3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thunder-3D  
#21 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2019 4:27:21 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

Have any of you checked out the new "Mesh Grabber" plugin from ManFriday? I picked it up this morning and O M G, it is absolutely game changing. I would imagine it would make nipples a breeze. I will be using it regularly on pretty much every render I do going forward.

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
billyben on 12/21/2019(UTC)
Thunder-3D  
#22 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2019 4:32:02 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Youtube vid showing the plugin: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea7ODuMrDKg

Edited by user Saturday, December 21, 2019 4:36:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

billyben on 12/21/2019(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf  
#23 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2019 8:11:31 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 77 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Thunder-3D Go to Quoted Post

Have any of you checked out the new "Mesh Grabber" plugin from ManFriday? I picked it up this morning and O M G, it is absolutely game changing. I would imagine it would make nipples a breeze. I will be using it regularly on pretty much every render I do going forward.

I've been debating it, but had a few questions about it. Is there an undo option after you've set manipulated the mesh or restore back to original?

I'm not a huge fan of d-formers, but they can be undo rather quickly.

Curious to see how you've used it and what the good and bad of it is.

Thunder-3D  
#24 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2019 10:04:01 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: SnarltheWerewolf Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Thunder-3D Go to Quoted Post

I've been debating it, but had a few questions about it. Is there an undo option after you've set manipulated the mesh or restore back to original?

I'm not a huge fan of d-formers, but they can be undo rather quickly.

Curious to see how you've used it and what the good and bad of it is.

You can undo all the changes you've made to the object, however I'd save a backup of the scene just to be sure (that's always good advice).

I tried it on a G8 figure and tugged her all kinds of crazy ways, then used the clear feature and it erased all the changes. None of the shanges are permanent, which is good and bad. If you want to make it permanent you can export the obj and save the shape as a morph, I'm not an expert at that but apparently it works.

As far as I can tell from a few hours of tinkering, it's worth every penny and I highly recommend it. It's not intended as a full-on modeling tool, more of an easy way to fix issues in scene without having to hunt through poke-through morphs or bend and reshape scenery to fit your render. The author plans to add a lot of features over the coming months to make it more of a true modeling tool over time. It takes a little while to get the hang of it, but I did some cool stuff like a hand grabbing a butt cheek and squishing it, and reshaping a section of beach to suit a pose, it's incredibly handy and I can easily see myself using (and abusing) it for all my renders going forward.

thanks 2 users thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
billyben on 12/21/2019(UTC), SnarltheWerewolf on 12/21/2019(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf  
#25 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2019 11:07:47 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Cool. Thank you for that vote of confidence.
billyben  
#26 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 1:17:23 PM(UTC)
billyben

Was thanked: 1504 time(s) in 1278 post(s)

I picked it up yesterday and all I have to say is OH BOY AM I GOING TO HAVE SONE FUN WITH THIS.  Will start testing soon to see if I can use this to show characters in various states of undress in compromising situations.  MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!  Now I have to learn how to use it effectively.

Bill
I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused
thanks 1 user thanked billyben for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 12/22/2019(UTC)
simontemplar  
#27 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 1:39:10 PM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
As I originally said, that thing really should do the trick.ANd it's also bound to evolve, apparently.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
thanks 1 user thanked simontemplar for this useful post.
billyben on 12/22/2019(UTC)
Thunder-3D  
#28 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 3:06:11 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: billyben Go to Quoted Post

I picked it up yesterday and all I have to say is OH BOY AM I GOING TO HAVE SONE FUN WITH THIS.  Will start testing soon to see if I can use this to show characters in various states of undress in compromising situations.  MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!  Now I have to learn how to use it effectively.

Oh yeah, you can undress with it, stretch things, Fix nipple poke, it's a very simple tool but the uses are unlimited.

I can't wait to get through the holidays so I can get back to work and really have some fun with this thing.

billyben on 12/22/2019(UTC)
revenant  
#29 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2019 1:21:16 PM(UTC)
revenant

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I bought it a few days ago. It's not very good for the purpose of making nipple pokes with clothing, unless the clothing already has the high poly count in the nipple area. You just end up with a larger tent.

I wasn't very impressed with it, and the undo is an all or nothing. And if you select away from the gizmo, you can't get that selection back without reselecting everything, at least that's my experience. And I often miss the gizmo handles, and there goes what i was doing.
sam2345  
#30 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 10:35:27 AM(UTC)
sam2345

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 27 post(s)

Originally Posted by: revenant Go to Quoted Post

Hello all,

Looking for clothing of any kind for G8F/V8 that is nipple friendly. Meaning high enough resolution in the nipple area to follow the morphs well. Can't stand a mound when there should be a nice nipple poke.

Also, any clothing that is Breastacular friendly, again, mainly for the nipples.

Thanks!

========

I'm starting a running list of suggested products from folks who have commented here, so they're easier to find. All links open in a new window.

My List

Sci-Fi Body Suit SF-001 - By Smay. Made for Genesis 2F, but works surprisingly well with G8F. Awesomely well, in fact. Sample Image
Slinky Suit 2 for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) - Also by Smay. Good stuff.

