4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
simontemplar  
#21 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 10:21:31 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)

That would be great :D I can already picture what an adjustable drops-free shell could do combined with the decal system, that would look really good.
I had an idea that I'd like to share as well, although I don't know how practical that one would be. The sand render made me think of that.

How about some "sand" settings for parts only of the body? The buttocks alone, the buttocks and the back, the elbows, the elbows and forearms, the palms...

the kind of sticky sand you gat by laying down on your back, sitting down, kneeling, laying on the side... frolicking on the sand when you've applied baby oil or have swam just before? That would be
great for realism :D

Edited by user Thursday, December 22, 2022 10:29:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"That was fun. Let's do it again."
thanks 1 user thanked simontemplar for this useful post.
Akirael on 12/22/2022(UTC)
Akirael  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 1:04:36 PM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post

That would be great :D I can already picture what an adjustable drops-free shell could do combined with the decal system, that would look really good.
I had an idea that I'd like to share as well, although I don't know how practical that one would be. The sand render made me think of that.

How about some "sand" settings for parts only of the body? The buttocks alone, the buttocks and the back, the elbows, the elbows and forearms, the palms...

the kind of sticky sand you gat by laying down on your back, sitting down, kneeling, laying on the side... frolicking on the sand when you've applied baby oil or have swam just before? That would be
great for realism :D

I so second that. But also other Geoshell shenanigans like whip cream or general dirt came to my mind now as well.

Thunder-3D  
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 1:31:55 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

I'm planning a special materials pack that will also include "biological" decal presets. When I do that I'll see what it would take to do realistic sand. :)

What do you guys think of the Decal Applicator tool? Do you find it easy to use?

simontemplar  
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 1:35:48 PM(UTC)
simontemplar

I'm still poking around the decal tool. I have close to zero experience using decals outside tattoos and brandings but I'll let you know :)
hig27  
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 1:36:27 PM(UTC)
hig27

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

I think the applicator tool is neat, although I would like to see a way to remove it or making it invisible after having placed the decals.

Oh and something I find strange: I always have to copy the legs material to the body. Is this intended?

Thunder-3D  
#26 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 2:19:42 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: hig27 Go to Quoted Post

I think the applicator tool is neat, although I would like to see a way to remove it or making it invisible after having placed the decals.

Oh and something I find strange: I always have to copy the legs material to the body. Is this intended?

Make sure you are using the right shell for the figure you are using, the body should not be white if you're using the correct shell.

You should only copy the leg material to a graft area that doesn't have "Torso" or "Body" in the name.

For graft areas with Torso/Body in the name, copy the body.

To make the decal tool dissapear in textured view, you can turn off the 2 sub-components of the tool in the scene tab :)

Just remember, the tool is there to help you make sure the decal is facing the camera ;)

arrow1  
#27 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 3:18:28 PM(UTC)
arrow1

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I purchased this product and I am having trouble using it! Is there a more detailed tutorial? Cheers
Thunder-3D  
#28 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 3:38:00 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: arrow1 Go to Quoted Post
I purchased this product and I am having trouble using it! Is there a more detailed tutorial? Cheers

What issues are you having? There are several documents in the documents folder that explain everything I could think of :)

Oxidation1988  
#29 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 7:15:32 PM(UTC)
Oxidation1988

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

I haven't messed with decals too much either because you got to make it so...exact. 3D did well to make it pretty easy I will say that from a stationary point anyways XD making the box invisible would be a good addition.

hig27  
#30 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 12:04:33 AM(UTC)
hig27

Originally Posted by: Thunder-3D Go to Quoted Post

Make sure you are using the right shell for the figure you are using, the body should not be white if you're using the correct shell.

Sounds reasonable. However I am using G8 mats on G8.1 characters, so the problem might be rooted there. No biggie tho.

Thunder-3D  
#31 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 1:16:24 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: Thunder-3D Go to Quoted Post

Sounds reasonable. However I am using G8 mats on G8.1 characters, so the problem might be rooted there. No biggie tho.

That's odd. Have you tried each shell on the figure? It should depend on the mesh (8 vs 8.1) rather than the mats used on the char.

If you continue to have problems, drop me an email to the address in the readme :)

hig27  
#32 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 2:30:21 AM(UTC)
hig27

Actually I can not reproduce the problem today. No idea what went wrong before, right now everything is working perfectly. :-)

Thunder-3D  
#33 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 9:46:25 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Actually I can not reproduce the problem today. No idea what went wrong before, right now everything is working perfectly. :-)

Awesome! If you do have any problem with it I'm happy to help :)

simontemplar  
#34 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 10:31:07 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

I'm getting the hang of the decal now. And I can't help thinking that if there was a way to easily use it on a car, it would solve many of my problems :)
Thunder-3D  
#35 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 1:06:40 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
I'm getting the hang of the decal now. And I can't help thinking that if there was a way to easily use it on a car, it would solve many of my problems :)

Try applying the decal applicator to anything, it's not a bespoke figure tool, just needs to be connected to the object you want wet and face the camera :)

arrow1  
#36 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 3:13:23 PM(UTC)
arrow1

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 8 post(s)

I can only get water drops on the torso.I cannot get any drops on any other part of the body.I am using Victoria 9 Female HD from DAZ with DAZ Anatomy. Cheers

Thunder-3D  
#37 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 3:40:54 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: arrow1 Go to Quoted Post

I can only get water drops on the torso.I cannot get any drops on any other part of the body.I am using Victoria 9 Female HD from DAZ with DAZ Anatomy. Cheers

Are you applying the shell after adding the grafts? Are you using the G9 shell? Could you post an image? Thanks :)

PhantasyMaster99  
#38 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2022 3:41:34 AM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

After using your previous USMs, I snapped this one up immediately. I do have a few questions that you might be able to answer without me having to look at everything.

Does this version supersede and replace all other versions - i.e. will I lose any functionality with this new version that the old ones had?

When I updated the last version, I think I lost something...I don't remember what, that I liked. I guess it wasn't that important if I can't remember exactly what it was, but still.

The second question is, 

Should I uninstall all the old stuff from previous versions? I just wanted to know if there would be any conflicts - for instance data files being overwritten. I wanted to play with it immedaitely and track down the old version's files when I have time and delete them.

Thanks and I can't wait to try this new version!

PS...double thanks for making an all-inclusive version upfront. I really appreciate that! 

thanks 1 user thanked PhantasyMaster99 for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 12/29/2022(UTC)
Thunder-3D  
#39 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2022 3:19:00 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: PhantasyMaster99 Go to Quoted Post

After using your previous USMs, I snapped this one up immediately. I do have a few questions that you might be able to answer without me having to look at everything.

Does this version supersede and replace all other versions - i.e. will I lose any functionality with this new version that the old ones had?

no, USM 2 Pro does not replace any of your old files, your previous products can continue to be used :)

When I updated the last version, I think I lost something...I don't remember what, that I liked. I guess it wasn't that important if I can't remember exactly what it was, but still.

The second question is, 

Should I uninstall all the old stuff from previous versions? I just wanted to know if there would be any conflicts - for instance data files being overwritten. I wanted to play with it immedaitely and track down the old version's files when I have time and delete them.

USM 2 Pro installs in its own folders, there is no need to delete your old versions

Thanks and I can't wait to try this new version!

PS...double thanks for making an all-inclusive version upfront. I really appreciate that! 

Edited by user Thursday, December 29, 2022 3:27:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PhantasyMaster99  
#40 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2022 8:06:44 PM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Ty Thunder!