Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SilentW  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2024 10:25:15 AM(UTC)
SilentW

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello!
I am struggling using props like wire, tape and even the giant snake.The G9 poses work fine, the props are placed, but the poses for the props just do not work. That is also the case with BUJUTSUKAN additions.Can I get an extended version of the instructions included in the files, please? There is probably just some stupid mistake, but I just don't get it...

lightBLUE  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2024 5:42:06 AM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi,

The wire and the tape are completely different in terms of usage and posing. I don't have a product called Giant Snake so I don't know what are you referring to by that.
I'm also not sure what G9 poses are you talking about, as my Universal Duct Tape product doesn't include any poses, and the Wired product includes only a few poses for the wire, and none for G9.
All of my products have a detailed description of how to use them both in README.txt and Instructions.pdf files.

I suppose you're talking about BUJUTSUKAN's pose packs there. I read his instructions on how to use his poses, and I find them quite detailed and easy to follow.
He even made a video on how to use the tape, which is very useful, especially if you are using more than one tape in your scene.

If you read all of the instructions for the wire and the tape, and you still have problems, I suggest that you write to my email with a detailed explanation (and some screenshots maybe)
of what the problem is for each product, and I will try to assist you, and further explain what it might be that you are doing incorrectly.
thanks 1 user thanked lightBLUE for this useful post.
SilentW on 3/20/2024(UTC)
BrotherHades  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2024 7:28:54 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

I'm guessing by the Giant Snake you mention you are referring to blacklight's Twining Poses for Snake and V9? If so the trick is to parent the snake to V9 (As it says Drag the snake to the V9 directory) and turn limits off on both V9 and snake ( A few ways to do this, easiest way is select figure hip, and in upper left corner the pose control widget should appear, there should be a little figure with his arms at his sides with triangle pointing downward, right click triangle and a menu should appear, click where it says Limits Off (Rotation) and then it should be just as simple as clicking the pose, and since they are H.Poses it will apply pose to both V9 and the snake (resizing the snake as necessary along with the pose)

Otherwise in general use of wire, tape, etc etc, if using pose sets it is best to read the Readme and follow vendor instructions on use because Vendor A might get the pose to work by building a separate pose for the tape, and requiring you to parent the tape to figure it is being used for, while Vendor B might create a wearable preset for the attachments, Vendor C could set the pose and attachments up to only work right after Dforce Sim is run for tape, on each individual piece of tape, one at a time. So as there are so many ways that pose vendors can set up for attachments like tape, wire, etc, it is best to check the readme to clarify which method they are using with their poses. 

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
SilentW on 3/20/2024(UTC)