Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SinisterSh0t  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2024 10:16:57 AM(UTC)
SinisterSh0t

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Been trying to use Other Geoshell's alongside Futalicious when applied to a Character Model.

For example, I sometimes use Aeon Soul's Various Dirt and Mud Effect Packs to give some characters A grungy Feeling. Whether it's for an Apocalyptic Setting, or a More Steampunk Setting.

One time I tried using both Aeon Souls Dirt Effects on Vi from Arcane, to do a... Smoky Scene with another Character, Caitlyn.

As Caitlyn is from the "Top-Side", so high society. so she's clean. So it made sense for Vi to be the Opposite as she's from the Undercity.

However, Aeon Dirt when Applied would break Futalicious, making the entire Shaft and Crotch pale white.

Using shell fix did resolve it partially, restoring the skin but with an obvious seam where the dirt just stops before the crotch.

I tried using the offset parameter to resolve it, no luck unfortunately.

Interestingly, V3Digitimes "A Touch of Dirt" which is a procedureally generated Geoshell works somewhat with futalicious.

But you have to apply multiple geoshells, One for the Body and two specific for the genitals and futalicious shell and then offset the Geoshell.

However, while "A Touch of Dirt" is fantastic for applying Dirt, Especially for Hair & Clothing, something Aeon's Dirt Packs can't do...

Aeon's Products provide ton's of different patterns, styles and strengths, like using Oil, Mud, Sand, or Coal Soot.

Would highly appreciate it if anyone has any advice on how to resolve this? [it also effects Breastacular, Cluster Bomb and Full Monty]

Either from using a script or some parameter switch I've overlooked to try?

[Also, If Meipe does see this... I hope you might know a solution as I love using your products.]

Edited by user Wednesday, March 20, 2024 10:22:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2024 12:02:29 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Most 3rd party shells will not have material information for grafts period (Unless you have a rare case where Vendor has built in surface information like Thunder-3d has a lot of surfaces from Meipe's grafts included) so in most cases you are going to have to manually copy and paste to the graft surfaces added to the shell (The shell not including material surfaces for the grafts is also why you had the white surfaces, as shells default with a white color if no material settings are present, and all surfaces of the figure get added to shell as they are loaded in, including grafts) 

So what you'll have to do is take the dirt shell surface closest to the graft area (With how G8 is mapped it is Torso, and with 8.1 and G9 it is body, some grafts like breastacular and clusterbomb have a small area of texture pulled from arm map, and Fender Bender copies mapping from legs surface) and copy those to the graft surfaces that were added to the dirt shell (May be an additional step here to adjust the shells graft surface shader to match the shells shader as well) 

Then you should have the dirt shell covering the grafts, only downside is as there are no automatic surface/materials settings, if you later change dirt shell materials/options, you will have to copy and paste new surface settings to the graft surfaces on the dirt shell.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
Meipe on 3/21/2024(UTC)