Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jameskong  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2023 10:00:17 AM(UTC)
jameskong

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

This is a summary of my custom morph tries.

1. Make the model: the recommended step to reach the desired base model of your morph is to load a G8M (or whatever model) with the Dicktator loaded. Then, set the build-in morph of Dicktator to your desired value.

THIS IS THE FIRST IMPORTANT STEP: Unparent the Dicktator from the base model, and then use bridge to send to the sculpture tools (Blender, Zbrush, etc.)

(If you somehow happened to be able to make HD morph [PA presumably], make sure to set the correct displacement value after unparent! This is the only way to make a HD morph)

2.Sculpture and back to DAZ3D: When you finish the sculpture for your morph, transfer it back to DAZ3D, and the morph should be automatically created (if not, use the Morph Loader Pro with the obj file)

3.Create a Property and ERC Freeze: You will have this morph in the Dicktator. However, to make sure it fit G8M (or any other model) you used (since Dicktator is a Geograft to the base model), 

THIS IS THE SECOND IMPORTANT STEP: we have to make the corresponding base model property, navigate to <Parameter> tab and select the G8M base model, right-click select Edit Mode, and then right click and then select Create New Property create a new property as you like (Name Label Path, I use the same value as in the Dicktator morph I created), and then after that select the newly created property, and right click select ERC Freeze. in the popup window check the Attenuate checkbox, and then choose as following :

Mode: Controller

Node:Gensis 8 Male/Dicktator Genitalia

Property<the morph you created for the Dicktator>

And then click OK

4.ERC Bake Property:, Right click on the property that you just created for G8M(or any other base model), select ERC Bake (Delta Add,Add,Subtract),

Then, if everything is set up correctly, you should able to use your morph as exactly shown in sculpture tools.

Your will able to adjust the morph with the morph controller under Gensis 8 Male/Dicktator Genitalia, leave the G8M property alone.

Meipe, if I did anything wrong, please kindly correct me. Thanks again for your wonderful prop!

Edited by user Friday, November 17, 2023 11:55:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Add last step.

Hellboy  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2023 4:12:28 PM(UTC)
Hellboy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 77 post(s)

You don´t need to unparent the genitals. You can export Genesis with them attached and in Morph Loader Pro select Load Morphs for: Primary Figure from Graft (Facet Order). This is useful if you need to create a custom morph that affects the genitals AND the character, like a character fit or a posed character.

Obviously, you select either Genesis or the genitals before launching MLP.

Depending on the morph, you probably will also need to adjust the rigging to shape.

If you want to control a genital morph directly from Genesis, all you need is to activate "Auto Follow" for the genital morph and create an empty morph of the same name for Genesis.

UserPostedImage
DAZ STUDIO USER SINCE 2006
thanks 2 users thanked Hellboy for this useful post.
jameskong on 11/17/2023(UTC), Thunder-3D on 11/18/2023(UTC)
jameskong  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2023 8:07:12 PM(UTC)
jameskong

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Hellboy Go to Quoted Post

You don´t need to unparent the genitals. You can export Genesis with them attached and in Morph Loader Pro select Load Morphs for: Primary Figure from Graft (Facet Order). This is useful if you need to create a custom morph that affects the genitals AND the character, like a character fit or a posed character.

Obviously, you select either Genesis or the genitals before launching MLP.

Depending on the morph, you probably will also need to adjust the rigging to shape.

If you want to control a genital morph directly from Genesis, all you need is to activate "Auto Follow" for the genital morph and create an empty morph of the same name for Genesis.

OMG SOTO? Love your work!

One thing I have to do this is that for ZBrush it seems will create two sub-tools for the genital? One with sub-division but fuse to the G8M and one without sub-division. I am not sure if that was just me or anything. So I just trying to workaround this.

And another thing is that when export back to DAZ3D, it seems the morph will stay low sub-d (even it is a HD morph). So the rest step is to make sure the geograft is stay HD I guess?

I just really a noob that trying to play around. Thanks for the info!

Edited by user Friday, November 17, 2023 8:09:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hellboy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2023 12:54:49 AM(UTC)
Hellboy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 77 post(s)

Thank you.

I think that is the case when using the bridge. If I remember correctly, you sculpt the merged subtool and import back as I described. But honestly it's been too long since I used the bridge, I prefer to export and import manually.

Only PA have access to create HD morphs. There is no way to import a subdivided mesh as a morph. So even if you export at high resolution to sculpt your morph, you can't import it back. The only workaround is to sculpt your HD shape and bake it as a displacement map. Or normal map, but that won't alter the mesh shape as displacement.

UserPostedImage
DAZ STUDIO USER SINCE 2006