11 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrDysto  
#61 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2022 1:21:57 PM(UTC)
MrDysto

I purchased this last night. I have been very happy with your products, but this one is giving me trouble. I am using the Pixie 9 character. When I follow the instructions to apply the new genitalia, I get a strange effect on the skin. Everything looks good unless I switch the view to iray or try to render the image. When I do that, the skin in that area is way too bright. It looks like she is wearing light colored skin tight shorts. I am not sure what to do about it, but the product does not work for me.

Akirael  
#62 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2022 12:35:44 PM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 27 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: thedeadjester Go to Quoted Post

Sorry to hear you are not well, I hope you get better soon. When you are better I thought I would add this example. Here is what I was able to do with MeshGrabber on NG to get it to look more like what I want (and what I think looks more realistic):

I adjusted the labia minor with some random variations as well as closed the gap between the glutes up to the anus to make it more linear and smooth to the opening of the anus. Basically a morph that converges the two sides of the glutes to the base of the anus would do the trick and adding some more morphs to multiple parts of the labia minor (the topology is good enough to suppor this).

Cool! 

So your main goal is to make the butt look more natural when the thighs are splayed? Could you share me this scene for the referring? I only need the character + ng9. 

Is MeshGrabber easy to use? Morphs have too little flexibility in adjusting the shape...

Meshgrabber is your run-of-the-mill vertex manipulator, but you will need the add-on for rotations. It is implemented as a typical DAZ tool with a three-axis gizmo. Via the tool settings, you can refine the falloff to adjacent vertices and the size of said falloff zone. It is pretty much a godsend to everyone that doesn't want to deal with advanced modelling programmes for minor changes.

thanks 1 user thanked Akirael for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 1/4/2023(UTC)
thedeadjester  
#63 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2023 8:42:47 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 19 post(s)

Sorry to hear you are not well, I hope you get better soon. When you are better I thought I would add this example. Here is what I was able to do with MeshGrabber on NG to get it to look more like what I want (and what I think looks more realistic):

I adjusted the labia minor with some random variations as well as closed the gap between the glutes up to the anus to make it more linear and smooth to the opening of the anus. Basically a morph that converges the two sides of the glutes to the base of the anus would do the trick and adding some more morphs to multiple parts of the labia minor (the topology is good enough to suppor this).

Cool! 

So your main goal is to make the butt look more natural when the thighs are splayed? Could you share me this scene for the referring? I only need the character + ng9. 

Is MeshGrabber easy to use? Morphs have too little flexibility in adjusting the shape...

I replied to you with two files in a PM. 

I would say Mesh Grabber is easy to use and, as someone else on here pointed out, it is a godsend. I find that you need to do the tweaks to the mesh early in the "framing" process of the scene, otherwise it gets less responsive the more materials, objects and morphs you add to the scene. I would argue to the investment in morphs for the base product could be recouped with an add-on product as opposed to relying on people to buy Mesh Grabber (a vendor tool) and have the patience/understanding to use the product. That's just my two cents. 

thanks 1 user thanked thedeadjester for this useful post.
3feetwolf  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2023 8:40:17 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 259 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Hi,
I have uploaded a new installation package, this update fixes the problem that the shape of NG9 is abnormal when it is applied to some characters. Once approved, you can re-download and install the new version.
My next focus was on adding wet effects to NG9, which is almost done. If all goes well, I will upload a test package tomorrow for you to try.
3feetwolf attached the following image(s):
19.jpg
thanks 4 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Oxidation1988 on 1/3/2023(UTC), Akirael on 1/4/2023(UTC), haruchai on 1/4/2023(UTC), billyben on 1/4/2023(UTC)
Oxidation1988  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2023 9:32:06 AM(UTC)
Oxidation1988

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Hi,
I have uploaded a new installation package, this update fixes the problem that the shape of NG9 is abnormal when it is applied to some characters. Once approved, you can re-download and install the new version.
My next focus was on adding wet effects to NG9, which is almost done. If all goes well, I will upload a test package tomorrow for you to try.

You made my day XD

shoei321  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2023 12:15:11 PM(UTC)
shoei321

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hi 3FeetWolf, nice work on the GF9 gens.  Your gens props have always been the best of the bunch, and this is one is no exception. 

