Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
imsaneuk  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 6:39:10 AM(UTC)
imsaneuk

Looking at site if i dont pay $35 may art will never show up in galleries, means no one can see my art as i have not paid for privilege for posting.

Apart from buying stuff means it a waste of time me doing art to post, means need to find another site to post to.

rbug02  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 10:00:54 AM(UTC)
rbug02

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Where did you see this?
I'm here for the donuts.....
Where are they??
Velshtein  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 3:06:34 PM(UTC)
Velshtein

Was thanked: 321 time(s) in 308 post(s)

Never seen that message before. Plus I saw a new pic of yours recently in the gallery.

shadoman  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 12:16:15 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

Any member of renderotica can post to the main gallery providing if conforms to the TOS

You are limited to a certain amount of free postings per day and I think that is 5 I think there might even be a size limitation  but do not quote me on that part

If you purchase a Premier Artist package, you can then post up to 15 images per day and are allowed certain perks  This is the $35 you are replying to.  

BUT it's not MANDATORY 

To Management

We need some sort of Members Mandate posted  so these questions do not crop up.. I know there must be a lo9t of stuff happening behind the scenes. but the occasional posting by management are few and far between.. 

Members need to know what they can and cannot do  and a link to where this is at.  Is it too much to ask.  

Hell I am not even part of the staff and I still get PM asking me what to do and to look into things and that should not be up to me.

There needs to be Gallery  and forum Moderators.  Stuff like reporting issues work to a point and then when you see a do you really want to do this and that, and click OK or YES you get a 404 error page and then have to use the [email protected] option..

It's been almost two years since Andrews passing and there is no more Doc Legume around anymore  and all I am saying is get some interim people to run point and report to you and let the members know who it is because I am tired of being Mr Answer man on the PM circuit

Regards  Shadoman

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
hermlover  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 6:33:59 AM(UTC)
hermlover

Ta for info.
rbug02  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 6:49:02 AM(UTC)
rbug02

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 51 post(s)

Originally Posted by: shadoman Go to Quoted Post

Any member of renderotica can post to the main gallery providing if conforms to the TOS

You are limited to a certain amount of free postings per day and I think that is 5 I think there might even be a size limitation  but do not quote me on that part

If you purchase a Premier Artist package, you can then post up to 15 images per day and are allowed certain perks  This is the $35 you are replying to.  

BUT it's not MANDATORY 

To Management

We need some sort of Members Mandate posted  so these questions do not crop up.. I know there must be a lo9t of stuff happening behind the scenes. but the occasional posting by management are few and far between.. 

Members need to know what they can and cannot do  and a link to where this is at.  Is it too much to ask.  

Hell I am not even part of the staff and I still get PM asking me what to do and to look into things and that should not be up to me.

There needs to be Gallery  and forum Moderators.  Stuff like reporting issues work to a point and then when you see a do you really want to do this and that, and click OK or YES you get a 404 error page and then have to use the [email protected] option..

It's been almost two years since Andrews passing and there is no more Doc Legume around anymore  and all I am saying is get some interim people to run point and report to you and let the members know who it is because I am tired of being Mr Answer man on the PM circuit

Regards  Shadoman

But Shadow you are the answer man, I have seen you answer questions even silly ones. Oh and unsung hero your answers are mostly absolutly correct, ok I cannot think of one wrong answer.you are the est dude

I'm here for the donuts.....
Where are they??
RangerRabbit  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 10:56:59 AM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

BUT it's not MANDATORY 

To Management

Regards  Shadoman

Shadoman,

Thank you for all the support you have provided in the past.  You are correct in that we have lost both Andrew and Doc Legume in the last two years and that has made things very difficult from a support stand point.  The support team that is still operating CGBytes and all of it's affiliates, (Renderotica & Renderotique) have been working to the best of their ability to continue to maintain a level of support to all of the customers.  We sometimes miss things and appreciate when a member can step in and direct us to the issue at hand.  We do not expect our members to be the support department for us and ask that anyone who is asked a question in PM that needs an official response, direct them to the support department.  We have the Contact Us form where the entire support team gets a copy of this so that we can reply as timely as possible. In this particular case, this happened over the weekend and our Support hours, as listed on the Contact Us form page, are Monday to Friday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST.  In most cases someone is around that can answer concerns, but these are the hours that we are working.

We have a new Content Moderator that is monitoring the [email protected] emails so if someone sees an image in the gallery that is of concern, click on the Report Abuse link and enter a short description of what the abuse is and submit it.  That will send an email to the Content Moderator and they will review the report on a daily basis. 

As for reporting abuse in the forums, I'm unsure as to why you are receiving a 404 error screen when it has worked any time I attempt to use it from either my admin account or from my general member test account.  We have also received abuse reports from other members via the forum.  I can have our programmers take a look at it but if I can't replicate the error, it will be difficult to determine why you are getting the error screen.  

