've changed translucency settings on the figure after the script had been run, and had to re run the script for it to update the translucency setting. 

Torkvall  
#63 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 7:37:31 PM(UTC)
Torkvall

Did you try post #54 ?

Welp you better figure it out if you want the solution it's written in that post, create a Material Preset from your G8 Figure and apply it to your G8.1 gens and whatever else you need is there in the post. Your issue has nothing to do with the Geoshell as you stated.

Edited by user Sunday, February 28, 2021 7:42:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PredatoryBeasts  
#64 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 9:06:40 PM(UTC)
PredatoryBeasts

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Did you try post #54 ?

Like I said it looks like a setting of some sort is mismatched. As far as I know the new script would cover all G8.1F based characters and the old script would cover all G8F based characters. I'm not sure if using G8F textures on G8.1F would affect which script to use. I know the G8F textures on G8.1F require changing the UVs on G8.1F but honestly I'm not sure what effect that would do to the material transfer script. You may have to manually copy and paste the torso or body surface settings from G8.1F to the GP surfaces. Though it really looks to me like the material settings are different where the texture maps were transferred successfully. Reminds me of times I've changed translucency settings on the figure after the script had been run, and had to re run the script for it to update the translucency setting. 

Yeah a translucency issue is exactly what it looks like. Problem is that I went line by line comparing materials and everything is the same between the G8 materials on the G8.1 and the gens themselves. Maybe I'll just see if I can remember how to install everything and try the fix... BTW, 8.1 now loads 8 material seemlessly, with no correction necessary, as far as I've seen. I've loaded a bunch of 8.1's, and set the 8 material on them with no problems.

BrotherHades  
#65 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 12:06:06 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Yeah a translucency issue is exactly what it looks like. Problem is that I went line by line comparing materials and everything is the same between the G8 materials on the G8.1 and the gens themselves. Maybe I'll just see if I can remember how to install everything and try the fix... BTW, 8.1 now loads 8 material seemlessly, with no correction necessary, as far as I've seen. I've loaded a bunch of 8.1's, and set the 8 material on them with no problems.

I had a test I was helping with, had two adjoining surfaces rendering differently. Went through every setting on both surfaces and there weren't any differences. But on my machine and another tester's system one surface was rendering with a bluish/purple tint. On the creator's system it was rendering fine. Sometimes I think these machines we rely on just like throwing things off from time to time to screw with us. I never heard if he ever figured out what was causing the issue.

RVNSN  
#66 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2021 7:45:47 PM(UTC)
RVNSN

Originally Posted by: MidnightWatcher Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Casps Go to Quoted Post

Could someone please help me out? I downloaded Meipe's updated Golden Palace assets for Genesis 8.1, but when I run the script I'm still getting this result: 

Click on the shell and then parameters tab, turn off Body, Head.

Thank you as well. I look forward to an update that has a one-click fix or doesn't have this problem, but this solution appears to work quite well.

SlimerJSpud  
#67 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 7:03:51 PM(UTC)
SlimerJSpud

Thanks for the GP update. Seems to work well for me.

JaxAuff  
#68 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 1:05:39 AM(UTC)
JaxAuff

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Followed everything suggested and not sure if the update will help but before I do that, I just want to see if anyone else has an issue like mine.

@PredatoryBeasts, I am having exactly the same problem as you with the Shell with Vicky 8.1HD, I have tried all the suggestions but doesn't matter what I do I still get that weird colour change on the back and front of the shell.
Looking at the textures I think it might be because they are not setup to suite the new PBRSkin Shader.

Did you every solve this problem, I need to change the anus colour of my Vicky 8.1 HD character and cannot do that without the Shell and they shell is miscolouring the between the bum part (and the front).

Note: I have tried going back to Iray Uber and turning down the Opacity to 0 but doesn't work either - in fact it looks worse.

Meipe  
#69 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 5:45:54 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1233 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Trukn4fun  
#70 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2021 6:59:43 PM(UTC)
Trukn4fun

Just installed the updates and everything works as posted
A HUGE Thank You
TomboBombo1  
#71 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2021 3:39:40 PM(UTC)
TomboBombo1

Thanks mstg2000 for the instructions for fixing Golden Palace Genitals for the Genesis 8.1 figure.
It worked fab! I used your info to create this instructional pdf document (attached).

File Attachment(s):
TheBitterGent  
#72 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2021 3:37:42 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 111 post(s)

Originally Posted by: TomboBombo1 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks mstg2000 for the instructions for fixing Golden Palace Genitals for the Genesis 8.1 figure.
It worked fab! I used your info to create this instructional pdf document (attached).

I can appreciate the effort but, technically Incorrect.

Also, while yes they are numbered I would advise with grafts to run your material copy before adding the geo shell. Saves time for when multiple shells cause it to go white. 

Is there not a "9-Genesis 8_1\GoldenPalace_Material Copy_v2-G8F 8_1.dse" update file not already included in the product download, or free update file link?

Its a one click mat copy script just like before but for G8.1F.

You don't need to mess with changing the UVs or messing about with the PBR shader.

LaBomba1F  
#73 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2022 10:55:19 AM(UTC)
LaBomba1F

I'm new to Daz3D and need help.

The models from the starter pack look like a copy of Barbie.

With the help of Google I found this page. There are addons for Victoria 7 or 8.

The link works for 7 and certainly also the plugin, but not for the Golden Palace version for 8.
In the Daz Shop I saw that Victoria 8.1 is already available. According to the author, 8.1 also works. However, only 8 is displayed as a prerequisite product.

My mistake, I bought 8.1 and installed it with Dim. It shows up under Installed Assets, but I can't find it in the studio. There are already some discussions here, but it's mostly about the materials or an update to 8.1 and not that it's completely missing.

Do I need Victoria 8 from the DaZ Shop or what is needed? I'm confused because the link for Victoria 8 doesn't work?
Meipe  
#74 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2022 1:15:04 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1233 time(s) in 614 post(s)
BrotherHades  
#75 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2022 12:45:52 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Originally Posted by: LaBomba1F Go to Quoted Post
I'm new to Daz3D and need help.

The models from the starter pack look like a copy of Barbie.

With the help of Google I found this page. There are addons for Victoria 7 or 8.

The link works for 7 and certainly also the plugin, but not for the Golden Palace version for 8.
In the Daz Shop I saw that Victoria 8.1 is already available. According to the author, 8.1 also works. However, only 8 is displayed as a prerequisite product.

My mistake, I bought 8.1 and installed it with Dim. It shows up under Installed Assets, but I can't find it in the studio. There are already some discussions here, but it's mostly about the materials or an update to 8.1 and not that it's completely missing.

Do I need Victoria 8 from the DaZ Shop or what is needed? I'm confused because the link for Victoria 8 doesn't work?

Golden Palace for Genesis 8 or 8.1 will show up under People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy in the content library tab (I don't know where or if it shows up under Smart Content as I don't use it)

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
Meipe on 6/23/2022(UTC)