Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pat22  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:03:13 AM(UTC)
pat22

hi,

i have some problem to find the good light set for all my interior scene.

I would like to light my scene, like in this renders

https://www.renderotica.com/store/sku/60850_Temple-Of-Memories-3-Episode-2

Anyone know what light set he used?

thx

Zeppelin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:57:04 AM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 96 post(s)
If you want overall even lighting, leave the headlamp on, it will keep all angles properly illuminated. The down side is you need to turn this off when using specific lighting techniques. Here is a good tutorial that taught me a lot of how the lighting works in Studio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ged71iQ10ZA
pat22  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 7:13:45 PM(UTC)
pat22

thx
i already know this youtuber and watch some of his videos.

The problem with headlamp is, it's really bad with white color, white is too bright with headlamp
bitch.in.heat  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 5:59:45 AM(UTC)
bitch.in.heat

Originally Posted by: pat22 Go to Quoted Post
thx

The problem with headlamp is, it's really bad with white color, white is too bright with headlamp

Have you tried using ghost lights? https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/127056/ghost-lights-interior-lighting-tutorial

Personally I've used OmniFreak's UberEnvironment light and I think it works fairly well, although the only downside is that if you're like me and render in 3Delight you seem to have to set it to "Ambient (No Ray Tracing)" in the settings unless you want to have incredibly grainy renders. I've used it with three-four different spotlights and an ambient light from Age of Armour. I don't know if you can change the tone/warmth of the headlamp as I don't use it myself but you can using UberEnvironment or the ambient lights. 

SnarltheWerewolf  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 6:46:14 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 77 post(s)

Heartily endorse the ghost lights. They work well and are faster for renders than spotlights. Just make sure when setting them up that you do not directly shine them on the characters or you will get heavy discolored shadows.

Originally Posted by: bitch.in.heat Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: pat22 Go to Quoted Post
thx

Have you tried using ghost lights? https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/127056/ghost-lights-interior-lighting-tutorial

Personally I've used OmniFreak's UberEnvironment light and I think it works fairly well, although the only downside is that if you're like me and render in 3Delight you seem to have to set it to "Ambient (No Ray Tracing)" in the settings unless you want to have incredibly grainy renders. I've used it with three-four different spotlights and an ambient light from Age of Armour. I don't know if you can change the tone/warmth of the headlamp as I don't use it myself but you can using UberEnvironment or the ambient lights. 

mjw  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 12:36:08 PM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
I have just attempted this, but find that there are many sparkles showing on a figure away from the light source. Any thoughts, anyone, please?
mjw attached the following image(s):
Ghost light sparkles.JPG
SnarltheWerewolf  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 4:59:31 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Gonna need more details.

How many ghost lights? What the settings for the lights they're emitting? Any other light sources in the room? Any super reflective materials like glass or mirrors or high glossed surfaces (including the figure)? What's the tone mapping settings? especially the ISO, Shutter Speed, and F Stop?

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
I have just attempted this, but find that there are many sparkles showing on a figure away from the light source. Any thoughts, anyone, please?

mjw  
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 8:12:34 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
Lot of questons Snarl. 3 lights, settings as in the tutorial, not aware of another source. Upper figure is glossy? Not sure about the rest.
SnarltheWerewolf  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 10:36:51 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

You'd have to go into Render Settings and then "Tone Mapping". If the scene is lit too darkly then you're going to need to up the ISO or lower the Shutter Speed or lower the F/Stop. I'd also turn off the headlight on your camera. The pic is very tiny, but from what I can see the figure has a lot more light on them then background behind it, that's usually a sign that the scene doesn't have enough lights or the tone mapping is set too darkly and the headlight camera is overcompensating to make up for it.
firstboywonder  
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 2:08:22 PM(UTC)
firstboywonder

The general all-purpose answer to your question is: The Emissive Shader.
The cheap-and-quick way to get wall-to-wall interior lighting is:
1. create a primitive plane - Create --> New Primitive. The default should be Plane (a flat 2d surface). Drop that into the scene. Expand it to roughly the size of your room, and raise it to near the ceiling.
2. The basic plane does not have the attributes we have so we have to add them.
a. Click on the Surface Selection Tool
b. Select the plane
c. Go to Surfaces - Editor and you can see all the attributes. We're going to change those.
d. Go to Presets - Shaders. Expand Shaders. Go down to iRay
e. Select the iRay shaders. Apply 'iRay Uber Base' to the plane.
3. Once we go back to the editor, we see a huge new set of attributes. Go down to 'Emission Color'. It will be black. Changing it to anything else causes that surface to emit light. Change it to White. This also adds a further set of new attributes.
a. Specifically, you're going to be concerned with: Emission Temperature, Two Sided Light, Luminance, and Luminance Units.
4. Keep the default temperature for now. The basics: the higher the number, the more blue it adds. The lower, the more red.
5. Turn Two Sided Light off. We only want one side of the primitive to emit light.
6. Luminance is the strength of the light emitted by the plane. It's going to default to 1500 or so.
This is where things get tricky and finicky. The light entirely depends on how much area is being lit. Having a two-hundred foot ceiling is very different from having an 8-foot ceiling.
For now, keep it at the default. This is where you're going to be doing a lot of back-and-forth as you test things.
7. Luminance Units is also an attribute you might fool with a LOT. For now, though, leave it alone.

Render the scene. Light should now flood the area because you have this massive plane emitting light like a giant ceiling light. It's probably too much light, in fact, washing out some details.
But that's where the back-and-forth comes in.
Change Luminance up or down. Change the color - make it more grey to 'blunt' the effect a bit.

I highly suggest Sickleyield's tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/..._yhVozEcxG8O&index=2
https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5FZ5gS9v50