4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Akirael  
#61 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2023 3:27:57 AM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)
We still need a GP and DIC G9 update and we really could use a set of maps for USM and GP/DIC to simulate good and realistic-looking usage.
BigBlueProstatePoker  
#62 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2023 6:39:45 PM(UTC)
BigBlueProstatePoker

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
It would be nice to get an update. I really like USM 2 over the previous version, and would really love to buy the extra add-ons for sweat and baby oil and whatever else you might be planning for it.

aiwoiut  
#63 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2023 6:53:01 PM(UTC)
aiwoiut

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I got the USM 2 Baby Oil. Figures are 8, 8.1 and 9.

For some reason, as soon as I apply one of the presets, the effect requires a lot of light to see, unlike v1.2. I can post screenshots if you like, but I'm having real trouble making USM2 be useful.

Could the problem be PBR materials ? I can't tell them apart by looking at the surface tab. Are G8 figures using PBR materials in any way ?

I've even tried to apply v1.2 materials to the USM2 shell. The Graft fixing tools work great with those materials. I don't know what's going on yet, but I'm checking my Data folders to see if anything is lurking that could intefer.

Any tips on what to look for are appreciated.
Thunder-3D  
#64 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2023 7:24:14 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

The materials were created using the default render settings, might check those and see if there are some extreme settings in the tone mapping specifically.

Also keep in mind, the materials are not a special effect, they're based on real light reflection. The baby oil reflectivity will react like shiny baby oil should. If you're only using one light source, you're only going to get reflection from that one angle.

Try adding additional light sources to your scene, behind the camera pointed at the figure, so that you're getting more reflection angles returning to the camera :)

Larger light sources will create wider reflections, and smaller light sources will reflect more sharply.

Also be sure that you're not "blowing out" the scene with lights that are set too bright. I've seen renders from people that have lights sources so bright that the whole shell is one big reflection, giving the illusion that there's no reflection at all from the lack of contrast.

The renders in the official promo art used between 3 and 5 lights being cast on the figures, this makes it show up much more :)

Edited by user Monday, November 6, 2023 7:27:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thunder-3D  
#65 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2023 7:40:42 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Forgot to mention, there's a lot of troubleshooting notes in the documents folder of the .zip file, I included everything I could think of to make it easier to use :)

aiwoiut  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2023 5:32:50 AM(UTC)
aiwoiut

Thanks. I'm running some lightning tests along those lines now. Always more to learn.

-edit-

It looks like the problem is with the type of lights I was using.
My favorite are the square from the Iray Ghost Light Kit One. That one does not do as well as a vanilla rectangle 100x100 or 600x600 spotlight.

Headshot 720p with lights the same distance, brightness adjusted to roughly match:

Ghost Light Kit 1

Spotlight 100x100 Rectangle

Spotlight 600x600 Rectangle

Sorry to bungle around like this. Will keep experimenting.

Originally Posted by: Thunder-3D Go to Quoted Post

The materials were created using the default render settings, might check those and see if there are some extreme settings in the tone mapping specifically.

Also keep in mind, the materials are not a special effect, they're based on real light reflection. The baby oil reflectivity will react like shiny baby oil should. If you're only using one light source, you're only going to get reflection from that one angle.

Try adding additional light sources to your scene, behind the camera pointed at the figure, so that you're getting more reflection angles returning to the camera :)

Larger light sources will create wider reflections, and smaller light sources will reflect more sharply.

Also be sure that you're not "blowing out" the scene with lights that are set too bright. I've seen renders from people that have lights sources so bright that the whole shell is one big reflection, giving the illusion that there's no reflection at all from the lack of contrast.

The renders in the official promo art used between 3 and 5 lights being cast on the figures, this makes it show up much more :)

Edited by user Tuesday, November 7, 2023 7:06:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked aiwoiut for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 11/7/2023(UTC)
Thunder-3D  
#67 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2023 10:26:09 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Thank you so much for running those tests. When developing USM I never thought about ghost lights, but it makes sense they would react that way since the lights are not meant to be seen in the render, therefore they don't cast hard reflections which doesn't give the USM materials anything to reflect. Great job :)

FYI, my favorite light kit is "JM Proper Emissive Lights" at DAZ. A little pricey off sale, but it comes with a huge array of actual studio light shapes and tons of color and brightness adjustments. They can even be reshaped on the fly in the parameters tab. I've been using this kit for every render I've done for the last 5-6 years and it's never let me down. :)

aiwoiut  
#68 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2023 9:30:23 AM(UTC)
aiwoiut

Originally Posted by: Thunder-3D Go to Quoted Post

Thank you so much for running those tests. When developing USM I never thought about ghost lights, but it makes sense they would react that way since the lights are not meant to be seen in the render, therefore they don't cast hard reflections which doesn't give the USM materials anything to reflect. Great job :)

Glad I could contribute something useful. I've been trying to achieve the same thing with emmisive surfaces. Some interesting bits floating around.

