14 Pages«<7891011>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3feetwolf  
#161 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2022 10:39:56 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 259 time(s) in 144 post(s)

Originally Posted by: dance2xtc Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

Thank you for your continued interest in this topic, that´s very kind of you!

As I said I´m very, very close, and today I got even closer, after doing a lot of research and testing. What I did was the following:

I sacrificed a small polygon between the toes (which I even don´t find anymore) to unhide the crotch with no private parts hidden by NGV8.
Then I made a new surface of the previous hidden polygons and named it private parts standard, which appeared then in the surfaces of Vikka - on this surface I set the cutout opacity to 0 to hide it again, this time via the shader, instead of hiding the polygons.
Because I did this, on the geoshell of the pants I got a transparent area as well in which I copied the surface of the Torso of the pants geoshell - and voi la - everything looked and worked as desired!
Only at the front and the back of your geograft (your private parts) two small artifacts appeared, which I can´t imagine where they come from.

If you give me an e-mail address of yours I could supply you the easypants stuff for testing....(cause Upload here does not work for me)

Hi, nice work

Please send the scene file to my email([email protected]). 

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
dance2xtc on 1/4/2022(UTC)
dance2xtc  
#162 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 9:19:15 AM(UTC)
dance2xtc

Hi,

thank you... I tried to email the file to you, but outlooks tells me the file size exceeds the limits and doesn´t let me send the file, it´s about 110MB compressed in a zip file. Is there another way to submit the
file to you?

For my last post i was a bit too enthusiastic about the results anyway. The fix only works when u are in geometry editor or mesh grabber mode, when u switch back to scene navigator or mesh selection, u are back to the start. I would have sweared the day before it worked even when exiting the mesh grabber mode, but when I look at the screenshots I posted they show I am in mesh grabber mode at that time. Additionally one would have tomaintain an offset of 0.7cm for the geoshell, what makes the Girl somewat thick around the knees...

For the first solution I posted (the one with the transparency map in the cutout opacity slot) there is a change too: It does definitely not scatter the transmap all across the place, only in the viewport it looks like so. When u render, the glitches are gone.
Theres one more drawback to this "solution": When u use a transmap in cutout transparency slots, the Uber Shader switches internally to thin walled mode and kills subsurface scattering for the surface u use the transmap on. So when u render, there are no glitches as seen in the viewport, but the color of the area does not match the color of the rest of the skin. This may work for wet skin shaders, as they maybee don´t need SSS, but for everything else this is no way to go.

Slowly but steady I am thinking it would maybee be more easy to map the surfaces of the pants to a pantyhose from another seller, as this pantyhose conforms very well over the private parts and anything else, while not beeing based on a geoshell. Do you think that would be possible?
dsv4600  
#163 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 11:05:09 AM(UTC)
dsv4600

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I must have missed something in all this, but wouldn't it just be easier to use a version of the girl without NGV8 fitted for the scenes where she has the pants on, and then an NGV8-equipped version for nude scenes? I quite often do this to avoid problems with genitalia and underwear.

Again, sorry if I missed the point.
dance2xtc  
#164 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 11:22:30 AM(UTC)
dance2xtc

From the point I see it now, you are definitely right, but when I started the research here I thought, there may be a simple fix to these geoshell issues, or I missed something very simple, or I did something wrong I didn´t understand. So I asked 3feetwolf, because if somebody would know, then him, because he did this fine geograft and for shure knows more than me about these things.
Later on I recognized, that some people have issues with layers of wetness, sweat or blood using geoshells, and I thougt it might be interesting for the community to solve these issues somehow.
dsv4600  
#165 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 12:48:41 PM(UTC)
dsv4600

From the point I see it now, you are definitely right, but when I started the research here I thought, there may be a simple fix to these geoshell issues, or I missed something very simple, or I did something wrong I didn´t understand. So I asked 3feetwolf, because if somebody would know, then him, because he did this fine geograft and for shure knows more than me about these things.
Later on I recognized, that some people have issues with layers of wetness, sweat or blood using geoshells, and I thougt it might be interesting for the community to solve these issues somehow.

Yes, I understand.

I think the the pants example is unique because you effectively want to zero out the genitalia detail geometry, whereas water or sweat would cling to all of the faces, because you're still depicting a nude figure.

