Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeremion  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2023 8:52:12 PM(UTC)
jeremion

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

I used a skin converter (it creates a material suit using 8.1 texture on G9 character) from my 8.1 char. I wanted to remake the dick with dicktator, however I get this issue now : https://ibb.co/B3TtzfW
Is there anyway to get it working? Any clue is welcome :)

TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2023 1:30:38 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 111 post(s)
The "Material Suit" and its parts may be a or have geoshell(s) that the shell fix script will need to be ran on to fix the DCK shell's display.
If this is the issue selecting the Material Suit or its shell(s) one at a time and running the Shell Fix script on them should fix it.
jeremion  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2023 5:04:28 AM(UTC)
jeremion

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention I tried the 2 shell fixes without any success

jeremion  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2023 6:35:42 AM(UTC)
jeremion

The best I got so far (with manual setup, step 1 dicktator, then change in dicktator the UV to PBR), then copy Mat then the Shell, but it's still doesn't work well. https://ibb.co/0K9r75P

I quite discouraged as I try for like the last 12 hours :(

TheBitterGent  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2023 7:12:05 PM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Sorry man cant test for you myself, I went with the competitors convertor.

Looks like you got all the shells fixed so its not blank anymore. That's progress.
If the character is set up first, and then G9 DCK added on G9 with default UVs it should work.

Your images seem to show some geometries intersecting though.
If everything's parented properly, then the Material Suit may be a geoshell that its layered at the same level as the DCK shell. If that's the case, perhaps increasing the offset of the DCK shell is the solution.
jeremion  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2023 7:44:55 PM(UTC)
jeremion

Thanks.
Tried too :( but this part of the shell doesn't seem to move when I change the offset.
What do you use to use the skin ? Maybe I have it and could give a try with the competitor (I think I have Legacy UV)

Edited by user Wednesday, December 20, 2023 7:52:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBitterGent  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 3:27:30 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Are you changing the DCK shell's offset?

I honestly just plug a G9 Skin on it. I dont have alien or reoccurring characters where Im going to need anything special outside of ethnic tones. I usually do female characters where the face is gonna change with makeups anyway.

Your issue seems to be of a fit issue more than a coloration issue. Like when Skull Caps clip into the head.
thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
jeremion on 12/21/2023(UTC)
jeremion  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 3:34:23 AM(UTC)
jeremion

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post
Are you changing the DCK shell's offset?

Yes, the shaft, glans, etc., 'move,' but the root shell of the dick doesn't really. I also tried to move the geometry in the mesh editor, but that was worst because I lost a lot of information—the dick was 'cut' XD. All my tests were done using the RSSY material suit. I just woke up, so... I'm going to try with Legacy UVs and see if the results differ, as it doesn't use the same technique as RSSY

Edited by user Thursday, December 21, 2023 5:57:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jeremion  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 3:42:23 AM(UTC)
jeremion

Big joke... I lost 3 days trying to make it working with material suit... and with Legacy UVs : https://ibb.co/pKnKZBb
Why didn't I try with the other converter before?! T.T It's not perfect as we see a little texture junction, but it's clearly ok!!!! Thanks TBG for the ping pong post :)

jeremion  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 4:50:47 AM(UTC)
jeremion

Well, when we think it's overt, it's not... I forgot to look behind :https://ibb.co/Bgvc277

Fix shell doesn't work, offset doesn't change those "square" position. I'm going to die lol. Stuck again :'( @meipe

Edited by user Friday, December 22, 2023 2:08:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBitterGent  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2023 2:19:43 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Sorry wasn't able to view the last 2 images.

IDK man,... Im just thinking out loud at this point.

Coloration:
can try coping from a G8DCK to the G9DCK and convert to PBR
or just find a skin for G9 that's close and then copy from G9DCK and paste to the G9DCK on Mat Suit G9 DCK.
can edit a copy of the mat map in a photo editor

Shaping:
Editing the DCK Root bone position may help but some characters are just going to need custom morphs probably.
That's probably the 1 size fits all, non binary, downside.

If its not a just small oversight like that an editor tool or mesh grabber is active farking up the display of the shell.

Does the Mat Suit graft the groin area, that would cause it to not fit?
Does it work with Mat Suit on other Characters? Meaning this isn't a Mat Suit issue but rather a Character Morph issue?

Might just be easier to update the characters mats to G9 and abandon the G8 skin.

Sorry I wasn't able to be of more assistance.
jeremion  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2023 5:56:48 AM(UTC)
jeremion

Does the Mat Suit graft the groin area, that would cause it to not fit?
Does it work with Mat Suit on other Characters? Meaning this isn't a Mat Suit issue but rather a Character Morph issue?

Na, I tried converting other characters and same issue occurs on all the 8.1 char with Dicktator G9.

Might just be easier to update the characters mats to G9 and abandon the G8 skin.

Yeah, the issue is to find another skin close enough to the previous one. One of my char was using a standard skin, and I had no issue in converting, having dicktator, etc. working without any issue. But I have many characters with non-daz standard skin... and skin is like character identity so not so easy to abandon the skin :(

Quote:
Coloration:
can try coping from a G8DCK to the G9DCK and convert to PBR
or just find a skin for G9 that's close and then copy from G9DCK and paste to the G9DCK on Mat Suit G9 DCK.

