Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PhantasyMaster99  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2023 11:17:02 PM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Are the male and female shapes default for all male and female G9s?

Godless noted that you need the basic Female and Male shapes for their pose packs to work. I have many female figures from various sources you may have not been built with that applied, i.e. the author made their own morphs. Since I don't really know if that's done or not, I wanted to find out before purchasing since they specifically said you need that. For instance, I have models made by MGAB, USB, and UndeadCrabStick, and Idk how they make their models. Will these pose packs work with these figures?

PM99

wurger  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2023 11:36:24 PM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Poses will work but may required adjustment to fit different body shapes (mostly likely hand positions)
thanks 1 user thanked wurger for this useful post.
PhantasyMaster99 on 11/21/2023(UTC)
BrotherHades  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2023 1:18:53 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Most of your G9 poses are going to be for Base G9 (Genesis 9 loaded as is with no morphs) Genesis 9 Female (Genesis 9 with Base Feminine Morph applied) or Genesis 9 Male (Genesis 9 with Base Masculine Morph applied) while the poses can be adapted to work with other shapes/morphs, unless a specific Character Morph is mentioned as being needed, most of the time the poses will be for G9 w/o morphs, G9 Feminine (G9F) or G9 Masculine (G9M)

Just as with previous Genesis versions unless otherwise stated the poses will be built for the default shape Genesis Figures (Only issue is Daz made a combined Base this generation so you have to activate the male (Base Masculine) or Female (Base Feminine) where 3 previous generations you just loaded the Base Male or Base Female figure as a starting point)

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 3/30/2024(UTC)
Godless8  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2023 2:20:36 PM(UTC)
Godless8

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)

Originally Posted by: PhantasyMaster99 Go to Quoted Post

Are the male and female shapes default for all male and female G9s?

Godless noted that you need the basic Female and Male shapes for their pose packs to work. I have many female figures from various sources you may have not been built with that applied, i.e. the author made their own morphs. Since I don't really know if that's done or not, I wanted to find out before purchasing since they specifically said you need that. For instance, I have models made by MGAB, USB, and UndeadCrabStick, and Idk how they make their models. Will these pose packs work with these figures?

PM99

Hi PhantasyMaster99!

I assume you are referring to "Jacking him for G9"

When creating this pose pack, I used the base male & base female shapes on the G9 figures. These are included in the Genesis 9 starter essentials. If you wish these poses to fit "perfectly" out of the box, you would need to apply these to a base G9 figure.

However, as is the case with most pose packs, it is assumed you will use your own models, and you will need to adjust the poses because of that. You don't "need" these basic shapes if you are willing to adjust the poses to your models. The poses will load on any G9 figure.

I hope this clears it up! :)

Tentacles! Tentacles everywhere!

PhantasyMaster99  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2023 6:49:17 PM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks Godless!

I've bought quite a few pose packs, but I never saw one that specifically stated the requirement. I was just concerned that they would be unusable on a character w/o the shapes. I didn't think that even if they don't, they would be the same bones and just require adjusting, which pretty much every pose you don't use vanilla figures does. Thanks for the response and clearing that up!
thanks 1 user thanked PhantasyMaster99 for this useful post.
Godless8 on 11/24/2023(UTC)