All of these issues and questions ARE answered on the website.  We have a Help menu in the Top Navigation bar that has FAQs for the site, Gallery, How to get Product support, Points Program FAQs, etc...That page can be found here.  The Terms of Service, Gallery posting guidelines, Links policy all can be found in the Help menu.  If anyone has a question, after reading through this section, they can contact us through the Contact Us form, linked above and we can then provide support.

RangerRabbit

Management Team

Edited by user Monday, October 19, 2020 11:18:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
shadoman  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 2:26:04 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

Originally Posted by: RangerRabbit Go to Quoted Post

BUT it's not MANDATORY 

To Management

Regards  Shadoman

Shadoman,

Thank you for all the support you have provided in the past.  You are correct in that we have lost both Andrew and Doc Legume in the last two years and that has made things very difficult from a support stand point.  The support team that is still operating CGBytes and all of it's affiliates, (Renderotica & Renderotique) have been working to the best of their ability to continue to maintain a level of support to all of the customers.  We sometimes miss things and appreciate when a member can step in and direct us to the issue at hand.  We do not expect our members to be the support department for us and ask that anyone who is asked a question in PM that needs an official response, direct them to the support department.  We have the Contact Us form where the entire support team gets a copy of this so that we can reply as timely as possible. In this particular case, this happened over the weekend and our Support hours, as listed on the Contact Us form page, are Monday to Friday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST.  In most cases someone is around that can answer concerns, but these are the hours that we are working.

We have a new Content Moderator that is monitoring the [email protected] emails so if someone sees an image in the gallery that is of concern, click on the Report Abuse link and enter a short description of what the abuse is and submit it.  That will send an email to the Content Moderator and they will review the report on a daily basis. 

As for reporting abuse in the forums, I'm unsure as to why you are receiving a 404 error screen when it has worked any time I attempt to use it from either my admin account or from my general member test account.  We have also received abuse reports from other members via the forum.  I can have our programmers take a look at it but if I can't replicate the error, it will be difficult to determine why you are getting the error screen.  

All of these issues and questions ARE answered on the website.  We have a Help menu in the Top Navigation bar that has FAQs for the site, Gallery, How to get Product support, Points Program FAQs, etc...That page can be found here.  The Terms of Service, Gallery posting guidelines, Links policy all can be found in the Help menu.  If anyone has a question, after reading through this section, they can contact us through the Contact Us form, linked above and we can then provide support.

RangerRabbit

Management Team

RR

Look i do not mean any disrespect here,  But the average members never look at the forums and the Newbs find it hard to navigate so they only hit the forums when they have a problem

Maybe a sticky note link on every webpage with a link to the place you mentioned might be a big help to the newbs 

Lets face it, in the past many of us were used to a huge networks of Moderators for the galleries and forums and 90@ of the time they caught the TOS violations and forum flames before that got to hot and cooled everything down.

That seems to be all gone now.  We have no Doc Legume who would get a copyright violation report and Bam our Local sherif went to town and kicked Butt. 

I got a PM awhile back that something was in the works to assist the vendors and comic artist in combating copyright infringement. Still waiting on that one. 

Now in regards to the forum error.

Someone posted some images of Gene Enegs work, Enegs was a master illustrator of BDSM art long before Robert Bishops art became the norm for high quality. This stuff might be public domain but we are a site devoted to respecting copyright laws and I reported it using the Report tab in the forums

I posted my reason why and upon clicking submit I was give a Yes / No tab if I want to continue and I click the yes tab and was sent to a 404 error page.  What I think happens was the Eneg illustration was wider than what the forum usually allows for an attached image and these types of images have caused some forum mishaps in the past.  

So with that said  Maybe it was because of the size of the art that was beyond forum allowances that reporting the image may have caused the 404 error page and why I had to use the [email protected] option 

I suggest you try this out using an extra wide image that goes beyond forum allowances and see if you get the same 404 error message I did.

With that said

I get a PM for help I will use the contact us option and any problems I will tell the person who PM me to use the abuse @ option.

I don't want any trouble or need any.. I was just trying to help and it must have sufficed because it was allowed in a moderators forum to continue

That will cease as of today..  I just want to post my art, sell my comics and that is about it..  

Regards Dennis  aka Shadoman

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
RangerRabbit  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 2:43:48 PM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Shadoman,

Thanks for your suggestion on the image size.  That's something we can try.  In the meantime, I'll see what I can do to make the "Help" menu in the Top Nav Bar more clear and easy to follow.  There is a section on Product Support that has clearly displayed links to either the Contact Us form or the Product Support Forum Posts. That should be the first place new users go for information.  

The great thing about the Forum is that it's a place where all artists can chat with each other to learn things, get advice from or sort through problems they are having.  Thank you to all of our members who are always so available to help each other.

RangerRabbit

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management