I have a few feature suggestions and questions  --

1) The material preprocessing is unfortunately a bit slow.   Have you thought about running the texture preprocessing concurrently?  This could potentially speed things up significantly.   The texture creation process (under the Customize Genitalia -> Create button) might also benefit from parallelization.  

2) For the clitoral foreskin option (Use Labia Minora Color vs Use Skin Color), it would be nice to be able to control how much of each is used.   For example, I'd like to use the base material skin color but also blend in some amount of the labia minor color.   Instead of a radio button, perhaps a slider could be used to control this blending ratio.    The same approach would be useful for controlling the Labia Majora Skin Color vs Overlay Color ratio. 

3) Your G8 gens prop had a Labia Majora Swelling script, which added some additional redness to the labia majora texture.   If you implement something similar for the G9 prop, it would be very nice to be able to control the color and strength of this effect.    This could be done easily with the G8 prop since it uses LIE texture layers, but it seems that the G9 textures are all pre-baked and don't rely on the LIE system. 

Thanks for your excellent work.

thanks 1 user thanked shoei321 for this useful post.
3feetwolf  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2023 10:20:08 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: shoei321 Go to Quoted Post

Hi 3FeetWolf, nice work on the GF9 gens.  Your gens props have always been the best of the bunch, and this is one is no exception. 

I have a few feature suggestions and questions  --

1) The material preprocessing is unfortunately a bit slow.   Have you thought about running the texture preprocessing concurrently?  This could potentially speed things up significantly.   The texture creation process (under the Customize Genitalia -> Create button) might also benefit from parallelization.  

2) For the clitoral foreskin option (Use Labia Minora Color vs Use Skin Color), it would be nice to be able to control how much of each is used.   For example, I'd like to use the base material skin color but also blend in some amount of the labia minor color.   Instead of a radio button, perhaps a slider could be used to control this blending ratio.    The same approach would be useful for controlling the Labia Majora Skin Color vs Overlay Color ratio. 

3) Your G8 gens prop had a Labia Majora Swelling script, which added some additional redness to the labia majora texture.   If you implement something similar for the G9 prop, it would be very nice to be able to control the color and strength of this effect.    This could be done easily with the G8 prop since it uses LIE texture layers, but it seems that the G9 textures are all pre-baked and don't rely on the LIE system. 

Thanks for your excellent work.

Hi, 

1) Yes, I must admit that the pre-processing of the texture requires the user to wait for a long time. Could you please elaborate on the parallel processing you mentioned? I'm completely clueless about it and don't know if daz script and python support this. 

2) When I designed the function of Customize Genitalia, I thought about the same idea as you, but I gave up because I was worried that the program would be too complicated. I will add it in the future if necessary. 

3) This function has been implemented in NG9, you just need to choose the appropriate color for the labia majora. The color you choose does not replace the original texture of the labia majora, but overlays it. This means that as long as you choose the right color, you can add extra red to the labia majora like the NG8. Of course, if I add the function of controlling the color blending ratio you mentioned to NG9 in the future, then it will be more convenient to obtain the desired result. 

3feetwolf  
#68 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2023 10:22:38 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Oxidation1988 Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

You made my day XD

Wet effect test pack is uploaded :)

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Trollkungett on 1/9/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2023 10:30:58 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I replied to you with two files in a PM. 

I would say Mesh Grabber is easy to use and, as someone else on here pointed out, it is a godsend. I find that you need to do the tweaks to the mesh early in the "framing" process of the scene, otherwise it gets less responsive the more materials, objects and morphs you add to the scene. I would argue to the investment in morphs for the base product could be recouped with an add-on product as opposed to relying on people to buy Mesh Grabber (a vendor tool) and have the patience/understanding to use the product. That's just my two cents. 

Hi, 

Thank you very much for the suggestion and the files! I just wanted to see what Mesh Grabber can achieve and use it as a reference when improving NG9. 

shoei321  
#70 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2023 3:26:13 PM(UTC)
shoei321

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hey 3FeetWolf, it looks like there are 7 textures that need to be preprocessed, and you are currently doing them one after the other (serially).   I was suggesting that you preprocess all 7 at once (in parallel), which can significantly speed things up.   All modern desktop systems will have multiple CPU cores available to take on concurrent workloads like this.   

