8 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SouthBlade  
#61 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2021 6:05:23 AM(UTC)
SouthBlade

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: davo Go to Quoted Post

Thanks! I&#39;m glad you like it. Consistency is one of the things I try to be careful with, I want all my sets to be able to be mixed and matched :-) The new Water Works II Asylum should be able to fit in with the Grungeon but also work with the Chamber 4, all it needs is some texture options.

Davo

Mixing and matching your sets and seeing what I can come up with is something I find pretty fun when making my art, for example the Madlab 5 core restraint works well with the Madlab 6 operation mech if you make everything invisible but the ring and op arms.

The new Water Works set sounds interesting, do you have a rough date/timescale on its release?
Darkjoe  
#62 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 3:31:35 PM(UTC)
Darkjoe

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Sorry, I got the wrong topic, so I rewrote the post about my new product ideas here. In order to avoid duplicates, I deleted the original post. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello Davo,

Personally I have a lot of idea for a proposal for you :

Idea for the environment: A new material package in the Hell theme. That is, instruments, bondage equipment, torture instruments with a very dark and intimidating design. One could imagine dark gothic bedroom without a window (a bit like the bedroom in Pichard 4) or inside a metallurgy factory.

For the exterior environment, one can imagine prison courses (or any other exterior environment linked to the theme of Hell) in which rivers or lava lakes flow.

Idea for torture instruments: Instruments of torture in relation to heat as by steel bondage system which would serve at the same time of restraint and instrument of torture this can be a seat, a table or (any other device of restraint) which would be heated of the inside so that the steel of the device heats and burns, the pretty buttocks and any part of the body in contact with the victim.

Also I would like Clothes iron, instruments allowing to boil the victim, and even to burn it with molten metal.

Sorry for the amount of text. Personally the theme of Hell would be interesting for fantasy stories and for perilous stories . ^^

I have another idea but I wouldn't want to monopolize the requests. :)
davo  
#63 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 9:32:48 AM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 165 post(s)
Sounds like some interesting ideas there, I did this package called "the citadel" way back in the day that was kind of like that but no lava. The heated devices sound cool. I'll store these ideas up. Thanks!
thanks 1 user thanked davo for this useful post.
Darkjoe on 12/11/2021(UTC)
SouthBlade  
#64 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 10:10:26 AM(UTC)
SouthBlade

Any news on the new Waterworks set?
thanks 1 user thanked SouthBlade for this useful post.
Sutut on 3/14/2022(UTC)
davo  
#65 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 12:22:13 PM(UTC)
davo

Originally Posted by: SouthBlade Go to Quoted Post

Well, the Poser version is finished, the DS version is being worked on my Freeone and I haven't got it back yet. Keeps fingers crossed :-)

D

thanks 2 users thanked davo for this useful post.
Sutut on 3/14/2022(UTC), SouthBlade on 3/14/2022(UTC)
freeone  
#66 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 1:29:24 PM(UTC)
freeone

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hey hey,
As Davo suggested I am working on it and hope to have it out by the 20th of March. It will be worth the wait!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freeone for this useful post.
Sutut on 3/15/2022(UTC)
Sutut  
#67 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 3:04:02 PM(UTC)
Sutut

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 88 post(s)

Well, the Poser version is finished, the DS version is being worked on my Freeone and I haven't got it back yet. Keeps fingers crossed :-)

D

Glad to hear and will be eager to get!

Frankly I don't like most of the stuff out these days - not just DAZ v Poser.
Now IF there was a Poser version for Laudnum's, Meipe's stuff and that new fleshy tentacle thing I'd have bought them instantly.

Fixer  
#68 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2022 11:03:55 AM(UTC)
Fixer

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 61 post(s)

We are working on the Terminus 5 packages at the moment. The first phase will be the hanging sets for v4/m4 for poser and g8f/g8m for daz studio. Next phase will be theTribunal arena package, impalement package, behead package and the cruel/unusual package mixed in there somewhere.

Thank you for the continued support of Poser and the Gen4 figures, much appreciated...

thanks 1 user thanked Fixer for this useful post.
Blir on 4/8/2022(UTC)
sparky00  
#69 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2022 7:42:45 AM(UTC)
sparky00

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The Citadel! What an awesome set that was. It was my second purchase, right after MadLab III. I loved the look of Citadel, as well as the Gothic/natural sort of blend. Had a lot of fun with those altars. I'd definitely go for and updated Citadel or Citadel-like product.

Madlab III was my first set, and in some ways it will always be a favorite. It came with several different texture options to completely change the look of it, and i made a lot of use of that feature.

