8 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SouthBlade  
#81 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2022 10:27:07 AM(UTC)
SouthBlade

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think some more scanning apparatus would also be good. That and a new gyro for sure and a rack.

A fellow artist also suggested a sort of minimal exoskeleton type thing that fits to the character so that another thing or person can control their movement. Sort of a small hydraulic system that connects to ankles, thighs, waist, elbows, wrists and neck.

Edited by user Saturday, July 23, 2022 11:08:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Streer  
#82 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2022 11:38:06 AM(UTC)
Streer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hey davo! Since this seems like the thread to ask, I'll do so here rather than make a new one: if possible, can you give an ETA on two sets in particular?

Facility 5 "Cold Room" + "The Grand Inquisitor"

I'm also curious as to which of them will be released first. Really looking forward to both of them! Thanks for your time.

thanks 1 user thanked Streer for this useful post.
Sutut on 9/1/2022(UTC)
davo  
#83 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2022 1:23:37 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 165 post(s)
Let's see, the next item up for release is the Facility 5 cold room, probably next Friday-ish depending on if it can be store tested in time.
After that it'll be Bondage Furnishings "Good Doggy", after that probably the VendoBox Wunderwall (those sets are finished) then hopefully I'll have the first installment of Grand Inquisitor done. The Grand Inquisitor is so friggin large and I'm just putting finishing touches on the texturing. I haven't started posing yet for Poser and then I need to convert it to DazStudio, so it's probably a month or so out for the first installment. My work flow is usually get everything finished then decide how to package it, but I might focus just what I want in the core then work on the equipment sets after I get that done, that will allow things to get out sooner. I'll try to get a sample image of how large it is soon. Seriously, there is a shit load of stuff and the texturing is on a new level for me.

Cheers,
Davo
thanks 4 users thanked davo for this useful post.
Streer on 9/1/2022(UTC), Sutut on 9/1/2022(UTC), Darkjoe on 9/3/2022(UTC), Blir on 9/15/2022(UTC)
Darkjoe  
#84 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2022 7:50:14 AM(UTC)
Darkjoe

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)

Hello Davo!

I really like the titles on the spines of the books in "Royal room". Would it be possible to do the same again but with more cruel books (for example: torture guide, the art of execution...) with the "Grand Inquisitor" or in a future item?

In any case your creations remain excellent, I can't wait to buy Facility 5 but especially Grand Inquisitor. 

:)

Edited by user Saturday, September 3, 2022 7:54:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

davo  
#85 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2022 2:31:43 PM(UTC)
davo

I have a new image in the gallery for my Grand Inquisitor inventory. I just finished rigging and texturing and posing for Poser, this is the start for getting it into Daz Studio, which will take a while. I want to break this down into sets: Core and expansions, so I will focus on the DS version starting with the Core rather than doing everything all at once then breaking down into sets.

Just a heads up to let you know things are still coming along :-)

Cheers,
Davo

WizArt  
#86 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2022 5:09:59 PM(UTC)
WizArt

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Originally Posted by: davo Go to Quoted Post
I have a new image in the gallery for my Grand Inquisitor inventory. I just finished rigging and texturing and posing for Poser, this is the start for getting it into Daz Studio, which will take a while. I want to break this down into sets: Core and expansions, so I will focus on the DS version starting with the Core rather than doing everything all at once then breaking down into sets.

Just a heads up to let you know things are still coming along :-)

Cheers,
Davo

Thank you very much for the heads up! The upcoming set looks amazing!

I think that it would be great if you could reduce poses with extreme bending to a minimum, because they look often strange from the side (for example alter 1 or 2), especially if you use add-ons like Meipe's Golden Palace.

Edited by user Thursday, September 15, 2022 5:12:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

davo  
#87 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2022 5:23:02 PM(UTC)
davo

Those poses are all V4 in poser, she does not bend half as well as Genesis 8 unfortunately, but I wanted to show off what I got so far 😀
WizArt  
#88 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2022 11:56:03 AM(UTC)
WizArt

Those poses are all V4 in poser, she does not bend half as well as Genesis 8 unfortunately, ...

Ah ok, that sounds great!

I think that an updated version of the bondage box from your arena expansion pack would fit well to the set. An iron maiden with / without spikes and optional openings could also be interesting.

