10 Pages«<8910
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrRogerSmith  
#181 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2024 6:14:26 PM(UTC)
MrRogerSmith

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: MrRogerSmith Go to Quoted Post

Hello, I just purchased the NG9 a couple of days ago.  I'm getting the lines on the thigh problem.  I've tried turning off the character's HD details as suggested in earlier posts but the problem persists.  Can you suggest where else I might try looking for a solution?

The base character is Riley from Raiya but there are a number of different morphs active.

I've tried using a few different 100% character body morphs.  I'm getting the thigh lines on characters by P3D, ES3D, and Colm Jackson.  A few others I've tested I haven't gotten the lines like Blue Jaunte and Cherubit.  The characters for which the lines showed up do not have HD on/off options, although neither does Cherubit.  But I'm wondering if some creators use HD morphs that can't be turned off?  That would be a serious problem as it would mean the NG9 wouldn't be compatible with their models.

3feetwolf  
#182 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2024 8:47:57 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Hello, I just purchased the NG9 a couple of days ago.  I'm getting the lines on the thigh problem.  I've tried turning off the character's HD details as suggested in earlier posts but the problem persists.  Can you suggest where else I might try looking for a solution?

The base character is Riley from Raiya but there are a number of different morphs active.

I've tried using a few different 100% character body morphs.  I'm getting the thigh lines on characters by P3D, ES3D, and Colm Jackson.  A few others I've tested I haven't gotten the lines like Blue Jaunte and Cherubit.  The characters for which the lines showed up do not have HD on/off options, although neither does Cherubit.  But I'm wondering if some creators use HD morphs that can't be turned off?  That would be a serious problem as it would mean the NG9 wouldn't be compatible with their models.

Hi, have you tried reducing the character's render subd level to 2 or lower? HD morphs are really a headache for me... 

MrRogerSmith  
#183 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2024 2:20:06 PM(UTC)
MrRogerSmith

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Hi, have you tried reducing the character's render subd level to 2 or lower? HD morphs are really a headache for me... 

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have now tried it with five different characters with a mixed bag of results.  Two from P3D (Rowan and the new Noa) and one from Colm Jackson (Mercia) were unaffected by going down to SubD 2.  I had to go all the way to SubD 0 to get rid of the lines, and of course the resolution at that point is not suitable for rendering.

I also tested a Mousso character (Dola) which has an HD slider.  Even with the HD details slider turned off, the lines still showed up.  I tried turning her SubD down to 2 and 1, but as with the other characters the lines didn't disappear until SubD 0.

However, with a character from ES3D (Bianca) when I turned the SubD down to 2 the lines went away.  Even for any characters for whom this works, though, I'm not a fan of this as a solution as the nice closeups with high resolution are one of the primary incentives for using Genesis 9.

3feetwolf  
#184 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2024 5:36:31 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Even for any characters for whom this works, though, I'm not a fan of this as a solution as the nice closeups with high resolution are one of the primary incentives for using Genesis 9.

I totally understand. 

However, unless daz3d opens hd morph permission to our third-party authors, this problem cannot be completely solved. 

But I have another dirty method that doesn't require lowering the subd level. Taking p3d Rowan as an example, go to 'data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/P3Design/Rowan' and you can find some files with the DHDM suffix. Temporarily remove files with "body" in their names from this folder:
P3DRowanPreteen_body_bs_Body_HD2.dhdm
P3DRowanTeen_body_bs_Body_HD2.dhdm
Then restart daz studio, load Rowan and apply NG9. At this point, since the HD morphs of Rowan's body were temporarily removed, the lines will disappear from the rendering result. In the meantime, Rowan maintains the original subd level and HD morphs of the head. 
You can compare the renders before and after removing the body hd morphs to see if this method is acceptable. 

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
MrRogerSmith on 4/1/2024(UTC)
MrRogerSmith  
#185 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2024 11:25:40 AM(UTC)
MrRogerSmith

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Even for any characters for whom this works, though, I'm not a fan of this as a solution as the nice closeups with high resolution are one of the primary incentives for using Genesis 9.

I totally understand. 

However, unless daz3d opens hd morph permission to our third-party authors, this problem cannot be completely solved. 

But I have another dirty method that doesn't require lowering the subd level. Taking p3d Rowan as an example, go to 'data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/P3Design/Rowan' and you can find some files with the DHDM suffix. Temporarily remove files with "body" in their names from this folder:
P3DRowanPreteen_body_bs_Body_HD2.dhdm
P3DRowanTeen_body_bs_Body_HD2.dhdm
Then restart daz studio, load Rowan and apply NG9. At this point, since the HD morphs of Rowan's body were temporarily removed, the lines will disappear from the rendering result. In the meantime, Rowan maintains the original subd level and HD morphs of the head. 
You can compare the renders before and after removing the body hd morphs to see if this method is acceptable. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  There is still a slight line visible, per the attached files, but I expect it will not be noticeable unless someone was looking for it.  I think this solution will work.  Thanks for your help!

File Attachment(s):
with gen.png (14,645kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
no gen.png (14,694kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
3feetwolf  
#186 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2024 8:11:44 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Thanks for the suggestion.  There is still a slight line visible, per the attached files, but I expect it will not be noticeable unless someone was looking for it.  I think this solution will work.  Thanks for your help!

It seems that HD morphs of this character's head also slightly alter the shape of her body (which shouldn't happen). Anyway, glad this worked :-)