10 Pages«<678910>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
francis85  
#141 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2023 3:31:48 PM(UTC)
francis85

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I am also confirming that your fix works. Thank you for being this proactive this whole time, it's refreshing to see. Some creators don't seem to care about their products as much.

thanks 1 user thanked francis85 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 5/11/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#142 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2023 9:13:04 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: francis85 Go to Quoted Post

I am also confirming that your fix works. Thank you for being this proactive this whole time, it's refreshing to see. Some creators don't seem to care about their products as much.

Thank you very much for the feedback and encouragement :-)

timnaas  
#143 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2023 9:04:45 PM(UTC)
timnaas

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yep....good on my end as well.
Thanks again for the continued support!
thanks 1 user thanked timnaas for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 5/14/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#144 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2023 9:48:22 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: timnaas Go to Quoted Post
Yep....good on my end as well.
Thanks again for the continued support!

You're welcome : )

BBSoft  
#145 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2023 3:07:20 AM(UTC)
BBSoft

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So... what happened? Can't find this on the store anymore nor any other 3feetwolf product, and some like the HD Nipples are now from CGBytes?
BrotherHades  
#146 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2023 6:59:53 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: BBSoft Go to Quoted Post
So... what happened? Can't find this on the store anymore nor any other 3feetwolf product, and some like the HD Nipples are now from CGBytes?

My guess on it not showing up in the store, if there is a sizable update or fix coming, the store will sometimes hide the page for the product, largely so that people aren't buying it while fix is being created and tested, getting pissed X feature isn't working and requesting refunds or canceling charges with their credit card. So they hide it while being fixed and then tested, and it will pop up once it passes testing again. (They did this when Advanced Pussy was reworked and retested early on)

The second part is likely 3feetwolf has sold his products to CGbytes, whether this means he's retiring we can only guess, sometimes sales of items (Buyouts) are done so Vendor can get funds upfront, rather than waiting for sales to come in. (Basically Vendor and Store Management come up with a price, Vendor gets the money upfront, store gets ownership of the products and what would have been Vendor's cut of sales going forward) and whether Vendor will still supply support and improvements is up to the contract between Vendor and Store. (Making 3feetwolf's products now similar to Daz Originals)

thanks 2 users thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 5/31/2023(UTC), BBSoft on 6/1/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#147 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2023 8:39:36 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: BBSoft Go to Quoted Post

My guess on it not showing up in the store, if there is a sizable update or fix coming, the store will sometimes hide the page for the product, largely so that people aren't buying it while fix is being created and tested, getting pissed X feature isn't working and requesting refunds or canceling charges with their credit card. So they hide it while being fixed and then tested, and it will pop up once it passes testing again. (They did this when Advanced Pussy was reworked and retested early on)

The second part is likely 3feetwolf has sold his products to CGbytes, whether this means he's retiring we can only guess, sometimes sales of items (Buyouts) are done so Vendor can get funds upfront, rather than waiting for sales to come in. (Basically Vendor and Store Management come up with a price, Vendor gets the money upfront, store gets ownership of the products and what would have been Vendor's cut of sales going forward) and whether Vendor will still supply support and improvements is up to the contract between Vendor and Store. (Making 3feetwolf's products now similar to Daz Originals)

Hi everyone, please do not worry. It's just because cgbytes bought out my products. I will continue supporting these products and create new ones. 

thanks 8 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
BBSoft on 6/1/2023(UTC), haruchai on 6/1/2023(UTC), Akirael on 6/1/2023(UTC), Zummi on 6/4/2023(UTC), MadMachine on 6/4/2023(UTC), Slashed_999 on 6/8/2023(UTC), Su7Sonic on 6/25/2023(UTC), okelly on 7/3/2023(UTC)
crikett  
#148 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2023 11:13:21 PM(UTC)
crikett

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The New Gens seem to have "suddenly" stopped working for me... I say "suddenly" as I've not added/tried added to a new character until this evening, and ran into problems. I went through most of the troubleshooting steps I've done before, on to removing, re-downloading, and re-installing, but running into the same problems. Which is, when selecting Step 1, it comes back very quickly with "Could Not Start The Process." After clicking OK on this error, it comes back again a few times as the Percent Done bar moves along.