Quanset Hut was another favorite - so much possibility there. An update with Daz texturing and poses would be most welcome. Textures to match the Grungeon stuff would be fantastic.

I like the 40's- 50's bunker theme - lots of possibility there. Evil medical experiments are always fun, and mix well with that theme. a set that includes some industrial ladder rungs/ grab irons/ handles would be great. Would love to finally do a Videodrome-like set, with pillars and ladder rungs. Lots of opportunities for new poses.

The Grungeon sets are just excellent. They are my Go-To these days, along with your recent electro set. (Love electro - HATE posing wires. Always conflicted).

Thanks so much for all the really cool & unusual stuff you have made over the years. Had many hours of fun with it.
sparky00  
#70 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2022 7:52:17 AM(UTC)
sparky00

One more thing...Your sets have always had outstanding adjust-ability, with tons of adjustment morphs built in. This probably gets a lot less notice/comment than the theme/look, but is every bit as important. Just wanted to say thanks as well for that. I've very seldom ever needed an adjustment to a product that you hadn't already thought of and built in.
davo  
#71 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2022 6:48:45 PM(UTC)
davo

Hi guys,
My apologies for not replying sooner. I usually get a notification in my email when a post is made but not on the last few posts.
In regards to water works 2, it's still in the works. Freeone is engaged heavily in work outside of 3d stuff and hopefully will have it soon.
Sparky! Thanks for your comments. I do try to make my products as versatile as possible and include a lot of morphs and moveable-repositionable parts so users can get creative and do a lot of custom posing and fitting. Sometimes a specific camera angle needs some repositioning of a character.
In light of changes in 3d, I've decided it's time to gradually become more literate in DazStudio, so I'm trying to learn it. What I have noticed or heard, is that there is a necessity to have different material settings for iray versus 3delight? I am somewhat loathe to have to go thru twice the work, so I'm going to have to chose one or the other, if I could get an idea what the preferred render engine is, that would be appreciated.
Also, some issues have come up in posing method, traditionally in poser, you parent a figure (character) to a body part of a restraint device, then apply a pose for the device and a matching pose for the character. This allows movement and adjustment of the device and the character will move with it, allowing progressive posing for the scene, device and character. The other method imports your character, device and the pose in one click, however the device is parented to the character and the character needs to be reloaded for each new pose. Not being familiar with DS or the preferences of users, I am curious how you all feel about the posing methods. If you want to do progressive posing without reloading your custom character each time, is the first method preferred? If you don't want to do any modifications or adjustments, is the second method preferred or still the first method so you can tilt a device part the character is patented to a smidgen?
Poser users, don't worry, all the rigging of my models is going to always be done in poser.
Any input is always appreciated, if you are a regular user of my products, this is important information for us.
Cheers,
Davo
BrotherHades  
#72 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2022 7:58:23 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 239 post(s)

Render engine wise I still use both options, but Iray does seem to be the better supported render engine. (Even Daz Originals are being released now without 3Delight materials) 

From a Poser Vendor standpoint 3Delight would be a lot more like P4 Mats just a little more advanced. Daz Studio never opened 3Delight to where it was anywhere near the complexity of Poser's material room. Though there were some secondary shader systems to open more options ie Age of Armor's shaders, Uber Surface, PoseWorks Shaders etc., you never got the feeling you were anywhere near the limits of what 3Delight was capable.

Iray on the other hand is a lot more open as to what is available through Daz Studio. (Still mainly via channels though, no nodes or strings to connect nodes to other nodes) You can even go to Nvidia's site, download their base MDL libraries and pretty easily get them working in Daz Studio, where it was never possible to do the same with RSL libraries, because so much of 3Delight was never opened or accessible through Daz's implementation of 3Delight (Sure there was the option to get the standalone 3Delight and export scenes to the standalone renderer to get full access, but for most users that was too much work)

sparky00  
#73 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2022 8:27:15 PM(UTC)
sparky00

Re: Daz render engines - IRAY. I believe I did only a handful of renders in 3delight when moving to Daz. Enough to find out that I preferred Iray strongly. It takes much longer render, but has much better results IMO. I have no idea of the process of creating items for Iray, but i would think twice about buying a product that was 3delight only.