One other solution might be a "clothed" morph on NGV8 that zeroes out all the detail, leaving just a mound for the Geoshell to follow ... but then you might as well just remove NGV8 ;)

Anyway, I'm following this with interest to see how it's resolved.

dance2xtc  
#166 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 10:21:15 AM(UTC)
dance2xtc

In my humble opinion it is astonishing that the "pants example" is recieved as "unique", because in the normal world this would be the most normal case ever.
For me, as an European Citizen it is hard to understand, that a software universe like DAZ has problems with genitals at all. All humankind was and is born with genitals now for millions of years, so it should be quite normal to have them, to depict them, to consider them whatever one does. DAZ has a very unique ecosystem of beautiful figures, clothes, hair etc. etc., but when it comes down to genitals the problems seem to start.

As geoshells are used for all kinds of overlays, and also all kinds of clothing, they should at least work perfectly for all of these cases. And in the real world (and that´s the one we try to mimic with all our 3D stuff and work) it IS the case, that you will have genitals with clothing over them, so why would this be unique to have that in 3D too? As you say by yourself: "I quite often do this to avoid problems with genitalia and underwear." - Why should somebody ever will have to avoid problems with geoshell underwear in a world where it is just like that.

And all that in the end leads to figures in DAZ Studio like the one I made: She is clothed beautifully, and everything would be O.K., if not the genitals where poking trough and emphasizing themselfs in a way that would almost never ever happen in the real world. So with all this politics of avoiding things like that, DAZ leads straight to the oposite, an opposite that nobody really wants or needs.
dance2xtc  
#167 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 10:25:46 AM(UTC)
dance2xtc

So it would be very easy to solve: When one creates a geoshell in DAZ Studio it should just ask you if you want to use it for wetness, dirt, blood or if you want to use it for clothes - and acordingly it should create it with or without genitals.
Easy as that.
dsv4600  
#168 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 12:27:12 PM(UTC)
dsv4600

In my humble opinion it is astonishing that the "pants example" is recieved as "unique", because in the normal world this would be the most normal case ever.
For me, as an European Citizen it is hard to understand, that a software universe like DAZ has problems with genitals at all.

fyi I am a European; but I agree. There are others, much more qualified then me, who can speak to DAZ's long standing puritanical attitudes ;)

Inkbert  
#169 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 6:39:21 PM(UTC)
Inkbert

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all, can someone please repost the script 3fw linked here?

https://www.renderotica....&m=487326#post487326

The forum says "content moved or not available anymore" and can't figure how to copy the ngv8 surfaces to an effect geoshell.
thanks 1 user thanked Inkbert for this useful post.
dance2xtc on 1/6/2022(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#170 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 11:30:07 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

So it would be very easy to solve: When one creates a geoshell in DAZ Studio it should just ask you if you want to use it for wetness, dirt, blood or if you want to use it for clothes - and acordingly it should create it with or without genitals.
Easy as that.

According to my tests, the biggest obstacle to achieving this goal is the uv problem mentioned by BrotherHades. 
When easypants is applied to G8F loaded with NGV8, daz studio will create shells for all G8F and NGV8 surfaces. 
After these shells are created, their uvs are different according to their corresponding surfaces. 
If a surface belongs to G8F, the default uv of its shell is "Base Female". And if it belongs to NGV8, the default uv of its shell is "Expansion_UVs". 
Then daz studio tried to change the uv of all these shells to "Easy Pants" so that they can display the textures of easypants correctly. 
For all shells based on G8F surfaces, this is no problem, because "Easy Pants" already exists in the uv list of the character after easypants is installed. 
But there is no "Easy Pants" in the uv list of NGV8, so daz studio's attempt to change the uv failed. Therefore, the shells based on NGV8's surfaces cannot display the texture of easypants correctly. 
To solve this problem, the best way is to customize a uv called "Easy Pants" for NGV8 based on easypants' uv template. 
However, this is definitely an inefficient method, because I cannot customize uvs for all geo shell props. 

3feetwolf  
#171 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 11:32:42 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi,

Slowly but steady I am thinking it would maybee be more easy to map the surfaces of the pants to a pantyhose from another seller, as this pantyhose conforms very well over the private parts and anything else, while not beeing based on a geoshell. Do you think that would be possible?

This is still a uv problem. We need to find a method or tool that can transform a texture that uses one uv into a new texture that uses another uv. Not sure if there is such a tool in the daz3d market...

3feetwolf  
#172 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 11:35:25 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Inkbert Go to Quoted Post
Hi all, can someone please repost the script 3fw linked here?

https://www.renderotica....&m=487326#post487326

The forum says "content moved or not available anymore" and can't figure how to copy the ngv8 surfaces to an effect geoshell.