WizArt  
#89 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2022 1:09:27 PM(UTC)
WizArt

Any news regarding the release of your next set?

davo  
#90 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2022 2:03:11 PM(UTC)
davo

The Core package of the Grand Inquisitor is undergoing beta testing from my peeps before I submit it to the store for final testing, so it's getting closer! I'm starting promo renders now.

D
thanks 4 users thanked davo for this useful post.
Darkjoe on 10/23/2022(UTC), Twisted_Pencil on 10/23/2022(UTC), Sutut on 10/24/2022(UTC), Blir on 10/24/2022(UTC)
WizArt  
#91 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2022 1:27:18 PM(UTC)
WizArt

Cool! I am looking forward to the release!

skinnii  
#92 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 11:19:43 AM(UTC)
skinnii

Any news on when the next Grand Inquisitor set will be released? Looking at the promo pics it looks like it will contain some or all of the seats, stocks and posts and I'm really interested in getting these for DazStudio
davo  
#93 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 1:24:25 PM(UTC)
davo

Originally Posted by: skinnii Go to Quoted Post
Any news on when the next Grand Inquisitor set will be released? Looking at the promo pics it looks like it will contain some or all of the seats, stocks and posts and I'm really interested in getting these for DazStudio

The next Grand Inquisitor set "STOCKS" was just submitted today, so soon on that one.  I'm currently working on the "Storage Facility" for the Vendo Box line, this one is pretty cool actually.

Cheers!

Davo

Akirael  
#94 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 2:25:31 PM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)

Uhh, I actually love the "Toy Box" and I would like to see more Vendo Boxes like this as well as an expenditure of the Backstreet Bang joyrides. 

davo  
#95 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 2:31:03 PM(UTC)
davo

Glad you like the Vendo, this is what's cookin so far. Just a test render, there is an alternate floor with sub-compartments that have doors that open and close, not shown here.

davo attached the following image(s):
storage room_promo2.jpg
thanks 2 users thanked davo for this useful post.
Akirael on 1/12/2023(UTC), Sutut on 1/13/2023(UTC)
Akirael  
#96 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 2:43:07 PM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)

Glad you like the Vendo, this is what's cookin so far. Just a test render, there is an alternate floor with sub-compartments that have doors that open and close, not shown here.

Now give us a thematic-fitting postal office and  I can see a complete delivery chain from a "Candy Box" to the target location.

skinnii  
#97 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 3:15:46 PM(UTC)
skinnii

Originally Posted by: skinnii Go to Quoted Post

The next Grand Inquisitor set "STOCKS" was just submitted today, so soon on that one.  I'm currently working on the "Storage Facility" for the Vendo Box line, this one is pretty cool actually.

Cheers!

Davo

Thanks for the update!

thanks 1 user thanked skinnii for this useful post.
Sutut on 1/13/2023(UTC)
SouthBlade453  
#98 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2023 10:09:07 AM(UTC)
SouthBlade453

This set looks great already. May I ask, do you have any standalone test renders of that restraint in the bottom right?

And am I right in assuming that with that smaller box on the conveyer belt, it closes around the head too?

Great work as always.

davo  
#99 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2023 12:44:24 PM(UTC)
davo

This set looks great already. May I ask, do you have any standalone test renders of that restraint in the bottom right?

And am I right in assuming that with that smaller box on the conveyer belt, it closes around the head too?

Great work as always.

Here is a sneak peek at the box you were referring to in the bottom right.  It has a head covering that by default isn't show in the default pose, but is there if you want to cover the head somewhat. The face mask is a wearable preset that poses into the oxygen/sedative port.  The storage box on the left does indeed have the head covering slide over the head so it is fully enclosed. It has a feeding bay on the bottom with hydration and protein containers. There is in the core package a nutrition station that has armatures that fit over the box's food/water container to fill them up. It's kind of a force feed system on that box.  The coffin style box in the previous image and the nutrition box are part of the core and they also come as a stand alone empty shell with no interior or moveable parts, those can be added to your scene several times without using a lot of precious memory.  There are several pre-assembled racks and stacks that you can populate your scene with.

davo attached the following image(s):
BOXPEEK.jpg
thanks 2 users thanked davo for this useful post.
SouthBlade453 on 1/23/2023(UTC), Sutut on 3/20/2023(UTC)
SouthBlade453  
#100 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2023 5:44:37 AM(UTC)
SouthBlade453

Hey Davo, any idea when the expansion above for the Vendo Storage Room will be for sale? I'm working on a story at the moment that the storage box 3 would be perfect for so just wondered.