Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KableSelec  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 1:59:12 AM(UTC)
KableSelec

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)

Use an image hosting site, because those links are no good here- one is dead and the other requires login to view. -Or better yet, just post to the gallery!

thanks 1 user thanked KableSelec for this useful post.
Only-a-Noob on 9/27/2019(UTC)
Only-a-Noob  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 4:05:14 AM(UTC)
Only-a-Noob

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks, I have updated the links, cant upload to gallery cuz they are larger files
Zaavaleta  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 5:52:14 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Nice picture. Personally, I like to use mesh lights instead of spotlights because you don't get such harsh shadows. You can create your own mesh light by making a primitive plane, applying the iray uber shader and turning emission on. Then you can place it anywhere you want in the scene.

To make the skin more realistic, I usually turn down the glossiness (or specular/reflection or whatever it's called). That way it doesn't look so shiny.

thanks 1 user thanked Zaavaleta for this useful post.
Only-a-Noob  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 7:07:36 AM(UTC)
Only-a-Noob

Originally Posted by: Zaavaleta Go to Quoted Post

Nice picture. Personally, I like to use mesh lights instead of spotlights because you don't get such harsh shadows. You can create your own mesh light by making a primitive plane, applying the iray uber shader and turning emission on. Then you can place it anywhere you want in the scene.

To make the skin more realistic, I usually turn down the glossiness (or specular/reflection or whatever it's called). That way it doesn't look so shiny.

I was actually going for some hard shadows to emphasize the direct sunlight from the windows, to that effect I purposefully lowered the luminance from ceiling mesh lights.

By looking at the images does anything seem off? or is it ok? Also how do I add text on it to make it a comic, daz doesnt have text ?

Zaavaleta  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 1:56:39 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Originally Posted by: hamaid Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Zaavaleta Go to Quoted Post

I was actually going for some hard shadows to emphasize the direct sunlight from the windows, to that effect I purposefully lowered the luminance from ceiling mesh lights.

By looking at the images does anything seem off? or is it ok? Also how do I add text on it to make it a comic, daz doesnt have text ?

Oh. ok, if that's what you're going for, then its fine. I'm not sure about comic text. I bought Smith Micro Anime Studio (or Manga Studio, I can't remember) years ago, but never used it. It's discontinued anyway so I don't know what people are using now.

cheesymaid  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 7:00:36 PM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Was thanked: 219 time(s) in 183 post(s)

For comics/speech bubbles, many of us use Comic Life 3... https://plasq.com/apps/comiclife/macwin/

Really, getting "good" requires post-render work. Get used to things like GIMP or PhotoShop, and learn to create the effects that you want after you've generated a render. The render is a starting point from which you make art.

There's also a balance between "realism" in lighting and lighting what people look at. One of the things I read about Pixar... they don't light for realism. They light for effect. The light needs to help tell the story, and if shadow is getting in the way of the viewer's appreciation of the story, then kill the shadow. That's the main message.

I think your approach to lighting is structured towards a view of reality that isn't helping your image do what it needs to. People want to see her pussy and her tits. Why cast those in more shadow?

Edited by user Friday, September 27, 2019 7:02:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Stupid editor making me do HTML code...

thanks 1 user thanked cheesymaid for this useful post.
Only-a-Noob  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 9:26:51 PM(UTC)
Only-a-Noob

Originally Posted by: cheesymaid Go to Quoted Post

For comics/speech bubbles, many of us use Comic Life 3... https://plasq.com/apps/comiclife/macwin/

Really, getting "good" requires post-render work. Get used to things like GIMP or PhotoShop, and learn to create the effects that you want after you've generated a render. The render is a starting point from which you make art.

There's also a balance between "realism" in lighting and lighting what people look at. One of the things I read about Pixar... they don't light for realism. They light for effect. The light needs to help tell the story, and if shadow is getting in the way of the viewer's appreciation of the story, then kill the shadow. That's the main message.

I think your approach to lighting is structured towards a view of reality that isn't helping your image do what it needs to. People want to see her pussy and her tits. Why cast those in more shadow?

Thankyou @cheesymaid, that was quite helpful and it gave me a new perspective.