Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rhetgamer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2023 8:27:31 AM(UTC)
rhetgamer

I am certain this question has been asked before but... I'm looking at some products that have an extended license. Some of those products have a clear extended license document that explains the license (such as "can be used in a game not selling more than 50k copies). But many products have a license that is separate from buying the product and no explanation of what the license allows vs. just owning the product.

Could someone help explain the limitations on the use of products purchased here and the value of extended licenses? Or just point me to good explanations already on the forums?

Relatively new here and would love to understand what to purchase and make sure that I'm doing right by the creators.

Thank you.

RangerRabbit  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2023 4:46:01 PM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Originally Posted by: rhetgamer Go to Quoted Post

Could someone help explain the limitations on the use of products purchased here and the value of extended licenses? Or just point me to good explanations already on the forums?

The extended license grants the purchaser the right to use the product in video game development so long as the number of copies sold does not exceed 50,000. Our standard license grants the purchaser the right to use the product for any purpose, personal or commercial, so long as the end product is non-extractable, (must be rendered into a flat image). So this means that you can purchase products and use them to create images and comics that you can then sell. The wire mesh, or underlying pose/lighting/texture...etc settings would not be extractable so long as it's rendered out. 

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
thanks 3 users thanked RangerRabbit for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 11/5/2023(UTC), Pushee-Ri on 11/9/2023(UTC), Meipe on 11/12/2023(UTC)
rhetgamer  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2023 12:31:24 PM(UTC)
rhetgamer

I'm still not sure I understand. So, do you need the extended license to make visual novels that you intend to distribute but that are only made up of 3d images or animations but are not just single flat images?

That's what I'm not clear on.

Thanks.
Meipe  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2023 1:00:42 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1234 time(s) in 614 post(s)