I tried something like, comparing the surfaces (iray / pbr / 3dlight), that how I understood the issue came from "torso_back", so I tried many things in order to get the right texture, cause here I think he's not getting the right one from... somewhere, but I think I'd need to understand what source / location dicktator look at to fill that part of the texture/shell (and mainly the transluence color)

Quote:

Editing the DCK Root bone position may help but some characters are just going to need custom morphs probably.
That's probably the 1 size fits all, non binary, downside.

I'm bad with bones things xD I tried to use meshgrabber to move the shell position, but the result was not good at all, cause it's not like a direct black/grey square in a corner, it's gradient.

Quote:

Sorry I wasn't able to be of more assistance

No problem, at least you tried, I felt less alone :) And you gave me the idea to try with the other convertor (which works better than RSSY one..). Thanks again :)

TheBitterGent  
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2023 2:13:39 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Well funny story.... I just updated to 4.22 and was loading figures to test, and.... got an error with G8M DCK Shell on load in. Haven't determined if shader or UV yet, looks like UV issue.

Now on test run it appears when a preset is added and only in the viewport.

Edited by user Saturday, December 23, 2023 3:34:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBitterGent attached the following image(s):
G8M DCK SHELL ISSUE.png
Meipe on 12/24/2023(UTC)
TheBitterGent  
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2023 4:25:55 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

G8M and G8.1M with their respective DCKs Mat Presets added in Iray View.
Look like their Cutout Opacities maps are displaying the black portion maybe UV but the darker greenish hue also makes it look like 4.22s iray preview is more a darkened filament preview than an iray.

========================================

It seems to be that 'Thin Walled" is preset to OFF on the Shell. Same for GP, BRST, FUT, DCK, HL. Turning Thin Walled ON fixes the preview.

Edited by user Saturday, February 24, 2024 3:55:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Possible error fix found

G8M DCK SHELL ISSUE 2.png
Meipe on 12/24/2023(UTC)
jeremion  
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2023 4:48:06 AM(UTC)
jeremion

Yeah, I've seen that too on G9, a little color change but I thought I could live with that. Don't know if that explains the grey / white squares on the ass

Meipe  
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2023 1:12:03 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1233 time(s) in 614 post(s)

Originally Posted by: jeremion Go to Quoted Post

Don't know if that explains the grey / white squares on the ass

It's a problem with UVs.

Dicktator's 'default UVs' are based on G9's UVs, not on G8M's UVs. So, if you set the main character's UVs to G8 with some converter, you get seams on Dicktator's front and white areas on its back.

jeremion  
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2023 1:40:03 PM(UTC)
jeremion

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post

It's a problem with UVs.

Dicktator's 'default UVs' are based on G9's UVs, not on G8M's UVs. So, if you set the main character's UVs to G8 with some converter, you get seams on Dicktator's front and white areas on its back.

Thanks Meipe, so, no workaround I guess ?

TheBitterGent  
#18 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2023 5:08:47 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post

It's a problem with UVs.

Thanks Meipe, so, no workaround I guess ?

Change the UV, or copy the mats from a non converted (w/e race) g9's dck and paste it on the converted g9's dck. As long as the DCK maintains the UV it should be colorable with standard presets.

If you had an ogre, demon, or scarface with a slashed tip or something it'd be different.

jeremion  
#19 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2023 9:37:25 AM(UTC)
jeremion

OK, I see. I think with all of that I have a begining of an answer.
Just to see how it looked, I apply the UDIM UV with the 8.1 skin applied. Looking at this ass, I see where comes from the issue of my square. So, actually, one of a little fix would be to "just" expand his skin on the body texture, and recopy dicktator material on the same char. I made a really quick test to see how it goes (i just copy/past the ass and scaling it up. If we dont care about the color, we can see the right glutes is "fixed" (where I extended the texture) https://ibb.co/mtfHTkP

Have the begining of someting :D

Edit : well, works well in texture shaded, but not in iray xD

Edited by user Monday, December 25, 2023 9:57:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBitterGent  
#20 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2023 11:57:11 PM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

OK, I see. I think with all of that I have a begining of an answer.
Just to see how it looked, I apply the UDIM UV with the 8.1 skin applied. Looking at this ass, I see where comes from the issue of my square. So, actually, one of a little fix would be to "just" expand his skin on the body texture, and recopy dicktator material on the same char. I made a really quick test to see how it goes (i just copy/past the ass and scaling it up. If we dont care about the color, we can see the right glutes is "fixed" (where I extended the texture) https://ibb.co/mtfHTkP

Have the begining of someting :D

Edit : well, works well in texture shaded, but not in iray xD

Well does it work in spot render? Because as I was saying the shell previews in 4.22 iray preview are fubar right now, at least for me. The way yours is cut looks like a simple UV mismatch mine is a DS bug.

G8M DCK SHELL ISSUE 3.png