Much better results. Piece of a shot

Quote:
FYI, my favorite light kit is "JM Proper Emissive Lights" at DAZ. A little pricey off sale, but it comes with a huge array of actual studio light shapes and tons of color and brightness adjustments. They can even be reshaped on the fly in the parameters tab. I've been using this kit for every render I've done for the last 5-6 years and it's never let me down. :)

Thanks for the tip. Looks like fine kit. I'll keep an eye for a sale in the coming weeks. With that kind of flexibility things should be much easier.

Thunder-3D on 11/10/2023(UTC)
aiwoiut  
#69 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2023 4:23:48 AM(UTC)
aiwoiut

JM Proper Emissive Lights are on sale here.

Fine set of lights. I'm having a great time with these. Thanks again for the tip.

Edited by user Saturday, December 16, 2023 4:26:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thunder-3D on 12/17/2023(UTC)
stolle  
#70 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2024 8:32:12 AM(UTC)
stolle

I need a step by step explanation using Ultimate Skin Moisture 2 Pro with the G9 genital. Can you please help me.
aiwoiut  
#71 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2024 12:30:20 PM(UTC)
aiwoiut

Here you go.

I'm assuming the figure has its male genitals with materials on it.

Give the G9 its USM 2 Pro shell as usual. Give it the material you'd prefer. You can change this later but it requires a repeat of two steps below. Once you'd done this once or twice, it takes less than a minute.

Select the Ultimate Moisture Shell in your scene tab.

Go to the Surface tab.

Select the "Legs" entry in the Surfaces tab. Right-click and left-click on "Copy selected surface(s)".

Now select the offending surfaces you wish to fix. For the G9 Male genital that's "Genesis9MaleGenitalia_Genitalia". For other genital figures, they're easy to find by name just like this one is. Remember that you can apply changes to all selected surfaces at once.

In the Content tab, from the "USM 2 for G9" folder, open the "Shell Toolkit" folder, then the "Graft Helper" folder.

Double-click on the "USM Shader fix For Grafts" entry. This will apply a shader to the selected surface,i.e. our male genital surface, in the "Surfaces" tab.

In the Surfaces tab right-click on the selected offending surface entry, right-click and left-click on "Paste to Selected Surface(s)".

Now it all depends on what kinds of materials you had put on the USM 2 Pro shell. Anything with droplets will need to have its tiling changed, which means that we need to change how large the texture appears on the surface. Right now it will apply the texture to a very small area, and any drops will appear very small.

To fix that, select that offending surface once again if it isn't, and enter "Tiles" in the search bar on the top right of the Surface tab. This will isolate the parameters we'll tinker with, though you can find these parameters without isolating them by scrolling almost to the bottom of the surface parameters and looking around a bit.

I recommend you use "Texture Shaded" view for this. It displays the materials fairly well for drop-related stuff.

For "Horizontal Tiles" and "Vertical Tiles", start by entering values like 0.2. The texture will appear larger. If you need to change the location of where the texture is applied, change the "Horizontal Offset" and "Vertical Offset" values until you like what you see.

If you change materials, you'll need to:
Copy the material from the "Legs" surface of the "Ultimate Moisture Shell" again, and paste it to the offending surfaces. Then you'll need to reapply any necessary tiling and offset changes to the offensing surfaces.

Edited by user Thursday, January 4, 2024 12:37:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked aiwoiut for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 1/6/2024(UTC), SilentW on 2/29/2024(UTC), kcam001 on 3/22/2024(UTC)
Thunder-3D  
#72 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2024 1:55:32 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

The above is correct, also we included several documents in the documents folder as instructions for all kinds of modifications to the shell :)

kcam001  
#73 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2024 1:16:09 PM(UTC)
kcam001

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Hi. I'm needing a bit of help with the decal system that's setup with the new USM v2. I'm trying to attach the USM as a decal to the double danglers attached to a G9 but no matter what I do it doesn't seem to want to display. I know its probably something I'm doing wrong or something I'm missing and I've tried both wet decal systems from both yourself and kinderedarts and nothing seems to work. Even tried placing the decal material from the surfaces tab as well as applying the decal to a shell and nothing seems to work
kcam001  
#74 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2024 1:41:54 PM(UTC)
kcam001

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Disregard last. Finally cracked it
thanks 2 users thanked kcam001 for this useful post.
ContentModerator on 3/23/2024(UTC), Thunder-3D on 3/23/2024(UTC)
Thunder-3D  
#75 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2024 7:25:46 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: kcam001 Go to Quoted Post
Hi. I'm needing a bit of help with the decal system that's setup with the new USM v2. I'm trying to attach the USM as a decal to the double danglers attached to a G9 but no matter what I do it doesn't seem to want to display. I know its probably something I'm doing wrong or something I'm missing and I've tried both wet decal systems from both yourself and kinderedarts and nothing seems to work. Even tried placing the decal material from the surfaces tab as well as applying the decal to a shell and nothing seems to work

For the decals, you only need to attach the decal applicator to the figure itself, all grafts will be covered as long as they're correctly attached to the figure.

If using the shell with grafts that weren't supported at the time of release, there are detailed instructions in the documents folder as well as a few tools in the toolkit to help out :)

Sorry for the delayed reply and glad to hear you figured out what was going wrong, if you have any other questions please shoot me an email, I'm always happy to help :)