3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jp5253s  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, July 7, 2021 12:10:23 PM(UTC)
jp5253s

Will this product work with New Gens by 3fleetwolf ?
Thunder-3D  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, July 7, 2021 3:36:00 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

Originally Posted by: jp5253s Go to Quoted Post
Will this product work with New Gens by 3fleetwolf ?

It isn't designed for new gens, but if new gens has a "default" torso UV set, it should be easy enough to manually copy the torso surface to the new gens torso area.

I honsetly haven't tried it, would be interested to see the results if anyone has.

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
DirtyMindDesigns on 5/23/2022(UTC)
poochyboi  
#43 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2021 1:00:10 AM(UTC)
poochyboi

Hi, I've recently started dabbling into male models and tried using the USM shell with the genesis 8 male model. However, as soon as I use it the genitalia reverts back to the grey untextured default colour. Nothing I do seems to be able to return the mat back to is original mat. Is this product compatible with male genitalia?

Thunder-3D  
#44 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2021 8:39:01 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: poochyboi Go to Quoted Post

Hi, I've recently started dabbling into male models and tried using the USM shell with the genesis 8 male model. However, as soon as I use it the genitalia reverts back to the grey untextured default colour. Nothing I do seems to be able to return the mat back to is original mat. Is this product compatible with male genitalia?

Currently USM works with Dicktator by Meipe, but not the basic DAZ gens.

If you're comfortable with the surfaces tab, I did leave some maps for DAZ gens in the runtime folder for customizers, however I don't recommend using the DAZ gens as they tend to stretch the water droplets and the effect just doesn't look good. While the DAZ gens have an "erect" pose, they were designed for "display" in the flaccid state, they're not really designed for use in sex scenes.

poochyboi on 7/11/2021(UTC)
poochyboi  
#45 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2021 9:38:32 PM(UTC)
poochyboi

Originally Posted by: Thunder-3D Go to Quoted Post

If you're comfortable with the surfaces tab, I did leave some maps for DAZ gens in the runtime folder for customizers, however I don't recommend using the DAZ gens as they tend to stretch the water droplets and the effect just doesn't look good. While the DAZ gens have an "erect" pose, they were designed for "display" in the flaccid state, they're not really designed for use in sex scenes.

Many thanks for the reply! I eventually got dicktator (by meipe) to work with the USM, however, ive noticed the USM doesnt apply to the dicktator model. Im not too fussed about that but i was wondering if there was a step by step process i had to follow to get USM to apply itself to the dicktator node. Cheers in advance!

Thunder-3D  
#46 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2021 4:11:17 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Many thanks for the reply! I eventually got dicktator (by meipe) to work with the USM, however, ive noticed the USM doesnt apply to the dicktator model. Im not too fussed about that but i was wondering if there was a step by step process i had to follow to get USM to apply itself to the dicktator node. Cheers in advance!

Check the "DicktaLuscious" folder under USM male, there's a separate shell so you can adjust the dicktator wetness separately from the rest of the body, or add wetness to dicktator only :) Apply the DicktaLuscious shell to the figure, not just the dicktator :)

poochyboi on 7/12/2021(UTC)
poochyboi  
#47 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2021 8:36:14 PM(UTC)
poochyboi

Check the "DicktaLuscious" folder under USM male, there's a separate shell so you can adjust the dicktator wetness separately from the rest of the body, or add wetness to dicktator only :) Apply the DicktaLuscious shell to the figure, not just the dicktator :)

Legend! works well! Many thanks for the help and keep up the great work! Been loving everything about the USM shells. Its alot better than the other products available out there like the wet and tanned skins or the skin doctor by SF.

BigBlueProstatePoker  
#48 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 1:11:57 PM(UTC)
BigBlueProstatePoker

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Recommendation for an add-on: Hair water shaders.

I love the product for making people look like they're actually in a shower or pool, but one of the downsides is the hair now sticks out like a sore thumb because it's bone dry. I've cobbled together my own version, but I've noticed a lot of hair shaders use the same layout for their texture, meaning it might be feasible to make some materials to cover a generic hair geometry shell.
Thunder-3D  
#49 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 11:03:05 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: BigBlueProstatePoker Go to Quoted Post
Recommendation for an add-on: Hair water shaders. I love the product for making people look like they're actually in a shower or pool, but one of the downsides is the hair now sticks out like a sore thumb because it's bone dry. I've cobbled together my own version, but I've noticed a lot of hair shaders use the same layout for their texture, meaning it might be feasible to make some materials to cover a generic hair geometry shell.

It's a great idea, and I've been working on a shader to give materials a wet look, but it requires a little user modification to copy a map and I'm a crappy coder so I haven't figured out how to fully automate the process. That said, it's definitely something I want to include in a future USM expansion, basically a one click shader change for wet hair, and then a couple of one click shader changes for wet materials like fabrics. There's more planned on the way for USM late summer/fall :)

Personally, for now I use hairs designed purposely by the artists to appear wet, OutOfTouch has some great ones that I use often.