System is a Mac, and the DAZ logs all indicate everything launched and without errors, and I am not finding errors in the System Log, and the permissions on the .app in the Resources directory allows read for everyone (everything looks like it does on old backups from when this worked, though I've not tried restoring those, as there have been a couple updates since then... and this likely came along with one of those).
42snoopy  
#149 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2023 6:05:31 AM(UTC)
42snoopy

Originally Posted by: crikett Go to Quoted Post
The New Gens seem to have "suddenly" stopped working for me... I say "suddenly" as I've not added/tried added to a new character until this evening, and ran into problems. I went through most of the troubleshooting steps I've done before, on to removing, re-downloading, and re-installing, but running into the same problems. Which is, when selecting Step 1, it comes back very quickly with "Could Not Start The Process." After clicking OK on this error, it comes back again a few times as the Percent Done bar moves along.

System is a Mac, and the DAZ logs all indicate everything launched and without errors, and I am not finding errors in the System Log, and the permissions on the .app in the Resources directory allows read for everyone (everything looks like it does on old backups from when this worked, though I've not tried restoring those, as there have been a couple updates since then... and this likely came along with one of those).

Sounds like the file "data/3feetwolf/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/Resources/preprocessingMac.app" is corrupt. Re-download the zip file, trash the .app file  and manually copy (using finder, no tools or scripts) from the unzipped file. Note you may not see the .app if you finder option "Show all filename extensions" enabled.In which case it will be named "preprocessingMac".

thanks 1 user thanked 42snoopy for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 7/11/2023(UTC)
crikett  
#150 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2023 12:25:15 AM(UTC)
crikett

I had re-downloaded and reinstalled yesterday, but did so again, with the same results.Though, I was able to make progress by copying the preprocessing app from one of my backups (from Feb this year)... and, that does work. However, trying on a few different texture sets, the results don't match up. While I cannot find any difference in the Body and Legs shader valuies (and indeed, even if I manually copy and paste them), the New Gens come out lighter... sort like the gamma is off or something similar?

Has there been any changes to the preprocessing app? While there is something still obviously wrong since one of these updates for me, I would love to be able to forget about this piece and move on to other stuff? And have you seen anything like this in rendering results?

Much thanks for the help!
42snoopy  
#151 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2023 7:00:34 AM(UTC)
42snoopy

I had re-downloaded and reinstalled yesterday, but did so again, with the same results.Though, I was able to make progress by copying the preprocessing app from one of my backups (from Feb this year)... and, that does work. However, trying on a few different texture sets, the results don't match up. While I cannot find any difference in the Body and Legs shader valuies (and indeed, even if I manually copy and paste them), the New Gens come out lighter... sort like the gamma is off or something similar?

Has there been any changes to the preprocessing app? While there is something still obviously wrong since one of these updates for me, I would love to be able to forget about this piece and move on to other stuff? And have you seen anything like this in rendering results?

There have been no changes to the preprocessing app that I know of. It is possible, that depending upon how the downloaded zip was unzipped there may still have been an initial security lock placed on it by the OS. This can be resolved by navigating to the folder where it is and double clicking it. A warning appears that indicates this app was downloaded / created by the unzip tool and do you want to trust/run it. Say yes and afterwards all should be good to go.  If not a right-click get info on the app file would be useful.

crikett  
#152 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2023 1:19:32 PM(UTC)
crikett

Originally Posted by: 42snoopy Go to Quoted Post

There have been no changes to the preprocessing app that I know of. It is possible, that depending upon how the downloaded zip was unzipped there may still have been an initial security lock placed on it by the OS. This can be resolved by navigating to the folder where it is and double clicking it. A warning appears that indicates this app was downloaded / created by the unzip tool and do you want to trust/run it. Say yes and afterwards all should be good to go.  If not a right-click get info on the app file would be useful.

Thanks - this is what I thought was probably the case... and I did CHMOD everything and add executable, but it was still the older .app package that I was able to get work.  At present I am using all the files from the most recent download, with the exception of the .app package, which is from an earlier package.  But as I noted, while everything seems to run now, and the textures are being created, the render results are off.  I have tried with just all old files, and the current mix, and a few things in between, and the results all render as wrong, though there is no difference in the shader values.  However, saved characters where I did this earlier still render correctly.

crikett attached the following image(s):
Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 11.38.56 PM.png
3feetwolf  
#153 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2023 9:26:08 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Thanks - this is what I thought was probably the case... and I did CHMOD everything and add executable, but it was still the older .app package that I was able to get work.  At present I am using all the files from the most recent download, with the exception of the .app package, which is from an earlier package.  But as I noted, while everything seems to run now, and the textures are being created, the render results are off.  I have tried with just all old files, and the current mix, and a few things in between, and the results all render as wrong, though there is no difference in the shader values.  However, saved characters where I did this earlier still render correctly.

