4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BrotherHades  
#61 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 10:24:58 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Darkseal Go to Quoted Post
I don't really make complex scenes too much but I have no idea what a scene tab would even do. I just click on the items in the 3d view I want to edit/move/etc... I don't mind the materials having a separate tab, it's pretty much like other 3d softwares like maya where you need to open a separate tab to use the more complex features (hypershade).... which for the most part i don't use anymore since I render with the octane plugin. Superfly no longer renders for me since I use a rtx card now.

Simply put the scene tab lists all the items you have loaded and lines them up in a neat list, it also shows items as being fit to (conformed) or parented, under the main figure which is easily collapsible. It is my opinion much easier to quickly switch from one figure to another using the scene tab than using the drop down boxes in Poser (Especially if you have to select multiple props to delete at once, you just select them all in the scene tab or even the parent object if there is one and press right click which pulls up a context menu and then you choose delete. Much easier than selecting one prop at a time and then clicking delete object when a set loads in with 20+ props in Poser)

gazukull  
#62 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 12:07:30 PM(UTC)
gazukull

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

In my mind, the biggest feature of the scene tab:  The ability to group items, make them unselectable / invisible with a single click.  Group up the background elements, then just turn invisible and unselectable in screen for session until you need to do anything with it.  

DS has a seperate surface tab, but when I was talking about the MAT I meant the MAT poses, which in Poser land, the PA's would stick under Materials or under Poses willy nilly.  In DS land, for conformers the MAT poses are almost universally within a sub folder of the conformer.  No more digging through the Library > Mat Poses nonsense anymore.  

Now for characters, they were putting official DS figures mats under Materials but the PA's were putting them under characters.  For generation 8 it is all under characters now.  

All of this, is functionality beyond the real reason I quite Poser, little to no bugs or random crashes.  I know a ton of folks were like, just use Poser 2014 instead of P11...  Well... You could use DS and not worry about 1/10th of the bugs I would encounter whilst using Poser.  Arguably, it seems like no one on the Poser side would put in tickets but instead bitch on *deleted*.  Daz actually does things with trouble tickets.

Now if could only sell my two p11 licenses and 3 octane licenses...

Rubbermatt  
#63 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 3:58:49 PM(UTC)
Rubbermatt

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Simply put the scene tab lists all the items you have loaded and lines them up in a neat list, it also shows items as being fit to (conformed) or parented, under the main figure which is easily collapsible. It is my opinion much easier to quickly switch from one figure to another using the scene tab than using the drop down boxes in Poser (Especially if you have to select multiple props to delete at once, you just select them all in the scene tab or even the parent object if there is one and press right click which pulls up a context menu and then you choose delete. Much easier than selecting one prop at a time and then clicking delete object when a set loads in with 20+ props in Poser)

You can do all that in Poser, using the Hierarchy Editor.
Functionally it works just like the scene tab, including deleting multiple objects and figures at once.

BrotherHades  
#64 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 6:16:22 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Rubbermatt Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

You can do all that in Poser, using the Hierarchy Editor.
Functionally it works just like the scene tab, including deleting multiple objects and figures at once.

Thanks, I had not realized the Hierarchy editor was there. Might be helpful in testing multi figure pose packs. I even found out using the Hierarchy Editor can instantly crash Poser 11. If you try to collapse everything down to the Universe it crashes every time.