3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
revenant  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:24:08 AM(UTC)
revenant

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Hello all,

Looking for clothing of any kind for G8F/V8 that is nipple friendly. Meaning high enough resolution in the nipple area to follow the morphs well. Can't stand a mound when there should be a nice nipple poke.

Also, any clothing that is Breastacular friendly, again, mainly for the nipples.

Thanks!

========

I'm starting a running list of suggested products from folks who have commented here, so they're easier to find. All links open in a new window.

My List

Sci-Fi Body Suit SF-001 - By Smay. Made for Genesis 2F, but works surprisingly well with G8F. Awesomely well, in fact. Sample Image
Slinky Suit 2 for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) - Also by Smay. Good stuff.

Optika's List

One Piece Thong for Genesis 8 Females - By RainbowLight
Flow Outfit for Genesis 8 Females - By ArtTailor
Summer Outfit For Victoria 8 - By Halcyone and faintblue

Also worth checking out - Optika:
- JaMaRe-stuff at *deleted* which has quite mild tents (Revenant's note: All JaMaRe's stuff looks to be Dforce, so not sure how nipple friendly they will be)
- LilFlame-stuff at *deleted* which has quite mild tents on some clothing (like the MiniPJs)
- Powerage-stuff at *deleted* and available here (some shirt seemed also to work fine)

Edited by user Friday, December 20, 2019 7:50:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked revenant for this useful post.
mikethe3dguy on 9/10/2021(UTC)
revenant  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 8:53:05 PM(UTC)
revenant

Well this is disappointing. Come on folks, is there no one out there who is a big fan of nipple pokes?
mjw  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 10:02:07 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
Not really something I worry about generally, but does Dforce do the job?
matt  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 2:52:35 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post

It can, in a roundabout way. Once you run the simulation, you can turn up the subdivision on the cloth and depending on the geometry, it can make a difference, but only after you run the simulation.

stger2  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 4:36:36 PM(UTC)
stger2

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)

Yeah, I have the same issue. All clothes have not enough geometry to show the nipple shape.

The dFrorce simulated prop itself works only with the base mesh (switching to "Collision Mesh Resolution: Viewport" does not help, after it's only affects the collision).

So there is no chance to get a nice nipple poke through :(

thanks 1 user thanked stger2 for this useful post.
mjw on 12/7/2019(UTC)
Optika  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 4:04:50 PM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)
It's quite strange that even the best content artists seem to completely ignore morphs for the nipples. At least swimwear should "cover" those. But instead most clothing either provide poke-through by just ignoring the nipples or show ugly "tents". dForce can help to some extent.

So as I had nothing else to do I browsed through my clothing library of mainly Rendo stuff. My DAZ stuff is in another runtime which is too big for some drive-by browsing.

Here's what I found/recommend: (G8F with these morphs: nipples 50%, nipples depth 65%, nipples diameter base -75% (that one is included in a package by dogz or hellboy and highly recommended)

# One Piece Thong G8F by RainbowLight (*deleted*)
Shows nipples as sharp as a geoshell and is thus perfect as swimsuit etc.

# Flow Top by ArtTailor (*deleted*)

# Summer Outfit by Halcyone (available here)

Also worth checking out:

- JaMaRe-stuff at *deleted* which has quite mild tents
- LilFlame-stuff at *deleted* which has quite mild tents on some clothing (like the MiniPJs)
- Powerage-stuff at *deleted* and available here (some shirt seemed also to work fine)

Hope that helps.
thanks 2 users thanked Optika for this useful post.
revenant on 12/20/2019(UTC), banditcameraman on 12/21/2019(UTC)
Zaavaleta  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 8:18:04 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Here's a video that may help. Sorry for the low quality and resolution, but I was trying to get under Renderotica's 20 megabyte limit, also I'm not on Youtube.

And my microphone's not recording for some reason, so I'll try to explain it here.

Edit: The video is up here Renderotica - Gallery - Increasing-the-resolution-of-a-clothing-garment

1. open your figure in Daz Studio, keep it in the zero pose with all morphs turned off.

2. load and fit the clothing item to the figure. don't change anything and export it to Hexagon (or whatever modeler you use). Make the genesis figure invisible and select the clothing item before you export.

3. in the other program, increase the smothing (or whatever it's called in your program). Just keep in mind that each level you go up quadruples the polygons.

4. export it back to DS as a prop and hopefully it loads at the same size, but with increased polygons.

5. fit the original clothing item to None

6. open the Transfer utility. The Source is the original clothing item, the Target is the new prop. Deselect Parent to Source Figure and Accept.

7. You can Hide or delete the original item, we're done with it. Select the new item and go to Scene Identification. Set the Preferred Base to the Genesis model you're using. This identifies what the clothing is made for, anything else will trigger the Autofit menu.

8. Now you can fit the clothing to your character. Pose it, morph it, save it or whatever.

Using this method you can increase the resolution as much as you like. Once you have the new prop, you will have to copy the material settings from the old one. I forgot to add that part. Good luck!