Hi, 

Could you send me the textures that are causing this rendering problem and tell me the name of the character? I will check these textures and the material parameter settings of this character on my computer to find the cause of the rendering issue. 

crikett  
#154 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2023 11:14:43 PM(UTC)
crikett

Thanks to 3feetwolf's great support, I have things working again! Just to fill in some details here, in case anyone else winds up with similar issues:

I am 99% sure the preposessing.app isses are likely related to permissions - I wound up solving by restoring the earlier version. I would've likely been able to identify the exact changes needed, but given the lack of changes in the app, this is the obvious culprit.

The rendering issue is still a bit more perplexing, though I do have a workaround at the momen. While the Character shaders are PBR, the copied shaders on the New Gens are just the regular Uber... and while there are supposedly checks for this, for whatever reason, mine is only giving Uber now! Even when choosing the 04 - Update Gen Material. I am still not sure on the fix here, or why this is happening, though the fact that others are not reporting this does make me think it is something specific to me... in any case, I have worked around this by applying a PBR texture to the New Gens, and then doing the update... when applied over the PBR shaders, everything comes out as would be expected!

Thanks again to 3feetwolfd for the product and the support!
thanks 2 users thanked crikett for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 7/18/2023(UTC), Akirael on 7/19/2023(UTC)
Ikemaru  
#155 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2023 2:22:49 AM(UTC)
Ikemaru

I have a maybe strange question because maybe everyone knows about it but I don't.
The genitals have three "open" sliders.
But after moving the first one and half of the second one, the whole "thing" starts to partially blend into the thighs, which gives terrible results.
Is this correct?
Because if after one and a half sliders the appearance is unacceptable, why another half and another whole slider?
They do even worse.

Or maybe something is broken and even with three (or two) "open" sliders moved, it should look correct?
Can you show what two sliders look like at max ?
3feetwolf  
#156 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2023 10:31:57 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Ikemaru Go to Quoted Post
I have a maybe strange question because maybe everyone knows about it but I don't.
The genitals have three "open" sliders.
But after moving the first one and half of the second one, the whole "thing" starts to partially blend into the thighs, which gives terrible results.
Is this correct?
Because if after one and a half sliders the appearance is unacceptable, why another half and another whole slider?
They do even worse.

Or maybe something is broken and even with three (or two) "open" sliders moved, it should look correct?
Can you show what two sliders look like at max ?

Hi, 
These three morphs are suitable for different occasions.

The first morph can be used to show the change in shape of the genitals when they are penetrated by a small object, the second morph can be used to show the change in shape of the genitals when they are penetrated by a large object, and the third morph can be helpful if you want to show that the gens are not closed tightly.

Of course we can also combine them and give each morph a suitable value to get a satisfactory shape. However, since morphs work by simply moving the vertices of the model, these morphs can't work well together, so you may see some "punctures". This is normal and can be avoided by adjusting the values of the morphs, or by adjusting the camera angle or using props to avoid it in the final rendering. 

G3Renderworks  
#157 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2023 4:45:34 PM(UTC)
G3Renderworks

Issue with MGAB Daria. Is there a guide on how we can make our own corrective morphs and maybe share with the community for more compatibility?

G3Renderworks attached the following image(s):
Clipboard01.jpg
Grimmblight  
#158 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 12:10:04 AM(UTC)
Grimmblight

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Originally Posted by: StoneFaces Go to Quoted Post

Issue with MGAB Daria. Is there a guide on how we can make our own corrective morphs and maybe share with the community for more compatibility?

I just tried it with MGAB's Daria. with no errors, so its not a morph problem.

try making the character again.

daz up to date, vid card drivers up to date ?

Edited by user Thursday, November 30, 2023 12:13:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Grimmblight for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 11/30/2023(UTC)
G3Renderworks  
#159 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 12:51:02 AM(UTC)
G3Renderworks

Originally Posted by: Grimmblight Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: StoneFaces Go to Quoted Post

I just tried it with MGAB's Daria. with no errors, so its not a morph problem.

try making the character again.

daz up to date, vid card drivers up to date ?

I'm still on 4.21. Are you on 4.22?

Grimmblight  
#160 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 2:05:04 AM(UTC)
Grimmblight

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am on 4.22 yes