Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
timdonehy200  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2023 10:16:00 AM(UTC)
timdonehy200

I'm trying to get breastacular to follow a character's hand holding it via creating a IK chain (doing the correct way, ie: create null, then IK chain on hand, then IK chain on breastacular, then parent those to the null), but when I move the null, only the hans moves along and not the breast.

I tried with and without hiden gloves, using breastacular or using original pectoral for the IK chain, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any hint for me please?

TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2023 3:31:06 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 111 post(s)

If you are using the correct bones, in the correct node parenting hierarchy, you can get results.

Well quick test on G9
I (incorrectly) did null add to BRST Breast 2 (There are alot of unneeded bones on the figure ie pectoral bones on eyelashes so make sure you get the right one)
I then ik'd off that node
and parented ik chain to hand

Moving hand moved the breast but results weren't anywhere near good much better posing induvidually unless I needed to rotate my null before ik'n or something.

I dont IK chain that often so reviewed WPGURU's YT Vid (https://youtu.be/lCv_PFWcLcE)
and looks like create mid null, chain both bones, then parent both iks to null and move null was his method as well.

Im guessing you may have accidentally ik'd the wrong breast bone (figure or figures piece instead of Breastacular's Breast)

ADDENDUM:

With further testing IK was not working using that method on the Pectorals, BRST Breast, (didn't appear locked, limits maybe???) but did work for BRST Breast 2. 

Edited by user Tuesday, December 12, 2023 3:50:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Addendum

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 12/19/2023(UTC)