I don't believe Daz Script has a multi-threading capability, but Python has good support for doing this.   Your preprocessing.exe binary is what appears to be doing the work -- I assume this is your code.    Here's a good article on implementing something like this in Python - https://www.digitalocean...-multiprocessing-example

Thanks

thanks 1 user thanked shoei321 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 1/8/2023(UTC)
Oxidation1988  
#71 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2023 5:39:04 PM(UTC)
Oxidation1988

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

The Model Ariel 9 seems to have some sort of over lip on the inner thighs near the NG9 area.

thanks 1 user thanked Oxidation1988 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 1/8/2023(UTC)
MrDysto  
#72 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2023 1:21:57 PM(UTC)
MrDysto

EDIT: So this appears to be a PBR issue. If I select the legs and body on the new gens, then add the PBR skin, they work once the materials are copied back. That sorts out the legs and body part, but the genitalia is still jacked up. 

This is the issue I mentioned earlier with Pixie 9 after applying the product and trying to render.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lvwjtkCDkAqhN8PhNIHa9oo2XC5oSseb/view?usp=share_link

Edited by user Saturday, January 7, 2023 1:59:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3feetwolf  
#73 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2023 9:44:28 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: shoei321 Go to Quoted Post

Hey 3FeetWolf, it looks like there are 7 textures that need to be preprocessed, and you are currently doing them one after the other (serially).   I was suggesting that you preprocess all 7 at once (in parallel), which can significantly speed things up.   All modern desktop systems will have multiple CPU cores available to take on concurrent workloads like this.   

I don't believe Daz Script has a multi-threading capability, but Python has good support for doing this.   Your preprocessing.exe binary is what appears to be doing the work -- I assume this is your code.    Here's a good article on implementing something like this in Python - https://www.digitalocean...-multiprocessing-example

Thanks

Hi, 

Thanks for the explanation, I will try to improve the preprocessing python program. 

3feetwolf  
#74 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2023 9:45:33 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Oxidation1988 Go to Quoted Post

The Model Ariel 9 seems to have some sort of over lip on the inner thighs near the NG9 area.

Thank you, I will check it out. 

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Oxidation1988 on 1/8/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#75 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2023 10:06:51 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: MrDysto Go to Quoted Post

EDIT: So this appears to be a PBR issue. If I select the legs and body on the new gens, then add the PBR skin, they work once the materials are copied back. That sorts out the legs and body part, but the genitalia is still jacked up. 

This is the issue I mentioned earlier with Pixie 9 after applying the product and trying to render.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lvwjtkCDkAqhN8PhNIHa9oo2XC5oSseb/view?usp=share_link

Oh, I'm so sorry I missed your previous post...
I just tested Pixie 9 in my daz studio, after preprocessing, customizing gens, then applying NG9 and rendering, didn't encounter the problem. So I don't know what is causing this problem for the time being. 
Could you save this problematic scene as a duf file and send it to me? I will find out why this problem occurs and fix it.

phantom11  
#76 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 11:39:05 AM(UTC)
phantom11

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Hey there, I'm a big fan of your products, and was excited about this one, but it's still giving me problems on custom figures, even after the update was installed.  I keep getting results like this:

Any ideas for a fix?

3feetwolf  
#77 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 9:18:33 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: phantom11 Go to Quoted Post

Hey there, I'm a big fan of your products, and was excited about this one, but it's still giving me problems on custom figures, even after the update was installed.  I keep getting results like this:

Any ideas for a fix?

Hi, I am very sorry for the inconvenience...

Could you tell me which character you are using? 

phantom11  
#78 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2023 9:25:07 AM(UTC)
phantom11

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
That character is Kristen by pixeluna; I'm also getting similar distortions when I use it on Tyler and Stella by bluejaunte.
thanks 1 user thanked phantom11 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 1/15/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#79 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2023 4:44:48 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: phantom11 Go to Quoted Post
That character is Kristen by pixeluna; I'm also getting similar distortions when I use it on Tyler and Stella by bluejaunte.

Thanks, I will make an update as soon as possible. 

mrvoll  
#80 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2023 1:13:39 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Any update on when pubes for GF9 will be made available?