Regarding your posing question: I still use the Poser procedure - Load character, then device, then load poses for both. Then I tweak the poses until I have something I can live with. The "one-click" method is great when it works. Sometimes though, things don't work as intended. A couple days ago, I loaded a heavily modified custom G8F character into grungeon restraint 2. The pose loaded for both the character and restraint, and the restraint scaled to match the character, but the restraint was placed halfway below the floor and would not move, even after un-parenting. I deleted restraint 2, reloaded just it and it worked fine, but did not scale to the character. The custom character was short - about 5'2", and I think that may have confused something. I loaded another custom character today and it worked fine with restraint 2. That character was about same height as the default G8F.

Overall, I like the old "load both, then pose" method. Followed by lots of progressive tweaking. I almost never use any pose without progressive adjustment - not just yours. I spend way too much time fiddling with the angles of hands, adjusting finger joints, moving eyes and trying to hide thumbs. But thats just me.

Thanks again for all the great products, and here's hoping video cards will drop in price to where I can get a good one with enough memory to render complex scenes in Iray.
davo  
#74 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2022 10:07:25 PM(UTC)
davo

I'm leaning toward iray only, it's a slow learning process but looks nice. I think the way the poses are now in my DS version is the devices parented to the character. If she's custom sized, that might move the origin maybe, so you have to move her to get the device to the correct floor level. Having never used my own DS stuff, I'm not completely familiar with the process... yet, lol.
WizArt  
#75 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 10:02:03 AM(UTC)
WizArt

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I am somewhat loathe to have to go thru twice the work, so I'm going to have to chose one or the other, if I could get an idea what the preferred render engine is, that would be appreciated.
Also, some issues have come up in posing method, traditionally in poser, you parent a figure (character) to a body part of a restraint device, then apply a pose for the device and a matching pose for the character. This allows movement and adjustment of the device and the character will move with it, allowing progressive posing for the scene, device and character. The other method imports your character, device and the pose in one click, however the device is parented to the character and the character needs to be reloaded for each new pose. Not being familiar with DS or the preferences of users, I am curious how you all feel about the posing methods. If you want to do progressive posing without reloading your custom character each time, is the first method preferred? If you don't want to do any modifications or adjustments, is the second method preferred or still the first method so you can tilt a device part the character is patented to a smidgen?

I prefer IRAY as a render engine and the 'poser method', because the results are in most cases better / require less adjustments and it is also more versatile, because you can use the poses in other situations without deleting the items.

Edited by user Thursday, April 14, 2022 10:04:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

davo  
#76 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2022 3:59:06 PM(UTC)
davo

I'm leaning on iray only and poser style parenting/posing, as WizArt mentions, it is much more versatile to do it that way I think.

As a side note, my new RTX 3080 gpu crapped out in iray preview mode, then started crapping out in rhino, have a new one on the way, I hope it's just a fluke and not some other issue. My old gtx 750ti does the iray preview mode without issues other than being so slooooooow.
WizArt  
#77 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2022 12:41:37 PM(UTC)
WizArt

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Water Works 2 was worth the wait in my opinion, because it is an amazing set! I like especially the option to automatically parent the character to the devices.

I am looking forward to the expansion packs for this set :)
thanks 1 user thanked WizArt for this useful post.
Darkjoe on 5/21/2022(UTC)
SouthBlade  
#78 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2022 8:23:48 AM(UTC)
SouthBlade

Nice work with the waterworks set and the red room.

Is there another MadLab set coming any time soon by any chance?
davo  
#79 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2022 2:11:09 PM(UTC)
davo

I have something more akin to "Labworks 2" with lots of isolation/restraint table stuff that would fit in with the last Labworks set.  Anything in particular you'd like to see in a new madlab/labworks?

thanks 1 user thanked davo for this useful post.
Ebonix115 on 7/22/2022(UTC)
SouthBlade  
#80 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2022 10:07:04 AM(UTC)
SouthBlade

I have something more akin to "Labworks 2" with lots of isolation/restraint table stuff that would fit in with the last Labworks set.  Anything in particular you'd like to see in a new madlab/labworks?

Isolation sounds good, I was going to suggest some things along those lines anyway. One prop I do quite like is from Second Life that I've not been able to recreate myself for Daz, it's a sort of isolation/display pod/stand.*deleted*

I was also thinking along the lines of a sort of restraint frame riser with a lid. It would be able to raise out of the ground and lower into it and the restraint itself would consist of a frame that you can pop the character into, with bars connecting the frame to cuffs on the neck, waist, thighs and ankles. Could make it more secure and instead of cuff props being used there could be cuffs built as part of the frame if you get me?

I think another version of the Grungeon wheelchair but in labworks style would be good too.

Edited by moderator Tuesday, October 25, 2022 10:13:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Community Policy Violation - Links and/or Site References