Optika's List

One Piece Thong for Genesis 8 Females - By RainbowLight
Flow Outfit for Genesis 8 Females - By ArtTailor
Summer Outfit For Victoria 8 - By Halcyone and faintblue

Also worth checking out - Optika:
- JaMaRe-stuff at *deleted* which has quite mild tents (Revenant's note: All JaMaRe's stuff looks to be Dforce, so not sure how nipple friendly they will be)
- LilFlame-stuff at *deleted* which has quite mild tents on some clothing (like the MiniPJs)
- Powerage-stuff at *deleted* and available here (some shirt seemed also to work fine)

Far be it for me to plug my own product, but.... there's a nipple morph on my Aviatrix Phase One undershirt.  It isn't a panacea, but when used with the dForce presets you can get pretty good results:

Nipples are an issue not because content artists ignore them, at least not me, but because the Daz transfer utility tends to use too much of the mesh for the nipples - they don't have their own bones, you see. 

revenant  
#31 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 6:07:42 PM(UTC)
revenant

Thanks very much for the comment! Plug away!

I don't think the older figures had bones for the nipples either, like V4, but some content creators went above and beyond to make sure the corresponding morphs were there. I don't really know how it's done with the Genesis figures, but for those of us who like them, nipples are greatly ignored.
sam2345  
#32 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 6:17:06 PM(UTC)
sam2345

Originally Posted by: revenant Go to Quoted Post
Thanks very much for the comment! Plug away!

I don't think the older figures had bones for the nipples either, like V4, but some content creators went above and beyond to make sure the corresponding morphs were there. I don't really know how it's done with the Genesis figures, but for those of us who like them, nipples are greatly ignored.

You're right, and this thread inspired me to do something I've been turning over for a while, which is to go through all of my I Dream line and update every single item with an improved version.  I too like nipples, and now that I have more experience in the efficient way to create morphs and clothing items in general, I think I can vastly improve what were some good concepts, albeit poorly executed due to my lack of experience with Daz.

sam2345  
#33 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2019 8:46:22 PM(UTC)
sam2345

Revenent I'm guessing this would do the trick for you?

revenant  
#34 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 10:05:09 PM(UTC)
revenant

That, is pretty freakin' awesome!
revenant  
#35 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 10:08:05 PM(UTC)
revenant

On the Aviatrix shirt, the nipples are just too lumpy for me. It's a nice outfit, but I don't think I could use it as I'd like. Maybe it's got something to do with the particular nipple morphs you're using, don't know.

I do applaud you immensely for planning on updating all your stuff just for the nipples. You, sir or madam, are awesome!
SnarltheWerewolf  
#36 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 1:34:50 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

For those wanting "nipple friendly" clothing. Marvelous Designer and making your own definitely holds a lot of potential. 

While massive, musclebound mutants may seem a world away from big tit, big nipple vixens, but from a mesh standpoint, they're pretty much the same.

You can see in the attached pic that not only are the nipples correctly covered and poking out with the top, but the tank top graphic design is also not insanely warped because the clothing is built for the figure. The S correctly goes over the left nipple.

You will need quite a bit of polys as the base mesh around the nipples for it to work effectively. Before even getting into all the custom JCM's you'll have to make for anything bigger than a standard g8 base. It's a pain in the butt to get into, but it definitely holds really good results. Especially if you want to get the best fit.

sam2345  
#37 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 4:22:54 PM(UTC)
sam2345

Originally Posted by: SnarltheWerewolf Go to Quoted Post

You can see in the attached pic that not only are the nipples correctly covered and poking out with the top, but the tank top graphic design is also not insanely warped because the clothing is built for the figure. The S correctly goes over the left nipple.

Nice.  However, I prefer to apply sound fundamentals to building meshes.  It's so much more pure....   :

SnarltheWerewolf  
#38 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 7:19:50 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

That's what I love about Marvelous Designer, it's a cinch to design patterns, you can change up the mesh topology and the amount of quads or tri's in the mesh. even pick a part of the mesh and just subdivide that area. Makes it easy to make sure you have enough polys around areas like the nipples. And the simulation is amazing, makes it easy to make jcm's for movement for rigging in Daz.

And the best part is that it frees you from having to spend money on clothing 

Originally Posted by: causam Go to Quoted Post

Nice.  However, I prefer to apply sound fundamentals to building meshes.  It's so much more pure....   :

revenant  
#39 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 3:51:01 PM(UTC)
revenant

"You can see in the attached pic that not only are the nipples correctly covered and poking out with the top, but the tank top graphic design is also not insanely warped because the clothing is built for the figure. The S correctly goes over the left nipple."

I'm not sure it does really. It's not like one would see in reality with a tight tshirt. More like this:

Edited by moderator Monday, May 23, 2022 12:01:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Community Policy - external links

revenant  
#40 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 7:39:26 PM(UTC)
revenant

I continue to be extremely disappointed in just about all the clothing I've purchased since I started this thread.

For example, I just bought Joy Underwear by Lilflame. It fits nicely, and looks good, but no nipple support at all. For something that fits so closely against the skin, it's just a major disappointment.

The bigger problem is I don't know, can't know, before I buy. Extremely frustrating.