2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shadoman  
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:52:49 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

The down load comes in 3 parts and if you have P-11  it's all free you just need to have your serial number on hand

part 1 was loading the new version of poser

part 2 was the P-11 support file 295 MB

part 3 required the P-11 Serial number  for that you get seperate files for baby luna,   dawn  dusk  Hivewire horse, and dusk gorilla   and several other files 23 in all

then there was the legacy files basically older poser content  They give you the choice of what to download and what you can pass on. or download them all and then keep and choose later what to download

some Items I am not sure if I can just add to a P-11 runtime file or should I put them with the main P-11 content I can play around with that.  One thing I can say is either a lot of folks were downloading the content or their server is very slow  I have super fast internet download speeds and a 2GB file took like 3.5 minutes to download

but all is loaded and I can take my time when to play with it

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
revbayes  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:33:38 PM(UTC)
revbayes

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)

I have 11.1 and 11.2 both running on my computer right now. I have confirmed 11.1 "calls home"...11.2 does not. At some time or other, 11.1 should stop running. I'll keep it going as long as it will run...hopefully until the bugs get worked out in 11.2.

What are those bugs, you ask? From what I've seen, they're mostly related to python scripts. If your favorite scripts have a little age on them, they probably won't work. But then again, maybe they will. My number one script, D3D's XL Library, no longer works. EZSkin 2 doesn't work simply because it doesn't like Poser's new version number. EZSkin 3 is fine, but it's not as comprehensive as version 2.  Reality won't even load. Phil Cook's stuff seems ok. The rest of D3D's scripts work fine. 

I think 11.2 is a tad slower rendering sub-surface scattering, but I'm not sure. 

The main thing for me is XL Library. There's no way I want to go back to using Poser's default library after all these years. 

I'll keep picking the thing apart over the next few days and let those who want to/have to update know what I find.

Everything I know about jazz guitar I learned from Helen Reddy's version of "Where is the Love".
thanks 1 user thanked revbayes for this useful post.
shadoman on 9/20/2019(UTC)
revbayes  
#23 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2019 2:57:26 PM(UTC)
revbayes

So Snarlygribbly has fixes for most the python problems. From what I've seen, many of the issues stem from Bondware changing the way Poser does its version number. Seems that some scripts look to see if the version is at or above a certain number in order to be able to run. Bondware's new number system registers below the minimum necessary for those scripts. 

Everything I know about jazz guitar I learned from Helen Reddy's version of "Where is the Love".
trailfire  
#24 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 5:47:25 PM(UTC)
trailfire

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I've very happy happy that *deleted* has taken over Poser. It's didn't do well under Smith Micro's ownership and Daz3d seriously needs a competitor.
thanks 1 user thanked trailfire for this useful post.
bodo on 10/1/2019(UTC)
drafter69  
#25 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 9:56:15 AM(UTC)
drafter69

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
"They make clothes for V4? Why??"

I hope the management is not expecting Poser to live in the past with M4 and V4.... If they ignore the genesis quality figures then I will ignore the program. The Gen figures are too high quality to ignore.
thanks 1 user thanked drafter69 for this useful post.
contedesfees on 9/30/2019(UTC)
shadoman  
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 11:16:20 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Originally Posted by: drafter69 Go to Quoted Post
"They make clothes for V4? Why??"

I hope the management is not expecting Poser to live in the past with M4 and V4.... If they ignore the genesis quality figures then I will ignore the program. The Gen figures are too high quality to ignore.

I do not think they have a choice in ignoring the genesis figures the formats for the most just cant comply with each other and in the beginning I might have said it could,  but the DSON converter that was to assiist with the V5 M5 figures were a start,  but DAZ did not include DSON items in everything product the released 

I purchased the V5 M5 bundles with DSOn and was about to employ them into Poser pro 2010 or 12 and then I heard some of the horror stories from other poser artist and just did not bother adding them to my runtime.

Poser vendors are fading from the landscape and and this site has but a handful of artist creating Poser items. Not sure what I'd do if DAVO gave up on Poser..   I'm not int the mood nor am I at an age where I wantto switch formats and lay out a ton of money for DAZ..  I gave them more than enough during the V-1 to V-4 era 

I make due with Poser for and give thanks for the Vendors who create non DAZ items

I have a Huge runtime Library that is surpassed by only a handful of  Artist who do Poser related renders and I ocassionaly add to it if I feel the item is right for my projects and I did download the P-11.2 upgrade for free and I am looking into the chance that Le Femme could be usedull in a few of my projects

Regards  Shado

The Shado Knows
thanks 1 user thanked shadoman for this useful post.
bodo on 10/1/2019(UTC)
revbayes  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 3:46:32 AM(UTC)
revbayes

Got me curious as to the size of my present runtime. 888 GB...and the only reason it's not larger is that a while ago I decided to reduce the size of every single texture in my textures folder by 50% and in addition optimize my jpg compression. The result is no loss in quality of my renders, and a reduction of about 75% in the amount of space used for textures in my runtime. If I didn't do that, the runtime probably would be over 2.5 TB. 

shadoman  
#28 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 3:30:37 PM(UTC)
shadoman

My current Poser runtime Library is just under 300 GB  but that does not include the runtimes for all the stuff that covered V1 / M1 to V3 /M3 amd stephie and Aiko  so one could add about 50-75 GB for that stuff  It also does not include the old Transmap hair for those figures

I still have all that stuff but when daz put the lo rez figures and the last two sets of figures included with Poser.  I felt I did not need the V3 M3 lo rex figures as they were a bitch to pose

Shado

The Shado Knows
Zaavaleta  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 5:58:18 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Originally Posted by: revbayes Go to Quoted Post

Got me curious as to the size of my present runtime. 888 GB...and the only reason it's not larger is that a while ago I decided to reduce the size of every single texture in my textures folder by 50% and in addition optimize my jpg compression. The result is no loss in quality of my renders, and a reduction of about 75% in the amount of space used for textures in my runtime. If I didn't do that, the runtime probably would be over 2.5 TB. 

What program did you use to reduce the texture sizes? Just wondering.

revbayes  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 9:26:20 PM(UTC)
revbayes

Originally Posted by: Zaavaleta Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: revbayes Go to Quoted Post

What program did you use to reduce the texture sizes? Just wondering.

Fotosizer. Standard addition. Shareware. Does batches and puts them in a clone of the folder they came from. You can then overwrite your current folder with the clone. No issues with it. Simply resizing the width and height to 50%. Winds up saving up to 80% in hard drive space. 

thanks 1 user thanked revbayes for this useful post.
Zaavaleta on 10/3/2019(UTC)