Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Justfutaruby  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 2:25:14 PM(UTC)
Justfutaruby

Hey meipe, I tried to use the golden palace addon for g9 and it works untill the copy material script. It says it was succesfull but the textures still show up as white. Idk if I'm doing something wrong but I didn't have this issue with the breastacular addon. Can I not use both on the same model?

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 2:42:03 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)
If you have both on the models, and material copy scripts were run successfully, the white is usually due to the shells. Select each and every shell and run the shell fix script.

The cause of the problem is when grafts/shells are added all the grafts in the scene have the graft surfaces added to the shells, and since there is no surface information for the foreign surfaces on the shells, it loads a default white surface for those surfaces from the other grafts.

If by chance the shell fix doesn't work you might have to select the shells and manually turn off the surfaces from the other grafts ie. turning off breastacular surfaces on the Golden Palace shell(s) and Golden Palace surfaces on the Breastacular shell.
thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
Meipe on 11/2/2023(UTC)
gildeviant  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2023 12:03:43 PM(UTC)
gildeviant

I have the same problem but with different products.
How exactly do you "manually turn off the surfaces"?
BrotherHades  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2023 1:24:15 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Originally Posted by: gildeviant Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem but with different products.
How exactly do you "manually turn off the surfaces"?

I'm not at my computer at the moment so I'm going by memory here. But after selecting the shell in scene tab, look at properties tab and there should be a shell surfaces selection. Scroll through the surfaces looking for surfaces from other grafts and disable them.

Alternatively you can with shell selected in scene tab, go to surfaces tab, look for surfaces from other grafts, and go to opacity and set to 0.
Meipe on 11/7/2023(UTC)
mco_dev  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2023 7:50:07 AM(UTC)
mco_dev

I'm having a similar issue for GoldenPalace G8F, I'm using 8.1, and the genitalia is grey even though it "copied"
mco_dev  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2023 6:43:32 AM(UTC)
mco_dev

G8F is working for me, but G8.1F is still appearing white even when using shell fix, I've contacted Miepe about it..

in the selection there is GP_v2_Genitalia, then Genitalia Rigidity, and then shell fix, am I supposed to use them all for G8.1 ?i've tried both, or just one, but its still white.

Edited by user Sunday, November 19, 2023 6:46:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrotherHades  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2023 3:15:02 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Originally Posted by: mco_dev Go to Quoted Post

G8F is working for me, but G8.1F is still appearing white even when using shell fix, I've contacted Miepe about it..

in the selection there is GP_v2_Genitalia, then Genitalia Rigidity, and then shell fix, am I supposed to use them all for G8.1 ?i've tried both, or just one, but its still white.

GP_v2_Genitalia and Genitalia Rigidity are one or the other. Genitalia Rigidity adds GP with a Rigidity Map to fix issues with certain morphs at the figure level greatly distorting GP (Characters with heavy and big girl morphs, as well as a big deal of scaling)

Otherwise shell fix usually takes care of the issue, but it must be used on every shell in the scene, even if the shell isn't marked or named as a shell. Something like a dirt layer, or moisture layer could be the culprit. (Though both can be accomplished via L.I.E. Presets I've seen more and more moisture and dirt effects using shells)

Meipe on 11/24/2023(UTC)
Mojoman  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2024 9:15:23 PM(UTC)
Mojoman

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So just an update on my part, I had the same issues with the 8.1 Genitalia shell being all white, I had earlier installed/ added the "Wet Geometry" from the lickaliciouse set, after reading BrotherHades advice, I decided to delete the "Wet Geometry" and the Golden genatilia shell color (Mat copy) returned in all its glory!

Thank you BrotherHades!!

Oh and thank you Meipe, I do love your products !
thanks 2 users thanked Mojoman for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 4/28/2024(UTC), Meipe on 4/29/2024(UTC)