Edited by user Monday, December 9, 2019 7:17:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Daz Studio increase resolution of clothing item.avi (12,293kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
thanks 4 users thanked Zaavaleta for this useful post.
revenant on 12/20/2019(UTC), banditcameraman on 12/21/2019(UTC), billyben on 12/21/2019(UTC), mikethe3dguy on 9/10/2021(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 9:53:24 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 77 post(s)

I do something similar with men's clothing as some of my guys have prominent nipples.

Sickleyield sells a clothing morpher set for g8 that works wonder and saves you time. Basically load the morpher suit and then fit it to the character with just the nipple morphs dialed in. Then export (base rez) as a morph for the clothing morpher, morph load it back in and save it as a morph asset to the clothing morpher suit.

You can then asset transfer that morph from the suit to any existing or new clothing. It's worked wonders for me for fixing nipple pokethrough on shirts and sweaters w/o me having to expand the entire chest area of the clothing.

Link to the female version at daz: https://www.daz3d.com/sy-clothing-morpher-for-genesis-8-female

thanks 3 users thanked SnarltheWerewolf for this useful post.
banditcameraman on 12/21/2019(UTC), mikethe3dguy on 9/10/2021(UTC), 59Burst on 8/23/2022(UTC)
revenant  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 4:35:06 PM(UTC)
revenant

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post

I find Dforce clothing to be the main problem. None of them have high poly counts in the nipple areas, at least none I've come across so far.

revenant  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 4:37:27 PM(UTC)
revenant

Originally Posted by: SnarltheWerewolf Go to Quoted Post

It's worked wonders for me for fixing nipple pokethrough on shirts and sweaters w/o me having to expand the entire chest area of the clothing.

I think we're talking about different things, Snarl. I WANT nipple pokes. Not pokeTHROUGH, but pokes, pushing the fabric out in an enticing way.

revenant  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 4:47:26 PM(UTC)
revenant

Thanks for the list Optika. It's a start!

Here's one that I've found: Slinky Suit 2 by Smay https://www.daz3d.com/slinky-suit-2-for-genesis-3-and-8-female-s

simontemplar  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 5:04:17 PM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
The new Mesh Grabber at Daz could help, in a pinch.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
revenant  
#13 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 6:24:09 PM(UTC)
revenant

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
The new Mesh Grabber at Daz could help, in a pinch.

I actually just bought it, mainly for this purpose. But it's not really any better, since the whole problem is due to low poly count. It's neat, but needs some work, like a symmetry option, for one. Oh, and an undo. The DS undo doesn't quite cover it. Zaavaleta's suggestion is probably the only way for existing clothing. I purchased Hexagon a long time ago, but haven't messed with it for ages. I might have to load it up again and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

BrotherHades  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 6:46:02 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

A few more options that could work, adding Sub-Division levels, push modifiers, and surface smoothing in Daz Studio, though results may vary and I'm not sure how it would work with DForce outfits though, as even with older figures it was hit or miss if adding those modifiers would cause clothing meshes to tear.

revenant  
#15 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 7:00:36 PM(UTC)
revenant

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

A few more options that could work, adding Sub-Division levels, push modifiers, and surface smoothing in Daz Studio, though results may vary and I'm not sure how it would work with DForce outfits though, as even with older figures it was hit or miss if adding those modifiers would cause clothing meshes to tear.

I've tried adding subdivision with some of the Dforce clothing, but it doesn't seem to do much for what we're talking about. Some of that stuff you mentioned I haven't really messed with.

revenant  
#16 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 7:22:56 PM(UTC)
revenant

I've edited the head post to add a running list of products folks have mentioned here.

revenant  
#17 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 7:28:38 PM(UTC)
revenant

Hi Zaavaleta.

Nice video!

I was hoping you'd dial in the nipple morphs to see how they worked at the end, but didn't see that. :)

SnarltheWerewolf  
#18 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 10:17:05 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Originally Posted by: revenant Go to Quoted Post

It's worked wonders for me for fixing nipple pokethrough on shirts and sweaters w/o me having to expand the entire chest area of the clothing.

I think we're talking about different things, Snarl. I WANT nipple pokes. Not pokeTHROUGH, but pokes, pushing the fabric out in an enticing way.

No, we're talking about the same thing. The trick with the suit is that you have it conform to the figure and it due to its higher poly mesh, it will take the shape of the nipple as a morph (to dial in the nipple shape of the figure). You then transfer that nipple morph from the suit to your article of clothing. You then dial in the nipple morph to the clothing and then your clothing will push at the nipple area and better conform to your figure (without also expanding the chest/breast region of the clothes)

revenant  
#19 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 11:27:58 PM(UTC)
revenant

No, we're talking about the same thing. The trick with the suit is that you have it conform to the figure and it due to its higher poly mesh, it will take the shape of the nipple as a morph (to dial in the nipple shape of the figure). You then transfer that nipple morph from the suit to your article of clothing. You then dial in the nipple morph to the clothing and then your clothing will push at the nipple area and better conform to your figure (without also expanding the chest/breast region of the clothes)

My bad. I will have to give it a try. Does it work with Dforce clothing?

SnarltheWerewolf  
#20 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2019 4:13:59 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Originally Posted by: revenant Go to Quoted Post

My bad. I will have to give it a try. Does it work with Dforce clothing?

It should, you might want to dial it out a bit more than what you need to in order for it to drape/contract properly.