The download link is invalid? Please email me([email protected]) and I will send you the script or find a solution for you. 

Jodawg27  
#173 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 10:09:00 PM(UTC)
Jodawg27

I've encountered an issue with the way the genitalia looks when legs are bent. I applied the genitalia to a default genesis 8.1 female just to make sure it wasn't any presets I had on my character and I'm seeing the same issue. The labia majora folds over on top of the pelvis instead of a natural looking smoothing. I'm just using the default bend of the leps, not any extra morphs. I've attached an album of screenshots of the default figure. The first image was my attempt to use the Genitalia Size 01 slider set to max to move the genitalia in. This really shows how it folds over instead of smoothing out. The next two images are the default genitalia completely unchanged from the initialization presets. Legs are bent to the max at -115 and are moved together. I'll email you the scene just so you don't have to set it up if you'd like.

As a side note, everything else has been really great. I've had little trouble with anything else so far and it looks great.

https://imgur.com/a/vYCsgYR

3feetwolf  
#174 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 7:42:25 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Jodawg27 Go to Quoted Post

I've encountered an issue with the way the genitalia looks when legs are bent. I applied the genitalia to a default genesis 8.1 female just to make sure it wasn't any presets I had on my character and I'm seeing the same issue. The labia majora folds over on top of the pelvis instead of a natural looking smoothing. I'm just using the default bend of the leps, not any extra morphs. I've attached an album of screenshots of the default figure. The first image was my attempt to use the Genitalia Size 01 slider set to max to move the genitalia in. This really shows how it folds over instead of smoothing out. The next two images are the default genitalia completely unchanged from the initialization presets. Legs are bent to the max at -115 and are moved together. I'll email you the scene just so you don't have to set it up if you'd like.

As a side note, everything else has been really great. I've had little trouble with anything else so far and it looks great.

https://imgur.com/a/vYCsgYR

Hi, please email me your scene. I will try to find out the problem. 

Oxidation1988  
#175 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2022 2:09:52 PM(UTC)
Oxidation1988

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Hey I have ran into a problem. recently had had to wipe everything of Daz3d. I finally got everything back up on going but now The expansion NGV8 isn't working. I can customize and the maps are created I found them in the folder but when I try to apply them I get an error saying to contact for support. I first thought it was I messed up the data and runtime files so I did that again. Also made sure I had the newest updated of downloads. Any help would be a great help. I'm pulling my hair out here :(

BadOnion  
#176 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2022 8:14:37 AM(UTC)
BadOnion

Hey! I've recently encountered a problem where the genitalia is just put on top of the genesis 8 model instead of replacing the section. the shell isn't working anymore either. 

It just happened in the middle of working on the scene and issue appears always. Even after reinstalling everything.

Masterstroke  
#177 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2022 8:27:22 AM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 171 post(s)

Originally Posted by: BadOnion Go to Quoted Post

Hey! I've recently encountered a problem where the genitalia is just put on top of the genesis 8 model instead of replacing the section. the shell isn't working anymore either. 

It just happened in the middle of working on the scene and issue appears always. Even after reinstalling everything.

That is happening, when you have the joint editor or geometry editor active. Go back to the transform tools and it will go back to normal.

thanks 2 users thanked Masterstroke for this useful post.
BadOnion on 5/8/2022(UTC), 3feetwolf on 5/31/2022(UTC)
BadOnion  
#178 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2022 8:53:31 AM(UTC)
BadOnion

Originally Posted by: Masterstroke Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: BadOnion Go to Quoted Post

That is happening, when you have the joint editor or geometry editor active. Go back to the transform tools and it will go back to normal.

Oh you were right! Thank's a lot!

dogcatbfg9000  
#179 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2022 4:33:34 AM(UTC)
dogcatbfg9000

Hi 3feetwolf,

I hope that this is the right thread to reply to. I couldn't anything on the web.

Is there any collision script (or something else) to assist with penetration of objects or G8F male genitals?

Thanks,

Yoni

3feetwolf  
#180 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2022 9:43:42 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: dogcatbfg9000 Go to Quoted Post

Hi 3feetwolf,

I hope that this is the right thread to reply to. I couldn't anything on the web.

Is there any collision script (or something else) to assist with penetration of objects or G8F male genitals?

Thanks,

Yoni

Hi, 

I do not quite understand what you mean. Could you please describe your needs in more detail?